Art Morte
Luca
El Gunner
Freeza
Great Leader Sprucenuce
12 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:59 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I think you are way underestimating how much better the West is tbh.

I like Paul George but he had zero impact on OKC compared to the previous year and the best player Lebron beat in the playoffs this year was either Oladipo or a Rookie.

I doubt the jump will be as huge as you think it is.

George had zero impact? His impact was getting the team with Melo and without Andre Roberson an extra win.

I don’t see which teams other than GSW in the West are truly better than us if they both join and we re-sign Randle.

Randle averaged 20/10 on 56% the last 50 games
Ingram had 17/5/4 on 47/40/75 or something.

If they take leaps this off season while we get 2 FAs I can see us getting about 60 wins. Also we should be able to acquire useful players on minimums or midlevel if LeBron decides to join.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:00 pm

Paul George’s middle name is Cliftonantho
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:27 pm

There's a way bigger difference than getting some wins with zero pressure when the season is already done and getting wins where there's actual stakes on the line.

Especially when the regular season is full of wins where teams basically mentally check out before the game starts.

Lebron is the best player in the world but i feel like you are vastly overrating your current team. I mean as great as he is Lebron hasn't had a 60 win season since 2012-13 and he was better and on better teams than the Lakers will be.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:47 pm

Besides we all know the real team Lebron is joining anyway.

Can't wait for the news of Lebron's kids getting drunk at Mardi Gras tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:47 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:There's a way bigger difference than getting some wins with zero pressure when the season is already done and getting wins where there's actual stakes on the line.

Especially when the regular season is full of wins where teams basically mentally check out before the game starts.

Lebron is the best player in the world but i feel like you are vastly overrating your current team. I mean as great as he is Lebron hasn't had a 60 win season since 2012-13 and he was better and on better teams than the Lakers will be.

Overrating my team? Did you see us when we were healthy? We had the best record in the entire NBA in 2018 until we had injuries again.
And I'm writing this expecting them all to improve.

I fully expect Ingram to be a 20ppg scorer next season.

I actually think everyone is underrating our young core, except Kuzma who's incredibly overrated by the people who didn't watch him more than 2-3 games. He's the one I'd be most willing to give up.

I don't even particular want LeBron, I feel he's too powerful and obviously the worst talent evaluator in the league. He might pressure Magic to trade everyone for Tristan Thompson and a chocolate bar.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:49 pm

Yeah we beat you twice during that time lol.

I don't pay attention to short term runs tbh, which is why i think what we did to end the season and the playoffs isn't sustainable and need some Boogie tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:50 pm

Regular season runs are fools gold tbh, Philly went like 15-0 into the playoffs ffs.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:52 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Besides we all know the real team Lebron is joining anyway.

Can't wait for the news of Lebron's kids getting drunk at Mardi Gras tbh.

That defensive performance by Cleveland.

I think the only two team with the chance to compete with GSW at some point the next 2-3 years are Boston, Lakers and Pelicans becuase they're young, switchable and got great defensive to match up. Pelicans probably behind Lakers and Boston in defensive potential, but they've got Davis who makes up for it. Just have to convince free agents to actually join.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:56 pm

Our biggest issue is we have no cap room Laughing All those dumb contracts when the cap spiked :facepalm:

The only hope we have is we remain competitive until the contract's get off the books and AD is somehow still there.

Quite unlikely scenario if i'm honest so long term LA, Boston, Philly etc etc are in a much better situation.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:02 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Our biggest issue is we have no cap room Laughing All those dumb contracts when the cap spiked :facepalm:

The only hope we have is we remain competitive until the contract's get off the books and AD is somehow still there.

Quite unlikely scenario if i'm honest so long term LA, Boston, Philly etc etc are in a much better situation.

Just looked it up. God you're paying a lot for trash.

Rondo on 3m is prob gonna cost you.

Ajinca, Hill and Moore combining for $27m

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:06 pm

Don't mind Moore so much, he's been good. The others are worthless though.

Realistically the best we can do is convinced an All Star level wing to join us and do a sign and trade with who ever his current team is.

Until we are able to get rid of these contracts anyway, it was worse though as before the Mirotic trade we had that Asik contract Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:06 pm

Just looked at GSW's payroll Laughing

Damn, they going to be paying the luxury like nobody's business.

Durant probably gonna demand $40m

They've got $137m on payroll this year. Could increase to $155 next year.

Hopefully this will end them. Payroll will put up a better fight than Cavs at least.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:08 pm

Freeza wrote:
Luca wrote:@freeza, give me a scenario where our lakers can compete with the warriors with LeBron?

Durant has publicly said he will be staying with the Warriors. It would have been awesome if he opted out for a new challenge but I understand staying

Chris Paul is available, Paul George, Cousins. Probably the most marquee players. Then a bunch of solid glue guys floating around

I still hope the Raptors trade 3-4 of the starting 5

We get LeBron and Paul George, re-sign Randle, every young guy improves a lot.

I think that team is better than a lot would think.

We finished with 35 wins while being the most injured team. Think we were a .500 team when healthy. Adding LeBron and PG to that while everyone improves will get us to top 3 in the West.

If it’s enough to beat GSW we’ll see. Probably need some injury luck.

I just hope we don’t trade everything for Kawhi.

That Lakers team would surely be better than this Cavs team but would it be enough?

I can't see George and co. being enough of a supporting cast to take down the Warriors.

I'm honestly thinking only injuries or one of Draymond, Klay, Steph or KD leaving will be the end of their reign

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:09 pm

Would be amazing if KD left tbh, can't see him doing it though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:12 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Would be amazing if KD left tbh, can't see him doing it though.

That's your first mistake. Trusting a snake.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:13 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Would be amazing if KD left tbh, can't see him doing it though.

He already said he was staying. Watch him take a super undercut contract and people end up hating him even more

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:14 pm

McLewis wrote:Glad this is done. Cavs had no business getting this far to begin with.

This. All this. Toronto and Boston messed up big time.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:15 pm

Let's be honest they would have swept everyone else in the East tbh.

Maybe Celtics get a game but that's it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:17 pm

Luca wrote:
Freeza wrote:
Luca wrote:@freeza, give me a scenario where our lakers can compete with the warriors with LeBron?

Durant has publicly said he will be staying with the Warriors. It would have been awesome if he opted out for a new challenge but I understand staying

Chris Paul is available, Paul George, Cousins. Probably the most marquee players. Then a bunch of solid glue guys floating around

I still hope the Raptors trade 3-4 of the starting 5

We get LeBron and Paul George, re-sign Randle, every young guy improves a lot.

I think that team is better than a lot would think.

We finished with 35 wins while being the most injured team. Think we were a .500 team when healthy. Adding LeBron and PG to that while everyone improves will get us to top 3 in the West.

If it’s enough to beat GSW we’ll see. Probably need some injury luck.

I just hope we don’t trade everything for Kawhi.

That Lakers team would surely be better than this Cavs team but would it be enough?

I can't see George and co. being enough of a supporting cast to take down the Warriors.

I'm honestly thinking only injuries or one of Draymond, Klay, Steph or KD leaving will be the end of their reign

I think our young guys are really underrated. Ingram posting 20/5/5 for 3 months as a 20 year old is incredible. When he develops his body in the next few year he'll be incredible.

Lonzo needs to get more shots off ball, where he was actually average to slight above average. His creating for himself was really bad though. But I think it'll fix when he gets in better shape next season. His legs looked dead at times when we ran the fast paced offence.

It's hard to say since they'll have to improve a lot.

Also stated the injury luck. Houston got some with Iggy, but then CP3 got injured and that made them lose.

If we don't re-sign Randle I'll straight up cry myself to sleep for months. I think he's probably the most underrated player in the league. The fact that Spencer Dinwiddie got more votes for most improved player is a disgrace.

Dinwiddie got so much praise despite being 26 years old shooting same percentages as Lonzo Ball without the defence and playmaking.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:29 pm

I don't disagree about the Lakers having some very promising players, but obviously those numbers will drop off if LeBron and George come to town. But I guess it's more so how much help LeBron will get

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:33 pm

Luca wrote:I don't disagree about the Lakers having some very promising players, but obviously those numbers will drop off if LeBron and George come to town. But I guess it's more so how much help LeBron will get

I don't know how much the numbers would drop. Kuzma's numbers would probably drop because he shoots so much. Ingram is good at picking his spots.

Also think LeBron wants to have less of a burden, and I think Lakers are the best team for him because of that. We've already got 3 players you can run sets around, Lonzo, Ingram and Randle can all help him get easier looks.

He looked absolutely frustrated with his teammates being incompetent this series.

I think Ingram would be the second best player on the Cavs team after LeBron.

Kevin Love is so bad and People overrate him even now. Read about people saying he was actually good this series.

Averages 15/9 on 40% and 32% from 3. That's terrible Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:35 pm

They need to move the draft up Laughing

What's with finals being over the first week of June
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:56 pm

Yeah Freeza overrating his team as usual. :coffee:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:01 pm

El Gunner wrote:Yeah Freeza overrating his team as usual. :coffee:

Yeah as usual. The first year I haven't completely shat on my team in every possible way.

I've seen Lakers teams on all sides of the spectrum. This team is that talented.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:55 pm

Glad I didn't bother with the finals, a great first game obviously but a sweep shouldn't happen in the finals.

I wonder how much LeBron's family is going to affect his decision. Three kids aged between 15 and 4 (or something like that) isn't a situation where you necessarily want to move to a completely new place.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:21 pm

Art Morte wrote:Glad I didn't bother with the finals, a great first game obviously but a sweep shouldn't happen in the finals.

I wonder how much LeBron's family is going to affect his decision. Three kids aged between 15 and 4 (or something like that) isn't a situation where you necessarily want to move to a completely new place.

Think he said it would be a family decision this time, and that his Free Agency choice is much easier than in 2010.

I think his family wants to go to L.A where they live during the off-season, and their home is. Would be best for them to stay the same place.

New York would probably be a good place to live also, and it's close to Philly if he wants to play there.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next