MJ
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
El Gunner
Sri
37 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:51 pm

Would gladly ship of Theo. 28 years old and still doesn't know what his best position is Laughing still talks about his potential while 18 year olds are taking his place

Iwobi is the link between midfield and attack.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by El Gunner Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:21 pm

Iwobi is the somewhat present and near future :coffee:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:10 pm

Walcott is now playing for Arsenal since a decade, has only ONCE scored more than 10 goals a season. Normally he averages something like 4 or 5 goals. It's a bad joke really.
But, hey, he's your SOLUTION for CF suddenly!

Ridiculous. He's stealing a living, cause he's like a nice masqot.
Not good enough. So long, bye bye.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:16 pm

Looking back, we should have developed Walcott as a centre forward from the start, instead of making him play on the wing in hopes his game would develop more. His link-up play probably would have improved so much more.

For what it's worth, I still think he's a good finisher and has good movement. It's not like he can't be a dangerous player for someone. But we're in need of wide players with good technique, vision and intelligence and he just doesn't have that.

A 19 year old has come out of nowhere and booted him out the team. If that's not a sign that his time at the club is coming to an end I don't know what is.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:20 am

Nah Jay he woudnt get any play time as CF with strikers we had prior to Giroud. He has his quality but at his age, it's too little tbh.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:52 am

When I look back at Abou Diaby, and how long he stayed at Arsenal, getting new contracts, I don't feel bad about that - I feel like Arsenal did an unusual and noble thing in persisting so long with him.

With Theo, though, I think, "Would Man City have hung on to him this long at these wages? Chelsea? Liverpool?" I'm open to the idea that maybe his long-term development was mismanaged, as Jay suggested, but although I like Theo, and although he has definite good attributes, it really is disappointing that he hasn't ever found real consistency. RG, you overestimated his age - he's not 28, he just turned 27 like two weeks ago. I get your point but let's keep in mind that RvP (who I think we all can agree is better / has a higher ceiling than Theo) didn't actually hit his peak until he was like 28. Then he had about three incredible seasons where he was one of the best attacking players on the planet. But beforehand he was a "promising" player plagued by injuries, and afterwards he's doing whatever he's doing in Turkey.*

Something similar, if more muted, could happen for Theo. He could be a genuine star for another notable club. You never know, he might even end up having 1, 2, or 3 terrific seasons in a row finally at the end of his 20s.

If Theo is sold to a PL club, by the way, you just know he'll score against us plenty in seasons to come. Way it is.

But I'll be honest, if I were trying to overhaul the squad, which is what Wenger (or whoever) should be doing this summer, Theo would be high on my list of players to try to offload for cash. Nothing personal in the slightest.

* I haven't paid any attention to his overall performances at Fenerbahce though it does look like his goal return, almost 1 in 2 matches, remains very respectable.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:58 am

With the wages Theo is on, we're more or less stuck with him unless we want to sell him to the types of clubs with whom he could come back to haunt us like Liverpool.

That's still not enough reason to warrant keeping him but it's a powerful argument nonetheless. His wages and squad space could be so much better used by an intelligent RM. Look how easily Iwobi kept him out of the team in his debut season. Maybe Ox could do with a loan or maybe not if Theo is sold but the point remains that, for all their potential, Theo, Ox, Ramsey, Joel, none of them could lock that position down. Should think about investing in someone who can.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:26 am

I don't think his wages would be as big an issue now with the new TV money. West Ham are paying Payet around £100k p/w iirc. I'm sure the majority of the clubs could afford the same. It's just an issue of Walcott being willing to take a step down which I don't think he would.

But saying that I'm not against selling him to Liverpool, City, Chelsea, etc. either.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:17 am

Yeah I wouldn't mind either.
He's not gonna make it big anyway at one of those clubs. Probably just one wonder season or something at best.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:43 pm

Not sure how Wenger going feel about this? Laughing

Ozil 'We know that it will not be easy and that we need reinforcements if we want next season to be on top here again,' Ozil told German paper Welt am Sonntag

'It is again interesting to see who invests in who and how much the clubs do during the summer break.'
'Great coaches are coming into the league,' he added. 'I am thinking primarily of Pep Guardiola. Wherever he has been, he had success. He is a coach, keen on playing and his teams are feared.

'I wonder what he will do with Man City. He will be imprinting his football in England and people will be surprised.'
Thumbs up

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:58 pm

Bild say, according to their own information, Xhaka is off to Arsenal for £35m

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/borussia-moenchengladbach/so-shoppt-england-in-gladbach-45109816.bild.html
http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/star-moving-to-arsenal-for-35m-in-summer-transfer-window
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:44 pm

You'd have thought this would warrant its own story and not just a single line if there was something in it.

Last edited by Jay29 on Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:54 pm

Jeremy Wilson Confirmation Needed Wink
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:31 pm

It's definitely a lot of money for Xhaka, if true.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:50 pm

Is it time to YouTube Xhaka? hmm
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:01 pm

nah past that stage
now time to watch Gladbach Full matches imo :coffee:

Xhaka could develop into Positional midfielder with great passing range
considering that amount Schneiderlin went for or that sevilla DM would cost
this rumored fee looks normal
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:03 pm

If this is actually happening then Arsenal are doing the right thing paying up now before the Euros, instead of waiting until after the Euros and seeing the price get bumped up if he has a good tournament.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:09 pm

Imo, Wenger trying to cover for Arsenal not winning the league by signing a player early on and calm the fans down.

Xhaka price wont go any higher than suggested, we just have to hope there are more players coming in not just false hope with an early signing.

Wenger  : “I travel a lot, so I’ve been to Africa, and in areas where you could not even imagine that people would speak about football, and I saw a little boy in an Arsenal shirt,”

“I attended a conference at a university in Beijing, which was full of people all in Arsenal shirts. The impact and force that football has today is absolutely incredible and sometimes it is scary.

“We live in a little bubble here where we think about the next game, but our next game is a worry for fans in China, Africa and everywhere too. Sometimes we are not conscious of that and maybe it’s better that way.

“It’s true that sometimes in our little bubble we are protected and we just focus on the next game. It can become overwhelming when you realize how many people are sad all over the world when you don’t win a game.”

www.Arsenal.com
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:25 pm

Arsenal interested in Mikhitaryan for some reason, says Guaridan:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/30/arsenal-dortmund-henrikh-mkhitaryan-midfield?CMP=share_btn_tw

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:43 pm

Good. Sign him up too

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:04 pm

Jay29 wrote:Arsenal interested in Mikhitaryan for some reason, says Guaridan:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/30/arsenal-dortmund-henrikh-mkhitaryan-midfield?CMP=share_btn_tw

We already have a similar and better player in Ozil . We also have better winger than him so I don't see the point of trying to get him. Won't happen imo.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:06 pm

Play him on the right. Done.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:02 pm

lol God no pls.
Sign Griezmann
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:36 pm

El Gunner wrote:lol God no pls.
Sign Griezmann

Arsenal is not an upgrade to Athletico Madrid right now and Griezmann might be worth too much for the club liking.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:21 pm

LeBéninois wrote:
Jay29 wrote:Arsenal interested in Mikhitaryan for some reason, says Guaridan:

We already have a similar and better player in Ozil . We also have better winger than him so I don't see the point of trying to get him. Won't happen imo.

which winger is better than him bar sanchez? come on benin i expect better from you, our wing options are average at best. Even if we don't look at his stats, he is better technically and tactically then any winger bar sanchez by a BIG margin.

LeBéninois wrote:
El Gunner wrote:lol God no pls.
Sign Griezmann

Arsenal is not an upgrade to Athletico Madrid right now and Griezmann might be worth too much for the club liking.

True arsenal is not an upgrade to Atletico*, however we have more money and can offer him higher wages. Dont think we will sign him as he will probably have better choices than arsenal. However, we definitely have the money to buy him if we really wanted to, 70-80mill is nothing for a club like arsenal, especially with the new financial rewards next year.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:12 am

Happy about Xhaka if true. That sorts our central options out for next season when we let go of Flamini and Arteta.

There are plenty of solid options for RW out there imo.. all significantly better than Theo and the Ox. Griezman would be unnecessarily costly..

Shaqiri.. Mahrez.. Mikhitaryan.. Yarmolenko..
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next