CBarca
Warrior
Robespierre
S
51 posters

Page 10 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next

Go down

Who will progress ?

UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur - Page 10 Vote_lcap67%UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur - Page 10 Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 14 ]
UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur - Page 10 Vote_lcap33%UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur - Page 10 Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 21

UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur - Page 10 Empty Re: UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur

Post by Firenze Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:37 pm

nadinkrah wrote:mousa dembele the most underrated midfielder ever

He's a boss and has been consistently great for years. I guess you're right, he is rated but he doesn't get hyped enough.

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur - Page 10 Empty Re: UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:38 pm

Congratulations, well done and I'm very happy for you Proud
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:41 pm

Lily White wrote:Lawd above! bloody poor start ter da match, but me is pissed what we did not win dis 4-2, playin trogs what could not strin' free passes together. Poor result fer us i' is. , innit.

It's a good result. Juve don't give away free goals often, two is great.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:42 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:So I take it the proverbial honeymoon period is over and you're back in front of the computer Proud

ProudProudProud

I'm lucky, she actually developed a liking for football. Trying to teach her everything. For some reason she calls Rakitic "the useless one", already likes Messi and hates Ronaldo. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:42 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Robespierre wrote:So Juve have no offensive players on bench while us keep Sonaldo on bench for 2nd half mhmh
I don't rate Lamela though
I'm reading he played quite well

I saw about 40 minutes and he did decently. A solid 7 or so. Did the right things, pressed well, and didn't give the ball away much. I didn't see anything wrong about playing him instead of Son. Son thrives with space and often makes the wrong decisions, this was not the kind of game I expected to see Son do very well in.

I haven't seen the whole match but I'm really happy with the result. But it confirms what I think about Tottenham. They are still trying to get to the big team mentality. They aren't there.

Should have won 5-0 at Arsenal. Won 1-0 and lucky Laca missed an easy chance to draw. Should have beat Liverpool, instead they concede a horribly defended goal to Salah late (not to mention Dier assisting Liverpool first half). Should have put United to the sword by 3 or 4 but it took a bit of a jammy goal and an own goal to take the 2-0 home. And today? Go 2-0 down against Juventus within ten minutes and give away TWO penalties.

Until the team learns how to put their chances away and stop making calamitous defensive errors, they won't be a top team. They attack well as a team overall. They defend well as a team overall -- but I think they just...have a mentality problem at times.

I'm impressed Tottenham drew Juventus 2-2 away but how do you start a CL tie out like that?! So lucky Higuain missed.

To be sure, it takes guts to claw back after 2 down in Turin, but that they were 2 down in 10 minutes in the first place is a mentality problem.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:46 pm

Lamela played well surprisingly. Thought it was odd to start him over Son but he did all the right things. IMO there were no standout performers from Spurs, Juve were just poor and Spurs played well as a team besides Aurier madness. Can't really call them mental midgets for once either to bounce back like that after being 2-0 after 10.

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:55 pm

He's a good player lol. People have forgotten about Lamela because he's been injured so long.

Son is a beast no doubt but him vs Lamela has always been a close battle which Lamela had been winning before he got injured.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:57 pm

futbol wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:So I take it the proverbial honeymoon period is over and you're back in front of the computer Proud

ProudProudProud

I'm lucky, she actually developed a liking for football. Trying to teach her everything. For some reason she calls Rakitic "the useless one", already likes Messi and hates Ronaldo. Proud

:bow: pretty impressive she realised Rakitic sucks so quickly, most of GL still doesn't realise it hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:17 pm

What an away performance from Spurs. Brilliant.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:43 pm

You go from Pirlo-Vidal-Marchisio-Pogba.....

to Pjanic-Khedira.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:48 pm

Kinda confused because I've just seen the extended highlights and people were telling me at halftime when I tuned into GL chat that Spurs were playing better but Juve had the much better chances and should have been up by 2 or 3. Instead what I saw was each of the goals, Kane missing a point blank header, Kane missing a decent chance, and Dele missing a decent chance. Compare that to Higuain missing the penalty and Higuain missing quite a decent chance.

Seems to me like either team it was pretty even based on the chances (ignoring the overall play, of which I didn't see in the first half).

Would love someone like zigra to respond "Spurs clueless, Juve are absolutely destroying Spurs, who are lucky right now" is what I heard at half from him. Any of the Brexit lads maybe? Was there something I missed that I didn't see in the extended highlights?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:02 am

Those were the chances we were talking about :coffee:
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:06 am

CBarca, If you look to the highlights you'll probably see more Juve big chances. The higuain miss in the 1st half, the missed penalty, a couple of Bernardeschi saved shots by Lloris, and 2 dangerous headers from Benatia and Mandzukic as far as i remember. For Spurs it was Kane huge chance, Ali header and a couple of outside the box shots.
Juve's passing sucked, and we were limited to counter attacks mostly and i think that's because of our lack of presence in midfield. I don't understand why Marchisio wasn't played in a 3 man midfield tonight, given that Blaizz is injured.
We were surprised by Spurs high pressing and our build-up suffered.

Recover Matuidi and Dybala. Play a 3 man midfield Matuidi-Pjanic-Khedira/Marchisio. Play front 3 Costa-Higuain-Dybala and win this shit at Wembley
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:09 am

The question is why were you surprised by the high pressing. Spurs have been playing this way for years now.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:17 am

I didn't expect to tie this after the shocking beginning..
Great mental strength just on most difficult / important match of the season. For the most problematic moment. Imagine to be 2 - 0 after 8 against a team that hasn't been conceding goals for 15 matches. Whoever'd expect to be trashed.
I can be just proud for this result and we have real chances for 2nd leg. It wasn't expected

Lloris 6
Aurier 5 not surprised, never rated even in PSG. Typical fast player but brainless
Davinson  Sanchez = Same
Verthongen 5.5
Davies 5
Dier 6 is this the real world ? Good match imo
Dembele' 7.5 Unreal midfielder @Mole :coffee:
Deleted the Nainggolan narrative on best Belgian in that role.
Lamela 6.5 for me he is a fraud carried by Zeman but today ok
Eriksen 7.5  The Danish beauty. He has erased Nina Agdal from the history books
Alli 7  
Kane 7

Pochettino 7.5  The world would be a better place if led by sheriffs like him

Last edited by Robespierre on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:21 am

Tough scorer hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:22 am

Draw 2-2 to Juventus in Turin and most of the team is 6's Laughing

Please don't become a teacher Robes
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:24 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The question is why were you surprised by the high pressing. Spurs have been playing this way for years now.

It's a good point Laughing

Almost as bad as being surprised when Liverpool press high.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:28 am

CBarca wrote:Draw 2-2 to Juventus in Turin and most of the team is 6's Laughing

Please don't become a teacher Robes

Laughing
Not liked our defence TBH
And infact 2 penalty kicks given...
Anyway Lamela played well, I admitt it
I am going to change my vote,I should hate him less (:

Last edited by Robespierre on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:30 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The question is why were you surprised by the high pressing. Spurs have been playing this way for years now.
Ask Max, maybe he watched the wrong Spurs games. Not using maybe our best build-up player in Marchisio against a high-pressing team seems strange for me.
Anyway, Spurs is going through a great streak, drawing away at Juventus, Liverpool and winning home against Arsenal, United is impressing.
The return game will be 7th of March, let's see how much this form will carry on, and which players will come back from injury at Juve.
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:32 am

Did Allegri specifically say that BTW? Seems a very strange thing to get wrong.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:37 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Did Allegri specifically say that BTW? Seems a very strange thing to get wrong.

I don't know, but would you expect him to say at a press conference that he came with the wrong gameplan, and was surprised by Spurs high-pressing?
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:39 am

After a game it wouldn't surprise me tbh, before a game he wouldn't be that open obviously.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:44 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:After a game it wouldn't surprise me tbh, before a game he wouldn't be that open obviously.

Ok, but the thing is that "after a game" in this case happens to be before the 2nd leg decisive game.
Imo we obviously looked out of a game plan when Spurs pressed very high up the pitch, and just gave the ball away easy.
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:53 am

Here's what Allegri said, but i think it's just bs for press.

‘Gigi Buffon made a great save, we had the chance to go 3-0 up and then missed a penalty. We knew there would be difficulties, now the second leg will be a one-off and we’ll try to win.

‘It was only normal to have some difficulties. After going 2-0 up, we got too deep and stopped playing, but part of that was also down to Tottenham’s performance. It was still a Champions League Round of 16, let’s not forget.

‘It’s a pity we didn’t win, but we have everything it takes to progress to the quarter-finals.

‘Tottenham are a very physical and technical team. Apart from one Buffon save, they didn’t have any real chances.

‘We lost the ball playing it out of defence and conceded.’
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:03 am

So the lesson he took away from that is that they should've cleared the ball at the first sign of pressure? Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next