Barca wages - or how much does Messi earn?

+24
footyfan01
StrugaRock
Lucifer
BarrileteCosmico
Pedram
Myesyats
Doc
futbol
windkick
Donuts
Art Morte
rincon
Curtinho
Cruijf
free_cat
Freeza
Valkyrja
B-Mac
S
zigra
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Adit
Mr Nick09
Hapless_Hans
28 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Barca wages - or how much does Messi earn? Empty Re: Barca wages - or how much does Messi earn?

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:05 am

Barca is offering to kind of double his salary already.
If the reports are not completely off, he's earning something like 8m net/15m € per year now, and will get something 15m-20m NET per year if he extends.

He's already earning more than ANY player at Bayern. He will be the 3rd highest paid player in the world at the end of 2016 when he signs a new contract.

He doesn't have to leave for that. And he's only what, 22 or 23?
His wages are already crazily high, if you think he's the kind of player you have to give a raise every other year.
He'll have 4-5 more raises in his career lol.

Of course, if Bale was worth 100m, De Bruyne 80m, English clubs might as well pay 190 for Neymar.
Within that crazy framework, he' worth it as he'll likely be the best player AND biggest star in the coming years.

But it's not like Barca isn't paying a lot of wages already lol.

Messi earns what, 50m a year? We can pay 4 Robbens and Müllers with that.
We can pay 2 Costas or Thiagos with what Neymar is ALREADY earning.

If Neymar leaves Barca for money within the next years he's much more stupid than I thought.

As if playing 'second fiddle' to Messi, whatever that means, is a bad thing Laughing

Only moronic fanboys whose way of looking at football is a perpetual Ballon 'Or campaign think this way.

Everyone else, including Neymar himself, would consider it pretty *bleep* uniquely fantastic to be playing together with Messi and Suarez, especially since they seem to be friendly on a personal level too.

Rooney won't serve him up as many goals as Messi, and Bale won't either Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Barca wages - or how much does Messi earn? Empty Re: Barca wages - or how much does Messi earn?

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:09 am

those numbers seems off to me as i recall he was already in the range of 13 mil NET
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:12 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:those numbers seems off to me as i recall he was already in the range of 13 mil NET

Salary numbers are notoriously unreliable.

I presented what seemed to me a reasonably average sum out of what I've read over the years, but purely speculative.

Since Neymar is still on his first contract at Barca, no?, I think I always read he's at 7-8m net. That would be around 15m, when Bayerns top earners are between 12-14m.

I've read the new contract doubles or triples his salary.
We can't know, so I'll go with the figures that seemed more believable to me, which would be doubling it to 15+m net.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:21 am

People said the same for Figo Lmao.

He is using us to get much better wages than currently proposed.

We knows this and just plays along so that

1.If some how they cant reach an agreement we can sign

2.Could drive up Barca's already too huge wage budget (almost 70%, if they exceeds 70 they will get banned from European football.)
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:23 am

Adit wrote:People said the same for Figo Lmao.

He is using us to get much better wages than currently proposed.

We knows this and just plays along so that

1.If some how they cant reach an agreement we can sign

2.Could drive up Barca's already too huge wage budget (almost 70%, if they exceeds 70 they will get banned from European football.)

What? Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:24 am

yeah, FFP rule.

That is actually the main problem Barca is facing, its not that they dont have the money.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:27 am

Laughing

This crackpot Barca don't have money theory that happens every season on here, yet some how they spend 100s of millions every year on new players.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:35 am

They have money and they have enough money to renew Neymars contract and pay him twice as much as he earns now but if the numbers are correct they're getting close to the limits afterwards. It's no problem right now but it could be a problem in the near future if they want to add more superstars though of course they could always try to offload some of their players. Isn't Song still a Barcelona player? hmm Laughing
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:41 am

Messi to earn €40m from next season

Lionel Messi will earn €40 million per year from next season, which means his wages will be almost doubled after talks with Barcelona.

Source: Mundo Deportivo

Makes sense why they'd struggle to keep Neymar :coffee:

Cant wait to celebrate this potentially momentous occasion with Harmonica when Neymar leaves cheers
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:45 pm

S wrote:Messi to earn €40m from next season

Lionel Messi will earn €40 million per year from next season, which means his wages will be almost doubled after talks with Barcelona.

Source: Mundo Deportivo

Makes sense why they'd struggle to keep Neymar :coffee:

Cant wait to celebrate this potentially momentous occasion with Harmonica when Neymar leaves cheers

can't wait til Dishmar arrives at Old Trafford Proud Woodward knew all along :bow:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:05 pm

40 million a year after tax is ridiculous. An individual who kicks a freaking ball no way should earn that much
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:21 pm

Valkyrja wrote:40 million a year after tax is ridiculous. An individual who kicks a freaking ball no way should earn that much

Pretty sure he makes more money for his club than that amount each year. Which really does make him worth that money and actually gives him a good basis to earn the money.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:11 am

Valkyrja wrote:40 million a year after tax is ridiculous. An individual who kicks a freaking ball no way should earn that much

It wouldn't be after tax, off course.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:12 am

Doesnt he already earn 20m after tax ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:30 am

S wrote:Doesnt he already earn 20m after tax ?

I think Messi earns 20+ before tax.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:33 am

free_cat wrote:
S wrote:Doesnt he already earn 20m after tax ?

I think Messi earns 20+ before tax.

You're certainly wrong. Probably 25m net.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:04 am

Yeah,its definitely net salary.

Reading rumors that Messi earn will €40m net in the next two years of his contract.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:14 am

No it isn't. :facepalm:
You'd be surprised at how "low" Barça wage bill is. If Messi earned 25 net, that's 50 before taxes, and would be 1/5th of Barça wage bill. Impossible.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:17 am

free_cat wrote:No it isn't. :facepalm:
You'd be surprised at how "low" Barça wage bill is. If Messi earned 25 net, that's 50 before taxes, and would be 1/5th of Barça wage bill. Impossible.

I think I'm inclined to believe futbol_bill's characterization of Catalan politicians a bit more now.

Very ignorant about before or after tax Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:19 am

Laughing

Absolutely no way Messi earns what,€10m after tax ? Laughing pls.

Ibra earns €16m net annually,Cristiano earns €18m net salary but Messi,the best player in the world earns €10m net according to free_cat,seems legit.

http://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/spanish-newspaper-publishes-wages-of-all-barcelona-and-real-madrid-players/45509

Pretty legit stuff in this article.Sounds much more believable than what you're saying.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:20 am

And lol at Barca's wage bill being 'low' btw

Barca's wage bill is amongst the highest in football if not the highest.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:21 am

LMAO free_cat believes Messi is earning half of what he's actually earning.

Not exactly an expert about his own club.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:21 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:

I think I'm inclined to believe futbol_bill's characterization of Catalan politicians a bit more now.

?

Actually, 25 milion before tax would be 56,8 milion euro, as top income tax in Catalonia is 56%.

All sporting salaries for Barça's first team are 300 milion (gross off course), so a 25 milion net of taxes for Messi would be more than 1/6, obviously impossible with Neymar, Suarez and Iniesta in the same team.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:22 am

free_cat wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

?

Actually, 25 milion before tax would be 56,8 milion euro, as top income tax in Catalonia is 56%.

All sporting salaries for Barça's first team are 300 milion (gross off course), so a 25 milion net of taxes for Messi would be more than 1/6, obviously impossible with Neymar, Suarez and Iniesta in the same team.

Obviously not impossible, as it's the reality.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:23 am

If you want you can check the data here, but it's pretty ridiculous you are trying to teach me about my club:

http://media3.fcbarcelona.com/media/asset_publics/resources/000/199/374/original/MEMORIA_CLUB_14_15_CASTELLANO.v1448467303.pdf?_ga=1.80334544.676350962.1453114922

Ps. and about taxes, as I work as a tax advisor.

Another clue as why Messi is not earning 56 milion gross: From his tax evasion case, his salary was leaked, and in 2008/09 and 2009/2010, when he already was the world's best player, he was earning around 10 milion gross.

Last edited by free_cat on Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next