RealGunner
Tomwin Lannister
M99
24 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 24 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Jonathan28 Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:06 am

First week UK sales of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare are out, and they're down 48.4% from Black Op 3's first week sales, meaning that Infinite Warfare has the lowest first week sales of the series since COD 4.

[Week 45, 2007] CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE (ACTIVISION) < 215,000 / NEW
[Week 46, 2008] CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 430,000 / NEW
[Week 46, 2009] CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 2 (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 1,600,000 / NEW
[Week 45, 2010] CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 1,800,000 / NEW
[Week 45, 2011] CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 3 (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 1,773,000 / NEW
[Week 46, 2012] CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 1,386,000 / NEW
[Week 45, 2013] CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 690,000 / NEW
[Week 45, 2014] CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 730,000 / NEW
[Week 45, 2015] CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS III (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 635,000 / NEW
[Week 45, 2016] CALL OF DUTY: INFINITE WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 328,000 / NEW

NOTE:This does NOT mean that Infinite Warfare is a bomb, it will still be among the top selling games this winter, but comparing it to other sales in the series, the drop is really, really bad. The series really lost a lot of sales during the generational transition, and it doesn't seem like it will recover anytime soon.

Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:02 am

Good. Should teach them we don't want any *bleep* futuristic cod games. And they can keep the supply drops for themself.

All they need to release is MW2:R and i'm never buying a new cod. MW:R will keep me occupied in the meantime.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:13 am

Hopefully it's the case, but i wouldn't take much from UK retail sales.

Mainly because retail sales are non existent here, no one does it anymore.

Also we are a small country so the sales will always be very small, if you sell more than 2m over here it's impressive and FIFA pretty much dominates the market.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:25 am

Proud
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:26 am

UK is the second biggest after US in the gaming world.

Activision knew this would happen that's why they put MW:R with IW. Imagine if they didn't Laughing
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:39 am

LeVersacci wrote:UK is the second biggest after US in the gaming world.

Define bigger.

Besides we are a small country, even if the percentage is high it won't mean much.

As i said nobody buys retail here anymore and this chart only tracks retail, also as i said very few games chart above 2m in the UK which would be laughable in the US lol.

Also Japan are much bigger than us even if you ignore all of this.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:56 am

In terms of sales of gaming UK is the second biggest after US. Retail or not this is another sign of how bad IW is doing. The pre order for the game in US was extremly low aswell.

Why do you think they put MW:R in the IW disc? Beacuse they knew this would happen and if they didn't, the game would sell even less.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:03 pm

China and Japan are significantly bigger markets for gaming than the UK. Unless you mean just about Call of Duty, in which case its probably more popular in the UK.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:05 pm

UK is bigger than Japan and is a better metric, Japanese don't even buy Western games most of the time, thats why they do so bad
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:08 pm

LeVersacci wrote:In terms of sales of gaming UK is the second biggest after US.

Yeah it's not though, percentage in terms of the overall populace maybe but that's meaningless when you consider the overall size of the place.

Both Germany and Japan sell more, the country is just too small. As i said it's rare when games sell over 2m here and 2m is *bleep* all when most successful games will sell close to or over 10m easy.

In terms of development and history we probably are yeah, but sales nah because of the overall size of the country.

Plus as i said most people don't buy retail anymore in the UK, the majority of people who buy games in this country won't appear on this list so it's a very relevant starting point.

I understand you want to believe this so much and it might tank in sales compared to previous years but in general this is pretty meaningless.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:28 pm

Laughing
How did this even become a discussion? It's not a matter that can be discussed. The UK either is the 2nd biggest market or it's not - post sources and be done with it.
Really not a topic I care much about so I just post the first result I found using google and that puts UK on 6th: https://www.statista.com/statistics/308454/gaming-revenue-countries/
Considering it's the only source in this discussion I guess I win hmm
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:53 pm

I'm going to ignore the size of the market thing because the UK is in the top 2-3 biggest console markets regardless(when you add PC and mobile I think China and others are bigger), but I need to pull up Mole on his point about no one buying retail because it makes no sense, like, wtf do you mean by that? By retail do you mean in store? The charts track all physical sales, whether they come from in store or were ordered online so if thats what you're referring too then its irrelevant.

If by no one buying retail you meant that no one buys physical then you're still wrong, like hilariously so. Unlike on the PC,  physical still makes up the vast, vast, VAST majority of sales on consoles, especially here in the UK where our digital console prices are a massive rip off.

On the COD sales, the performance of a game in the UK market is usually reflective of its performance eleswhere. I can't think of a single game that performed well in the UK but bombed in US, or vice versa, maybe with the exception of some Japanese games since yanks seem to be more into that shit than we are.

CODS performance in the UK will be mirrored elsewhere, that is for certain, the talk about less preorders than ever should have made that obvious.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:35 pm

Jonathan28 wrote:First week UK sales of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare are out, and they're down 48.4% from Black Op 3's first week sales, meaning that Infinite Warfare has the lowest first week sales of the series since COD 4.

[Week 45, 2007] CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE (ACTIVISION) < 215,000 / NEW
[Week 46, 2008] CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 430,000 / NEW
[Week 46, 2009] CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 2 (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 1,600,000 / NEW
[Week 45, 2010] CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 1,800,000 / NEW
[Week 45, 2011] CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 3 (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 1,773,000 / NEW
[Week 46, 2012] CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 1,386,000 / NEW
[Week 45, 2013] CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 690,000 / NEW
[Week 45, 2014] CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 730,000 / NEW
[Week 45, 2015] CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS III (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 635,000 / NEW
[Week 45, 2016] CALL OF DUTY: INFINITE WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 328,000 / NEW

NOTE:This does NOT mean that Infinite Warfare is a bomb, it will still be among the top selling games this winter, but comparing it to other sales in the series, the drop is really, really bad. The series really lost a lot of sales during the generational transition, and it doesn't seem like it will recover anytime soon.

Muy bien.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:56 pm

Jonathan28 wrote:I'm going to ignore the size of the market thing because the UK is in the top 2-3 biggest console markets regardless(when you add PC and mobile I think China and others are bigger), but I need to pull up Mole on his point about no one buying retail because it makes no sense, like, wtf do you mean by that? By retail do you mean in store? The charts track all physical sales, whether they come from in store or were ordered online so if thats what you're referring too then its irrelevant.

If by no one buying retail you meant that no one buys physical then you're still wrong, like hilariously so. Unlike on the PC,  physical still makes up the vast, vast, VAST majority of sales on consoles, especially here in the UK where our digital console prices are a massive rip off.

On the COD sales, the performance of a game in the UK market is usually reflective of its performance eleswhere. I can't think of a single game that performed well in the UK but bombed in US, or vice versa, maybe with the exception of some Japanese games since yanks seem to be more into that shit than we are.

CODS performance in the UK will be mirrored elsewhere, that is for certain, the talk about less preorders than ever should have made that obvious.

Except i'm not wrong, i don't the specifics i remember reading a report on NeoGAF that people buying games at retail ( unsure if it's just online retail, high street or both) are massively down.

I agree with you that it shouldn't make sense because the prices are a rip off but those are the facts.

http://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2016/10/is-the-uk-gaming-business-going-the-same-way-as-music

this is the best i could find right now, if i find better i'll post it.

https://www.videogamer.com/news/july-was-worst-ever-month-for-uk-games-retail

It's only based on July but it gives you an idea of where the industry in the country is going, honestly retail isn't a good indication of sales in this country anymore.

MOAR

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/uk-games-retail-suffers-disappointing-2015-as-software-sales-tumble-6/0160895

zigra wrote:Laughing
How did this even become a discussion? It's not a matter that can be discussed. The UK either is the 2nd biggest market or it's not - post sources and be done with it.
Really not a topic I care much about so I just post the first result I found using google and that puts UK on 6th: https://www.statista.com/statistics/308454/gaming-revenue-countries/
Considering it's the only source in this discussion I guess I win hmm

Yes because we are a small country compared to the rest, if you were to base it on per million people buying games then we probably would be 2nd yes.

But considering how small we are compared to the likes of Japan and others it means our revenue streams lag behind even if on average we are a big market.

Us being 6th doesn't surprise me in the slightest, there's just more people in other countries lol. Higher population = more people = more revenue.

Not exactly rocket science.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:01 pm

Hope IW flops globally

So many rumours that reviewers are being paid so they don't give it anything less than an 8.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:27 pm

Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:10 pm

LeVersacci wrote:Good. Should teach them we don't want any *bleep* futuristic cod games. And they can keep the supply drops for themself.

All they need to release is MW2:R and i'm never buying a new cod. MW:R will keep me occupied in the meantime.

I'd agree with you ffs but you and everybody else who dropped like 70 quid to get half a COD4 remake are feeding them and telling them it's ok to do it. Should've stuck to your guns and gave them nothing.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:36 pm

You can already get IW for 37€

General Games Discussion - Page 24 471e0a11dd9a8d591cc18749da68bf28
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:32 am

http://kotaku.com/a-look-back-on-metal-gear-risings-last-boss-who-wanted-1788664025?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

@ES
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:05 am

I don't really follow COD, but isn't the new COD being released alongside a remaster of Modern Warfare? Battlefield one also came out at the end of October.

That sounds like a pretty large so it's likely a legitimate downturn (which isn't surprising tbh and matches what I see and hear about the new COD's in my personal experience), but for the aforementioned reasons, shouldn't they expect a downturn in sales of IW? Wouldn't be surprised if they released remastered Modern Warfare to make up for it and are probably doing just fine between the two of them.

Again, my info could be wrong, I don't particularly care about the COD series, Halo was always way better Smile
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:23 am

Phritz wrote:You can already get IW for 37€

General Games Discussion - Page 24 471e0a11dd9a8d591cc18749da68bf28

That's the version that comes without Modern Warfare: Remastered. AKA, the version no one cares about.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:30 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:
LeVersacci wrote:Good. Should teach them we don't want any *bleep* futuristic cod games. And they can keep the supply drops for themself.

I'd agree with you ffs but you and everybody else who dropped like 70 quid to get half a COD4 remake are feeding them and telling them it's ok to do it. Should've stuck to your guns and gave them nothing.

Dude, people have been thirsting for a CoD game that doesn't have anything to do with flying over hovering for about half a decade already Razz Obviously, people are going to buy it even if they are aware of Activision's scheme to bundle the two games together, in order to compensate for Infinite Warfare's predictably negative reception. They're tired of waiting. Modern Warfare 2 probably won't be remastered until I'm in my damn 30s.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:01 pm

You know it's bad when IGN doesn't give a CoD 9/10

7.7. and on the IGN scale that's like a normal 3/10.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:30 pm

They probably didn't pay them this time.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:43 pm

Still, moaning about cod ignoring their fan base on one hand then spending extra money for an edition with a 10 year old game with like 10 maps remastered is hurting your entire point in the long run. I bought every damn cod even shitty ghosts but this one was a step too far. If more people done the same thing then we wouldn't be getting a basic old cod game bundled on to a shit new one, we'd be getting this gens version of MW.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:47 pm

Exactly.

You gotta show your rage by not getting out your wallet tbh.

It's the only language these greedy corporations understand, last CoD i paid full price for was Black Ops 1 lol.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next