MJ
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
El Gunner
Sri
37 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:44 pm

Would play Coquelin at RW over Theo so Henrikh or Ter Stegen are both welcome at RW

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Lucifer Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:02 pm

How can u play Ter Stegen at RW? How's that even possible? Clearly Barca won't let him go that easily.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:03 pm

Lucifer wrote:How can u play Ter Stegen at RW? How's that even possible? Clearly Barca won't let him go that easily.

Ter Stegen will play CB.

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 16 58199412
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:22 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
REWB wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

It's not happening anyway.
Mkhi is in renewal talks with BVB right now since his contract's running out in '17.
His agent is Raiola so it's not at all surprising you would hear public stories about what clubs are after him hard.

BVB want to keep him very forcefully, they'll offer him a contract at the very upper end of what's doable for them, and I'd be VERY suprised if Mkhi would decide to not extend, now that he's blossoming.

We'll just double whatever bvb offer him, then we'll see his resolve. This isnt Reus, he has no affiliation to bvb and is 27 going into the latter stages of his career. A large some of money would most likely turn his head.

BVB will reportedly offer him close to 10m per year, that's ~ 150k £ per week.
I REALLY don't see you offering double that.

No doubt PL clubs could in theory heavily outbid BVB on wages, but I don't see you doing it for Mkhitaryan.

can i ask, is he's current contract 400k yr?

moreover, if this 10mill bump is true, then does that confirm reus is leaving? apparently reus is on 4mill a year. so.....we both know mhk isnt getting 6mill more than reus.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:46 pm

REWB wrote:Are the anti-mkhitaryan posters on this thread high this week? It doesn't matter what his main position is, who gives a fck? The point is, he is better than anyone else we would have in that position. Period. Is it so hard to understand why we want him? He has proven this season to be much better at rw than any of ramsey-ox-walcott etc.

It's that I'm worried of the success rate of midfielders coming from the rest of Europe to PL and then flopping when they inevitably get pushed outwide. Cuadrado, Schurrle, etc etc
So I would much rather have someone who resembles more of a winger than an attacking midfielder to play in that position for us.

I'm also not that convinced of Mhkitarayn's quality tbh.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:21 am

Hans is talking sense in this thread. A winger is a particular role, but even if we might use "RW" or "right wing" to designate a position, that doesn't mean that everyone who plays in that part of the pitch is operating as a winger.

The point is instead whether Mkhitaryan, who at Shakhtar had a lot of success as a CAM/SS as I recall, has done really well for Dortmund this year out wide. Or "wide." A strict definition doesn't matter very much unless you're looking for a player who fulfills one set of attributes, but not a single soul is calling Mkhitaryan some kind of old-fashioned wing player. He's a midfield player with an eye for attack who has proven himself to do really well when his nominal position is out on the right. Period.

This is a lot of chitchat about a player who probably isn't going to end up leaving BVB anyway.

El Gunner wrote:It's that I'm worried of the success rate of midfielders coming from the rest of Europe to PL and then flopping when they inevitably get pushed outwide. Cuadrado, Schurrle, etc etc
So I would much rather have someone who resembles more of a winger than an attacking midfielder to play in that position for us.

Cuadrado was always a wide player, no? Didn't he used to play fullback/wingback too?

I thought Schürrle also played for Leverkusen on the flank frequently as well, but my memory could be faulty here ...
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:55 am

REWB wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
REWB wrote:

We'll just double whatever bvb offer him, then we'll see his resolve. This isnt Reus, he has no affiliation to bvb and is 27 going into the latter stages of his career. A large some of money would most likely turn his head.

BVB will reportedly offer him close to 10m per year, that's ~ 150k £ per week.
I REALLY don't see you offering double that.

No doubt PL clubs could in theory heavily outbid BVB on wages, but I don't see you doing it for Mkhitaryan.

can i ask, is he's current contract 400k yr?

moreover, if this 10mill bump is true, then does that confirm reus is leaving? apparently reus is on 4mill a year. so.....we both know mhk isnt getting 6mill more than reus.

4m a year may have been Reus' wages before he decided to renew last year and they got rid of the release clause.
He's now reportedly getting between 8-10m € per year, so if reports are true Dortmund will offer Mkhi similar top earner status.

I'm not saying you can't in theory offer more. I doubt though you will offer so much more to tempt him into leaving Dortmund.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:07 pm

Max Eberl: Xhaka and Dahoud going nowhere

Granit Xhaka and Mahmoud Dahoud will not be leaving Borussia Mönchengladbach, according to the club. Xhaka, the club's captain, also had his say on rumors linking him with a move to England's Premier League.

Borussia Mönchengladbach sporting director Max Eberl has said that "there is no need [for clubs] to call" in regards to interest in signing either club captain Granit Xhaka or teenage prodigy Mahmoud Dahoud from the club.

The Foals' midfielder pairing, who have each shone in the Bundesliga this season, have been the subjects of reported interest from clubs within the Bundesliga and across Europe. Speaking to "Sky Germany" Eberl made it clear that both players are expected to stay at Borussia-Park.

"Mahmoud is an exceptional player and we have no need to sell him," Eberl explained. "He will stay with us. And Granit is our captain and that should be the case next season. There's no need to call us."

"I feel comfortable with Gladbach"

Xhaka has his say

Swiss international Xhaka also adressed the rumors himself in an interview with Cologne-based publication "Express".

"I've seen the rumors linking me with a move to Arsenal and all I can say is that it's nonsense," 23-year old Xhaka said. "There have been no negotiations with Arsene Wenger. Nothing has been agreed.

"If someone claims to have seen my father negotitating in London, then they should show me the photo. No one from London has been here to negotiate, either. If someone claims otherwise, give me a call! I can invite you to dinner. You [the media] can write that down for all I care."

Xhaka has been a Foal since 2012, when he joined the club from Basel in Switzerland. He became the club's captain earlier this season after Tony Jantschke was ruled out for the season through injury.

"I'm honored by the rumors, but I want to clarify: my contract with Gladbach goes to 2019," Xhaka added. "I also have the option to extend here for one more year. I feel very comfortable with Gladbach. If there really is an interesting offer, we'll look at it. But, up to now, there is nothing."

Borussia Mönchengladbach face Hertha Berlin in the Bundesliga on Sunday.

https://t.co/VJ9xnIPztd
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:41 pm

Welcome Lassana Diarra
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:40 am

nice article about Diarra for anyone looking for a read: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/lassana-diarra-the-heartbreaking-story-of-the-france-international-defying-isis-a6736341.html#gallery
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:56 pm

Flamini might move to MLS this summer

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/04/04/transfer-watch-arsenals-mathieu-flamini-linked-mls
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:36 am

shame

could use him for another 2-3 years

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:31 pm

Jeremy Wilson:Arsenal target Granit Xhaka and plan to promote Gedion Zelalem

full article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/05/arsenal-target-granit-xhaka-and-plan-to-promote-gedion-zelalem/
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:24 pm

Zelalem needs to stay at Rangers longer. They're getting promoted and will be playing better teams. He still needs to build up strength more as well. He's not ready. And if he does come over, he'll be Joel Campbell'd. Prefer he actually have a better chance to play.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:36 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:Zelalem needs to stay at Rangers longer. They're getting promoted and will be playing better teams. He still needs to build up strength more as well. He's not ready. And if he does come over, he'll be Joel Campbell'd. Prefer he actually have a better chance to play.

It's difficult to tell when a player will be 'ready'. I doubt many would have pegged Iwobi as a nailed on first teamer by April if you'd have asked them at the beginning of the season. And Zelalem is 19 now, a good preseason and keeping him around wouldn't be a bad idea.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:35 pm

https://twitter.com/MessiMinutes/status/717426113576898560

According to @SimoneGambino, Arsenal are closely monitoring highly rated AC Milan youngster Manuel Locatelli.
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:55 pm

we'd ruin him anyways. better off at milan
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:49 pm

Arsene Wenger admits he had targeted West Ham talisman Dimitri Payet for a 'long, long time'
Wenger Laughing  Laughing

WengerKnowsBest ‏
Dimitri Payet is a top top player. Could I have signed him in the past? Yes. Can I sign everybody? No.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3527815/Arsenal-manager-Arsene-Wenger-admits-targeted-West-Ham-talisman-Dimitri-Payet-times.html#ixzz459GbQuAI
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:13 am

IMO we shouldn't worry too much about "missing out" on Payet, even though he is having an excellent season and he's a good player.

We had Fabregas, Cazorla, and Özil during this stretch of time ... plus Rosicky (sometimes) ... etc. Basically what I'm saying is that I think Wenger's made a perfectly valid point. If we're going to criticize him for signings he didn't make, I'd focus on other positions & player roles. Sometimes I look back and think that in the Emirates era, the biggest missed opportunity for a key signing might have been Xabi Alonso from Liverpool. Had that happened ...

hmm
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:32 am

I think most top clubs would have multiple targets for every position they want.

So when you guys signed Ozil, your target list was probably something like:

1.Ozil
2.Fabregas
3.Goetze
4.Kroos
5.Payet
6.Lallana

So you'd have only signed Payet if you couldn't get the ones above him, but he was still counted as a target.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:11 pm

Arsene Wenger hints Carl Jenkinson could be kept at Arsenal next season to compete with Hector Bellerin once he recovers from injury, “he has gained a lot of confidence… I see his future as being a contender for this position at our club…”

http://www.arsenal.com/match/report/1516/pre/first-team/west-ham-v-arsenal-the-inside-track#UjUFLzothUbmOz9t.99
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:49 am

Arsenal step up Granit Xhaka chase as they begin talks with Borussia Monchengladbach over midfielder
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-step-up-granit-xhaka-7729857
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:13 pm

Arsenal interested in PSG's Marquinhos:

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/l-equipe-arsenal-interested-in-signing-ligue-1-brazilian-star

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:20 pm

Both should be no 1 priority
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:52 pm

If Xhaka is indeed signed, I hope we see Boss a.k.a. Goalol find his way back here. Miss the guy.

Yes, I signed in only to state that. Hope you lads are holding up alright, otherwise.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:26 pm

-------------------Morata--------------------

Welbeck-----------Ozil------------Sanchez

-----------Elneny-------Xhaka---------------

Nacho-----Kos-----Marquinhos----Bellerin

_____________Cech________________

hmm
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next