Chumlum
Jay29
EL Patron
El Gunner
RealGunner
44 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 34 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sina Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:47 pm

http://statsbomb.com/2016/07/who-is-alexander-lacazette-and-should-arsenal-spend-40m-on-him/

this is informative read on Lacazette's last few seasons and how he has evolved

Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 34 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:08 pm

With Gabriel most likely out long term, now we need 4 new players to complete the squad.

Wenger is almost certain to let us down.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:08 pm

Yeah well. We've known that for years.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:09 pm

Mustafi is coming in before the weekend according to our no 1 internet fraud
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:12 pm

Sorry mate, but weekend is done. Back to work tomo Sad

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:13 pm

RealGunner wrote:Mustafi is coming in before the weekend according to our no 1 internet fraud

Still need 1 more CB. Koscielny almost certain to get injured at some point.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:15 pm

what happened with Gabriel? Didn't see it ..

description suffices, I don't want to watch graphic footage
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:18 pm

Wenger on Gabriel: "It's certainly an ankle sprain." But no details on how serious.

That looks less... serious, but Wenger is well known for lying about injuries so he is not pressured to sign someone as a replacement. Certain that Gabriel is out for 2016 as is Mertesacker.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:21 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:what happened with Gabriel? Didn't see it ..

description suffices, I don't want to watch graphic footage

He had a coming together with Iheanacho. Seemed to get his ankle trapped under his weight.

93rd minute of the game, too. Ridiculous bad luck.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:26 pm

Ankle sprain? I hope that is it because it looked like an ACL or a leg break
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:29 pm

Even if Gabriel is out for half the season, I think we will only need to sign 1 CB.

Kos, Per, Gabriel, Chambers, Holding, Bielik - take out Per and maybe Mertesacker for the first half of the season, and we'd still have four players to choose from for the next few months (once Koscielny's ready). We just need a guy who's more experienced.

Mustafi is a must. I hope we sign him, or someone at least as good as him, asap. Don't worry about the price. In January we can sell or loan a couple of our CBs if need be.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:33 pm

Chumlum wrote:Even if Gabriel is out for half the season, I think we will only need to sign 1 CB.

[..] take out Per and maybe Mertesacker for the first half of the season, and we'd still have four players to choose from for the next few months

If you count Per and Mertesacker as two players, then yes you are right
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:40 pm

Chumlum wrote:Even if Gabriel is out for half the season, I think we will only need to sign 1 CB.

Kos, Per, Gabriel, Chambers, Holding, Bielik - take out Per and maybe Mertesacker for the first half of the season, and we'd still have four players to choose from for the next few months (once Koscielny's ready). We just need a guy who's more experienced.

Mustafi is a must. I hope we sign him, or someone at least as good as him, asap. Don't worry about the price. In January we can sell or loan a couple of our CBs if need be.

I disagree, 1-2 injuries and we'll be playing Monreal/Debuchy as CB's until January, by which point our season will be done.

Every year we enter unprepared, hoping that our starters don't get injured. Have we learned nothing from previous years?

Wenger originally wanted to start the season with 3 experienced CB's and 2 younger ones. Nothing has changed, we still need 3 experienced CB's and 2 younger ones ready at the start of the season.

This is why an extended transfer window exists in the first place, we have the money and we should spend it. We've dicked around enough.

We need 4 players but I'll let the RW signing slide if we get a good CF. Otherwise 3 new players are needed, two experienced CB's and a top striker. If Wenger doesn't deliver then he is once again irresponsibly starting the season unprepared and it shows that he has learned nothing from his numerous mistakes.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:49 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

[..] take out Per and maybe Mertesacker for the first half of the season, and we'd still have four players to choose from for the next few months

If you count Per and Mertesacker as two players, then yes you are right

Haha, stupid me. Laughing Obviously I meant Mertesacker and Gabriel.

Urban, so you think we need, basically, EIGHT central defenders on the books right now, for a position where rotation is less important than MF/FW?

Because there are three 'experienced' players and three young ones as it is. (Excluding the likes of Monreal or Coquelin dropping into that role.) Two of those six options are out for a while; maybe only one of them is out for as long as 5-6 months. Because those two injured players are experienced, I think we still definitely need to get a guy who's older than 22-23 and has some serious league/international experience. But I am not convinced that TWO permanent signings here is necessary.

As I see it, we need a CB (top priority), a striker (also top priority if we are serious about trophies and don't want to rely on a Theo/Akpom miracle season), and a wide attacking player (lower priority, but if we get a sufficiently good one it can obviate the need for a new ST). That's 2-3 players.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:02 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Wenger on Gabriel: "It's certainly an ankle sprain." But no details on how serious.

That looks less... serious, but Wenger is well known for lying about injuries so he is not pressured to sign someone as a replacement. Certain that Gabriel is out for 2016 as is Mertesacker.

Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:04 pm

Well yes, if Gabriel is indeed out for 6 months and with Mertesacker out we need two replacements for these two senior squad players.

In January after Gabriel and Mertesacker return, we can loan out Holding and Bielik and all will be well as far as numbers go.

This is a what a responsible manager would do but as we know Wenger you'll get your wish certainly.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:06 pm

I think you're overlooking the fact that one reason why you have 'depth' in the first place (e.g. 4 or more players for 2 positions, such as CB), is to cover the possibility of injuries. It isn't solely for rotation.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:31 pm

The issue for me is that if Gabriel's injury is serious we're left with just the one experienced centre back and two kids. It's a huge ask for Chambers and Holding to step-up for five-six months while Per and Gabriel recover.

Even if we sign one CB we're still playing a dangerous game because we're still just one injury away from playing someone that isn't ready. Chambers and Holding should be on loan. I don't think either are good enough to play in a team that wants to push for major honours. At a push one stays to cover right back.

So I can see where Urban is coming from here. It's difficult to put faith in Chambers and Holding at this stage.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:51 pm

IF we were to sign 2 Center Backs one starting quality and 2nd one for rotation with PL experience and not demanding starting spot

i wouldnt mind Craig Dawson (on the back of 1st XI level signing,Mustafi whatever

but obv would be lucky to even get one lol
who are ur suggestions Urban and co?
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:06 pm

Just as you said, one CB who can partner Koscielny in the first team and another who is experienced and won't mind warming the bench.

Mustafi and Ashley Williams perhaps. Will have to see who's available, maybe there are better options out there.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:07 pm

How many non-HG slots are there already in the squad? 15 with Sanogo?
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:21 am

Mustafi is HG fwiw.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:28 am

If we don't sign a CB before the weekend I will be royally pissed.

Also why would we let Debuchy go to Gala. Could've used him to leverage a deal for one of our targets.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:08 am

Peccadillo wrote:If we don't sign a CB before the weekend I will be royally pissed.

Also why would we let Debuchy go to Gala. Could've used him to leverage a deal for one of our targets.

Do you really think he holds enough value to have any sway in deals that could surpass the €40m mark?
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:23 am

MJ wrote:Mustafi is HG fwiw.

I thought so too but are you sure?

I posted the same yesterday but then deleted the post after checking, a player needs 3 years at a British club no?
Looks like mustafi only has two and a half?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:29 am

Didn't realise he was at Everton lol. They could use him now ironically.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next