CBarca
Warrior
Robespierre
S
51 posters

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next

Go down

Who will progress ?

UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur - Page 9 Vote_lcap67%UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur - Page 9 Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 14 ]
UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur - Page 9 Vote_lcap33%UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur - Page 9 Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 21

UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur - Page 9 Empty Re: UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur

Post by zigra Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:44 pm

I have to admit I didn't expect this.
Tottenham were about as clueless as I expected but Juve can't be serious about this performance. They were absolutely horrible.
If this is the level you can expect from them nowadays not even Dymbo might be able to save them.
But maybe it's best to go out quietly against one of the smaller teams than to get completely embarassed on a bigger stage.

zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur - Page 9 Empty Re: UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:44 pm

zigra wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:I have to say, watching them first time this season, pretty shocking what a scrub team Juve have become.

Exactly what I thought.
They were underwhelming in every area of the pitch.

I mean I thought their DoFs were those legendary geniuses, then they go and sell Vidal for 35m to us, sign a past it Khedira and then pay us 50m for Douglas Costa.

Sell Bonnucci to some lower table team without necessity and stack the team with random no identity players with generic footballer names like Asamoah or Betancur.
Buffon is 45 years old and not able to move, but apparently it's not part of the coaches job description to bench him.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:45 pm

Bernardeschi didn't even do anything wrong this game. Was just stuck defending the whole time.

Khedira, Mandzukic, Benatia, Chiellini, Buffon and Sandro were the poor ones.

Costa barely gets a pass since he provoked the penalty and looked better when Max finally changed the system and pushed him to the wing.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:49 pm

Robespierre wrote:So Juve have no offensive players on bench while us keep Sonaldo on bench for 2nd half mhmh
I don't rate Lamela though
I'm reading he played quite well
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:50 pm

Bernadeschi's performance as an attacking winger was as good as I've seen from Benzema as a forward this season. I am sure he does well in Serie A but today's performance was very much a forgetful one. So sure, he didn't do anything wrong as he had to be involve to do anything of any note. This was aided by even worse performing players so he is definitely not the sole player to take some L.

Seriously, I'm with Zigra on this one, did not expect such a performance from Juve.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:52 pm

No one expected that, it was terrible. Starting from Max. We can do it but they have to wake up. Cuadrado is confirmed out, hoping for Dybala (likely) and Matuidi (50/50) to be back.

With how bad Spurs defended we should have been well ahead tonight. Just terrible.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:59 pm

Juve couldn't deal with Tottenham's pressing. They had no one in midfield to take control and start attacks. Pjanic should've been that player, but he was absolutely anonymous.

But good lord Tottenham's full-backs, two incredibly daft penalties to give away. You could say Juve were lucky to score twice in such a lackluster performance and Tottenham were lucky Higuain missed the second penalty.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:00 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Not sure how Juve and their part timers who work as firemen to pay their mortgages are supposed to compete with actual professionals.

Like expecting San Marino to compete with England.

Gave them a 2 goal head start, an extra penalty and they still couldn't get it done rofl

GOAT league confirmed, all hail Lord Brexit.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:01 pm

Imagine being handed a 2-0 lead after 9 minutes and not winning a game while playing at home

This is my reality

100% certain we will lose this tie, small chance if Dybala, Matuidi and/or Cuadrado are back and fit for the second leg

What a time to be alive

We are cowards and I am deeply saddened

Scapegoating Bernardeschi is kind of an unreal sentiment. By no means was he good tonight but really the only players that can somewhat be satisfied with their own personal performances are Pjanic, De Sciglio and maybe Costa, everyone else was hot garbage and I sincerely mean that

We suck again, boys drinking

Props to Tottenham, despite starting the game at the 10th minute, already two goals down away from home, they absolutely obliterated us

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:04 pm

I ain't scapegoating, just pointing just one of the few players that really was, well, useless. That being said, it wasn't Buffon doing his best post-awesome Iker impression or Bernardeschi's Benzema-esque game play that I really had issues with, it was Pjanic.

This is not the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or even 4th time I've seen Pjanic ghost through yet another headline game and basically offered nothing. For their premier starting midfielder, he always does this and it's insanely annoying to me.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:06 pm

What is this about Pjanic? he was one of the only that showed up.

It was the fact Khedira was invisible to an absurd degree that saw the midfield get bypassed. Khedira attempeted 13 passes and had a 50% success. That's right he had good 7 passes. Pjanic was the one trying to do everything else and assisting Higuain.

Playing just 2 midfielders was a mistake.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:12 pm

lmao wonder what's he saying

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:14 pm

This is the Juve that conceded 1 goal in the past 15 Serie zZZzzZ games? Laughing Laughing

Serie zZZzZZz. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:14 pm

Jeez what a shocker. The tried and tested way of not winning a game by sitting back for 80 minutes thinking you have 2006 Italy's defence combined with our increasingly shit transfer policy resulting in 40 year old Matuidi being our only reliable ball winner is one hell of a combo

Seen a stat at one point Tottenham were approaching pass number 400 and juve were on 89

I called this ages ago. A deteriorating team that loses its key players every summer and doesn't replace them declines quickly. We went from being 2 levels above any PL team to getting schooled by the 5th best in the space of a couple of Summers. If we don't change our approach to games and football in general we'll be the equivalent of Porto a few years ago. Still mopping up the league but a comfortable B tier team in Europe.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:15 pm

Doc wrote:I ain't scapegoating, just pointing just one of the few players that really was, well, useless. That being said, it wasn't Buffon doing his best post-awesome Iker impression or Bernardeschi's Benzema-esque game play that I really had issues with, it was Pjanic.

This is not the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or even 4th time I've seen Pjanic ghost through yet another headline game and basically offered nothing. For their premier starting midfielder, he always does this and it's insanely annoying to me.

We lined up in our own half after going up 2-0 and asked Bernardeschi, an attacking player to sit and defend. What did you want him to do? Go for an 80 yard run and score? I just don't get it. By no means am I trying to defend our cowardly and poor display as a team but to highlight one attacker's inability to comfortably defend and shine in a display that saw us call a quits by 20 minutes is a bit strange. After all this he still won the penalty which led to our second goal and had a strong scoring opportunity himself which Lloris did well to save. Additionally, pinning Bernardeschi to the right wing is a bit of a waste.

Pjanic was honestly one of our only good players, I almost felt bad for him because he looked far too good for us tonight

But anyways, no highlights from this game. The only silver lining is because of the first 9 minutes, we are somehow in this tie still but I don't think any Juve fan can realistically expect us to advance or say anything decent about this performance but rather discuss the sheer exasperation of the bottle job of all bottle jobs

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:20 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
futbol wrote:Told my wife he was going to miss the moment the ref showed to the spot. Higuain scoring a hattrick on a European night, pls.
when did you get hitched?

Hapless_Hans wrote:
futbol wrote:Told my wife he was going to miss the moment the ref showed to the spot. Higuain scoring a hattrick on a European night, pls.

Wait a minute.. 'wife'? That was fast hmm

Why do you think I was so inactive last season? Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:21 pm

Wait really?

From having to choose between two women you actually got married? Was it the doctor?

Congrats man
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:21 pm

I honestly thought it was because Lucho was doing rubbish and you went into hiding S-style. Congrats is in order.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:26 pm

So I take it the proverbial honeymoon period is over and you're back in front of the computer Proud
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:26 pm

Plot twist? Futbol married Lucho!
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:26 pm

RealGunner wrote:Wait really?

From having to choose between two women you actually got married? Was it the doctor?

Congrats man
this

The people want to know
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:28 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
zigra wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:I have to say, watching them first time this season, pretty shocking what a scrub team Juve have become.

Exactly what I thought.
They were underwhelming in every area of the pitch.

I mean I thought their DoFs were those legendary geniuses, then they go and sell Vidal for 35m to us, sign a past it Khedira and then pay us 50m for Douglas Costa.

Sell Bonnucci to some lower table team without necessity and stack the team with random no identity players with generic footballer names like Asamoah or Betancur.
Buffon is 45 years old and not able to move, but apparently it's not part of the coaches job description to bench him.

Yeah it's all a bit weird. I fear that once Dymbo leaves it is time for italian football to end.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:28 pm

RealGunner wrote:Wait really?

Congrats man

Yes, no joke. lol

No, not the doctor, she is studying economics. I went to a dancing course and coincidentally got to know someone I can share my life with.

Thanks. Very Happy

Doc wrote:I honestly thought it was because Lucho was doing rubbish and you went into hiding S-style. Congrats is in order.

Pls. You know I never disappear even in tough times.

Thanks. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily White Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:31 pm

Lawd above! bloody poor start ter da match, but me is pissed what we did not win dis 4-2, playin trogs what could not strin' free passes together. Poor result fer us i' is. , innit.

Lily White
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:33 pm

Congrats to Fútbol and possibly Lucho cheers
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:37 pm

nadinkrah wrote:mousa dembele the most underrated midfielder ever

He's a boss and has been consistently great for years. I guess you're right, he is rated but he doesn't get hyped enough.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next