rincon
halamadrid2
Curtinho
Valkyrja
free_cat
50 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Is Pique a World Class CB? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Pique a World Class CB?

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:42 am

Damn, I guess he has so many other things in life to move onto but never thought he will so abruptly retire like this... just goes to show in todays world how things are. Young fans who grow up on social media n the internet in general jump on everything and big name players can never get a rest these days from criticism. Its all too negative n I can understand from Pique's POV. Barcaforum is a prime example, just so many clueless bandwagoner kids XD From his POV he underperformed recently but after taking so much shit n a big pay cut in the summer it seems he doesnt have to take anymore shit from unappreciative fans who so quickly forget what hes done for Barca n been a good performer for so many yrs.

As much as some ppl hate Pique nowadays, there is no denying hes been a legend of the club n a top CB with a top career. Sad end to his career but anyone who would deny otherwise is just jealous Very Happy

Leaves our CB situation bit dire though. How many games are there b4 the WC to be played? We could always play Frenkie there though...

BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:50 am

Doc wrote:Sometimes I thought he legit was world class and then at times I felt like he was basically the Draymond Green of defenders.

what do you mean by this comp? Draymond at his best has been the most unique defensive player in recent NBA history
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:12 am

Pique is a bum.

A garbage CB who's smart enough to know who won't be mourned. He just isn't popular in Spain and his retirement isn't even big news. Huge downfall in his career as for the most part he could not cope without the departure of Puyol who carried his mistakes.

Dignified enough when to call it quits. Would have moved to MLS instead as he'd be popular in America.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:22 am

Barca legend undoubtedly but a football clown.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:14 am

BarcaLearning wrote:just goes to show in todays world how things are. Young fans who grow up on social media n the internet in general jump on everything and big name players can never get a rest these days from criticism. Its all too negative n I can understand from Pique's POV. Barcaforum is a prime example, just so many clueless bandwagoner kids XD From his POV he underperformed recently but after taking so much shit n a big pay cut in the summer it seems he doesnt have to take anymore shit from unappreciative fans who so quickly forget what hes done for Barca n been a good performer for so many yrs.
Still don't understand how Barcaforum shot its own foot like that. It let trolls run rampant there, I mean imagine Barca player reading the fan forum and discovering shit like that? Being there a decade ago and seeing that stuff fold, my guess is that the forum operator was an Iniesta fanboy, and was jelous of Messi getting all the praise. He let the trolling against Messi go by, and then it eventually became free to troll on anything. PR companies like Cronaldo's saw that and planted multiple posters there, it became most toxic places on internet. And few years after that, Barcelona itself imploded...
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:06 pm

Harmonica wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:just goes to show in todays world how things are. Young fans who grow up on social media n the internet in general jump on everything and big name players can never get a rest these days from criticism. Its all too negative n I can understand from Pique's POV. Barcaforum is a prime example, just so many clueless bandwagoner kids XD From his POV he underperformed recently but after taking so much shit n a big pay cut in the summer it seems he doesnt have to take anymore shit from unappreciative fans who so quickly forget what hes done for Barca n been a good performer for so many yrs.
Still don't understand how Barcaforum shot its own foot like that. It let trolls run rampant there, I mean imagine Barca player reading the fan forum and discovering shit like that? Being there a decade ago and seeing that stuff fold, my guess is that the forum operator was an Iniesta fanboy, and was jelous of Messi getting all the praise. He let the trolling against Messi go by, and then it eventually became free to troll on anything. PR companies like Cronaldo's saw that and planted multiple posters there, it became most toxic places on internet. And few years after that, Barcelona itself imploded...

Barcaforum admin is a troll and an idiot. It goes from the top down
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:10 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Retired immediately is just such a weird move. Why not wait until the end of the season? Fragile
Probably is having mental health issues after his divorce.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:16 pm

Pique has given up around €30M in wages @SiqueRodriguez

Pique’s exit will generate salary fair-play for Barcelona
@ffpolo @martinezferran

he is bigger than your clubs
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:48 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Pique is a bum.

A garbage CB who's smart enough to know who won't be mourned. He just isn't popular in Spain and his retirement isn't even big news. Huge downfall in his career as for the most part he could not cope without the departure of Puyol who carried his mistakes.

Dignified enough when to call it quits. Would have moved to MLS instead as he'd be popular in America.

This. Got carried by Puyol and I haven't seen a single great game by Pique since. Yeah I've seen a few decent ones. He's not terrible, he's a first division professional footballer. But if he hadn't worked up his reputation with Puyol next to him, he wouldn't have been playing for a club that regularly reaches the UCL.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:25 pm

Myesyats wrote:Pique has given up around €30M in wages @SiqueRodriguez

@ffpolo @martinezferran

He's not giving up anything Laughing He's getting something on the other end, probably an unopposed run for presidency or some shady sweetheart deal for his holding company.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:29 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Doc wrote:Sometimes I thought he legit was world class and then at times I felt like he was basically the Draymond Green of defenders.

what do you mean by this comp? Draymond at his best has been the most unique defensive player in recent NBA history
Most unique, sure but to allow this conversation to stick to Pique, I don't rate Green. At all. Hence the line.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:31 pm

@ffpolo @martinezferran

So selfless that he stuck around till November to collect October's wages before he called it quits.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:49 pm

Doc wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

Most unique, sure but to allow this conversation to stick to Pique, I don't rate Green. At all. Hence the line.

you don't rate peak Draymond (2016-2019)? damn that's tough
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:02 pm

Please just because we live in MLS territory does not mean we are stupid

Nobody cares about Pique in america even less so the real football fans. For example no casual in Nashville will go the stadium because Pique is in town
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:18 pm

Doc wrote:So selfless that he stuck around till November to collect October's wages before he called it quits.

He intented to compete and play this season in full but the criticism, unlucky performance vs Inter and overall pressure to waive his deferred wages as well as booing in most of the stadiums (related to the Shakira drama most likely) was probably a lot to bear. The truth is he should have retired a year earlier... but anyway

He is a legend of the game !
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:22 pm

reading the comments here one would get confused and start feeling like he was an average professional footballer....quality of troll these days...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:27 pm

neuro11 wrote:reading the comments here one would get confused and start feeling like he was an average professional footballer....quality of troll these days...
Madrid fans will be hurt a while after how much Pique trolled them.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:29 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Harmonica wrote:

Is Barcaforum actually Barcelona FC's official forum then? Had no idea Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:34 pm

Ya, dunno what some fans have been watching all these yrs, maybe they just dont watch Barca games enough to know? Or are just that biased? Any decent pundit agrees Pique is a legend not just for Barca but for the game, one of the best CBs ever. Dont forget after Puyol the various partners hes had with the likes of Macherano who isnt even a CB, then Umtiti n Lenglet who started well but both fell off b4 Pique. Hes now 35. So hes been our best CB for like a decade winning n number of trophies lol. U cant do it if ur not a legend level of a player.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:42 pm

Also its lucky for Barca that we've finally found a good enough replacement in Kounde it seems to replace Pique. If Pique had walked any time b4 now we wouldnt have been anywhere near ready at the back. Imagine relying on Eric to lead that defense... from Pique to Eric, truly a few tiers downgrade XD
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:02 pm

@ffpolo @martinezferran

Sort of like the Neymar deal then. He isn't quitting without a million strings attached, don't be gullible
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:48 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:
Myesyats wrote:
Harmonica wrote:

Is Barcaforum actually Barcelona FC's official forum then? Had no idea Razz

Lol it's not the club's official forum but it's the only one which has lots of members and is dedicated solely to barca
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:25 pm

A shit footballer doesn’t start for Barca for all these years. Come on now. He’s a legend and it’s pretty obvious.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:47 pm

watch greens game 7 against the cavs and tell me if he's a bum lol. Reason why the cavs came back bc he was suspended for two games when they were up 3-1

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:29 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:A shit footballer doesn’t start for Barca for all these years. Come on now. He’s a legend and it’s pretty obvious.

Exactly. You can think he's overrated because he wasn't consistently world class, but he definitely had a few world class seasons. You can't tell me Pique wasn't great back in 2015 when Barca would sit back and counter with MSN and he was winning all his duels in the box next to 5'7 Mascherano.

He was pretty good last season when Xavi joined too. Definitely not a bum defender. Playing as a defender in a high line is more difficult than sitting back. You have to defend way more open space and one mistake on the ball means the opposition have a 1v1. Playing in a tactically dysfunctional Barca with Messi not pressing up top the last 5 years makes your job even harder.

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:44 am

FennecFox7 wrote:A shit footballer doesn’t start for Barca for all these years. Come on now. He’s a legend and it’s pretty obvious.
Wilshere dominated Xavi and Iniesta, remember?

GL at its peak.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next