MJ
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
El Gunner
Sri
37 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 26 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Tue May 17, 2016 10:52 am

Blid reporting this morning that we're haggling over €2mil.

See? Plenty of time for this to go awry.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 26 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sri Tue May 17, 2016 12:30 pm

Each day that a signing is not confirmed is yet another opportunity for the clubs, player, agents, and media to come up with something innovative.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue May 17, 2016 4:22 pm

BMG director Max Eberl confirms there's been a bid for Xhaka from an undisclosed club.

inb4 it's Man City.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue May 17, 2016 4:34 pm

Probably buyern

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue May 17, 2016 5:47 pm

What are the chances we were never interested in him and as always the papers made everything up?!? Wink
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue May 17, 2016 11:17 pm

Arsenal preparing £10 million bid for Hoops teenage sensation Kieran Tierney

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-fc-arsenal-preparing-10-7984474#1vVx59hVsFkFBMTr.99

Spoiler:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed May 18, 2016 11:55 am

Arsenal forward Theo Walcott ready to discuss future with manager Arsene Wenger
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/17/arsenal-forward-theo-walcott-ready-to-discuss-future-with-manage/

Changing my view now!
hope he stays
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed May 18, 2016 12:06 pm

'LUKAKU WILL LEAVE BEFORE EUROS'

Now, to that story about Romelu Lukaku, whose father, Roger, seems to be pushing for a move away from Everton.

The striker's future has been been the subject of speculation in the second half of the season and, according to Roger, he will be leaving Goodison Park.

Talking to Belgian publication, Humo, he said: "Everton are asking around £65m for Rom. I think a transfer will be done before the Euros.

"Romelu will decide his future, but agents have the last word most of the time. I hope and I think Mino Raiola is an honest man.

"Now, with Romelu it will be quickly arranged. Whether the transfer has been sorted? Almost. I think it will be in place before the European Championship.

"He won't go to Italy, because they keep it closed at the back, too difficult for an attacker.

"What is certain, to continue to make progress, he needs to change clubs, but we are mainly engaged in making the right choice."
===========
too expensive!
not sure who is paying that sum for him
not a Good fit at PSG imo

prefer Morata
but expect no one!
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed May 18, 2016 12:49 pm

-Granit Xhaka has confirmed to @SRF that talks with @Arsenal first started in London before New Years.
-Granit Xhaka: "The Premier League is not just my goal, it's a childhood dream that might be fulfilled."
Granit Xhaka to @SRF: "A decision on my future will be made before the Euros start [in 23 days]."
https://t.co/nDGVLo3Axm @MessiMinutes
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed May 18, 2016 2:35 pm

Sina wrote:Arsenal forward Theo Walcott ready to discuss future with manager Arsene Wenger
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/17/arsenal-forward-theo-walcott-ready-to-discuss-future-with-manage/

Changing my view now!
hope he stays

Theo is a good kid, its better for him to leave Arsenal under better manager we could see his true potentials.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed May 18, 2016 2:48 pm

Sina wrote:-Granit Xhaka has confirmed to @SRF that talks with @Arsenal first started in London before New Years.
-Granit Xhaka: "The Premier League is not just my goal, it's a childhood dream that might be fulfilled."
Granit Xhaka to @SRF: "A decision on my future will be made before the Euros start [in 23 days]."
https://t.co/nDGVLo3Axm @MessiMinutes

He meets up with Switzerland this week btw.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed May 18, 2016 4:38 pm

We're about to bid £51mil for Morata apparently Laughing

Not the out-and-out goalscorer we need. Spanish Welbeck.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed May 18, 2016 5:06 pm

Jay29 wrote:We're about to bid £51mil for Morata apparently Laughing

not really, morata potential is elite level. moreover, he's a more consistent goal scorer than welbeck and better overall footballer.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed May 18, 2016 5:30 pm

Stats suggest there's very little difference in the consistency of their scoring:

Morata - 26 goals in 92 games = 1 goal every 3.5 games
Welbeck - 13 goals in 49 games = I goal every 3.7 games

Both are known for being better footballers than goalscorers, and both play up front for big teams and have poor goal returns. Both are known to have big potential but haven't lived up to that billing.

And I'm not saying either are bad players, but in terms of what Arsenal need, neither are solutions. Here's Giroud's last two seasons:

Giroud - 45 goals in 90 games = 1 goal ever 2 games

For the prices floating around for striker, you'd at least expect someone who can match if not better that.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed May 18, 2016 5:46 pm

Morata rofl
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed May 18, 2016 6:08 pm

Jay29 wrote:We're about to bid £51mil for Morata apparently Laughing

Had to login just to :facepalm: at this.Wow

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 26 2595062_heroa

Even Morata's hurt reading this.Welbeck ? ffs

Please stop judging him by stats.He has started in less than half of those games.And when he isnt scoring,he's atleast assisting.He's our 2nd highest assister in our team behind Pogba.

Morata has been unfairly judged by both Juventus fans and fans of other teams particularly Arsenal fans on their Mania forum who behave entitled for some reason and feel they deserve the best.

At the start of the season,he was used out of position as a LW,then injury followed,then Mandzukic developed an understanding with Dybala and he has found it difficult to grab a starting role since then.
There was a little period where he went without scoring but still did well to make a contribution in those games by delivering assists.
In the Champions League,Morata has always delivered for Juventus.Top 3 player in the knockout rounds where we made the final scoring all the important clutch goals.
Scored a blinder against City this year.He was key in getting us so close to Bayern.Destroyed Bayern's CB's which included a disallowed goal.
'Morata remains with us'.That was the plea of Juventus fans in the stadium during the scudetto presentation last week.

You dont know what you're getting.Morata may not be the most clinical player in front of goal but he's only 23 and he's waiting to explode.His game would most definitely suit the more open style of the PL.

He's better than all other frauds like Lukaku,Icardi and the rest.50M EU in this stupid market is a reasonable price for a top talent like him.And dont dare to compare him to scrubs like Welbeck who could only dream of being a champion clutch player like Morata :coffee:

Celebrate if you sign him

Bye
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed May 18, 2016 6:15 pm

Actually it's unfair to compare Welbeck's stats to Morata's considering that Welbeck has a much better ratio when played as a centre forward.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed May 18, 2016 6:33 pm

Playing out of position? Just like Welbeck.
Contributing but not scoring? Just like Welbeck.
Big potential, just waiting to explode in the right circumstances? Just like Welbeck.
Guess how old Welbeck was when he signed for us? 23.
Goals per game ratio? Look above, very similar.
Goals per minute? Again, very similar.

Still not seeing what's so bad about my comparison. hmm

Look, S, I appreciate you taking the time to respond but me comparing Morata to Welbeck wasn't to knock his ability as a player, but to highlight the similarities between them. They're incredibly similar players, like it or not.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 18, 2016 6:40 pm

Would take him over Giroud
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed May 18, 2016 6:42 pm

Wouldn't mind Morata
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed May 18, 2016 6:52 pm

Would rather we sign Bacca/Icardi if we're signing someone from Serie A.

We need good finishers in our team not another passing merchant.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed May 18, 2016 6:54 pm

Morata is better than Welbeck. C'mon. He'd be a great signing.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed May 18, 2016 7:26 pm

Jay29 wrote:Playing out of position? Just like Welbeck.
Contributing but not scoring? Just like Welbeck.
Big potential, just waiting to explode in the right circumstances? Just like Welbeck.
Guess how old Welbeck was when he signed for us? 23.
Goals per game ratio? Look above, very similar.
Goals per minute? Again, very similar.

Still not seeing what's so bad about my comparison. hmm

Look, S, I appreciate you taking the time to respond but me comparing Morata to Welbeck wasn't to knock his ability as a player, but to highlight the similarities between them. They're incredibly similar players, like it or not.

Agreed.

Was just looking to make a dramatic comeback opening post :coffee:

Morata would be great for Arsenal but i hope we keep him.Still hold hope.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 18, 2016 7:30 pm

Give us Dybala pls

Take Giroud
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu May 19, 2016 2:35 am

Morata + Dybala in for Walcott + Giroud ... 10/10 would transfer. You guys think Juve might be interested in a two-for-two swap? hmm Haha.

Imagine announcing the transfers of Morata and Xhaka before the Euros though.

But really I don't buy this rumor yet. It originates with Corriere dello Sport--not necessarily the most reliable source, I believe.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Thu May 19, 2016 6:22 am

Xhaka, Lukaku, Hummels/Benatia/Martinez and Shaqiri - IN
Walcott, Debuchy, Santi/Wilshere - OUT

Hold on to Gibbs. Make Chambers backup RB.

Job done. Net spend of around 60m.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next