Lucifer
À bout de souffle
Sri
futbol
Hapless_Hans
Art Morte
14 posters

Go down

Is Klopp too passionate? Empty Is Klopp too passionate?

Post by Art Morte Thu 31 Dec - 18:43:18

Some people were ridiculing him for taking the team to in front of the Kop when we got a late draw against West Brom at Anfield. Yesterday he was told to calm down by a police officer when he confronted Allardyce about Lens's nasty tackle on Sakho. He's got a lot of emotion and reaction in him.

Is Klopp showing too much "passion"? Is all of it genuine or just for show? Does he stand out too much for it? Which other managers react as passionately as Klopp does?

Last edited by Art Morte on Thu 31 Dec - 18:50:05; edited 1 time in total
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Is Klopp too passionate? Empty Re: Is Klopp too passionate?

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu 31 Dec - 18:48:52

Klopp is a psycho on the sideline. He himself would be the first to admit it.

When he was confronted with the pictures of him shouting at the 4th official couple seasons ago
Spoiler:
, he was genuinely shocked himself at how he looks lol. Dont think he can control it and it's certainly not acted.

Pep is similar. Grabbing fourth officials, can't calm down.
I mean Pep refused to shake the hands of the MLS allstar team coach after a preseason prestige friendly rofl
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu 31 Dec - 19:19:39

Difference with Pep is that Pep is acting fake. Like coming to the Barca-City game last season and doing all sorts of overblown reaction faces, knowing fully well that all cameras are focused on him. As if he didn't see the Barca team from up close for 4 years day in day out and a bit of routine Barca magic makes him lose his emotions like that. Laughing

Klopp is genuinenly like that.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu 31 Dec - 19:39:35

Yes.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by À bout de souffle Thu 31 Dec - 19:46:45

Everything about Klopp is genuine, his yellow teeth included. I despise his marriage with L'pool, however. For that reason, I can't get myself to watch his team.
I was hoping he'd bring his exuberance, and eccentricity to L.Liga, and still do.

Football needs more charismatic and passionate managers, and less impostors at the elite level.
À bout de souffle
À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu 31 Dec - 19:58:45

futbol wrote:Difference with Pep is that Pep is acting fake. Like coming to the Barca-City game last season and doing all sorts of overblown reaction faces, knowing fully well that all cameras are focused on him. As if he didn't see the Barca team from up close for 4 years day in day out and a bit of routine Barca magic makes him lose his emotions like that. Laughing

Klopp is genuinenly like that.

Is Klopp too passionate? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZpPCkKNe-V3xodDrJgTW2zteRPipUwewvlzDoYnJ9zI-wRelY

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Thu 31 Dec - 20:50:52

What football said.. I mean, I thought I was the only one who detected his fakeness. For instance the city game, just take a look at the pleb Doing some uh's and ah's while holding his mouth with eye balls wide open for some simple everyday nutmeg like he was bout to see amber rose's *bleep*.. Pos tbh
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Thu 31 Dec - 21:14:14

Is Klopp too passionate? Jurgen-klopp-pissed
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu 31 Dec - 21:48:08

lmao futbol

good stuff

funny guy
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu 31 Dec - 21:55:49

No such thing as too much passion in this sport.

If anything, there isn't enough of it from many coaches and other figures off the pitch.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu 31 Dec - 22:13:41

McLewis wrote:No such thing as too much passion in this sport.

If anything, there isn't enough of it from many coaches and other figures off the pitch.

On one hand, I agree. Too many managers and players show too little passion.

On the other hand I'm thinking that in about 10 games now, Klopp has had somewhat serious confrontations with Pulis and Allardyce. Both very experienced Premier League managers and neither known for getting into such wars of words with opposition managers that it makes the match reports. Yet Klopp has now had confrontations with both of them.

I thought the gesture to take the team in front of the Kop after the West Brom game was great and I'd like to see that happen again, but some of this other stuff feels a bit much for me. Like, we played a really dour 0-1 win over Sunderland yesterday and after the final whistle Klopp was hugging every player on the pitch - both Liverpool and Sunderland - like it was a 3-4 classic in the Champions League final. A part of me likes that attitude, but a part of me feels like he's overplaying it.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Thu 31 Dec - 22:28:46

Perucho21 wrote:Is Klopp too passionate? Jurgen-klopp-pissed

lol this is the best
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu 31 Dec - 22:29:11

Art Morte wrote:

On the other hand I'm thinking that in about 10 games now, Klopp has had somewhat serious confrontations with Pulis and Allardyce. Both very experienced Premier League managers and neither known for getting into such wars of words with opposition managers that it makes the match reports. Yet Klopp has now had confrontations with both of them.

I thought the gesture to take the team in front of the Kop after the West Brom game was great and I'd like to see that happen again, but some of this other stuff feels a bit much for me. Like, we played a really dour 0-1 win over Sunderland yesterday and after the final whistle Klopp was hugging every player on the pitch - both Liverpool and Sunderland - like it was a 3-4 classic in the Champions League final. A part of me likes that attitude, but a part of me feels like he's overplaying it.

I think these incidents are part of the Klopp package honestly. You have to take the bad with the good. The man has a crazy temper and that probably won't change.

For me, I love Klopp's passion....even when it's pointed at other coaches. Too many negative interactions between coaches are cold war-ish (thinking Benitez-Mourinho). While it's certainly not in good taste for Klopp to have a go at 2 coaches that have been around PL as long as Allardyce and Pulis have been, I think it's refreshing that he took them on directly instead of snarking them in press conferences and interviews.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu 31 Dec - 22:48:56

Pulis and Allardyce have had beef with Wenger before
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu 31 Dec - 22:51:15

Perucho21 wrote:Is Klopp too passionate? Jurgen-klopp-pissed

Oh my geez, I actually forgot how legit scary this was. Mans raised 7 stages of hell in that moment.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 31 Dec - 22:55:16

There is a reason why managers like Pulis or Big sam hates managers with progressive philosophies lol

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu 31 Dec - 23:00:10

McLewis wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

I think these incidents are part of the Klopp package honestly. You have to take the bad with the good. The man has a crazy temper and that probably won't change.

For me, I love Klopp's passion....even when it's pointed at other coaches. Too many negative interactions between coaches are cold war-ish (thinking Benitez-Mourinho). While it's certainly not in good taste for Klopp to have a go at 2 coaches that have been around PL as long as Allardyce and Pulis have been, I think it's refreshing that he took them on directly instead of snarking them in press conferences and interviews.

Yeah, I'm just not sure if all of it is 100% genuine reaction. Watching him, I feel something like 20% is him enjoying that role and exaggerating it.

And I like the parts where he tries to get the crowd going - because the crowds in England need that, too - but I can tell some of the players are a little uncomfortable when he's hugging them like a 0-1 win over Sunderland is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun 24 Jan - 6:26:34

How can you not love this guy ffs

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun 24 Jan - 8:12:59

That is my question

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun 24 Jan - 9:14:02

Benteke rofl

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum