RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
CBarca
Firenze
guest7
82 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Official: Neymar signs for PSG - Page 9 Empty Re: Official: Neymar signs for PSG

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:15 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

The ball may be in PSG's court, but the only one who can dissolve his contract is Neymar himself. HE needs to pay his buy out clause. PSG can't make the transfer happen, they can only give Neymar the money to make it happen.
going to the league and stuff is too messy, barca can also just take the money because they know Neymar wants out, much classier and much simpler. And i should remind you they are the classiest of clubs

It's not messy for Barca. Barca get the money anyway, and the good thing about the buy out clause is that the whole money has to be paid at once, which of course in the case of 200+ m represents a considerable problem of liquidity and financial logistics.

Usually such deals would be spread over years and somehow cushioned into all kinds of financial shenanigans.
But this kind of affair, they have to transfer 220m in a bulk to Neymar.

Barca should in no way facilitate this.
from an image point of view i mean, and you are right, barca should in no way make it easy for PSG. And i suspect this is one of the issues PSG are running into. It's one thing to pay 100 mil now and then schedule 2-3 other payments in future years vs payment 220 mil cash. that's why they are looking at that FFP think carefully, UEFA and ready and waiting to bust them.

So it's in PSG interest to have barca accept the bid like a normal transfer... i did not think of it this way before, you are right.

It will not shock me to then see psg do a lot of loan now and buy next year type of deals

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Official: Neymar signs for PSG - Page 9 Empty Re: Official: Neymar signs for PSG

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:18 pm

WIC, Problem is, whoever comes in won't be as good as Neymar. That's a fact.

But the reason I don't want this deal to go through is because even without Neymar, their attack would still be good with Messi. And they would have 200m to strengthen their midfield.

They would lose Neymar, but they would come out stronger with a stronger midfield, a stronger defense and a Messi-led attack.

For this reason, I really hope he stays with you. Would rather have MSN with a weak midfield and defense than Suarez and Messi in attack in front of a much better midfield and defense.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:28 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:WIC,  Problem is, whoever comes in won't be as good as Neymar. That's a fact.

But the reason I don't want this deal to go through is because even without Neymar, their attack would still be good with Messi. And they would have 200m to strengthen their midfield.

They would lose Neymar, but they would come out stronger with a stronger midfield, a stronger defense and a Messi-led attack.

For this reason, I really hope he stays with you. Would rather have MSN with a weak midfield and defense than Suarez and Messi in attack in front of a much better midfield and defense.

The longer I think about it, the more I'm starting to think PSG buying out Neymar would structurally, in terms of long term stability, be the best thing to happen to Barca.

In a way, this would be some kind of deus-ex-machina saviour event for their current situation, a solution so clean cut and comprehensive they couldn't have dreamed it up or hoped for. And they don't even look like they meant to sell him Laughing

Because we know that they are in a situation where their wages are structurally too high, their board would have to resign etc and it means insecurity of governance, plus it affects their stadium plans which seem very ambitious.

And their wages are too high simply because they afford not one Cristiano Ronaldo kind of player, but two.

Neymar gets what now, 50m gross? Considering how young he is and how Barca have set the precedent of giving their superstar darling Messi a new contract every year or every other year, Neymar's wages are surely a huge problem for the future.

Because Messi and Neymar eat up so much of the wage bill, the rest of the team are made of scrubs.
It's not that the board is too stupid to realize a Denis Suarez is no Kroos, or Pogba. They just can't afford a first team of 11 top earners when Neymar gets the wages of 3 Pogbas put together.

They won't find a single player who is exactly as good as Neymar, that's true. Hazard isn't, for example.
But they can cushion the blow certainly with a couple of great addition, and they will have financial wriggle room again.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:30 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:frankly i work for corporation A, and corporation B wants to double my salary, i go to see my boss, show him the offer, he can't match it? i clear my desk and im gone. Gonna make new work friends at corporation B. these guys are no different, they are just much richer than we are. and i'd slap anyone who pretends he would not do the same.

And if Barca got a 400-500m offer for Neymar and accepted it even knowing Neymar wanted to stay or something, I wouldn't blame Barca. However, would I acknowledge that Neymar would probably feel a bit hard done by? That he has spent years at Barca and wants to continue at Barca and yet is being moved on because Barca got an offer too good to turn down...yeah I think it would be ok to feel that way even while acknowledging the offer was probably too good to turn down. This is the analogous, opposite situation.

On one hand, I don't blame Neymar for wanting to go and make the money that he can make. However, like the first situation, that doesn't mean Barca shouldn't feel a bit hard done by after investing what they have in Neymar, making him an extremely well paid player and surrounding him with players that will get him championships and immortalize him. The fans especially would feel hard done by.

I understand loyalty is by and large gone from the corporate world, including football. That doesn't mean there isn't any though. There is still some degree and there are emotions in football. There is trust, there is lying, there is backstabbing. Let us recall that Neymar signed an extension essentially saying he plans on being here for another 5 years last October.

Nothing wrong with calling someone a money grubbing pos for going from club to club looking for raises and the next payday, probably ending up in Russia or China. I think it's fair if they want to do that, and sure they should go and get their money, but it doesn't stop them from being a money grubbing pos. It's like people shitting on Durant for chasing an NBA championship ring. It's fair he left, and I understand it (I've defended it a lot), but nothing wrong with calling him a ring chaser, it's in fact what you probably should call him.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:31 pm

Neymar is the biggest talent in football since Messi (yes, he is more talented than Cristiano) and in Brazil since fat Ronaldo (yes, he is more talented than Ronaldinho), so yeah, he is a once in a lifetime player and Barcelona is fecked if they lose him.
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:34 pm

Socur Toxanarosa wrote:Neymar is the biggest talent in football since Messi (yes, he is more talented than Cristiano) and in Brazil since fat Ronaldo (yes, he is more talented than Ronaldinho), so yeah, he is a once in a lifetime player and Barcelona is fecked if they lose him.

His talent is just one part of the equation. The other is that his dad is an extortionist gangster who already toppled one Barca board with his shady shit and that he is hyped up to the point where he is commanding a far too sizeable part of Barca's wage bill, and even then he makes trouble by not paying his taxes and threatening to leave because of the resulting 'persecution'.

He is an uniquely talented footballer. But for Barca and his fans, he's been equally a pain in the arse tbh.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:36 pm

Couldn't agree more Hans, and that's actually part of the reason why I believe Barcelona going after scrubs lately is solely down to their wage bill being too high and not them being stupid.

You take that out of the equation with the Neymar sale, and you end up having a room to breathe and much better signings.

I mean having close to a quarter of a billion euros would definitely allow them to go after world class footballers and offer them much better salaries.

I know many Madrid fans want to see Neymar leave, but I have no doubt in my mind that it would be the best thing that has ever happened to Barcelona, financially and structurally, in the long run.

I really hope he stays.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:38 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:WIC,  Problem is, whoever comes in won't be as good as Neymar. That's a fact.

Of course that's true, but signing someone like Dembele or Mbappe would be a statement signing for me and would ease my anger from the Neymar deal, they aren't at his level, but we all know they can reach it.

I can understand from RM fan point of view were your coming from and this is the reason why I'm ok with his departure, we also still have Saurez who can get 20-30 goals (I mean he's scored 121 goals in 147 apps for us), this allows us to strength other departments with the cash we received as well as getting rid of Neymar 350K weekly salary.

In worst case failure to do this will result in this board getting booted out.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:41 pm

Is this lad really leaving Barca? Wow. Unbelievable. So Barcelona can in fact have a player bullied off them. Interesting. Wouldn't have happened to Madrid imo.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:44 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:Is this lad really leaving Barca? Wow. Unbelievable. So Barcelona can in fact have a player bullied off them. Interesting. Wouldn't have happened to Madrid imo.
Only because we set our clause ridiculously high, they must have been drunk thinking 200 mil clause was enough.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:45 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:

Of course that's true, but signing someone like Dembele or Mbappe would be a statement signing for me and would ease my anger from the Neymar deal, they aren't at his level, but we all know they can reach it.

I can understand from RM fan point of view were your coming from and this is the reason why I'm ok with his departure, we also still have Saurez who can get 20-30 goals (I mean he's scored 121 goals in 147 apps for us), this allows us to strength other departments with the cash we received as well as getting rid of Neymar 350K weekly salary.

I honestly don't think that BVB will sell Dembéle this summer. Next summer, very possible, but it's in no way certain that Barca can just go and buy Dembéle immediately. I'd say it's very, very unlikely that BVB let themselves get bullied into a sale.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:47 pm

I heard Mbappe mentioned. I haven't really followed. If Barca went for Mbappe, could they get him?

Because getting Mbappe over Madrid having lost Neymar would pretty much make everything better for me.

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:Is this lad really leaving Barca? Wow. Unbelievable. So Barcelona can in fact have a player bullied off them. Interesting. Wouldn't have happened to Madrid imo.
Only because we set our clause ridiculously high, they must have been drunk thinking 200 mil clause was enough.

It's insane Laughing

The extension was last October. Surely they saw that there might be a team willing to actually spend in excess of 200m for Neymar (City, PSG can do it). If they didn't want him to leave, it should have started at 350m tbh
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:49 pm

Of course it would if you realize what PSG are offering not even RM would be bale to offer that.

- 30-40M net pay (highest paid player)
- 100M sign on bonus for Neymar and 40M for his father (not a 100% sure about this but some sources have spoken about this considering they took 40M from us wouldn't surprise me)
- A private jet to go wherever he desires
- Help the man start a hotel chain

Hard offer to turn down for any player and one most clubs wouldn't match rather they could or not.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:51 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:

Pure stupidity or too much faith in FFP? Either way, it was quite naive of them to think it would be impossible. Not in today's world where jobbers like Lukaku cost roughly 100m and are actually getting paid for.

Papa Neymar is laughing all the way to the bank, the greedy bastard Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:52 pm

CBarca wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:

It's insane Laughing

The extension was last October. Surely they saw that there might be a team willing to actually spend in excess of 200m for Neymar (City, PSG can do it). If they didn't want him to leave, it should have started at 350m tbh

hmm hmm hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:52 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:

Of course it would if you realize what PSG are offering not even RM would be bale to offer that.

- 100M sign on bonus for Neymar and 40M for his father (not a 100% sure about this but some sources have spoken about this considering they took 40M from us wouldn't surprise me)

Hard offer to turn down for any player and one most clubs wouldn't match rather they could or not.

Are you kidding me? I really didn't know about that.

That's a new level of greed. Jesus Laughing
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:53 pm

CBarca wrote:I heard Mbappe mentioned. I haven't really followed. If Barca went for Mbappe, could they get him?

Because getting Mbappe over Madrid having lost Neymar would pretty much make everything better for me.

no, because you half assed club is too late, like with Theo, or Ceballos. two players who in theory would play more with you given your needs, but you are always late, working things last minutes.

so gtfo and go focus on Coutinho or something
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:54 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:

I honestly don't think that BVB will sell Dembéle this summer. Next summer, very possible, but it's in no way certain that Barca can just go and buy Dembéle immediately. I'd say it's very, very unlikely that BVB let themselves get bullied into a sale.

I agree, I just mentioned them as statement signing that would need to be made for the fan base to cool off Neymar deal. Even then I believe Dembele plays on the right more where Messi is, bring him as a left winger may not allow him to express himself, unless he can play their like Sane.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:54 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:

OMG......is that REALLY the offer? rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Hahahahaha I would snatch the contract off PSG's hands before they even gave it a second thought rofl

That's pretty much setting him up for his post football career and he's not even 26 yet. That's money for his grandchildren rofl

And it's not even China. It's Paris. Laughing Yeah I see the logic now.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:54 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:His talent is just one part of the equation. The other is that his dad is an extortionist gangster who already toppled one Barca board with his shady shit and that he is hyped up to the point where he is commanding a far too sizeable part of Barca's wage bill, and even then he makes trouble by not paying his taxes and threatening to leave because of the resulting 'persecution'.

He is an uniquely talented footballer. But for Barca and his fans, he's been equally a pain in the arse tbh.

You're right, but Barcelona has only itself to blame.
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:55 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:

Are you kidding me? I really didn't know about that.

That's a new level of greed. Jesus Laughing

They offered him that last season some source documented it, so I'm assuming this is still on the table Laughing
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:55 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
CBarca wrote:I heard Mbappe mentioned. I haven't really followed. If Barca went for Mbappe, could they get him?

no, because you half assed club is too late, like with Theo, or Ceballos. two players who in theory would play more with you given your needs, but you are always late, working things last minutes.

so gtfo and go focus on Coutinho or something

Imagine paying 80m+ for Coutinho. Football has gone mad.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:57 pm

80mil is not enough, i can guarantee you Liverpool are asking 100 millions if not more. Specially when you know barca just got paid. They will get fleeced left and right
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:59 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:

OMG......is that REALLY the offer? rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Hahahahaha I would snatch the contract off PSG's hands before they even gave it a second thought rofl

That's pretty much setting him up for his post football career and he's not even 26 yet. That's money for his grandchildren rofl

And it's not even China. It's Paris. Laughing Yeah I see the logic now.

According to a lot of sources those are the figures being thrown around and demands Neymar entourage have been making to the Barcelona board hence why it seems they've conceded. No way would Neymar go to Paris just to be the highest paid footballer.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:01 pm

Can't blame Barca for conceding defeat. That is some next level bullying. Laughing

And to think at the beginning of the summer Barca were the ones trying to flex their muscles by tempting Verratti to move. rofl
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:02 pm

Socur Toxanarosa wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:His talent is just one part of the equation. The other is that his dad is an extortionist gangster who already toppled one Barca board with his shady shit and that he is hyped up to the point where he is commanding a far too sizeable part of Barca's wage bill, and even then he makes trouble by not paying his taxes and threatening to leave because of the resulting 'persecution'.

You're right, but Barcelona has only itself to blame.

Oh absolutely.
I'm just a bit frustrated about this. Because even though I'm an opposition fan, I would very much like to be able to concentrate on, and enjoy, Neymar's fantastic talent as a footballer. Players of his quality are so very scarce.

I just really feel that all the stuff surrounding him, the hype and especially the shady financial stuff, the obvious quasi-criminal greed of his dad and by extension him, makes it harder.
I don't think that it's really a good football career, when you're occupied with squeezing money out of everyone all the time and then let yourself be bought out from a ridiculous plastic project like PSG. The $$$$ are blocking the view of his football performances IMO.

I guess it's different when he plays for the NT, since they don't have to pay his wages.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next