Warrior
Hapless_Hans
Harmonica
guest7
Myesyats
61 posters

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Official: Neymar signs for PSG - Page 14 Empty Re: Official: Neymar signs for PSG

Post by Casciavit Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:03 pm

Yeah a few posts above I mentioned how a lot of his injuries came from him doing that stupid thing where he’d keep holding on to the ball while the opponent kicks his foot repeatedly.

Seems like he removed that dumb shit from his game (about time). I think he has lost some 1v1 ability though. Messi dribbles double the amount he does now at 35. Messi has 4 dribbles per game in Ligue 1 this season while Neymar has 2.

Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Official: Neymar signs for PSG - Page 14 Empty Re: Official: Neymar signs for PSG

Post by El Gunner Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:53 pm

Bankz wrote:13 goals/assists in 4 games. 3 MOTM. Scored in every game, top assisted, top goal scorer, top creator in Europe, lmaooo

He took it personally, Man is broken Shocked

that's his quality. that's what he should be doing. but can he stay fit and keep on doing it, especially when it matters in the CL. that's always been the case against him
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:27 am

Glad to see Neymar shutting the haters up. I always thought he got too much flak by pundits and fans for being the way he is. Granted, he deserved some of it for his antics, but let's not forget they BROKE his back...

But lately, they call into question his effectiveness when he DOES play. We all know he parties and misses a lot of games but when he does play for club and country he gives it his all. His effectiveness is underrated as people's judgement is clouded by his antics and lifestyle.

Last edited by _LMG_10_ on Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:29 am

Casciavit wrote:Yeah a few posts above I mentioned how a lot of his injuries came from him doing that stupid thing where he’d keep holding on to the ball while the opponent kicks his foot repeatedly.

Seems like he removed that dumb shit from his game (about time). I think he has lost some 1v1 ability though. Messi dribbles double the amount he does now at 35. Messi has 4 dribbles per game in Ligue 1 this season while Neymar has 2.

It's a world cup year so Neymar and Messi are being more cautious, plus they're not exactly young anymore. And why dribble when you got 2 other guys you can just play off of?

Messi's dribbles are mostly deep in the midfield with 1-2 players on him, as opposed to his Barca days when he'd dribble multiple players around the box.
He still has the skill to do it, it's just not necessary anymore, nor is it wise, especially in Ligue 1.

At Barca he was carrying the goalscoring responsibilites the last few years. Now he can just chill and playmake for Mbappe and Neymar, while making runs into the box when the opportunity presents itself.

Also, I think part of Neymar's good form this season is not only cause of the world cup looming, but because of Messi's presence. He knows he needs to take shit more seriously when the GOAT's around.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:20 am

Bankz wrote:
Firenze wrote:Ligue 1 is beyond a joke. Average lvl of the second tier of English football.

Mbappe performs in thesame league and he is regarded as one of the best in the world same as Lewandowski in the bundesliga.

Yet when Neymar  doesn’t perform it becomes an issue. The “league is trash” narrative doesn’t apply to Neymar lmaooo

Bundesliga > Ligue 1 and last I checked Mbappe delivered in the CL regularly. But sure goals and assists against Lille and Clermont are basically the same.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:57 pm

You mean the one time PSG went to CL finals and Neymar took them there while Mbappe was playing injured? Or when mbappe couldn't take PSG past United when Neymar was injured?

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:57 pm

Actually dude, the reason PSG made it to the "final 4" CL tournament that season was Mbappe...  he just couldn't play anywhere near 100% was because this happened to him the week before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbWh7ij_ZDk

The fact that he even played those games was a minor miracle.  I thought the guy broke his ankle/leg.

Neymar played 7 CL games that year and had 3 goals and 4 assists
Mbappe played 10 CL games and had 5 goals and 6 assists

Just so you understand.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:41 am

Ppl dont even watch PSG matches n make decisions on their little knowledge of the games, etc. Mbappe is their most important player period.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:54 am

BarcaLearning wrote:Ppl dont even watch PSG matches n make decisions on their little knowledge of the games, etc. Mbappe is their most important player period.
I'm glad I'm on the opposite side of you on this argument. Just confirmed what I believed

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:08 am

Do you watch Ligue 1 ?
Mbappe is by far the most important PSG player. No wonder they did all they could to keep him and even tried to sell Neymar.
Mbappé is Ligue 1 best player and best scorer for the third year in a row .
Neymar played something like 45 to 50% of PSG games in that span...

Neymar being a more gifted player doesnt equal being the better player. He's having a great start of sesason tho, hopefully he can keep that level for the whole season even if he doenst win the WC.

LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:41 am

Mbappe is like what 21? Ofc they tried to lock him in. His potential is insane but everyone trying to play neymar down bc he's unlikeable and injured all the time is obvious. Saying mbappe delivers in the CL and neymar doesn't is hilarious when Neymar is the only other person to get top goal scorer in CL besides CR7 and messi during their run and he actually has a CL trophey is insane to me

Never have I said neymar was more important or that mbappe is not important to PSG lol. All i implied was that neymar has been more influential in CL than mbappe

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:31 am

No he is 23 turning 24 in December
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:22 am

Clutch wrote:Mbappe is like what 21? Ofc they tried to lock him in. His potential is insane but everyone trying to play neymar down bc he's unlikeable and injured all the time is obvious. Saying mbappe delivers in the CL and neymar doesn't is hilarious when Neymar is the only other person to get top goal scorer in CL besides CR7 and messi during their run and he actually has a CL trophey is insane to me

Never have I said neymar was more important or that mbappe is not important to PSG lol. All i implied was that neymar has been more influential in CL than mbappe

More than half a decade ago before he even joined PSG.. I think we're talking about the recent past and btw I don't think anyone doubts Neymar is incredibly talented but in the more recent seasons his contribution in the CL has been limited. Scoring loads against 2nd tier teams in Ligue 1 won't change anyones opinion on him and I'd say that's completely normal.
If you don't play in a top league obviously you will be mostly judged based on your performance in the CL. It's not like this is something that happens to Neymar only. The same will happen to Mbappe if he stops performing in the CL and national team.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:51 am

Comparing the overall contribution between Neymar v Mbappe is just plain silly.

The CL highlights of two years ago will be highlighted given Nerman is a more flashy player who is naturally more exciting to watch but it was on a very small sample size, relatively speaking. Neymar has bested him on every regard as especially big matches v skilled teams in which he came out on top, rather than the Brazilian who just...isnt the same and is just 30.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:18 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Ppl dont even watch PSG matches n make decisions on their little knowledge of the games, etc. Mbappe is their most important player period.

Isn't fun to FINALLY watch MNM play like this?  I was waiting all last season for this type of fluid play.  Granted, Neymar was fat and/or injured and Messi (understandably I might add) was traumatized by the way he departed Barca and needed time.

Thank god for Galtier.  Another cringe year with Poche wasting talent would have made me stop watching.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:00 pm

Couldnt agree more Sport Very Happy Last season was definitely disappointing, but all the factors meant it was too soon, and importantly now having Messi at 10 n 2 in front as well as 2 WBs to play to Messi can be at his best Razz Early days but simple fact the team looks more balanced n ready n fluid has made everything look better Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:00 am

Neymar Jr. endorses Jair Bolsonaro for the Brazilian general election.

These Brazilian footballers sure love their right-wingers, is it just because they don't want to pay more taxes?
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:21 pm

Might be, but I think it's more the religious part.

These motherfuckers love to pretend they're good Christians.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:12 pm

Yeah a lot of brazilian footballers are very religious and evangelicals are a core part of Bolsonaro's support
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:41 am

Doesn't Bolsonaro dislike Afro-Brazilians? I knew Neymar wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed off the pitch, but this is a super yikes.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:06 pm

Neymar's endorsement didn't help, Bolsonaro lost hmm
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:53 pm

McLewis wrote:Doesn't Bolsonaro dislike Afro-Brazilians? I knew Neymar wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed off the pitch, but this is a super yikes.
Didn't Neymar say he was white Laughing

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:14 pm

Eh, I wouldn't be so quick to apply US race-based conventions (which are frankly pretty fucked up) the rest of the world. In Brazil the race spectrum is a lot wider, with survey results leading to like 130 different classifications

http://www.mixedracestudies.org/?p=19063

In Brazil race is not an identity like it is in the US (or at least, not anywhere as much), it's more of a descriptor
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:57 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Eh, I wouldn't be so quick to apply US race-based conventions (which are frankly pretty fucked up) the rest of the world. In Brazil the race spectrum is a lot wider, with survey results leading to like 130 different classifications

http://www.mixedracestudies.org/?p=19063

In Brazil race is not an identity like it is in the US (or at least, not anywhere as much), it's more of a descriptor
It doesn't matter, neymar is not "white" even if he personally believes he is white

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:17 pm

Except he didn't say that. He was asked "have you been the subject of racism?" And he responded with "Never, it's not like I'm black, right?"

From there to pretending to be white there is a big gap, which you can only get to if you apply the US' 1 drop rule.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:46 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Except he didn't say that. He was asked "have you been the subject of racism?" And he responded with "Never, it's not like I'm black, right?"

From there to pretending to be white there is a big gap, which you can only get to if you apply the US' 1 drop rule.
I didn't see that quote, I was told that he said he was white so if that's wht they're referring to than that's my bad.

Also I don't understand why he'd think black people are the only ones subjected to racism. He could still experience it lol

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next