rwo power
Warrior
M99
Winter is Coming
Mr Nick09
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ballon D'Or and FiFA WPOY format will return - Page 2 Empty Re: Ballon D'Or and FiFA WPOY format will return

Post by titosantill Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:01 pm

whilst i thought sneijder not being in the top 3 was a little harsh...i can't say with a straight face that he was the best or most brilliant player that year. if he had gotten it, fine, i won't have said he didn't deserve it. but him not getting it, i don't think was as big a 'crime' as many have made it out to be

titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Ballon D'Or and FiFA WPOY format will return - Page 2 Empty Re: Ballon D'Or and FiFA WPOY format will return

Post by Curtinho Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:45 pm

lol this is all stat counting revisionist history. Sneijder was absolutely deserving of the Ballon d'Or that year. He is the definition of a big game player, but he's a midfielder not a forward. He's never been overly prolific, except in the Eredivisie, and he pulls the strings from midfield (but in the calendar year of 2010 he won the treble, silver at the World Cup, scored 14 goals and made 20 assists). If you have a chance to go back and watch that team Sneijder controls everything, and everything goes through him. The fact that he won the treble and really should have won the WC (I curse Robben to this day) and was the most important player in both of those exploits (lol, Milito was a great finisher but had nowhere near the overall impact Sneijder brought, delusion).

Xavi was better than Iniesta though. It probably should have been something like:

1) Sneijder
2) Xavi
3) Messi

But anyway. It's over.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:38 pm

After six years of partnership where three colleges (captains, coaches and journalists) elected the Golden Ball, the rules will change somewhat for the appointment of 2016. This recipient will be elected, as before, by a jury journalists worldwide. This return to an appointment via a single college comes with some new features:

1- The vote will be determined from a list of thirty players against twenty-three in previous editions.
2- The intermediate step to announce the three finalists will be deleted.
3- The winner and the complete ranking will be announced before the end of the calendar year.

http://www.francefootball.fr/news/Voici-les-nouvelles-regles-et-les-nouveaux-amenagements-du-ballon-d-or-france-football/728964
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:55 am

This does not apply to this years award I hope, was still hoping there is time left for MEssi to catch up to Ronaldo in the latter stages of the year....
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:38 pm

It's interesting that FF mention that the award will be given before the end of the year. Surely this means that the Ballon d'Or will be awarded in December 2016, and that the FIFA World Player of the Year will be awarded in January 2017?

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:32 pm

Why is it interesting? The BDO has always been awarded before the end of the year, sometimes in November scratch
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:40 pm

jibers wrote:Why is it interesting? The BDO has always been awarded before the end of the year, sometimes in November scratch
I thought the change would be implemented for next year, not this one.

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum