izzy
VendettaRed07
Abramovich
McAgger
Freeza
21 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 25 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:47 am

izzy wrote:
LeSwagg James wrote:I have him pretty high, I'm just saying he should be on everyone's top 15.

I have never made a list but he would be somewhere in my top 7 probably, maybe top 5 tbh.. I don't rate big men so he would be up there

I wasn't arguing your statement, I just wanted to know who you had above. Laughing

How can you not rate big men? They are the most dominant players in the game. What is wrong with you?

I can't rate players that dominate the game within a 10 foot radius over players who play the whole court..

The perimeter players I would definitively place above Kobe are MJ, Magic and LeBron.. Maybe Bird too

LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 25 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by izzy Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:51 am

LeSwagg James wrote:I can't rate players that dominate the game within a 10 foot radius over players who play the whole court..

You're insane, you know that?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:58 am

Jesus Christ Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:59 am

rofl
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:02 am

Top 15 and doesn't rate big men.

Didn't there was 14 better perimeter players than Kobe but I feel it's important that we learn new things everyday tbf.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:06 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Top 15 and doesn't rate big men.

Didn't there was 14 better perimeter players than Kobe but I feel it's important that we learn new things everyday tbf.

He said Kobe was top 5 because he doesn't rate big men. Only has Lebron, MJ, Magic and Bird ahead of him.

How can you not rate big men though? Swagg, really?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:08 am

It really is insane Laughing

Personally think it's because it props Lebron even higher hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:10 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Top 15 and doesn't rate big men.

Tbf, he said that he should be in everyone's top 15. He said personally he would have him as top 7 or even top 5.

Not that it makes the big men statement any less ridiculous in its own right though.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:13 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It really is insane Laughing

Personally think it's because it props Lebron even higher hmm

Even so, you could put big men in and most people would still have LeBron higher than Kobe. No excuse.

Arguably the greatest player of all time is a big man.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:19 am

I wouldn't :coffee:

I think he will be eventually but I don't consider his career to be above Kobe's yet...
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:35 am

That's fair.

You have to rate big men. No idea what Swagg is thinking.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:55 am

Meh, I rate hitting somebody with a crossover, splitting the D and playing a no look pass to the corner higher than turning and shooting it over your shoulder. Perimeter players are way more skilled and they should be rewarded accordingly imo.

The only big men I was ever been a fan of were Hakeem and KG really. Not saying big men are all scrubs and worthless, its just they will have a hard time beating out GOAT perimeter players for me.
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:11 am

LeSwagg James wrote:Meh, I rate hitting somebody with a crossover, splitting the D and playing a no look pass to the corner higher than turning and shooting it over your shoulder. Perimeter players are way more skilled and they should be rewarded accordingly imo.

The only big men I was ever been a fan of were Hakeem and KG really. Not saying big men are all scrubs and worthless, its just they will have a hard time beating out GOAT perimeter players for me.

Oh lord. Crossovers more skilled than a sky hook? yeah.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:19 am

Freeza wrote:
LeSwagg James wrote:Meh, I rate hitting somebody with a crossover, splitting the D and playing a no look pass to the corner higher than turning and shooting it over your shoulder. Perimeter players are way more skilled and they should be rewarded accordingly imo.

Oh lord. Crossovers more skilled than a sky hook? yeah.

It was a sequence of moves :coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:59 am

Kobe is my favorite player of all time. It was a pleasure to watch his prime years. One of the best ever. He will be missed a lot. My interest in basketball dropped a lot after his (and Lakers) decline. I still follow it but before I used to get up at 7AM just to watch Kobe.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:36 am

M99 wrote:Kobe is my favorite player of all time. It was a pleasure to watch his prime years. One of the best ever. He will be missed a lot. My interest in basketball dropped a lot after his (and Lakers) decline. I still follow it but before I used to get up at 7AM just to watch Kobe.

What Lakers decline?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:20 am

M99 wrote:Kobe is my favorite player of all time. It was a pleasure to watch his prime years. One of the best ever. He will be missed a lot. My interest in basketball dropped a lot after his (and Lakers) decline. I still follow it but before I used to get up at 7AM just to watch Kobe.

Pretty much this.

Plus Kobe will forever be one of my greatest sporting heroes. He epitomises the thing I love most in sports. Commitment, dedication, hunger, passion, hustle and grind. You just can't hate someone who dedicates his life to his profession and passion with that much drive.

Like Freeza it started around about the mid 00s for me as well. Used to watch SportsCentre when we still had ESPN and this one guy they be praising was always on every day. Killing it! Running from one of the court to the next. Last second game winning shots. Dem prime fadeaway shots :banderas:
Then I was like shit I need to watch that. And I would also get up early mornings to watch games live.

Was a treat to watch him play. Definitely one of the best ever.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:45 am

Just read Okafor drove 108mph in a 45 zone on the Brooklyn bridge 3 weeks ago.

This kid is basketball Benzema confirmed
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:03 am

This is a brilliant piece
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14256934
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:44 am

Yeah, that was coming I guess. I think now is the time to celebrate Kobe's greatness, because its so difficult to watch him actually play now.

Shame on the Lakers for not surrounding him with players in these last years. Instead there were content to collect all the money his former super stardom brought their way.

The 2nd best guard of all time, one of the most skilled (and truly skilled, not bull shit crossover and passing to the corner Laughing) players ever seen, outstanding on the perimeter with his slivering moves and creative rim explosions while almost equally adept in the post with a masterful array of pivots and spins.

A truly lethal scorer who had ridiculous runs in the league, who can forget scoring 50 points 4 games in a row? Who can forget scoring 81 points? Who could forget 12 3's in a game? We talking about a guy with five 60 point games and twenty-five 50 point games in his career.

Above all this, the one thing I will remember is his attitude. Often cited as a negative by today's soft standard I will remember him as a brutal competitor who gives nobody an inch on the court. Team-mates felt his wrath for their perceived lack of performance or heart and his opponents came up against a killer who stomped on your heart. Other than Jordan himself, I dont think anyone can match his self belief, no matter who was out there and who he faced, he thought he was the best and nobody could convince him otherwise.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:37 pm

That's how Drogba vs Arsenal defence felt like all those years
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:38 pm

Nah for that you need a Shaq gif RG.

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 25 Shaq-pwns-chris-dudley

Like so....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:55 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:Meh, I rate hitting somebody with a crossover, splitting the D and playing a no look pass to the corner higher than turning and shooting it over your shoulder.

The ultimate "style over substance" quote.

Which is odd because you're a LeBron lover.........
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:25 pm

izzy wrote:
LeSwagg James wrote:Meh, I rate hitting somebody with a crossover, splitting the D and playing a no look pass to the corner higher than turning and shooting it over your shoulder.

I'm just saying perimeter players are far more skilled than big men mate
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:30 pm

How do you go from that, to no big men are in your best player of all time?

Perimeter players have more "skills".

Big men control the paint (the most important area on the floor) on both ends.

You can prefer little guys over bigs, but the "best" players are surely those who impact the game the most? And the elite big men controlled the game more than the little guys, obviously.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:36 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:
izzy wrote:

I'm just saying perimeter players are far more skilled than big men mate

Disagree with that tbh, especially when it attains to the best ever.

Duncan, KG, Dream, Shaq, Kareem, Wilt and Russell are/were incredibly skilled. Sure they can't do certain things, but you can attribute that to perimeter players as well.

He's not in that class, but Webber would shit on a lot of great guards when it comes to skill level. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next