halamadrid2
Firenze
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Jay29
Nishankly
57 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 2

Post by Casciavit Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:24 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
Casciavit wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Calma pretty much no one other than a select few didn't think they'd win the league. Pretty much everyone was drinking the PL is competitive koolaid.

Although isn't about Pep more so the ridiculousness of Pep fanboys apparently going mad when they were only reacting to the haters ridiculous pre season claims.

I mean pretty much everyone didn't think they would win it on here lol(even Cas smh disappointed tbh) did you expect them to react any different?

Although I can't wait for GL to call them a great team when they started the season they wasn't good enough Proud

I just thought it would take them longer to adapt to his system. I had no idea they would look this good after 2 months. I was expecting a slower tempo, slower passes, and inconsistent positioning, but that hasn't been the case at all.

They're still missing Bravo, Kompany, Gundogan, and Sane, yet they look like a Pep team after 2 months. I do believe that they will enter a slump later on in the season, but so far they've looked great.
It's not like they were playing hoofball under Pellegrini. More or less, it was still a possession oriented gamestyle which shouldn't be too tough for Pep to improve.

For them to really peak they need some quality players, though. I'm sure in maybe 2 years they'll be beasting the ball as usual Pep teams do.

I don't disagree with that. We'll see his best team in his 3rd season. I just expected more horizontal passes and a just generally slower tempo. For 2 months in, they look better than I expected.

Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 2

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:26 pm

Clichy is awful
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:26 pm

expect city to nick one more at least on the counter

hammers come on ffs
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:28 pm

Casciavit wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
Casciavit wrote:

I just thought it would take them longer to adapt to his system. I had no idea they would look this good after 2 months. I was expecting a slower tempo, slower passes, and inconsistent positioning, but that hasn't been the case at all.

They're still missing Bravo, Kompany, Gundogan, and Sane, yet they look like a Pep team after 2 months. I do believe that they will enter a slump later on in the season, but so far they've looked great.
It's not like they were playing hoofball under Pellegrini. More or less, it was still a possession oriented gamestyle which shouldn't be too tough for Pep to improve.

For them to really peak they need some quality players, though. I'm sure in maybe 2 years they'll be beasting the ball as usual Pep teams do.

I don't disagree with that. We'll see his best team in his 3rd season. I just expected more horizontal passes and a just generally slower tempo. For 2 months in, they look better than I expected.

They're not really good though, yet. Can't control the game well, still too much hoofing the ball away under pressure in all kinds of situation, Caballero is terrible at passing (surely the only reason he gets to stay ahead of Hart is because he's politically harmless as a bench player).

Pep can't be happy with what he's seeing.
That he's having an enormous impact on the quality and look of their performance already is natural, it's what he does.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:31 pm

I don't rate Nolito. Looks awful.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:34 pm

Nasri Laughing

Didn't know that dude was still playing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:36 pm

Nasri is buried under a couple of year of meh performances and terrible press, but he's not at all a bad player per se.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:38 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Casciavit wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:

They're not really good though, yet. Can't control the game well, still too much hoofing the ball away under pressure in all kinds of situation, Caballero is terrible at passing (surely the only reason he gets to stay ahead of Hart is because he's politically harmless as a bench player).

That he's having an enormous impact on the quality and look of their performance already is natural, it's what he does.

I'm just looking at their performance for a team that has been learning his style for 2 months. Hell, most of the starting players have only been learning it for a month. Yes, they have a long way to go, but early signs suggest they're picking it up faster than expected. That's all I'm saying lol. Do you think they're bad for a team who has only been learning his style for a month or two?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:40 pm

legit thought for Second when did Pep signed Sharon stone Laughing

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:42 pm

nasri almost ffs
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:47 pm

Nasri Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:47 pm

City finishing is awful.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:48 pm

Wasteful from City right now
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:49 pm

Casciavit wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
Casciavit wrote:

I'm just looking at their performance for a team that has been learning his style for 2 months. Hell, most of the starting players have only been learning it for a month. Yes, they have a long way to go, but early signs suggest they're picking it up faster than expected. That's all I'm saying lol. Do you think they're bad for a team who has only been learning his style for a month or two?

Yeah well maybe our difference is that I'm not of the opinion that it takes so incredibly long for a team to implement a manager's style, not even one like Guardiola.

What's more, Pep brings an intensitiy to his coaching that translates to the players instantly.

Also, these are international players that have played for the Spanish NT, Argentine etc, these are not some football illiterates. I'd even argued that they have been anticipating playing and working under him and surely have made themselves ready for it.

Also the narrative of Bayern taking months, years, to implement Pep's style is absolute bollocks.
We more or less played his style, successfully, from match day one of his first season. As do City, to a slightly lesser extent.
What changed in year two and three of Pep is actually that Pep kept changing up his style, not our team's implementation fo some fixed Pep style.

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:50 pm

3-1 sterling
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:50 pm

RAHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMM STERRRLLLINNNGGGGGG
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:51 pm

Aguero might be in trouble. 3 game ban if FA takes action on that elbow
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:53 pm

Sterling scoring for fun under Pep ffs didnt know this player could be revived but the great master proves me wrong once again
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:54 pm

Really warms my heart to see all these Barca fans watching City. We are all one boys Proud

Pep Guardiola :bow: :bow: :bow:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:55 pm

RealGunner wrote:Aguero might be in trouble. 3 game ban if FA takes action on that elbow

yup English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 2 - Page 21 Rejoice
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:57 pm

RealGunner wrote:Aguero might be in trouble. 3 game ban if FA takes action on that elbow

Will take away from the derby but he should be suspended agreed.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:59 pm

CBarca wrote:Really warms my heart to see all these Barca fans watching City. We are all one boys Proud

Pep Guardiola :bow: :bow: :bow:

I have to get u early to watch these games Proud
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:00 pm

Agreed. I saw a bit of that incident, very stupid from Aguero.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:11 pm

Firenze wrote:

yup English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 2 - Page 21 Rejoice

Cant see it happening because that will be a right thing to happen.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:18 pm

Looks like this year's set to be one borefest pl season. 3 teams running away with it. Perhaps 4th place race might be the only interesting thing.

Or maybe not...
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:46 pm

S wrote:Looks like this year's set to be one borefest pl season. 3 teams running away with it. Perhaps 4th place race might be the only interesting thing.

Or maybe not...

but...but....muh competitiveness...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next