JPost/Reuters report is a bit all over the place

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

North Korea - Page 2 Empty Re: North Korea

Post by Young Kaz Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:21 am

Warrior wrote:Hope he goes to hell, or whatever's the worst possible place

You'd be hard pressed to find a worse place than where he lived.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:49 am

Well i'd agree for anyone else, but not him and his family Laughing they are the only ones having fun

I watched all documentaries about North Korea on youtube i think, early 2010s it fascinates me. Crazy place. The life is so fake there, they must still revere Kim Il Sung as a god every single day, i wonder if a large % of citizens realize that it's all a theater for them.

In one documentary they visit the national war museum, all info they give is invented, like NK is about to land spaceships on the sun, that they already beat the evil americans and it's now a barren land. The models of destroyed US aircrafts were obsolete and whenever the reporter said something you could see the fear in people's eyes.

Once this masquerade is over, i'm really curious to see the reaction of North Koreans. Will they hold a grudge against all the world for letting them live this shit ? Will they feel humiliated ? Or will they want to reunite with the south ?

Gonna be interesting
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:25 am

Warrior wrote:Well i'd agree for anyone else, but not him and his family Laughing they are the only ones having fun

I watched all documentaries about North Korea on youtube i think, early 2010s it fascinates me. Crazy place. The life is so fake there, they must still revere Kim Il Sung as a god every single day, i wonder if a large % of citizens realize that it's all a theater for them.

In one documentary they visit the national war museum, all info they give is invented, like NK is about to land spaceships on the sun, that they already beat the evil americans and it's now a barren land. The models of destroyed US aircrafts were obsolete and whenever the reporter said something you could see the fear in people's eyes.

Once this masquerade is over, i'm really curious to see the reaction of North Koreans. Will they hold a grudge against all the world for letting them live this shit ? Will they feel humiliated ? Or will they want to reunite with the south ?

Gonna be interesting

I dont think his family is having all the fun when you think about it. An uncle who a few years ago was either blown up with rocket fire at best, or fed alive to dogs at worst.His oldest brother was blacklisted for trying to go to disney world, and eventually murdered in a crowded airport.An older brother closer to him in age was chastised for being weak(and gay) and on his way to a labor camp before Jong Un stepped up and protected him. He also is pretty liberal seeing as he took his little sister everywhere with him even as a kid in Europe if reports are to be believed. One of the huge reasons for her being his heir apparent now.

I dont like him, but I think hes more a person of circumstance than anything else. I think hes a fat kid who never really fit in growing up in Europe so he kept to himself with his little sister and lived vicariously through the 90's Bulls. He got back to North Korea and suddenly realized he was going to be "King" when his oldest brother turned out to be a party boy who embarrassed his dad in front of the world, and his other brother turned out to be a homosexual in a country which didnt approve. He pretty much just fit into the role by doing what the military wanted. He still showed parts of his upbringing though. The stylish Hairstyle, the love for pop stars, insisting on a woman(sis) holding power, and wanting basketball everywhere. He just would never be able to do anything outside of the military state's wishes.He even tried to reach out to south Korea as much as one could expect. I think history will remember him as a tyrant, but more so than that, a kid who was most likely in over his head from the start.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:34 am

History will remember him only as an emotional weakling. May he dissolve in acid,. He basically did nothing with his power. Met a couple times with SK president just for headlines.

His sister is just as cancerous, she pushes the propaganda and denounces SK.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:13 am

Young Kaz wrote:
Warrior wrote:Well i'd agree for anyone else, but not him and his family Laughing they are the only ones having fun

Gonna be interesting

I dont think his family is having all the fun when you think about it. An uncle who a few years ago was either blown up with rocket fire at best, or fed alive to dogs at worst.His oldest brother was blacklisted for trying to go to disney world, and eventually murdered in a crowded airport.An older brother closer to him in age was chastised for being weak(and gay) and on his way to a labor camp before Jong Un stepped up and protected him. He also is pretty liberal seeing as he took his little sister everywhere with him even as a kid in Europe if reports are to be believed. One of the huge reasons for her being his heir apparent now.

I dont like him, but I think hes more a person of circumstance than anything else. I think hes a fat kid who never really fit in growing up in Europe so he kept to himself with his little sister and lived vicariously through the 90's Bulls. He got back to North Korea and suddenly realized he was going to be "King" when his oldest brother turned out to be a party boy who embarrassed his dad in front of the world, and his other brother turned out to be a homosexual in a country which didnt approve. He pretty much just fit into the role by doing what the military wanted. He still showed parts of his upbringing though. The stylish Hairstyle, the love for pop stars, insisting on a woman(sis) holding power, and wanting basketball everywhere. He just would never be able to do anything outside of the military state's wishes.He even tried to reach out to south Korea as much as one could expect. I think history will remember him as a tyrant, but more so than that, a kid who was most likely in over his head from the start.

First of all, yeah, I don't think it's that much fun to be part of a dictatorial ruling family considering you must be afraid of being murdered by a nephew or brother lmao, crazy shit.

Then, interesting post, interesting person, as you describe.
He went to boarding school in Switzerland, didn't he? I often wondered how something like this goes about in actual daily life. Does he have friends? Is he bullied? Or is he left alone? (For some reason, the great comic book adaptation series "Deadly Class" on ScyFy comes to my mind, where there's a school where all the kids of evil people, dictators, contract killers, corporate villains, Yakuza, learn their trade Laughing Sadly there was only one season)

Is there some good books about what we know about this time of his life? Have you  read any? Find it intriguing.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:10 am

there's so much stories and little moments about people's lives (evil or good) that we'll never know about, really intriguing indeed.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:32 pm

Apparently Kim's private train has been at some resort for at least a week, maybe he's just chilling there during the corona pandemic.

I wonder is there any (hidden) desire among the "leading figures" in North Korea to do the sensible thing and start opening the country up, move towards market economy (and democracy) or are they all just desperate to accumulate as much power as possible in this fucked up system of theirs? It's a pity the people over there don't rebel.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:57 pm

I think North Korea will become a Chinese satellite-state. That will result in some economic reform and growth.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:57 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/is-the-talk-about-kim-jong-un-being-sick--or-worse--true-pyongyang-is-abuzz-too/2020/04/26/d29b9770-873e-11ea-81a3-9690c9881111_story.html

Interesting article on the American perspective of what's going on, who could replace him and what their shortcomings are. Reads like it's straight out of 1200.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun May 03, 2020 6:00 pm

soooooo he's actually alive lol
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:53 pm

Kim Jong Un issued the directive in July to round up the pets, claiming they were part of “a ‘tainted’ trend by bourgeois ideology"

https://www.foxnews.com/world/kim-jong-un-orders-pet-dogs-confiscated

But while the oppressive regime says the move is to clamp down on capitalist extravagance in Pyongyang, the dog owners are fearful that given North Korea’s food shortage — and propensity for eating dog meat — the directive has only come about to feed the masses.

Oh dear. Hope the rumors about them being used to feed the political class aren't true, but they must be really desperate if that's the case.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2