Lucifer
Kaladin
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
M99
18 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 27 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 27

Post by Onyx Tue 31 May 2016, 12:49

M99 wrote:Wathcing RAW on Youtube and saw the crowd do a duelling Styles/Cena chants.

MT: crickets

Was talking about his entrance reaction. hmm

I'll give him credit where credit's due, he got a good reaction. But personally, I think he's better off in the midcard. He's great in the ring, however he doesn't really have anything else going for him. He's below average on the mic and doesn't really have an interesting character or anything unique about him either. He's just a regular guy who comes out and talks. Then again the same does apply to Reigns and Rollins, but yeh...

Plus it's hard to get invested in him as a main event guy when he's only been around for 4 months.
Maybe as a heel he'll be able to develop his character more.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 27 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 27

Post by Casciavit Tue 31 May 2016, 13:32

RIP AJ

Rollins' booking :facepalm:
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue 31 May 2016, 13:53

They tried to sell that segment as Rollins playing mind games but he just looked like a coward. It might have made more sense had Reigns been in a match later and Rollins attacked him then, but neither of them appeared again during the remainder of the show.

Also, where are Shane or Stephanie in this? Shane appeared once in that awful opening segment and didn't appear again. Stephanie appeared to "put over" Charlotte and that was it. Surely one of them would have put Rollins in a match or something.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 31 May 2016, 13:59

Just watched the Cena and Styles segment in full, dat feel when AJ is still getting his name chanted after the beatdown rofl

Good segment though and going by your reactions i imagine the rest of the show is not worth it?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue 31 May 2016, 14:03

Main event might be worth a watch just because, but yeah, rest of the show isn't worth watching unless you want to watcha rehash of Superstars.

Also just looking back at Styles' booking:

Lost to Jericho at Mania
Loses to Reigns twice
Lost to Owens

Good thing he's already a star because he was actually weak going into this Cena feud.

Last edited by Jay29 on Tue 31 May 2016, 14:03; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue 31 May 2016, 14:03

Reigns and Rollins should be main eventing RAW imo. If not them then Cena.

Watching a bunch of midcarders in a tag match isn't exactly a main event to look forward to. Last week they had a generic match main eventing, before that it was a divas segment. The main event should be something they build towards throughout the night. Something that involves the biggest stars. Instead it's becoming some generic midcard segment.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue 31 May 2016, 14:10

Yeah, AJ has been booked retardedly, read somewhere that that is what Vince usually does if they sign a former NJPW/TNA/etc star? Laughing Unbelievable petulance
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 31 May 2016, 14:15

Jay29 wrote:Main event might be worth a watch just because, but yeah, rest of the show isn't worth watching unless you want to watcha rehash of Superstars.

Also just looking back at Styles' booking:

Lost to Jericho at Mania
Loses to Reigns twice
Lost to Owens

Good thing he's already a star because he was actually weak going into this Cena feud.

This is why wins and losses are not what matters, it's the performance and he always looks great. Take Bray Wyatt for example loses every meaningful feud for ages, one night they decide to use him properly and he looks like a million bucks.

Shame he got injured, although some of the Styles losses were necessary IMO. Owens needed the win more than he did, Jericho also ( because otherwise he'd have looked weak AF going to Ambrose feud and Fandango lulz) plus he beat him the next night to be no 1 contender for the world title.

The only thing i'd personally have changed is maybe screw AJ a little more than they did against Reigns, the rest is fine. The real test will be how he looks once the Cena feud is done.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue 31 May 2016, 14:35

Really liked the heel turn part of the segment, was a good swerve. The way Styles just turned on Cena, while Gallows/Anderson walked to the ring.. reminded me of the days when kayfabe was still alive. It was an actual storyline driven move, classic pro wrestling.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue 31 May 2016, 14:44

My issue is the writing, mostly. I think AJ/Cena will have some great matches and it'll be the best thing on the show. The crowd were clearly into it (it's a smark vs casual thing, of course they would be).

Problem is that if you haven't watched NJPW you won't know anything about Bullet Club and the significance of AJ reuniting with Anderson/Gallows. WWE have done a really poor job establishing these guys and making people care about them. The whole drama about them falling out and splitting off falls flat because you're only told they're friends, not shown it. I don't think people were invested.

The crowd reaction is a decent indicator. One week AJ gets a good pop, the next he doesn't. Last night he came out to a quiet pop, but once he got in the ring with Cena they started getting into it. I think fans who don't know him as well just see a guy who calls himself phenomenal but lost to Owens just last week and lost to Reigns twice.

Maybe for continuity's sake they should have had Anderson/Gallows interfere in the AJ/Owens match. Owens wins by DQ, AJ has a reason to be pissed.

What I hope they do now is book these guys to be dominant. Have Anderson/Gallows win the tag titles, have AJ go over Cena. The stronger they look, the better the pay-off will be when a new babyface finally beats them.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 31 May 2016, 15:03

I agree with all of that.

Just the whole wins and losses thing doesn't really define how good or bad the booking is with him. Although the writing certainly does.

I'm still cautiously optimistic with regards to AJ, i'm a little less confident in Anderson and Gallows however it's not been a particularly good start with them.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue 31 May 2016, 15:41

RIP AJ, he will job to Cena twice, actually the whole bullet club will job to Cena the same way the Wayett family did.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue 31 May 2016, 17:40

Wait, so this was to advertise that Goldberg's going to be in WWE 2K17? Isn't he in the game every year as a legend anyway? hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 31 May 2016, 17:56

Nah MT, he's so easy to make though that it doesn't even matter.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue 31 May 2016, 19:02

Goldberg was in 2K14 I clearly remember that.

Also yeah Bullet Club is going to be fed to Cena after Reigns Laughing Expecting Cena and Styles to trade wins at MITB and Battleground and CenaWinsLol at Summerslam probably for the Smackdown title.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue 31 May 2016, 19:14

Dave Meltzer wrote:[To cut Seth off as a babyface] was dumb. They need that kind of guy. To do it for a guy like Reigns who's dying in the role, and the other part of him is that house show sales are going down, they're not terrible but they're on the descent not the ascent.

So all of these things by normal standards of decision making, you go "you know what, he's not the guy, we thought he was the guy but he's not". But they are bound and determined that he's the guy to the point of muting Seth Rollins, turning AJ Styles. I mean I loved the turn, but at most of the house shows AJ Styles was getting the better reaction than Roman Reigns. I mean there were some shows were Roman got better reactions, but generally AJ was getting a better reaction. And on TV it's night and day who's getting better. We can all come up with excuses night and day on why something is gonna work but the litmus test on who's gonna get over is if you give them a chance they get over, and that's it. Everything else, whether it's saying some women will like him or he's got a good body or he has a good promo, all these things are factors but not as important You can learn from it, but to go in there and just say because he's a good looking guy and he can be a role model for the company so he's gonna get over, I mean they've had a year plus and it's just not working Maybe Seth would be better, and if it didn't work for Seth then you can turn him back heel. This isn't the time for Seth to be heel, and now people are being told to hate him it's just falling flat
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 31 May 2016, 19:23

I agree with all of that, from what I have seen of Styles in his career he's a better heel than face ( as are the large majority of people imo) but you don't do it when the large of majority of your fan base want him rather than Reigns.

Same goes with Rollins, I don't mind the turn it was executed well and I'm sure outside of Cena wins lol it will probably be an interesting watch but we all know the real reason it's happened.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue 31 May 2016, 19:23

Anything to make Reigns look strong. Anyway, AJ will job, If he gets a win out of Cena ill be surprised thb.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 31 May 2016, 19:24

zizzle wrote:Anything to make Reigns look strong. Anyway, AJ will job, If he gets a win out of Cena ill be surprised thb.

I think he will, Owens did and many others have recently. Winning the feud overall is another thing entirely of course though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue 31 May 2016, 19:28

I have a feeling that the WWE has no interest in building or protecting AJ. They're gonna use him as a utility guy and use his rep to feed their own creations.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue 31 May 2016, 19:30

zizzle wrote:I have a feeling that the WWE has no interest in building or protecting AJ. They're gonna use him as a utility guy and use his rep to feed their own creations.

This is what i think as well
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 31 May 2016, 19:33

zizzle wrote:I have a feeling that the WWE has no interest in building or protecting AJ. They're gonna use him as a utility guy and use his rep to feed their own creations.

They have no interest in protecting anyone except Reigns and Cena Laughing

Just winning a PPV match against Cena isn't exactly something that rarely happens, plenty of people who are lower in the card than Styles have done it.

Hell *bleep* Del Rio has lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 31 May 2016, 19:43

Also they are protecting him.

Look at the two Reigns matches, first one Reigns was counted out and got himself DQed and Reigns didn't kick out of his finisher in either match. (no one had kicked out of the phenomenal forearm yet) and they resorted to distractions to stop him winning (when has that ever happened with reigns or prime Cena opponent lol)

I know it's hard to be anything but negative and he'll likely lose to Cena but he isn't being used in a way which anyway states he isn't being protected.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 31 May 2016, 21:12

Watching RAW

One of the worst start to RAW I've ever seen

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 31 May 2016, 21:14

Big Show actually got a decent pop lol

Must say it's nice to see him
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue 31 May 2016, 21:18

M99 wrote:
Dave Meltzer wrote:[To cut Seth off as a babyface] was dumb. They need that kind of guy. To do it for a guy like Reigns who's dying in the role, and the other part of him is that house show sales are going down, they're not terrible but they're on the descent not the ascent.

So all of these things by normal standards of decision making, you go "you know what, he's not the guy, we thought he was the guy but he's not". But they are bound and determined that he's the guy to the point of muting Seth Rollins, turning AJ Styles. I mean I loved the turn, but at most of the house shows AJ Styles was getting the better reaction than Roman Reigns. I mean there were some shows were Roman got better reactions, but generally AJ was getting a better reaction. And on TV it's night and day who's getting better. We can all come up with excuses night and day on why something is gonna work but the litmus test on who's gonna get over is if you give them a chance they get over, and that's it. Everything else, whether it's saying some women will like him or he's got a good body or he has a good promo, all these things are factors but not as important You can learn from it, but to go in there and just say because he's a good looking guy and he can be a role model for the company so he's gonna get over, I mean they've had a year plus and it's just not working Maybe Seth would be better, and if it didn't work for Seth then you can turn him back heel. This isn't the time for Seth to be heel, and now people are being told to hate him it's just falling flat

This really shouldn't surprise anyone. The 2015 Royal Rumble pretty much confirmed how WWE views the roster.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next