RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
M99
silver
20 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 30 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 30

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:35 am

M99 wrote:Was watching RAW for a bit because I saw Jericho was on and Reigns kicked out of a superkick from Owens+Codebreaker combo...

Yeah done with this shit.

rofl Just going off Twitter Raw sounds terrible tbh, doubt I'll even bother with highlights.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 30 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 30

Post by S Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:55 am

An accurate description of how wwe treat Reigns. I'm sure to this day, wrestlers would be told to do the exact same thing. 'Whatever you do, make sure you make Roman look strong' !!
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:50 pm

Skipped to the end of RAW to see the main event, turned out to be a divas segment. Thought there was a part missing or something at first until the RAW ending logo showed. Dat 0 star power. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:57 pm

Star power has *bleep* all to do with it tbh.

They are just pushing this feud, i doubt they are bigger draws than the men Laughing

Will never understand that thought process, they don't push the women on Smackdown like that so are you telling me Smackdown has more star power?

There's reasons why they do it but it's not the lack of star power at all, they are just desperate to get the feud over even though it isn't working because as Roman Reigns proves shoving things down your viewers throats doesn't work.

In fact they have gone on last with Goldberg/Lesnar on the show lol, so that immediately negates the star power being the reason they are pushing it completely.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:09 pm

Apparently Charlotte/Sasha gets the highest ratings on RAW nowadays according to Meltzer.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:19 pm

There's plenty of reasons for that tbh, mainly because they are consistently given main event slots and allowed to have PPV level matches on Raw and usually it delivers.

It doesn't actually mean anything IMO and i stand by what i said. Don't see why if Rollins, Reigns, Owens etc etc weren't ending the show all the time and putting on quality work they wouldn't switch position.

Can't remember the last time Owens ended the show outside of that great main event where Jericho came down in a Sin Cara mask lol.

Numbers like these are usually a result of opportunity more than anything else tbh, also as much as we all hate how Reigns is positioned i wouldn't be surprised if when he was champion if he was in the highest rated segments because they are the most important segments that's all it means really.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:51 pm

Have to admit though RAW does lack star power. The likes of Reigns, Rollins, Owens etc are meh at best. Can't imagine divas main eventing back in the day with the likes of prime Austin, Rock, Taker, Foley, Kane and HHH all on top.

When the main event scene sucks pretty much anyone can slot into a main event spot imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:52 pm

Kenny Omega has been teasing that a new member of The Bullet Club will be revealed this week, calling the new member "a monster that devours all competition."

New Japan Pro Wrestling later revealed that the new member would be introduced at the NJPW World Tag League finals on Friday.

The new member to be revealed is Cody Rhodes, according to PWInsider. Rhodes just turned heel at ROH's Final Battle pay-per-view with a win over Jay Lethal.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/1205/620026/spoiler-on-the-bullet-club-adding-a-new-member/
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:33 pm

Onyx wrote:Have to admit though RAW does lack star power. The likes of Reigns, Rollins, Owens etc are meh at best. Can't imagine divas main eventing back in the day with the likes of prime Austin, Rock, Taker, Foley, Kane and HHH all on top.

When the main event scene sucks pretty much anyone can slot into a main event spot imo.

Trish and Lita main evented with Jericho, HHH, HBK and Batista under them tbf.

Also i don't deny there's a lack of star power, we all know this and we all know their neglect of building up stars for the past decade is impacting the product now as well as the obvious creative issues.

But i don't believe that star power is the reason this is happening, more that they are obsessed with pushing this "revolution" and will do everything to get it over.

But like with Reigns they don't realise they more they push it the more people will resist.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:51 pm

No1 watches the crap that is RAW, I watch the highlight or read what happened & watch only if something good happens.

SD is the A show & I watch most of it on most weeks whenever I can. Sometimes I miss SD, but I never miss Talking Smack hosted by Daniel Bryan & Renee Young - Better than RAW & SD combined & by far the best wrestling talk-show that i have seen in years - Helps advance amazing storylines for SD too!

NXT is very cool, Asuka (NXT Women's champ) is better than any1 in the roster. American Alpha got called up DIY took their place & have done amazing. Revival are the best heel tag team in the planet. DIY vs Revival were classic matches & better than anything in the main-roster for years.

If you want to watch a good show watch NXT, you will see fantastic wrestlers, great entrances (Bobby Roode glorious, Nakamura violin), great mic work, etc. NXT has been gutted when so many players got called up since the brand split to fill up rosters spots & they have made up for most of it with even better quality apart from the Women (where Asuka is in a league of her own).

Just quit watching the crap what is RAW - No1 watches it.

Kenny Omega with NJPW is great, Top top guy!

Adam Cole with ROH is beyond amazing - A+ in Charisma, mic work, in-ring ability, story telling etc - He is a star if there was one!

I hope they call up Nakamura, Samoa Joe, Revival, Asuka, Bobby Roode etc soon to the main-roster!

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:58 pm

Maybe AJ will main-event. He is amazing in the ring, possibly the best now. But WWE didn't want Bryan to main-event & he is by far possibly the greatest wrestler ever - Revolutionized wrestling & by far one of the most over ever (on the level of Stone Cold, Rock etc).

I don't like AJ's heel mic work - He is okay but not amazing. Ambrose for one is a born heel forced to play a face. Him & Wyatt are 2 of the best mic workers in this generation. If you see Ambrose' John Moxley promos, you will feel character & promo wise he belongs in the league of Rock n Stone Cold type characters (He is a good in-ring performer but not as awesome technically & flashy in the ring as AJ who is the best). He is being held back as a face.

I am not sure who deserves to main-event at Mania but I would turn AJ Styles face. He is too popular & too damn good a wrestler to play a feel.

My ideal Mania-Event would be -

Ambrose(Heel - Champion) defends vs Cena (face - chasing a record 16th title) vs Styles (face) in a Triple Threat match!

I'm tired of the Reigns, Rollins, Owens, Jericho crap same people wrestling each other every week & no1 wants to see Superman-Reigns!

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:05 pm

I see a lot of people wanting the same thing, but i'm not sure i want AJ as a face.

However we feel about his mic skills it's a damn sight better as a heel than it is as a face. Also ignoring mic skills, his character overall is a lot more interesting as a heel than it is a face.

Maybe he proves me wrong as when he was a face before he hardly got any mic time and his character was basically limited to that cringe "redneck rookie" nonsense.

Also his in ring work isn't going to be any different whether he's face or heel, he does different moves, he reacts differently to certain things but the performance overall is still great so i don't even consider that part of it.

I agree Ambrose should be a heel though i think everyone agrees with that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:49 pm

On the subject of faces/heels, are there any good face characters around these days?

I feel like that's one of the big reasons I haven't been tuning in recently. There are so many heels doing great work at the moment, like Jericho, Miz, Owens and AJ, but I can't think of any faces that I would actually want to cheer for.

I like Rollins and Ambrose as performers, but as faces I struggle to really care about them. Reigns is pretty much a parody by this point. I liked the New Day but there stuff has gotten old, and I never got the hype around Enzo and Cass.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:58 pm

I think most popular characters these days are "cool" heels tbh lol.

Even in NXT that seems to be the case except for the tag teams, i think my outwardly cheering for someone depends on the story being told rather than heel vs face really.

For example when Cesaro and Sheamus faced the New Day i outwardly wanted them to win but i think that's mainly because New Day are stale and Cesaro and Sheamus as a team seem quite entertaining atm.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:01 pm

You've got the underdog from the underpleb who wore out his Livepool gimmick(?) real fast. But yeah, the faces are lacking, i'd like to see Nakamura who'll instantly go over. Joe coming in will just oversaturate the amount of heels, and Dolph turning heel according to reports will seal that as well.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:03 pm

I think there's a place for Joe though as he's different type of heel.

Not many serious monster types on the main roster if it all now Rusev is being involved in comedy angles smh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:29 pm

We've already got Braun as the big rising monster heel, its not like Joe is any different, plus he needs to be built up little by little, something which Braun is already doing
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:32 pm

It's less about wanting to cheer for them and more just being able to be entertained by them. I think it's the writing, mostly. Their writing for the faces makes them come across as either too try hard (crowd pandering, forced jokes, awful insults > basically everything that's wrong with Reigns' character) or too vanilla. There's a place for the vanilla face for certain storylines but I struggle to get behind Rollins and Ambrose because they just seem so unnatural and forced.

Just as an example, every face I've seen recently that feuds with Jericho always makes a comment about his fashion sense and it falls flat every time.

I hope they back Nakamura if/when he makes the step up to main roster. Have him be that goofy foreigner backstage, but don't play up the fact he's Japanese like they did with every Japanese wrestler they've had in the past.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:35 pm

ES wrote:We've already got Braun as the big rising monster heel, its not like Joe is any different, plus he needs to be built up little by little, something which Braun is already doing

Which is why he should be on Smackdown (:

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:53 pm

Cena won't be back till after Elimination Chamber apparently.

Hollywood Cena gimmick NEEDED
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:54 pm

That surprises me, i would have thought for sure he'd be in the Rumble.

At least that makes the Rumble a little less predictable which is good, as i was damn certain he was winning it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:19 pm

If Ambrose turns heel that leaves Dolph Ziggler, Kalisto and Apollo Crews as the top 3 faces of Smackdown.

So yeah, not yet Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:46 am

The WWE has confirmed today that Jerry Lawler and Amy "Lita" Dumas have been removed from regular weekly programming.

Both have been moved from full-time deals to Legends contracts and the decision was made to take them off the pre-show panels before Raw, SmackDown and PPV events.

The Lawler situation followed the pattern of Jim Ross, where, likely due to age, he was moved from Raw to SmackDown, then given a lesser role on SmackDown, and then the decision was made to remove them from regular television but keep them with the company, although Ross was later let go after controversy regarding his hosting a WWE event that went awry.

Both are still affiliated loosely with the company and may be brought back to television on the WWE Network for special occasions.

RIP Lawler, no sendoff ffs? bit disrespectful but he's a pos so don't care
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:38 am

Not watched any of it yet so don't know how Ambrose is in an IC title match against the Miz.....

https://streamable.com/noe9

JBL rofl his distain for Ellsworth is brilliant.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:09 am

Ellsworth is a goof & deserves every bit of it but his mic work & character work (Ellsworth) has been pretty good.

Nakamura shouldn't be a goofy foreigner, he should be World Champ, the guy is a star & WWE finally has a legit Asian Superstar (Khali sucked). Nakamura's charisma & presence is unmatched. I think he will get a Balor type push in the main roster.

I hope he goes to SD but he won't be called up before Mania, I think now people will get lost if called up, you will have Taker, HHH, Brock, Goldberg, Cena returning. And after Mania, there will be a draft.

I hope they keep Rusev, Reigns, Owens, Rollins in Raw doing their stale act! Don't disturb SD - It is great but has 0 depth - Just give it a Cesaro or Sami Zayn & a couple of top NXT stars like Nakamura, Joe, Bobby Roode & we will be fine!

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:33 pm

Need an Enzo and Lana live sex celebration imo. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next