Jay29
RealGunner
McLewis
Tomwin Lannister
Great Leader Sprucenuce
18 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 29 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 29

Post by zizzle Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:33 pm

silver wrote:Lol Goldberg - insane athleticism? He couldn't last in the ring at all before he got gassed. He literally had 3 moves and this was almost 20 years ago. Can't cut a promo, can't go in the ring. The only thing he's got is the look and a spear or two left to someone for some nostalgia pop.

This is the typical kind of love that Goldberg gets on the internet, but for all his shortcomings there is no denying how phenomenal he was as a character. People shit on his move set and work rate but he made it work and had intense amazing (short) matches, then they say he couldnt cut a promo but his character needed him NOT to talk, and then they say he's just a gimmick, but isnt everybody? at least he made his work, and he put asses on the seats, other more "talented" wrestlers spend their careers complaining because they can execute a perfect headlock.

zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 29 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 29

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:58 pm

Inb4 AJ Styles TNA DVDs being sold on the network, seems like everyone here is getting what they want.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:10 pm

Better relations between WWE and TNA will only help the wrestling industry

Merge TNA and NXT together to make it a brand of its own
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:24 pm

Kind of wish this happened with WCW tbh, someone buys them out and rebranded the company and WWE gets the WCW tape library.

Oh well, hindsight and all that.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:37 pm

http://m.imgur.com/a/DIfPN

Dead at some of these. rofl Bray rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:44 pm

Ziggler rofl
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:47 pm

Just decided to watch Cena and AJ at Summerslam again and the claims of spotfest are definitely complete crap Laughing

Phenomenal Forearm happens 5 mins before the end, then two mins later the Super AA happens so it's not like they went randomly straight to it after taking AJ's finish and then Cena stared at AJ in disbelief for at least two mins before the AA is reversed into the Styles Clash leading to the finish.

So to recap there's one finish each that are kicked out of in the last 5 minutes and they spend most of that time selling it and telling the story.

If it's a spotfest then every praised match in WWE history is tbh, including HBK vs Taker and Rock vs Austin. ( when Rock kicked out of 3 stunners and their match at 19 when Rock hit like 4 finishers lol Laughing )
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:52 pm

I still maintain it's an all time great match for me. Specially with that ending.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:11 pm

Yeah ending was really well done, i have even more respect for it now tbh.

I have thought about this since the event but rewatching it back only reaffirms my view tbh. It should have been the main event, everything with how it ended screamed main event especially with Cena lying on the mat and leaving his arm band.

But obviously it was like the 5th match instead lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:28 pm

I said its a spotfest compared to their MITB match. MITB match was a classic, had amazing storytelling in it.

A lot of the match comprised of non-finisher big move, pin, kick out. I hate when that is overdone. I wasn't talking about finishers.

Also speaking of best matches this year, Ibushi vs TJ Perkins at CWC is up there.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:38 pm

M99 wrote:I said its a spotfest compared to their MITB match. MITB match was a classic, had amazing storytelling in it.

A lot of the match comprised of non-finisher big move, pin, kick out. I hate when that is overdone. I wasn't talking about finishers.

Also speaking of best matches this year, Ibushi vs TJ Perkins at CWC is up there.

I thought you didn't like that match hmm (MITB)

Although i'd argue most of those non-finisher big moves is no different to any other great match tbh.

All of them have had them, well since the Attitude Era anyway.

Still haven't watched Ibushi vs TJ Perkins btw Laughing I missed the end of the CWC while on holiday, Ibushi vs Alexander was brilliant though. Doesn't surprise me though, Ibushi is one of the best if not the best in ring guy in the world.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Yeah, most people say Ibushi is second to Styles as the best wrestler in the world. WWE tried everything to sign him to a contract, full time schedule, part time schedule, NXT but he rejected all of them.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:46 pm

I saw his quotes Laughing Nakamura is right about him tbh, he's strange guy lol.

But have to respect that the money doesn't matter to him and didn't feel comfortable leaving Japan.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:42 am

Charlotte is starting to grow on me, I'm enjoying her work. Jericho needs the title ASAP, best thing in WWE atm.

Ambrose and AJ killed Cena ffs

Ambrose is the 2nd best promo after Jericho. What a run he's been having since MITB. :bow:
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:05 pm

The Official WWE Thread - Part 29 - Page 35 GWHGQPQ
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:09 pm

So they want to buy ROH content then? i'm not surprised considering CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles and so on came from there but i'm not sure they'll find it that difficult to buy them out.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:31 pm

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4opmox

Best NJPW match this year so far, prolly overall MOTY.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:17 am

Watching some of the non-big feuds, I actually like heath slater and Rhyno as a tag team. I think WWE have done well with those 2. Never thought I'd say that.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:38 am

Slater got over so fast Laughing

But yeah i agree, all the title match feuds have been built really well IMO on Smackdown. There's multiple layers to most of them, even the tag team scene has Usos who i love as heels basically taking out American Alpha to get a title shot.

Even Bray and Orton is being built well, the problem is nobody actually believes Bray has a chance of winning Laughing They'd be a shit tonne of investment if there was a possibility of it going either way.

Not that i don't like Orton, but it would just be nice to see Bray win for once Laughing even the Carmella and Nikki feud has been tbh, i just don't care about it lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:50 am

Slater was always well liked. Even in the 3MB days. But like with most talents, WWE had no idea what to do with him. He's finally re-emerged which is nice.

I really can't see a way back for Bray without him being repackaged. After Orton buries him, what's he going to do?

I love Nikki so I don't mind that feud
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:14 am

Bray doesn't have many wins in PPVs but this time he'll probably beat Orton in No Mercy and then Randy buries him at the HIAC PPV.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:47 am

Pedram wrote:Bray doesn't have many wins in PPVs but this time he'll probably beat Orton in No Mercy and then Randy buries him at the HIAC PPV.

HIAC is RAW only. Next SD PPV is Survivor Series which is a supershow with RAW and will be 4 hours.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:01 am

Speaking of, how soon will we see SD vs RAW feuds?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:07 am

Bray doesn't need repackaging, he still gets great reactions and that's all that matters.

It's not like his lack of wins have caused people to stop liking him, his issue is he doesn't get enough wins which is a very easily corrected issue.

There's definitely a way back for him, not to mention he's 28 years old lol as soon as they decide they want him to start winning he'll look like a star it's just a question of timing.

I mean Heath Slater was a jobber for lyfe, things change very quickly when they decide to.

Important thing is Bray is very young, they like him a lot (seriously)  they wouldn't be given the guy extended promo time every week for like 4 years if they didn't. They don't let people they don't trust cut promos/get extended TV time because these shows cost a lot of money to produce it just doesn't happen.

He'll be fine, I should also be remembered that before Ambrose won MITB similar things were said on here about him lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:42 pm

Bray needs less supernatural crap, and the / a new family of followers. He's 10x more of a threat with people following him around and it's an easy way to introduce new people in to the main roster.

WWE apparently do like him, but if they wanna wait another 5 years until they pull the trigger on him then people will have already tuned off and won't give a shit.

Still can't believe he didn't win that Cena feud and Harper & Rowan didn't win the tag team gold after a series of great matches against the boosos. Literally those 2 things alone would have established them as threats to the main event.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:47 pm

Agree with Tom.

Although I don't trust WWE with the group dynamic lol, they just use it as an excuse to put over someone as a super hero and make everyone in the group look bad.

Honestly I wouldn't even mind if they book him in a feud with Miz to win the IC title for a while to establish himself again and once he's clearly needed in the main event go from there.

I'd also like them to build the sister abigail stuff into a story line but I'm not even sure they are even considering that.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next