How could i forget about the prestigious Intertoto cup Laughing

zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

UEFA Champions League Revamp - Page 4 Empty Re: UEFA Champions League Revamp

Post by Luca Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:00 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:
Adit wrote:Boo hoo... Serie A can't  win it back so they changed the rules Laughing

More scrubs in cl
Worst serious post I've ever had the misfortune of seeing in my lifetime.
UEFA Champions League Revamp - Page 4 Homer10

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:01 pm

rofl
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:03 pm

ffs Luca rofl

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:03 pm

zizzle wrote:
S wrote:
zizzle wrote:You cant argue with math doe

Indeed you can't (:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UEFA_club_competition_winners

How could i forget about the prestigious Intertoto cup Laughing

You can't argue with math doe (:

Also let's not forget how strong UEFA Cup was back then. If we had the same format till today, treble winning Bayern and Barcelona sides would be competing in the EL.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:05 pm

Cant believe we had 6 shots at the super cup and never win it once.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:07 pm

That UEFA cup was the shit in the 90s early 2000s, and i know because we spent a lot of time competing in it
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:10 pm

zizzle wrote:That UEFA cup was the shit in the 90s early 2000s, and i know because we spent a lot of time competing in it

Juve won it twice before the CL got expanded and rebranded which was what caused UEFA Cup to become weaker.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:11 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Adit is making some good points, there's really no need for these personal attacks.

What's going on in this forum, when did we turn to a YouTube comment section?

Good points Laughing

He obnoxiously claims that they made the rule because Serie A was unable to catch up. Despite the fact that Serie A is closing in on the PL's lead and can overtake them this year. Apart from Man City every PL team that qualified to the CL, has a R16 exit written all over those teams. Unless the draw is generous, the likes of Spurs, Arsenal, and Leicester won't make it much further than the likes of Napoli and Roma. And as far as I'm aware, the general consensus is that the PL teams don't take Europa League seriously, so I don't think we'll see any massive improvements from the PL. Unless, United takes the Europa League seriously, then maybe we will, but we can't make that judgment until the first few EL games.

Serie A had one of it's worst years last year and it did worse than the PL, but it still managed to reduce the lead, due to the removal of the 2011/2012 season.

He claims PL is only going to improve, which is true, but he totally ignores what's going on in Italy. Milan and Inter have both been bought by the Chinese this summer, which will mean investments will come in, and both teams will massively improve. He also ignores that Juve has become a powerhouse and that Roma and Napoli are making shrewd signings which, if the draw is generous, will at least make them regular R16 teams.

His only legitimate point is how bad the 3rd placed teams do in qualifications. The simple truth is that Serie A's 3rd placed teams were worse than England, Germany, and Spain's 4th placed teams. It's no surprise that the last time a Serie A team won in the qualification round was Milan vs PSV in 2013. The league was in a decline, but now it's improving, and we are going to see some big changes in the next two seasons due to the reasons I mentioned above. And of course there are other reasons such as physical preparations, season start dates, smaller teams losing their best players, but Serie A teams lost because they were worse. Despite all of that, in the past few seasons, they are in the process of catching up to England.

So yeah, if someone is going to make idiotic posts, in which they poorly back up their points despite there being overwhelming evidence against said posts, then there is no reason not to call them out.

Urban pls.

Last edited by Casciavit on Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:12 pm

Sri wrote:So you're saying 17 years of consistency in CL qualification doesn't count? Sad

That's like saying you took a hot woman out on 17 dates but never got past hanging out the coffee shop, and only once got to her apartment but didn't get your penis wet VS a guy that's only dated the girl a few times put got his penis wet a few of those times.

Easy to see who did better on those dates.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:15 pm

windkick wrote:
Sri wrote:So you're saying 17 years of consistency in CL qualification doesn't count? Sad

That's like saying you took a hot woman out on 17 dates but never got past hanging out the coffee shop, and only once got to her apartment but didn't get your penis wet VS a guy that's only dated the girl a few times put got his penis wet a few of those times.

UEFA Champions League Revamp - Page 4 Jon-snow-sad-gif

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:16 pm

In EPL, It's:
-  Liverpool
-  Man U
-  Chelsea
-  Arsenal
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:18 pm

The main thing here is he's talking as though Serie A's inability to catch up has forced UEFA to make this decision. I mean Serie A as a league has been terrible in Europe for quite a while so why should one bad year suddenly force UEFA to make a change ? Not to mention the league is in a bad state financially for some time compared to the billion pound EPL and we all know UEFA follows the money.

The only logical conclusion here is they faced the risk of the most popular richest league in the world losing a CL spot hence they had to make a change. Not the other way round. It only happens that Serie A is also rewarded in the process because you gotta keep the consistency.

Last edited by S on Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:19 pm

Casciavit wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:Adit is making some good points, there's really no need for these personal attacks.

Good points Laughing

He obnoxiously claims that they made the rule because Serie A was unable to catch up. Despite the fact that Serie A is closing in on the PL's lead and can overtake them this year. Apart from Man City every PL team that qualified to the CL, has a R16 exit written all over those teams. Unless the draw is generous, the likes of Spurs, Arsenal, and Leicester won't make it much further than the likes of Napoli and Roma. And as far as I'm aware, the general consensus is that the PL teams don't take Europa League seriously, so I don't think we'll see any massive improvements from the PL. Unless, United takes the Europa League seriously, then maybe we will, but we can't make that judgment until the first few EL games.

Serie A had one of it's worst years last year and it did worse than the PL, but it still managed to reduce the lead, due to the removal of the 2011/2012 season.

He claims PL is only going to improve, which is true, but he totally ignores what's going on in Italy. Milan and Inter have both been bought by the Chinese this summer, which will mean investments will come in, and both teams will massively improve. He also ignores that Juve has become a powerhouse and that Roma and Napoli are making shrewd signings which, if the draw is generous, will at least make them regular R16 teams.

His only legitimate point is how bad the 3rd placed teams do in qualifications. The simple truth is that Serie A's 3rd placed teams were worse than England, Germany, and Spain's 4th placed teams. It's no surprise that the last time a Serie A team won in the qualification round was Milan vs PSV in 2013. The league was in a decline, but now it's improving, and we are going to see some big changes in the next two seasons due to the reasons I mentioned above. And of course there are other reasons such as physical preparations, season start dates, smaller teams losing their best players, but Serie A teams lost because they were worse. Despite all of that, in the past few seasons, they are in the process of catching up to England.

So yeah, if someone is going to make idiotic posts, in which they poorly back up their points despite there being overwhelming evidence against said posts, then there is no reason not to call them out.

Urban pls.

Nice post, this is what I want I'd like to see more of.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:20 pm

In Bundi:
- Bayern
- Borussia Mönchengladbach
- Dortmund
- Hamburg/Leverkusen/Frankfurt

Spain:
- Real Madrid
- Barca
- Valencia
- Atletico Madrid
- Sevilla
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:22 pm

Sri wrote:
windkick wrote:

Spoiler:
I'm actually a closet Gooner, so it hurt to write that analogy :T
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:22 pm

@Casci. Even with investment, a club cannot reach past a certain level without stadium renovations and cutting edge marketing. So Milan and Inter need to show an actual project to go with the investment. Getting a good investor is only the first step...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:31 pm

I'm sure that marketing will be immense in asia for both the Milan teams. I mean, Milan is backed by the Chinese government now, no doubt they are gonna exploit that market. The Italian supercup is already played in Asia even. Marketing is more than covered.

The stadium for Inter or Milan will probably take 100 years though Laughing . Its just too much of a mess and a tug of war for the Giuseppe Meazza.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:46 pm

Actually this has nothing to do with the Coefficient and such, its a compromise between UEFA and the big clubs that wanted to break out and form a super league.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:33 pm

Isn't Milan making a state of art stadium? I small some pretty dope concepts of the stadium last year, I remember it being small but that's ok it would always be jam packed
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:35 pm

Berlu scrapped the project at the last minute
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:05 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Casciavit wrote:

Good points Laughing

Urban pls.

Nice post, this is what I want I'd like to see more of.

So he's proven that Adit was talking utter nonsense then and proven that what you agreed on was utter drivel as well and your retort is that?

Unbelievable.

Also Casc pretty much schooled u in that ribery thread and you had no response once again. People write long posts and there is no response and then wonder why this forum has less traffic and old posters are going away. I't because of BS like this.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:09 pm

I would like you to get back to topic, please!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:18 pm

rwo power wrote:I would like you to get back to topic, please!

If people post BS, are called out they should respond or at least admit defeat. Too many people ghost out when they have been made to look foolish. Can't be having people post detailed posts and having subpar responses or no admission of wrong.

You saying this is just discouraging debate. This forum is descending into just banter with very little football discussed. When it is discussed and people post drivel noone is allowed to call them out.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:21 pm

jibers wrote:
rwo power wrote:I would like you to get back to topic, please!

If people post BS, are called out they should respond or at least admit defeat. Too many people ghost out when they have been made to look foolish. Can't be having people post detailed posts and having subpar responses or no admission of wrong.

You saying this is just discouraging debate. This forum is descending into just banter with very little football discussed. When it is discussed and people post drivel noone is allowed to call them out.

Honestly, I can't disagree. If you write long posts and you get short replies which either A- make no sense when it comes to the OG point being made or B- given a troll response, it's kind of discouraging lol.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:22 pm

And here I thought that's why we only post banter and keep the actual discussions for the chat hmm
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next