Albiceleste
BarcaKizz
Jack Daniels
Khaled
9 posters

Go down

Barca Best Player of ALL-TIME Empty Barca Best Player of ALL-TIME

Post by Khaled Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:00 am

My Objective of this thread, we Barca fans make an All-Time Barca top 20 players, Top 10, Top 5 until we agree on Barca's All-Time Player.. ( if we couldn't @ least reach a top 5 nominees) & maybe an all-time line-up with Top 3 in each Position?

I Have been following Barca regularly since 2003..
I couldn't watch players like Paulino Alcantara, Cesar Rodriguz,Kubala, Luis Suarez, Cruyff, Laudrup, Koeman, Guardiola, Zubizaretta etc..

I watched just few matches for Rivaldo @ Barca, so i don't have clear idea if he can be included in top 20 Barca players of alltime!

other Great players like Maradona, Ronaldo, Romario etc.. who just played 1 or 2 seasons for Barca? can we include them?

Players of Last decade who can compete imo Puyol, Xavi, Messi, Deco, Ronaldinho,Eto'o. Iniesta etc.. maybe Alves, Valdes & Gio when it comes to choosing Best FullBacks (Top 3 in each position) etc..

these are some players that came first to mind!
-----------

Would like to know your opinions? i think we have to start by making a list of nominees, maybe a top 10 in each decade for example ( i know that this will take a while, maybe a month, but hope all Barca fans on this forum to participate) thx Very Happy
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Barca Best Player of ALL-TIME Empty Re: Barca Best Player of ALL-TIME

Post by Jack Daniels Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:04 am

Paulino Alcantara

357 league goals in 357 league matches ain't no joke. Very Happy
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:22 am

Oooh very, very difficult. I made a pretty substantial list a while a go for each position. This was made through quite a bit of reading and research. I'll try to dig it up for you.

I don't think you can say there's been 1 player, but from what I've gathered there have been a few players who've had a greater level of influence over the club than others. I think influence over the history of the club is the only way we can measure players across generations because sports are always evolving and I don't think we can compare talent etc. For example, Paulino Alcantara didn't have as good training facilities, health care, equipment, tactical understanding, fitness etc. as Messi. What we can summise though, is that he was an outstanding player among HIS peers, as Messi is as well.

Its a bold crusade, and I'd like to encourage people to try to argue for players, or a list for example, for the sake of discussion. However, I think the end product should be a list... rather than a single player.

The most influential Barca players of all time... in each position.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:34 am

Top 3 influential Barca players of all time per position? It's incredibly difficult to pick just one, so much class through out the years

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:41 am

BarcaKizz wrote:Oooh very, very difficult. I made a pretty substantial list a while a go for each position. This was made through quite a bit of reading and research. I'll try to dig it up for you.

I don't think you can say there's been 1 player, but from what I've gathered there have been a few players who've had a greater level of influence over the club than others. I think influence over the history of the club is the only way we can measure players across generations because sports are always evolving and I don't think we can compare talent etc. For example, Paulino Alcantara didn't have as good training facilities, health care, equipment, tactical understanding, fitness etc. as Messi. What we can summise though, is that he was an outstanding player among HIS peers, as Messi is as well.

Its a bold crusade, and I'd like to encourage people to try to argue for players, or a list for example, for the sake of discussion. However, I think the end product should be a list... rather than a single player.

The most influential Barca players of all time... in each position.

very true.. this is why i think... if we can start with making a list of top 3 players amybe in each position ..

or maybe Top 5 defenders, top 5 midfielders, top 5 forwards, top 5 Gks..

than reduce them to a top 10 or 5..
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:09 am

I agree with khaled, and he's the ot!!! The bad part is that there are so many greats (pre-1980s) that none of us ever saw play live, or were at least there at the time and that makes an already hard task of choosing even harder. Because if u ask me, I'd include Rivaldo, Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Puyol, Deco, Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, and other players which I myself have seen. But I know there were so many others before them that I did not see. Either way, I'd include Pep!
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:48 pm

Top 20 FOR Barca or top 20 who were playing in Barca (Figo, Ronaldo, Laudrup)????

10/10 Messi, Maradona, Cruyff
09/10 Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Romario, Ronaldo
08/10 Guardiola, Stoičkov, Figo, Xavi, Puyol, Koeman, Laudrup, Eto'o...
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:56 pm

I don't know much about the club's history. So a few players I put may eventually drop out. Still I will try to make my own list of 20 from what I know considering both how legendary the player was and what was his contribution to Barcelona. If he is strong on even one of these criteria he could be on my list.

L.Suarez
Cruyff
Maradona
M.Laudrup
Guardiola
Koeman
Stoichkov
Romario
Ronaldo
Rivaldo
Figo
Ronaldinho
Eto'o
Deco
Henry
Messi
Xavi
Iniesta
D.Alves
Puyol

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:17 am

Looks like Koeman is going to coach feyenoord

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:23 am

Lionel Messi wrote:Looks like Koeman is going to coach feyenoord

Yes I read that. As a coach it's hard to think well of him given how much trouble he caused at Valencia but for us he is a legendary player all the same.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:27 am

I understand why someone feel they are better players in terms of ability but Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Romario, Ronaldo will never match Xavi and Puyol in terms of influence and contribution.

These guys are the soul of the team for so many years now
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Puyol Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:51 am

Spoiler:
Mr_Puyol
Mr_Puyol