Jay29
RealGunner
McLewis
Tomwin Lannister
Great Leader Sprucenuce
18 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 29 - Page 28 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 29

Post by Jay29 Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:15 pm

One way you could work around is to have the Universe Championship (ffs that name) be the ME at Mania, and have AJ/Cena lower down on the card. That match wouldn't need to be the ME to draw, and the other match can be contested by two younger guys.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 29 - Page 28 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 29

Post by S Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:17 pm

For a WM main event, I think you need a bit of that surprise factor especially if it involves a legend like Cena.

Because the moment Cena enters a match of this magnitude on the biggest stage, you know he's going to win.

Hope they are planning this for SS and I don't mind Reigns winning it again at Mania tbh especially if his opponent is Lesnar. After Summerslam, it became clear that Lesnar is THE villain in the company and you need someone strong to take him out. Hope it's not Strowman :facepalm:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:19 pm

Jay29 wrote:One way you could work around is to have the Universe Championship (ffs that name) be the ME at Mania, and have AJ/Cena lower down on the card. That match wouldn't need to be the ME to draw, and the other match can be contested by two younger guys.

That might work but if you're building a championship match involving Cena , might as well build it as the biggest match of the PPV.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:28 pm

Yeah and also i think they'll want to end the show with the moment of it all. Considering that's how they like to do things at WM.

I agree with Surag on the Lesnar thing though, after what happened at Summerslam it kind of has to happen lol although he doesn't usually main event WM.

BTW speaking of which, Orton has concussion from that stupid ending rofl :facepalm:

I still don't understand that decision.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:22 pm

Cena getting his 16th title is worthy of WM main event, and with an opponent the caliber of AJ Styles and a good storyline (that is still playing out) there's no reason it should be lower on the card. The only reason they'd do it earlier is because they wont keep Cena on the bench all this time or have him come back and ignore the guy who's wearing his armband
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:26 pm

Age of super cena is gone. He has lost so many times recently. I doubt he will be in WWE for long either way. So 16th might be his last title reign.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:31 pm

Yeah i wouldn't be surprised if the reign isn't quite short anyway regardless.

Anyway it depends on how long he's away for because he hasn't actually left yet Laughing He's just being kept off tv per storyline. ( he's working dark matches etc)

Only issue that if he comes back now before he actually leaves as planned he'll probably be inserted into the title picture and Dean deserves that 1 v 1 rematch but we'll see what they do.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:33 pm

He is shooting American Grit season 2 atm i think. He has offers from hollywood too so he might consider them. He won't be back for quite a while I think anyways.

Dean will get a rematch easily.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:35 pm

A bit early but any ideas on who will win the Rumble now? Maybe Cena if we're going for the big AJ/Cena WM match?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:37 pm

I think he's going to be at No Mercy RG hmm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOW465ZFrfI

He's advertised in this promo trailer thing and he wasn't for Backlash. It might mean nothing but i wouldn't be surprised if they have him for this PPV and then he leaves till the end of the year.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:38 pm

Was this already posted? UNREAL POP for Aaron Rex @MT
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:39 pm

Jay29 wrote:A bit early but any ideas on who will win the Rumble now? Maybe Cena if we're going for the big AJ/Cena WM match?

I initially thought Finn Balor if he's going to back from injury in time but who knows.

I just hope it isn't predictable, i looked at the winners and the last not easily predicted Rumble winner was probably Del Rio in 2011 lmao.

Rumble winners have been so damn telegraphed recently smh.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:40 pm

RealGunner wrote:Yea their feud was amazing. The match at summerslam is one of the best match in WWE history IMO.

They can build another feud on a bigger scale at WM.

Not even best match of the year. Calm down ffs Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:41 pm

It was :coffee:

Or at least it has a case for it anyway, been a lot of great matches this year.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:45 pm

Zayn vs Owens, Zayn vs Nakamura, and Alexander vs Ibushi were better. Cena vs AJ was too much of a spotfest, felt the MITB match was as good if not better because at least that match had great psychology despite being slow paced.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:52 pm

Some unbelievable hipster matches

Cena-AJ was better than Zayn-Owens anyday
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:55 pm

Well if we are going to count the Cruiserweight Classic then i agree Laughing

But i'm not going to for obvious reasons, also i'd argue Ibushi and Alexander was every bit as big of a spot fest if not more.

I disagree that it was a spot fest, all of it made sense in the psychology and storytelling of that match it wasn't just random spots like in a indie match.

It had no more high spots than HBK and Taker did anyway and nobody calls that a spot fest.

Also i disagree that both those Zayn matches were better anyway, Owens one has a case mind you. Nakamura one has become a little overrated though because how *bleep* hot the crowd was for it, to me Nakamura has bettered that match at least once since his NXT debut.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:58 pm

RealGunner wrote:Some unbelievable hipster matches

Cena-AJ was better than Zayn-Owens anyday

Do you know which one I am talking about? The Battleground match. Easily the best main roster match.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:01 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Nakamura one has become a little overrated though because how *bleep* hot the crowd was for it, to me Nakamura has bettered that match at least once since his NXT debut.

When did he do that? Aries, Balor or Joe? Nakamura is getting a lot of criticism for phoning it in and I agree with that. His match with Balor was really fkin good tho but other than that he has not lived up to his match with Zayn at all.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:02 pm

Honestly though i think the term spot fest lost it's meaning tbh.

Just because there's a lot of finishers doesn't mean it's a spot fest, it does if there's no storytelling or psychology involved but there quite clearly was.

John Cena just sitting in the corner looking bemused at AJ could kick out of the top rope AA for over a minute was a great example of that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:07 pm

M99 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Nakamura one has become a little overrated though because how *bleep* hot the crowd was for it, to me Nakamura has bettered that match at least once since his NXT debut.

When did he do that? Aries, Balor or Joe? Nakamura is getting a lot of criticism for phoning it in and I agree with that. His match with Balor was really fkin good tho but other than that he has not lived up to his match with Zayn at all.

See this is where i disagree and where Stone Cold's mantra as everyone see's Wrestling differently comes into play lol.

I didn't think his match with Balor was great at all, i actually think it was the worst of the 4 and was quite underwhelming. It was a good match but nothing special.

On the other hand i LOVED the Aries match tbh, by far the best Aries has looked since coming to WWE and in terms of in ring work although the crowd wasn't as hot for it i think it was better honestly.

Loved the Joe match as well but for different reasons, totally different type of match than what we usually see but it worked.

You talk about storytelling and psychology btw, Joe and Nakamura shits all over Zayn and Nakamura when it comes to that even if it's slower paced.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:18 pm

Watching youtube raw clips, seems there is a chance Jeri-KO splits. Perhaps one last championship match for Jericho.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:31 pm

Speaking of which Jericho continues to be amazing lol.

Everyone was moaning (me included)  when he returned but now nobody wants him to leave. Laughing

I watched the youtube clips as well and honestly it seems like to me RAW did a poor job of building towards a PPV which is two weeks away.

Outside of the main event the build is pretty crappy for everything else. We'll see what they do next week as Rusev and Reigns is salvageable as is the Women's title match because they have been going on since before Summerslam.

The rest they'll have a tough time building up, other thing I noticed is the crowd was dead in every clip. (except for main event)

Translate to the Backlash crowd which was into every match (even the Kane and Bray one lol) and the difference is jarring.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:13 pm

Dean not getting his rematch rofl :facepalm: ( although tbh he probably will at Survivor Series)

It will probably be a triple threat tbh, also i don't think he's actually going to win because he hasn't actually left yet. He's been doing dark matches and house shows and only hasn't been on tv because of storyline.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:47 pm

Mah N
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:53 pm

Ignoring the match though, i'm kind of looking forward to seeing the promos if it's a triple threat considering Cena and AJ's chemistry and Ambrose has been great on the mic since his title run. ( he was before but the quality took a jump)
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next