M99
Kaladin
Firenze
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
15 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 26 - Page 32 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 26

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat May 07, 2016 12:16 am

Obviously if he proves them wrong in their eyes he can always come back, i mean Gallows is Festus ffs.

Not sure the Del Rio comparison is apt though, they got rid of him because he attacked someone i think not because of any talent related reasons.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 26 - Page 32 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 26

Post by Onyx Sat May 07, 2016 12:44 am

That's the problem though. He's already proven them wrong by getting over with a shitty gimmick. He's still more popular than the majority of the roster today.

They hate it when you get over without their permission, pure and simple.

I guess maybe if he succeeds outside of the WWE, they'll consider resigning him and putting him in a prominent spot on the basis that he got over elsewhere. That way it won't hurt their egos.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat May 07, 2016 12:53 am

can easily see sandow becoming a top heel in NJPW, I don't see WWE ever bringing him back though. Would have to wait a few years and even then he had too many plebby gimmicks, would be hard to sell him as credible IMO. If they brought him back he wouldn't be able to shine. Better off just forging a decent career elsewhere.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat May 07, 2016 1:01 am

heath slater surviving another round of deavors genuinely baffles me Laughing

he has dirt on someone
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat May 07, 2016 1:01 am

I remember reading not long ago that Barrett had to drop the bad news gimmick because people were cheering him. Imagine the WWE burying Austin 3:16 or Rock's catchphrases when they were popular heels. rofl

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat May 07, 2016 1:02 am

If the idea is to go somewhere he'd actually have a chance of coming back, going to NJPW is actually probably the best bet.

WWE are really high on New Japan for some reason recently and seem to take a lot of stock in what people do there. AJ is a prime example, they wasn't really interested in him before his New Japan run ( despite IMO his best work being in TNA) and after just over two years there he became a guy they called him to come and not the other way round.

Part of that is because they didn't seem to take TNA too seriously in terms of their stars translating in WWE, they seem to have flip flopped on that recently but i'd still say in terms of working to get WWE to notice you then New Japan is probably the best bet.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat May 07, 2016 1:02 am

Hope he comes back in a few years, can see him, Tyler Breeze and Fandago as ME material then, flip this era into the olden days with larger than life characters
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat May 07, 2016 1:03 am

Firenze wrote:heath slater surviving another round of deavors genuinely baffles me Laughing

he has dirt on someone

Isn't he the only member of the original Nexus who is left lmao?

Speaking of people who keep surviving though, Jack Swagger hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat May 07, 2016 1:06 am

Otunga's still there. Think he's a panel member on the RAW pre show. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat May 07, 2016 1:07 am

wonder how much of WWE paying attention to NJPW is to do with the network and the fact they plan on doing more extensive japanese touring, remember reading they are rolling out the network soon or recently unveiled it in Japan and we know that Wrestling is still massive there

Swagger is quite weird too, I could see him doing MMA like Lashley since he has a legit wrestling background, maybe they don't want to let him go because of that for now hmm
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat May 07, 2016 1:07 am

And Ryback's technically still with the company, aka Skip Sheffield.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat May 07, 2016 1:09 am

R Truth is another tbh

Surprised Otunga is still around but not entirely since he's an educated black man with decent mic/presenting skills

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat May 07, 2016 1:12 am

Firenze wrote:wonder how much of WWE paying attention to NJPW is to do with the network and the fact they plan on doing more extensive japanese touring, remember reading they are rolling out the network soon or recently unveiled it in Japan and we know that Wrestling is still massive there

Swagger is quite weird too, I could see him doing MMA like Lashley since he has a legit wrestling background, maybe they don't want to let him go because of that for now hmm

That probably is part of it, i'm convinced one of the reasons they signed Nakamura is to sell the Network to people in Japan and Asia at large.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat May 07, 2016 1:14 am

you know what was hilarious though

The Official WWE Thread - Part 26 - Page 32 C099184156dab4512eeaeeeec7e43041

couple hours later

The Official WWE Thread - Part 26 - Page 32 Uh3UF
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat May 07, 2016 1:15 am

Just looked at Otunga's wiki.

Partner(s) Jennifer Hudson
(2008–present)

Dat sly dog ffs, probably the only reason they are keeping him tbf Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat May 07, 2016 1:27 am

I don't see Sandow in NJPW. He's probably gonna be around PWG/ROH or maybe LU or TNA. Barrett, I can very well see fitting in at NJPW. He'd fit in Bullet Club like a glove.

Miz talking about the Mizdow gimmick.

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat May 07, 2016 1:41 am

If the fans legit hijack RAW, protest on social media etc etc, then there's always a chance they resign him in a couple of months.

Matt Hardy got released in 2005 due to some stuff with Edge/Lita, people protested and he returned a few months later.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat May 07, 2016 1:44 am

Maybe the entire thing is a work to get people behind Sandow, eventually leading to a return at SummerSlam, where he'd win the WWEWHC. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat May 07, 2016 2:00 am

Firenze wrote:R Truth is another tbh

pls go. The Truth is legit.

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat May 07, 2016 2:24 am

Whether he's legit or not this Gorgeous Truth and Golddango shit has to stop lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 07, 2016 8:49 am

I don't know why WWE should sign Sandow back again? what will they do with him? make him job even more? make him go into a ridiculous gimmick to elevate other stars?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat May 07, 2016 9:36 am

Sandows? Really? Reallllyyy? I hereby withdraw all my previous support to Onyx.  Another fake dawn another fake leader smh

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat May 07, 2016 11:11 am

RealGunner wrote:I don't know why WWE should sign Sandow back again? what will they do with him? make him job even more? make him go into a ridiculous gimmick to elevate other stars?

I agree tbh Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat May 07, 2016 1:05 pm

which is why MT needs to just accept he isn't coming back barring a miracle. He was a fan favorite, with shite gimmicks. They didn't care. He was a non-factor in their eyes. Allow him to go do his thing somewhere else and even though it won't be in the top promotion (one MT criticizes 24/7 but probably refuses to even entertain the idea of watching any of the other orgs out there) he will be a top guy with plenty of opportunities to entertain hmm

feel for MT though, the lad's down to Enzo, Cass & Baron Corbin now.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun May 08, 2016 7:21 pm

Source: The Steve Austin Show

The controversial Vince Russo was one of Steve Austin's most recent guests on "The Steve Austin Show," surprising the former WWE Champion with a few anecdotes about his career. Listen to the podcast here.

Russo, a former writer for WWE, WCW, and TNA, shed some light on Austin's career with the WWE, and how Vince McMahon wasn't exactly sold on the "3:16" marketing scheme.

McMahon used to call Russo into his office, who was doing the verbiage for many of the promos at the time, to see how the characters were going to be portrayed. Russo told Austin he loved his time as "Stunning" Steve Austin in WCW, but was unfamiliar with him in ECW.

When both Russo and McMahon got to The Ringmaster, Austin's in-ring name from his early days with WWE, Vince told Russo he didn't want Austin to ever say a word. He wanted Ted DiBiase -- his manager at the time -- to do all the talking.

Russo then proceeded to tell Austin he met with Rich Baker, who worked with WWE and had known about Austin's idea for a character, who would eventually become "Austin 3:16." Russo reiterated that Vince wanted to know nothing about Austin's mic skills, but he said he'd never forget the episode of Raw when Austin was given a headset.

"I remember putting you on the headset," Russo said, "with like, no direction, and just sitting back and saying, holy crap. I tell people this story all the time, because they talk about their push, their push, their push. I tell them all the time Steve Austin was given two freaking minutes on color. That's it. That's all he needed."

After Austin's promo at King of The Ring 1996, Russo said he was about to put the "Austin 3:16" title on a magazine the next day, and after showing the cover to Vince, the WWE head honcho asked what "Austin 3:16" was.

Having to remind Vince that Austin said it one night prior, the chairman told Russo he didn't get it and to take it off.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun May 08, 2016 8:02 pm

I would take it with a grain of salt knowing the beef between Russo and Vince, but then again its not uncommon for Vince to be oblivious about the talent and what they can do
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next