Who will manage Manchester United in 16/17 and beyond?

+14
Glory
Turok_TTZ
Art Morte
RED
Unique
Valkyrja
rincon
futbol
McAgger
Lex
BarrileteCosmico
Lucifer
Firenze
Hapless_Hans
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who will manage Manchester United in 16/17 and beyond? Empty Who will manage Manchester United in 16/17 and beyond?

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue May 10, 2016 9:18 pm

While I'm watching van Gaal's United team struggling to cope with West Ham, when they'd need a win to make top 4, I'm wondering what's going on at that club.

We all remember the great fun we had when United had their collapse under Moyes. This was some hilarious time, and it seemed very much exceptional.

But it's been now amost 3 years since SAF retired and United have not yet bounced back to anywhere near their old status.

Louis van Gaal, genius of a coach and master-entertainer that he is, is of course also an absolute moron and a fraud of a coach.

If we look at it objectively, 2 years after he's taken over he has not achieved anything at all at the club, and his time must count as a major disappointment.
The defining thing surely must be buying di Maria for 80m € only to bench him after a few games and sell him on.
It has been a completely erratic, nonsensical reign, accompanied by extraordinarily unattractive football.
SURELY something has to happen, as the club cannot be happy with an 'also ran' role?

The movements on the managerial market, with Kloppo, Conte, Pep joining rival teams, have sent many United fans into a panic that cries for a big name to take over.

And indeed, for a while it seemed certain that Mourinho would take over from van Gaal, at the latest in summer, it even seemed inconceivable van Gaal might survive the season without the sack.

Well he's still here, and United are still scrubbing it up.

Di Marzio was certain about Mourinho becoming Utd manager, and said so repeatedly, however we all know DiMarzio's record has been very poor recently, as he's increasingly turning out to be a tool.

Is it possible van Gaal might indeed stay on?

I can't imagine a club being so masochistic as to let that happen, however we can't know what that miraculous Ed Woodward is up to.
This Redissue fanmag made a lot of fuzz on Twitter the other months with alleged rifts between the actual board with the Glazers homunculi and Ed, and the 'advisory', footballing board with Fergie and his cabal.
Although those tweets were probably not accurate and blown up, possibly complete BS, might there be power struggles behind the scenes?
Mourinho reportedly is not popular with some influential figures..

Or do you think Mourinho is agreed after all?

What will happen to Giggs?

Questions, questions, we need some answers.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Who will manage Manchester United in 16/17 and beyond? Empty Re: Who will manage Manchester United in 16/17 and beyond?

Post by Firenze Tue May 10, 2016 9:33 pm

all signs point to Mourinho

I fully expect LVG to get another season if he somehow gets 4th + FA cup

I'm not thrilled with a Mou appointment tbh but there doesn't seem to be many highly rated coaches around atm

which is what we need atm, Mou historically guarantees short term success, we need to instill a winning mentality in our squad again, too many players that are just happy to be playing for a big club but don't have that hunger and desire to win

talk of giggs taking us over infuriates me, needs to go prove he's a top coach elsewhere before getting a chance here

would love Pocchetino as my first choice but I don't see him leaving his Spurs project and why would he, they are playing infinitely better football than us currently and there's less pressure on him

we also need changes with how we sign players, spent a fortune on complete shit the last few seasons for the most part and it's not a case of  us signing highly rated players in the first place and them under-performing, there was question marks surrounding half of our signings before we even bought them
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Who will manage Manchester United in 16/17 and beyond? Empty Re: Who will manage Manchester United in 16/17 and beyond?

Post by Lucifer Tue May 10, 2016 10:22 pm

Giggs should do it imo. BTW they should do the movie on the reign of van gaal at united called The Dutch job sequel to the Italian job.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 10, 2016 10:23 pm

https://i.imgur.com/DM99kit.jpg
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue May 10, 2016 10:24 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:https://i.imgur.com/DM99kit.jpg

Pls elaborate, who is it, I don't understand
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue May 10, 2016 10:26 pm

Just put Rashford in charge, him and Martial are basically carrying United
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue May 10, 2016 10:26 pm

Lucifer wrote:Giggs should do it imo
He already has one failed relationship, he doesn't need another
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue May 10, 2016 10:29 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:https://i.imgur.com/DM99kit.jpg

Pls elaborate, who is it, I don't understand

That's Pochettino.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue May 10, 2016 10:32 pm

LMAO just came back home and rewatched the game on Whoscored.

Shots:

West Ham: 20
Manchester United: 3

My musculus rectus abdominis. rofl

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue May 10, 2016 10:33 pm

Having said that. Can we pls trade Neymarketing with Martial?

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue May 10, 2016 10:36 pm

how about a Kingsley Coman Neymar straight swap? We'll throw in one complimentary Götze.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue May 10, 2016 10:37 pm

futbol wrote:LMAO just came back home and rewatched the game on Whoscored.

Shots:

West Ham: 20
Manchester United: 3

My musculus rectus abdominis. rofl

rofl
I think I have more on my hand after I maturbate than this guy has after spending 250 millions

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue May 10, 2016 10:41 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:how about a Kingsley Coman Neymar straight swap? We'll throw in one complimentary Götze.

Who will manage Manchester United in 16/17 and beyond? QGzPdYCcBbbZm

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue May 10, 2016 10:43 pm

ok ok

Lewandowski Neymar swap then

?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue May 10, 2016 10:48 pm

Neymar will go to Milan as Berlusconi's last "gift" when he sells Milan. You heard it here first.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue May 10, 2016 10:49 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:ok ok

?

Sounds tempting. hmm

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue May 10, 2016 10:50 pm

?

Benzema and James for Lewandowski and Kimmich ? We'll throw Danilo in there too. Heard you need a RB.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue May 10, 2016 11:16 pm

mourinho will come in. man u will start winning again. people will hate man u and mourinho more than ever and the man u fans will be happy again cheers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue May 10, 2016 11:31 pm

Valkyrja wrote:

?

Benzema and James for Lewandowski and Kimmich ? We'll throw Danilo in there too. Heard you need a RB.

Thanks but no thanks.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed May 11, 2016 12:31 am

Give it a garden gnome for all I care. I just feel disconnected with the club right now. Just numb.

The fact our board allowed LVG to continue beyond December, when it was evident our season was going down the pan, let's me know where their intentions truly lie. As long as the money rolls in they'll turn a blind eye to what's going on on the pitch.

Why should I care? In fact, I'd wager a bet the incompetent clown will still be our manager next season.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed May 11, 2016 6:25 am

Probably Mou, and the squad should suit him better than most managers, but what United really need is someone who actually signs good players. This current squad simply doesn't scream "top-4 quality" under any manager, bar maybe Allardyce. LVG's biggest failure has been in the transfer market. One Martial isn't enough.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed May 11, 2016 6:31 am

Interestingly enough, I do not see Mourinho at ManUtd. If they really wanted him. Mourinho would already be there. Van gaal will stay and if he is sacked, its either giggs or someone else who isnt mourinho.

Recent news regarding renato sanches to bayern increases my doubts of a mourinho united. werent he and mendes close? why let a potential target get snapped up before the summer?

ofc bayern is a far more attractive team but still.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed May 11, 2016 10:51 am

We would have continued with vangle had we won the match and clinched 4th. But not now i guess. Mourinho and a DoF Berta from Atletico will most probably arrive.
Giggs ? Hell no!

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed May 11, 2016 11:11 am

Maybe Fergie is indeed intent on getting Gnocchetino?

Another year of LvG, then Pinocchioni joins?
(Can't imagine him leaving Spurs already this summer)

How about that for an idea?

How much damage can one more LvG season do?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed May 11, 2016 11:14 am

Pippo.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next