Firenze
LeVersacci
23 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by M99 Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:51 pm

SO what did you guys get in Steam Sale?

I got KOTOR 2, This War Of Mine and Stanley Parable.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:12 pm

Firewatch, Life is Strange, Surgeon Simulator and Kingdoms of Amalur
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:42 pm

ES wrote:Firewatch, Life is Strange, Surgeon Simulator and Kingdoms of Amalur

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHU2IKgWgAAMQGp.jpg
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:33 am

Hey guys I've got a question. Having a TB Sunday so far and I've been memorizing some kick ass games from pre smartphone times. I remember I have once played this game called like Mission impossible something. Can't find it now though. You know, it was like a game you would play on the old Nokias or bricks like that. Anybody know and remember it and can help me?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:28 pm

Gotta be a bit more specific than that. What you're asking is akin to "Hey guys I watched this movie in the 80's, can you tell me what it was?"
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:32 pm

Not sure if I can be more specific as I don't really remember it very much. It was like Contra but in a building and you had to like manage to get through like traps, lasers and stuff. And i think your character was like a ninja or sth like that. I was almost sure its called Mission impossible but I couldn't find it by that name so I doubt that now.

Now i can't rest until I find it :p
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:46 pm

Oh when you were talking about old Nokia's/bricks I thought you meant 3310 (especially because brick is the nickname of the 3310 because of its indestructability) era...

Also there are a million Metroidvania games so I doubt you're gonna find the exact specific game you're looking for. The two most iconic pre smartphone era games were Snake and Bounce.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:34 am

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/84207/

BOps 3 Multiplayer (prestiging disabled) for 15€

Might actually go for it.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:52 am

Streetfighter 5. Released on PC and PS4; only supports Xbox controllers on PC confused confused confused
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:30 pm

DS4windows doesnt work?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:34 pm

Was gonna say DS4windows reads the PS4 controller like it's an Xbox One controller, when I play Ori and press the PlayStation button below the touchpad it takes me to the Xbox One dashboard lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:34 pm

Phritz

ASUS Z170 or Gigabyte Z170X?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:10 pm

Street Fighter V is out versacci. Know u are a fan

decent reviews too
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:31 pm

Phritz wrote:Oh when you were talking about old Nokia's/bricks I thought you meant 3310 (especially because brick is the nickname of the 3310 because of its indestructability) era...

Also there are a million Metroidvania games so I doubt you're gonna find the exact specific game you're looking for. The two most iconic pre smartphone era games were Snake and Bounce.

True. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I can remember there was a similar game though, named Beowulf something. Memories are good.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:52 pm

RealGunner wrote:DS4windows doesnt work?

Yeah, but it's ridiculous that a PS4 game on PC doesn't natively support PS4 controllers. SFV only takes Xinput controllers, aka Xbox peripherals. If you have anything else you need a 3rd party program to convert Dinput into Xinput.

RealGunner wrote:Phritz

ASUS Z170 or Gigabyte Z170X?

X99 masterrace :coffee:

Which Asus Z170? (though although that doesn't change the answer) Between Asus, Gigabyte, MSI and ASRock it's pretty much which features each individual board has and which you prefer, heck with the feature/pprice parity even colour scheme might be a significant criteria because there's so little between these boards. Z170 is the top tier platform for consumer chips and apart from some exceptions you get what you pay for in the hardware market because competition. Right now afaik top tier Skylake cpu's are a little on the overpriced side due to availability. A Z97 Devils Canyon chip is probably best price/performance atm.

Last edited by Phritz on Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:54 am

been watching some walkthroughs for far cry primal

looks shite

think i'm done with that series, peaked at FC3/Blood Dragon
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:30 am

Firenze wrote:been watching some walkthroughs for far cry primal

looks shite

I was sceptical about them releasing it in such a short amount of time after FC4. Someone on here said that FC4 and primal are made by two different developers under Ubisoft, and I don't know whether or not that's true, but they look similar enough for me to draw the conclusion that Primal probably won't be much better than it's not so old predecessor.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:09 am

RealGunner wrote:Street Fighter V is out versacci. Know u are a fan

decent reviews too
Yeah getting it in a few weeks.

Pissed they removed Sakura but Cammy will do..

Can't wait to face all the Ryu/Ken abusers online.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:05 pm

Thimmy wrote:

looks shite

I was sceptical about them releasing it in such a short amount of time after FC4. Someone on here said that FC4 and primal are made by two different developers under Ubisoft, and I don't know whether or not that's true, but they look similar enough for me to draw the conclusion that Primal probably won't be much better than it's not so old predecessor.

Of course they are similar, it's a Far Cry game. At the end of the day there's only so much you can change from mechanical stand point.

That doesn't mean they have straight copy and pasted the game though, for example pretty much all the Assassins Creed games are made by different developers. You can't physically bring these games out every year or 2 with the same people it's just not possible as they are too big.

But they are obviously not gonna change too much from general stand point as people still enjoy these games, that's not the issue here as the mere idea of going from guns to spears, arrows and clubs etc etc is enough " change " more so that the game isn't very good. Laughing

I'll pay for the same game over and over again as long as it's good, change is overrated IMO and i genuinely don't think people want change.

The wankfest of a FF7 remake tells me they want quality and not change.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:31 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

looks shite

Of course they are similar, it's a Far Cry game. At the end of the day there's only so much you can change from mechanical stand point.

That doesn't mean they have straight copy and pasted the game though, for example pretty much all the Assassins Creed games are made by different developers. You can't physically bring these games out every year or 2 with the same people it's just not possible as they are too big.

But they are obviously not gonna change too much from general stand point as people still enjoy these games, that's not the issue here as the mere idea of going from guns to spears, arrows and clubs etc etc is enough " change " more so that the game isn't very good. Laughing

I'll pay for the same game over and over again as long as it's good, change is overrated IMO and i genuinely don't think people want change.

The wankfest of a FF7 remake tells me they want quality and not change.

Removing the fetch quests and headache- inducing amount of collectibles in the Far Cry series would go a long way in making a positive change to the series. Nothing drastic is necessary. A few minor tweaks to the gameplay could've potentially made a ton of difference, in an otherwise quite repetitive game.

People wanted an FF7 remake with upgraded graphics, not an FF7 remake with a completely re-designed combat system and map. It remains to be seen whether they manage to re-design the game in such a way that old fans of the game don't mind the changes and enjoy it for what it is, rather than bash it for being negatively different.

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:31 pm

Yeah people started saying the same about Uncharted between 2-3 and shortly after 3 lol it makes no sense

You buy a game because you enjoy it, you want an improved version not a completely new one. You don't buy Need for Speed number 600 because you want them to replace cars with horses and turn it in to a victorian era shooter, you want a better version of the last game.

So when certain games come out and they're loved universally, changing them significantly would defeat the point. The best thing to do obviously is stop pumping them out every 12 months and bring out a genuinely improved game but obviously money wise they don't try that until the sales drop.

Best thing to do is what I'm doing with AC games now and buying them every 3-4 years in which time they'll be very different from the last ones I played.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:33 pm

Well i agree with that, the fetch quests in Far Cry turn me off it very quickly.

Not to mention that the whole first person in massive open world gives me motion sickness so you better make your quests fun. Laughing

Don't think i have ever completed one tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:59 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Well i agree with that, the fetch quests in Far Cry turn me off it very quickly.

Not to mention that the whole first person in massive open world gives me motion sickness so you better make your quests fun. Laughing

Don't think i have ever completed one tbh.

Just replace the fetch quests with decently enjoyable ones, and that in itself would be a huge improvement to the game. The same can be said about Fallout 4. I really wish I had known that some of the tediously boring faction quests were infinite, lol.

Apparently, CDPR did the impossible when they made the many quests in Witcher 3 actually enjoyable and relatively diverse, herb gathering a simple push of a button, and travel by horse a viable alternative to walking.

Meanwhile, in other games, fans argue that adding "proper" side quests to open-world games demands too much time and resources, that the process of gathering herbs is supposed to take forever because that's realistic, and that making horse mounts too agile effectively decreases the size of open-world maps to such an extent that it becomes an issue. Excuses drinking
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:08 pm

Of course not, but to me you have passionately want to design the game like that. All CDPR talked about pre release was how much they despise fetch quests without a story or something around it to make it worth while and would do all they can to eliminate it.

Not everyone is like them sadly, despite the fact they are quite a big company they are very "indie " at heart, i don't get the same feeling from other games like this.

That's the best thing about Witcher 3, it's so well designed that you actually want to do these things. When i play other open world games atm it feels like a chore a comparison.

When i play Fallout it feels like a chore to me lol, i'm sure objectively it's a good game but it feels like i'm constantly pushing through it. It's the same with most of these open world games tbh.

While i don't passionately hate them like a lot of people do, i do confess that a lot of these developers need to go back and think about what makes these games fun.

I'm too old to push through games that are not fun for me anymore lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:19 pm

That's why I liked Far Cry 3 better. Hardly any fetch quests, had GOAT missions like burning down the weed farm and killing that rapist.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:20 pm

Far Cry 3 was probably the one i got furthest in tbf, although i barely remember anything other than exploding C4 and watching the fire spread. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next