Who is worse internationally out of these 2?

+17
El Chelsea Fuerte
BarrileteCosmico
mowgli
vivabarca38
juventus101
theaguia
guest7
Great Leader Sprucenuce
FilipeFerreira
M99
VanDeezNuts
Albiceleste
Sushi Master
the xcx
Lord Awesome
xabi
The BoyWonder
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who is worse internationally out of these 2? Empty Who is worse internationally out of these 2?

Post by The BoyWonder Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:42 pm

Messi and Cristriano Ronaldo?

imo both are pretty useless when it comes to international football, despite CR being my favourite player in the world.

But look at CR's team and Messi's team. Messi's team has a bunch of superstars, that CR's team doesn't have much,...basically CR is the only worldclass attacker in Portugal. medfield of argent and portu is maybe on same level...

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Who is worse internationally out of these 2? Empty Re: Who is worse internationally out of these 2?

Post by xabi Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:07 pm

messi
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Who is worse internationally out of these 2? Empty Re: Who is worse internationally out of these 2?

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:11 pm

Has to be Messi.

Though I think that's starting to change, finally.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:11 pm

CR7 isint internationally bad, quite the opposit, hes really good.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:13 pm

I wouldn't call them "bad", it's just their NT's aren't built around them like their clubs are.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:16 pm

The BoyWonder wrote:Messi and Cristriano Ronaldo?

imo both are pretty useless when it comes to international football, despite CR being my favourite player in the world.

But look at CR's team and Messi's team. Messi's team has a bunch of superstars, that CR's team doesn't have much,...basically CR is the only worldclass attacker in Portugal. medfield of argent and portu is maybe on same level...
Nani is WC.

Portugal has a far better defense, which is just as important as attack.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:32 pm

lmao i knew this would be a cr v messi thread before even opening it.

portugal has plenty of wc talent.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:45 pm

Ronaldo was great for Portugal at Euro 04 and World Cup 06.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by FilipeFerreira Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:48 pm

Ronaldo was great for Euro 2004 and World cup 2006, He was decent in 08 and poor in 2010 because of Queiroz, now he is starting to find his form again under Paulo Bento and I'm confident he will return to his 2004-2006 ways for Portugal.

So to say he is "PRETTY USELESS" internationally is absurd. I bet 85% of the people commenting in this thread never watch Portugal play.
FilipeFerreira
FilipeFerreira
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : FC Porto

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:48 pm

milanista99 wrote:Ronaldo was great for Portugal at Euro 04 and World Cup 06.

LOL'D HARD
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:49 pm

Ronaldo was good in Euro 04 and World Cup 06

And Ronaldos team has some WC quality, Pepe, Carvalho, Bosingwa and Nani.

Btw, didnt he score like 7 goals in 04 Euros?

Last edited by omarish on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:49 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

LOL'D HARD
how do u define "great" in the first place?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:52 pm

The xcx wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

LOL'D HARD

Definitely not Ronaldo in 06 WC, that's for damn sure, he was great in 04 euro's just like Messi was in 07 Copa but both of them have been abysmal since then.

Anyone who say's Ronaldo was great in 06 need to get thier head's out of CR7's ass.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:55 pm

FilipeFerreira wrote:Ronaldo was great for Euro 2004 and World cup 2006, He was decent in 08 and poor in 2010 because of Queiroz, now he is starting to find his form again under Paulo Bento and I'm confident he will return to his 2004-2006 ways for Portugal.

So to say he is "PRETTY USELESS" internationally is absurd. I bet 85% of the people commenting in this thread never watch Portugal play.
my sentiments exactly
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:55 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
The xcx wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

LOL'D HARD

Definitely not Ronaldo in 06 WC, that's for damn sure, he was great in 04 euro's just like Messi was in 07 Copa but both of them have been abysmal since then.

Anyone who say's Ronaldo was great in 06 need to get thier head's out of CR7's ass.

He was gonna get awarded Best Young Player but lost to Podolski becouse of his behaviour.

FIFA's Technical Study Group themselves said that his behaviour was the major factor to why he didn't win it.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:56 pm

omarish wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
The xcx wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

LOL'D HARD

He was gonna get awarded Best Young Player but lost to Podolski becouse of his behaviour.

FIFA's Technical Study Group themselves said that his behaviour was the major factor to why he didn't win it.
So is that group now relevant? because people were saying they weren't when they voted Messi as one of the top players of the '10 WC

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:58 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
omarish wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
The xcx wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

LOL'D HARD

So is that group now relevant? because people were saying they weren't when they voted Messi as one of the top players of the '10 WC

Well, Messi wasn't close to winning it. Ronaldo was. But I do agree it's useless, I don't think Messi was worth nominating, he was pretty bad (but the best argentine player) but so was Argentina.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:58 pm

Anyone going against Podolski in a competition is gonna lose, anyways. I don't remember anything great from Ronaldo, anyways; his key moment was stomping on Rooney's balls.

Podolski got Germany to 3rd place with a mediocre team.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:04 pm

Germany wasnt mediocre, but I agree that podolski was easily their best player. But Klose, Lahm, Ballack, and Lehmann were also all great, among others. And while Schweini as a left winger back then wasnt nearly as good as he is now centrally, he still wasnt mediocre.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:04 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

LOL'D HARD

He came second in Best Young Player After Godolski. You can't possibly expect Ronaldo to beat him.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:10 pm

juventus101 wrote:Germany wasnt mediocre, but I agree that podolski was easily their best player. But Klose, Lahm, Ballack, and Lehmann were also all great, among others. And while Schweini as a left winger back then wasnt nearly as good as he is now centrally, he still wasnt mediocre.
It was nowhere as good as it is now. It had many solid players but little "stars" to speak of. Italy owned it pretty badly. They were playing at home.

Put a WC in German soil with the current team, and you will see much different results. It was a pretty mediocre team by German standards.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:34 pm

i think cr is better internationally then messi but he is not as good as people say .they overrate him on the international level
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:05 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
juventus101 wrote:Germany wasnt mediocre, but I agree that podolski was easily their best player. But Klose, Lahm, Ballack, and Lehmann were also all great, among others. And while Schweini as a left winger back then wasnt nearly as good as he is now centrally, he still wasnt mediocre.
It was nowhere as good as it is now. It had many solid players but little "stars" to speak of. Italy owned it pretty badly. They were playing at home.

Put a WC in German soil with the current team, and you will see much different results. It was a pretty mediocre team by German standards.

Yea, I agree that Germany is alot stronger now, but they were strong back then too. Definitely not mediocre by any standards.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mowgli Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:35 pm

omarish wrote:Ronaldo was good in Euro 04 and World Cup 06

And Ronaldos team has some WC quality, Pepe, Carvalho, Bosingwa and Nani.

Btw, didnt he score like 7 goals in 04 Euros?

Well Milan Baros scored 5 and he won the Golden Boot.

mowgli
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:37 pm

how did i know what this thread was going to be about before I came in???
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next