Kaladin
futbol_bill
Mr Nick09
81 posters

Page 32 of 35 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Go down

Zidane Sack Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: Zidane Sack Watch

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 31, 2021 4:55 pm

Not sure who are the Madrid fans you are referring to Sports. I see conversations on social medias about Zidane being right and also those criticizing this approach to deal with things in the medias.

Maybe it’s not a good idea to make a blanket statement about « Madrid fans », aren’t you one of those fans yet you have a different opinion? lol

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 31, 2021 5:01 pm

Most fans that I'm reading on social media defend the club no matter what:  Most defended Flo Trump's Super League (although not here mostly).  And most are saying Zidane should thank his lucky stars to have been the manager of Real Madrid.

Those fans. It's typical. Fans are fans and those who participate on social media tend to be the die-hard ones.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon May 31, 2021 6:14 pm

We always part ways with our stars very badly no matter how historic they are. This is another one of those cases

After that lettee, it's safe to say Zidane will not be back for a very very long time

Noone comes out of this looking good. Neither Zidane nor Perez/Sanchez. Oh well *sigh*

Strong rumours now that Ramos is leaving. Guess we'll get another letter bashing Perez
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon May 31, 2021 6:30 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:The hypocrisy of Zidane about the medias when he himself was shooting the club in the foot talking about Bale a few years ago. JAS or whoever did not need to leak that he was gonna be sacked if he had failed to qualify out of the group stage, everybody knew that. You can’t coach Madrid and get embarrassed out of the group stage without thinking that heat is coming your way.

I don’t know what’s the point of taking a page out in the media to attack the club without naming anyone, when you have already gone. It’s creating more confusion because now people wonder who he is talking about and it’s extending a conversation that had already quieted down.

All and all a useless statement in my opinion. Say you love the club and move on, if you wanted to change things, pull a Mourinho and get rid of people like he did with Valdano to consolidate power.

Wow. Absolutely clueless and ungrateful for all that zizou has done. Defending JAS.. I don’t even know where to begin with you.

Zidane has every right to speak his mind. He has ALWAYS been classy and carried himself as a gentleman. ALWAYS. And instead of actually hearing him out and understanding that this club has serious issues and the root of the problems come from the board, and that Zidane basically pushed a dying squad destroyed by injuries to the max.. straight up ungrateful.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 31, 2021 6:57 pm

I think you are missing the target a bit here Fennec, I don’t particularly care to defend Zidane or the club. We all know that neither are perfect.

Zidane made a statement which I think is useless if he is not actually going to name anyone. He is also choosing to leave instead of maybe trying to change things within the club. He had power, and he decided not to use it, and since he decided to leave, I don’t need to hear from him anymore.

There is a saying that there are always 3 sides to a story, today we are hearing about Zidane’s but we will never hear the other parties. I have no reasons to take his party if I don’t hear from the other side. If you want to assume that Zidane is right in the disputes he had internally with the club, that’s your prerogative. At the end of the day, Zidane is not some kind of beacon of truth, he is as self interested as JAS and the other directors, and they all fight to defend their beliefs and positions.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 31, 2021 7:00 pm

Zidane has nothing left to prove or to gain.  Nothing.  To me, I choose the party with the least agenda.  Zidane could have just silently walked away and his legend + reputation would have actually been higher.  His prospects of getting another elite managing job would have been higher in fact.

Instead, he chose to expose the issues at the club because, frankly, he cares.  ZZ also knows that he's probably the only person alive with the credentials and equity to be heard about such things.  

This is the exact opposite of a selfish act. If you don't understand this history of ZZ and how he's practically NEVER gone public unless it was a last resort... then I don't know what to tell you.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon May 31, 2021 7:12 pm

Sigh Real Madrid fans can be so ungrateful sometimes, we definitely deserve to be stuck with guys like Solari or Lopetegui as our head coach.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 31, 2021 7:12 pm

I remember Zidane tanking a World Cup final for a county by head butting Materazzi. That’s an all time selfish act. So maybe I am not going to agree with you about Zidane being this selfless guy who does everything for the benefit of others…

And for the record, Zidane exposed absolutely nothing which was not already assumed in the informed press of Madrid. This further reinforces my opinion that his statement is useless. By the time we hire a new manager and start signing players, we will completely forget about this. People are not going to March in Madrid asking for change because of that statement
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 31, 2021 7:16 pm

He explained that.... he went public (one of the few times).  He apologized that his temper got the best of him (we're all human) but also explained why he lost his temper.  He didn't look for people to forgive him or whatever else... he felt that he needed to make the reason public.  That wasn't premeditated.  It just happened.  He took responsibility for his action.

And guess what...  Materazzi, who was a prick before that and continues to be, was the one who got the heat as a result.  Not ZZ as much as one would think.  Even in Italy, they were extremely angry with Materazzi and he complained about it lol. Other than Sagnol, his teammates weren't that mad because, frankly, they don't even qualify for the WC if Zidane hadn't decided to come out of international retirement to help them.

Is this seriously your retort???
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 31, 2021 7:25 pm

What are we talking about here again? Lol

Look, you want to take Zidane’s party here and believe that he is right and there are people who are evil at the club, etc… that’s ok, that’s your right and opinion.

He did what he could for the club, he is choosing to leave because he feels he can’t contribute more than he did. We respect his work and we love what he offered to Madrid.

His statement is useless, bye and enjoy the rest of your career we will cheer for you.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon May 31, 2021 7:36 pm

Don't understand any of Zidane's criticism. He is being politically neutral while shedding light into some of the issues at Madrid. What more do you want?

This guy overachieved with what Madrid have. To think otherwise, well, wait and see next season.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon May 31, 2021 7:42 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:We always part ways with our stars very badly no matter how historic they are. This is another one of those cases

After that lettee, it's safe to say Zidane will not be back for a very very long time

Noone comes out of this looking good. Neither Zidane nor Perez/Sanchez. Oh well *sigh*

Strong rumours now that Ramos is leaving. Guess we'll get another letter bashing Perez
The club would be fine as that is all that really matters. Nothing would change the legacy that Ramos gave us but I do know he was extremely well compensated for his efforts so he would not leave here with his pockets empty nor should he feel he was mistreated (he wasn't, at all).
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 31, 2021 7:45 pm

danyjr wrote:Don't understand any of Zidane's criticism. He is being politically neutral while shedding light into some of the issues at Madrid. What more do you want?

This guy overachieved with what Madrid have. To think otherwise, well, wait and see next season.
taking out a page to publish something in AS, which is the rival of Marca where Madrid directors send their news and leaks first, to say “ I love you president but you did not defend me against these guys” is not a political statement? Ok.

I didn’t think saying that his statement is useless for me as a fan is a criticism, maybe that’s why there is such response. But I would wager that saying anything short of “I agree with Zidane this club awful” would be seen as a criticism here. And I will say this again, he said nothing new. Another bland statement like his press conferences (now that’s a criticism)

We love you Zizou
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 31, 2021 8:40 pm

Again, typical Madrid fan...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 31, 2021 8:46 pm

Well if by Typical Madrid fan you mean that Madrid is my only club and I live in die Real Madrid, while you are atypical and you flip flop between supporting Madrid, PSG and Marseille. Well I am a proud typical Madrid fan
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon May 31, 2021 9:35 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
danyjr wrote:Don't understand any of Zidane's criticism. He is being politically neutral while shedding light into some of the issues at Madrid. What more do you want?

taking out a page to publish something in AS, which is the rival of Marca where Madrid directors send their news and leaks first, to say “ I love you president but you did not defend me against these guys” is not a political statement? Ok.

I didn’t think saying that his statement is useless for me as a fan is a criticism, maybe that’s why there is such response. But I would wager that saying anything short of “I agree with Zidane this club awful” would be seen as a criticism here. And I will say this again, he said nothing new. Another bland statement like his press conferences (now that’s a criticism)

We love you Zizou
Yeah but what more do you want? Him ripping into the people that made his life difficult at Madrid, calling their names etc? It is just not done these days. He knows he might have to work with this bunch again, and personally I think he is too respectful to call any names.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 31, 2021 10:56 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
There is a saying that there are always 3 sides to a story,

That's not exactly how the saying that I know goes, but I do like this one better Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon May 31, 2021 11:25 pm

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/opinion/2021/05/31/60b50fe9ca4741506e8b45a0.html

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/opinion/2021/05/31/60b4ab3246163f4c9c8b45fe.html

Thumbs up
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon May 31, 2021 11:48 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:

That's not exactly how the saying that I know goes, but I do like this one better Laughing

Is it some cool German saying? I think the one Nick refers to is "There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each differently."
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 31, 2021 11:58 pm

Doc wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:

Is it some cool German saying? I think the one Nick refers to is "There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each differently."

That's awesome

I honeslty just knew the, well, cheap-ass version

"There's two sides to every story"
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:45 am

futbol_bill wrote:https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/opinion/2021/05/31/60b50fe9ca4741506e8b45a0.html

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/opinion/2021/05/31/60b4ab3246163f4c9c8b45fe.html

Thumbs up

Ridiculous. They are basically calling him a traitor and a back-stabber. But then again, it's coming from Marca so I'm not surprised.

I like how Zidane signed off like a boss, burning all bridges with Florentino and making sure the latter will never call him again to come back and save his ass.

He's many things, but a traitor and backstabber are not two of them.

It just shows how disgusting the Spanish media is, particularly the Madrid-based ones. That they would betray and back-stab the one man that helped Madrid win so many trophies, and even coming back to steady a sinking ship after Florentino himself got rejected by every established manager he called after Zidane left (Conte and Max just to name two).

I don't know if it's delusion, but the Madrid board apparently still believes they have a team full of Galacticos and that they should expect major trophies every year with this crappy team. They don't realize apparently that their team has regressed and that they have been buying crappy players for the past 4 years.

Now, let's hire Raul and ask him to deliver us the treble with Vinicius, Fat "Always injured" Hazard and Rodrygo.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:53 am

This thread is pure gold.

No footy forum on the internet with the discussion depth and substance that GL does even though its 10 years past its prime.

I love Nick and Sports unconditionally. Zealous really is missed.

Last edited by Arquitecto on Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:55 am

So you now have been presented with two sides of the story. Only one left to go. Oh wait, maybe Nick has already given it!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:31 am

letter was more interesting than a lot of our football this season. bar maybe the liverpool first leg and the first half of the clasico. i hate when managers complain after they've left when they never made those issues known or handled it while they were coaching.....in zidane's case, he's earned the right to let out his feelings. if our new coach can give us 3 in a row and 2 league titles, he can shoot a tiktok video with 2 middle fingers in the sky and some blow on his nose at valdebebas when he's leaving (not the bernabeu, that's too sacred)

titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:39 am

but tbh, there's only so much the club could have done. flo could come out and give a speech saying "we will never fire zidane despite results", but when the team is getting knocked out of the copa and not strong in the ucl group, someone in the media will write an article stating flo has plans to fire him. these pieces are opinionated pieces; its how the game is. and they will reference it with some arbitrary statement like "our sources tell us....". if some marca reporter doesnt write it, someone from AS will, and if not them someone from the radio stations, cos news is literarily per minute now, with the internet.

i just dont see it as a strong enough reason; i mean, zidane isnt lopez caro or garcia ramon or one of these no name coaches. if these media rumors, leaks, tales are bothering you, you've got flo's number....you can call that man and speak your piece and tell him "i won 3 in a row damn it". there's more to it, but lol this happens at every club, hell not just footy. phil jackson won 5 in a row and they told him regardless if he wins 6 he out, and it wasnt no alleged leaks

i get his point, but based on everything, including player loyalty, i think a national team role might really suit him, you can coach and be considerably out of the media's ire unlike a club side.....cos lose 3 in a row at any of europe's top clubs and the same would happen
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:34 am

He confronted Flo on a few occasions and was ignored...and then they got distanced (hence him saying he wish that his relationship the last few months were better).

This letter today wasn't a surprise to Real Madrid either.  He told all this to Flo in their last meeting and let him know he would be writing a letter to the fans.

Zidane doesn't do anything behind people's back.  It's not his style.  He'll tell you what's up first and then take action.  

That's why players have said that, good or bad, you can't say that ZZ didn't communicate.  He will tell you exactly how how he feels about things.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2021/05/28/60b0c8b7268e3e087b8b45f8.html

"... There is no player who can say that Zidane didn't speak to him."
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 35 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next