Barca wages - or how much does Messi earn?

+24
footyfan01
StrugaRock
Lucifer
BarrileteCosmico
Pedram
Myesyats
Doc
futbol
windkick
Donuts
Art Morte
rincon
Curtinho
Cruijf
free_cat
Freeza
Valkyrja
B-Mac
S
zigra
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Adit
Mr Nick09
Hapless_Hans
28 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Barca wages - or how much does Messi earn? - Page 3 Empty Re: Barca wages - or how much does Messi earn?

Post by Art Morte Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:36 pm

According to Forbes's Top Earning Athletes list of 2015, Messi's salary was $51m (gross) plus endorsements somewhere above $20m. http://www.forbes.com/athletes/list/#tab:overall

I don't remember how they do image rights in Spain? Income from those is probably included in that $51m figure. But I suppose it's impossible to trust any source completely, the earnings of these top atheletes can be pretty complicated how they're formed.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Barca wages - or how much does Messi earn? - Page 3 Empty Barca wages - or how much does Messi earn?

Post by rincon Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:38 pm

The pdf that free_cat posted actually has the wage bill at 247 million euros, which checks out with messi's 50 mill salary and the numbers from sport.es and forbes
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Barca wages - or how much does Messi earn? - Page 3 Empty Re: Barca wages - or how much does Messi earn?

Post by Donuts Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:17 pm

Curtinho wrote:I think Messi earning less than Ronaldo and Ibra is believable, yes.

this, if anything it wouldn't shock me if Ronaldo demanded to be paid more than messi. real madrid after all have this whole ronaldo is the best campaign going on with the upper staff lol where even if they don't believe it they have to make him believe it

and PSG has infinite money of course they can overpay for ibra.

speaking of wages Alex Song is apparently earning 140k a week (which is why we cannot find a club willing to buy him because of ridiculous wages) Laughing
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:21 pm

S wrote:Messi to earn €40m from next season

Lionel Messi will earn €40 million per year from next season, which means his wages will be almost doubled after talks with Barcelona.

Source: Mundo Deportivo

Makes sense why they'd struggle to keep Neymar :coffee:

Cant wait to celebrate this potentially momentous occasion with Harmonica when Neymar leaves cheers

More of a chance we somehow end up signing Pogba than selling Neymar.

Keep waiting to celebrate.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:27 pm

Also have to remember sooner or later some of the guys earning a ton in wages will be off the books (and we will likely get something in transfer fees for them); aging players like Alves, Mascherano, and even Iniesta. Also have guys making decent money that could leave sooner rather than later like Adriano, Mathieu and even possibly Vermalean. So easily in the next few seasons we will free up ALLOT in wages. We are going to be fine
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:29 pm

Donuts wrote:
Curtinho wrote:I think Messi earning less than Ronaldo and Ibra is believable, yes.

this, if anything it wouldn't shock me if Ronaldo demanded to be paid more than messi. real madrid after all have this whole ronaldo is the best campaign going on with the upper staff lol where even if they don't believe it they have to make him believe it

it doesn't matter what would or wouldn't shock you or what you can imagine.

Messi is the best paid footballer.

You can either accept that, since it' reported everywhere, as is the fact Barca give him a raise practically every other year to keep him the best paid player.

Or you can, like free_cat, just make up some lower number just because you feel Barca is playing your players much much less, even if it makes no sense at all.

It's pretty embarrassing tbh.

rincon wrote:The pdf that free_cat posted actually has the wage bill at 247 million euros, which checks out with messi's 50 mill salary and the numbers from sport.es and forbes

Exactly.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:37 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:You can either accept that, since it' reported everywhere, as is the fact Barca give him a raise practically every other year to keep him the best paid player.

Yep.An underrated point.

Absolute rubbish assumption that Barca have a relatively 'low' wage bill.They have been amongst the teams with the largest wage bills for yrs.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:49 pm

Messi is earning somewhere around € 20M net, that is common knowledge. Of course not gross.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:52 pm

I've seen threads that really had no business reaching 4 pages, and this is no different. Really was not sure what the Feline was doing nor did I fully get Donuts point either. The former even wrote "roasted". Sigh. Old man Bill starting to sound quite right honestly.

Anyway, Barcelona can afford to double Messi's wages (which I doubt they'll would) though I must ask why...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:05 pm

What's up, Doc?

Did you quit smoking too, or why you so grumpy?
Almost as grumpy as I am Laughing

Anyway, this was not a thread but posts in the transfer rumour thread that got spliced out.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:10 pm

Either way, four pages on this is ridiculous Laughing
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:22 pm

We wouldn't have talked about it for four pages if free_cat hadn't stubbornly insisted that it was IMPOSSIBLE that Messi gets 20+m net wages and insisted it's before taxes.

So don't blame anyone else but him.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:27 pm

Valkyrja wrote:40 million a year after tax is ridiculous. An individual who kicks a freaking ball no way should earn that much

He's entertaining so many people week in week out hes gotta be earning a lot. People turning on there TVs every weekend to see him kick that ball guarantee him that.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:28 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:We wouldn't have talked about it for four pages if free_cat hadn't stubbornly insisted that it was IMPOSSIBLE that Messi gets 20+m net wages and insisted it's before taxes.

So don't blame anyone else but him.

Never said I was lol, I agree
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:08 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:What's up, Doc?

Anyway, this was not a thread but posts in the transfer rumour thread that got spliced out.

You find so? I find I'm pretty normal. Just annoyed that I made myself read 4 pages of the Feline burying his head in the sand. Before he decided to apply cement on it.

It really didn't make any sense at all.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:56 pm

Doc wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:What's up, Doc?

You find so? I find I'm pretty normal. Just annoyed that I made myself read 4 pages of the Feline burying his head in the sand. Before he decided to apply cement on it.

It really didn't make any sense at all.

Dunno i found this 4 pages pretty interesting, reading delusional statements from our resident cule fans.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:22 am

It is impossible for Messi to earn 40m.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:43 am

Why?
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:38 am

Cruijf wrote:Free, Forbes puts Messi's gross salary at $51.8m, which comes out to 47.68 million euros.

http://www.forbes.com/profile/lionel-messi/

So I think S and Hans win this one.

I see, but I don't think that's possible as pointed out.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:42 am

rincon wrote:Sport.es gives a breakdown of barca's and madrid's net salaries (in spanish but easy enough to understand)

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/cuanto-cobran-los-jugadores-barcelona-real-madrid-4605836

messi at 21 net hmm

In reality, nowhere it says the word net in that list.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:48 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Donuts wrote:

it doesn't matter what would or wouldn't shock you or what you can imagine.

Messi is the best paid footballer.

You can either accept that, since it' reported everywhere, as is the fact Barca give him a raise practically every other year to keep him the best paid player.

Or you can, like free_cat, just make up some lower number just because you feel Barca is playing your players much much less, even if it makes no sense at all.

It's pretty embarrassing tbh.

rincon wrote:The pdf that free_cat posted actually has the wage bill at 247 million euros, which checks out with messi's 50 mill salary and the numbers from sport.es and forbes

Exactly.

Make up numbers that appear in Barça's accounts?

247 milion is counting bonuses and other expenses (player's command important expenses in species: houses, plane tickets, cars, etc.). I don't know if this other expenses include image payments too.

Hans said that bonuses are not bonuses, which is ridiculous... if you look at 2013/2014 salaries, they were 70 milion less, which kinda matches the 80 milion in bonuses... so it tells that most of those 80 milion (being generous, at least half of them) is for winning titles. A fix expense of 178 milion doesn't allow for Messi earning 56 milion, Neymar and Suarez 30+, and have 22 more footballers and 20 coaches more.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:02 am

free_cat wrote:
rincon wrote:Sport.es gives a breakdown of barca's and madrid's net salaries (in spanish but easy enough to understand)

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/cuanto-cobran-los-jugadores-barcelona-real-madrid-4605836

messi at 21 net hmm

Read the source linked right there on that list, it says net. Not that its definitive, but just use some common sense.

Mundodeportivo running the same story
http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20151021/202329465295/todos-los-salarios-de-barca-y-madrid-segun-sportyou.html

"La masa salarial total asciende a 248,91 millones de euros brutos, lo que significan 114,5 millones netos. Siempre según esta información, Messi es el líder con diferencia con 21,2 ‘kilos’ limpios por delante de Neymar y Luis Suárez, ambos con 10."

Last edited by rincon on Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:06 am

rincon wrote:
free_cat wrote:

messi at 21 net hmm

Read the source linked right there on that list, it says net. Not that its definitive, but just use some common sense.

Clicking the link to sportyou? it goes to a slideshow where nowhere it says the salaries are net.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:10 am

Read the edit I just did, anyway Imsure you know how to do some research.

Think of what you are arguing if it was gross. Are you saying that Neymar and Suarez make less than some Serie A players? that Iniesta makes less than several Juve players and that De Rossi makes more than anyone at Barca except Messi?
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:12 am

free_cat

FFS

When are you going to come to your senses?

Are you really trying to argue Alves, Busquets, Pique get 5-6m BEFORE taxes?
Are you trying to argue Kroos gets 25% less at Real than if he had taken Bayerns first offer?

Again, wtf is wrong with you. Just take a breather and stop digging.

'Work as a tax advisor' ffs :facepalm:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:13 am

rincon wrote:Read the edit I just did, anyway Imsure you know how to do some research.

Think of what you are arguing if it was gross. Are you saying that Neymar and Suarez make less than some Serie A players? that Iniesta makes less than several Juve players and that De Rossi makes more than anyone at Barca except Messi?

Lol, no, I'm not arguing that. I'm also arguing that the reported amounts Cristiano, Ibra, etc. make are mostly gross.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next