Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
26 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Cyberpunk 2077 - Page 19 Empty Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Warrior Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:15 am

Just had my first crash as well cheers

I played like 20 hours without big problems, hopefully patch 1.06 don't ruin this

Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:16 am

Cyberpunk 2077 - Page 19 Skjerm15

I don't know what the patch did, but it must've been something minor. Somehow, it feels like the game looks a little bit uglier every time I play it Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:12 am

Really the opposite for me. Came back after a week of holidays, downloaded the giang patch, and the game looks even better.

Turned on all the settings again to check it out and its fixed. All the film grain and camera lens and everything. Looks gorgeous. Have all that plus HDR turned on and tuned.

Looks unbelievably good for a PS4 game in my case, still no crashes as well.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:01 am

Crashed another time for me, seems to happen on collision bugs, and always after 2-3 straight hours of play. No big deal

You reach far yet Rincon ?

In act 2 i barely progress the main story

Found ways to get easy money cause i had shit equipment and low armor, now it's getting serious. I'm at a point where i must choose which attributes to max out and which ones to neglect. Quickhacking been very useful so far, but should i really get deep into that, knowing that crafting skill gives strong weapons that make intelligence less necessary... hmm
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:58 pm

Yeah I'm pretty far. 30 hours in.

I got the right equipment now and almost a ful set of cyberware so encounters flow much better.

Most of my levels are into cool and then reflexes for handguns.

I'm using a smart pistol for big groups, a tech pistol with 300+ dps as my main weapon, and a tech sniper rifle. Got gorilla hands as well to help with melee and the boxing matches.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:42 pm

soooo, I'm about 25-30 hours in and;

Textures are still awful/visuals suck outside of missions where you're in an enclosed area/not in the main city, it'll always be like this on PS4 I guess

averaging a crash every 4-5 hours
City feels kinda lifeless/dead, exploration not all that great in my experience

I had a ridiculous bug at one point yesterday, where a character I killed (legitimately killed) during a mission (he was a boss)..the game acted like this never happened and I killed him again in a side quest later. Very odd.

but I'm enjoying myself a lot because the main story and characters (specifically the major character quest lines) are all fantastic, it's a damn shame about the performance and what not because from what I've played there's a real good story here. Great characters, but again, city is a big disappointment.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:41 pm

That is odd Firenze as the compliments I heard were based a lot around the city and detail but then again the reviews that came out praising CP77 were never for last gen but next gen so it is a shame for anyone to experience it on PS4 and not what it is meant to be played on, even if being mislead by CDPR.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:23 am

Patch 1.06 cause me more harm than good. Especially as i do ping quickhack it starts to freeze a little... makes me nervous Laughing

What Firenze says is true the activity in the streets is erratic especially while driving. You can also park in the middle of the street, do your things inside, come back and the same people are still waiting behind your car. But the city itself, its architecture and road system are amazing.

Came across a easter egg yesterday: for a random gig in Santo Domingo the task is to clean up an area that's a replica of Grove Street in San Andreas. Right away it felt familiar.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:13 am

Warrior wrote:What Firenze says is true the activity in the streets is erratic especially while driving. You can also park in the middle of the street, do your things inside, come back and the same people are still waiting behind your car. But the city itself, its architecture and road system are amazing.

is the AI/NPC improved on next gen?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:33 am

There'll be a free DLC in Q1 2021.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:44 pm

I don't know for next gen. If PS5 has a more crowded city i wonder why (i know nothing about techno) is it because they made a better version of the game or because the game is too demanding for PS4 and it's the console who don't make people appear ? Probably it's a stupid question

On PS4 the AI is assassin's creedesque

What makes the game "hard" is the damage enemies give you, even with top armor and all. Sometimes it is ridiculous how strong they are, but V got enough tools to achieve whatever mission is given.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:51 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Warrior wrote:What Firenze says is true the activity in the streets is erratic especially while driving. You can also park in the middle of the street, do your things inside, come back and the same people are still waiting behind your car. But the city itself, its architecture and road system are amazing.

is the AI/NPC improved on next gen?

its the exact same on all platforms

atrocious AI

I killed an enemy by a doorway and then 10+ enemies one after the other came charging through and fell over the body and I just killed them 1 by 1

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:05 pm

Alleged CDPR dev talks about the state of Cyberpunk 2077 and future plans.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/778998-cyberpunk-2077/79177975/948379792

"CDPR hurt themselves to keep investors safe and sound. Now devs are hearing plans of a "No Man's Sky" style comeback due to late June. The first two patches should come out mid-March, despite what's been said by top execs. There will be major departures from the studio in the coming months. Dev morale is on an all time down and Sony is roasting our asses due to the gigantic volume of refund requests. There will be a meeting today with Sony execs to figure out a way to compensate players threatening with legal action. Sony Japan is specially furious.

More to come in the next couple weeks. Feels terrible, man.

There's no finger pointing as of now. Word on memos comes from the top. The directors and senior devs are taking the flak for the team in what I'd call "an honourable move". Just so you know, we still joke about a quest that got rewritten more than a dozen times, because a certain top dog wasn't "feeling it". It ended up being cut from the final product and should come on a later DLC next year.

There's people that get hired for whatever reason and stay in the company due to being "trusted by the top dogs". A good chunk of code is getting scrapped and rewritten from scratch. The intended game might be ready by June 2021.

That's already done and ready since February. It didn't get implemented because of a major UI bug that is still present in the retail copies. If you open your .dat files you'll find a lot of scrapped content still in there.
If you want a refund, please ask for it. It positively impacts us as devs, because we've warned the leads a MILLION times about that kind of s***. Most cosmetic overhauls should be ready by the 2nd big update, hopefully.

The update that is due to June will sort out all of the bugs. The code for the PS4/Xbox One is getting scrapped and done separately. PS5's code is an improvement on the PC due to the awesome dev kit Sony put together for this gen.

You'd be amazed by how much is already done. That "cut content so people finish the main quest" talk was all bulls***. Most apartments with "Closed (locked)" indications used to be lootable, we've scrapped 50,000+ lines of dialogue and I believe the June update will bring a whole lot of cut content back into the game.

Address the cut content as well. If they see that you guys are asking for s*** to be put back into the game, we might actually make the game we intended back in 2018. There used to be a huge underground part of the city that the public never got to see because it "looked ugly" to the execs. It was f***ing awesome and felt like the malkavian/nosferatu path on Vampire the Masquerade.

I don't want to hate on Keanu, but f***ing hell, our original Johnny was way cooler and sounded like a maniac. Think Foltest on crack. I don't appreciate his acting either, but he's a very nice man. Walked up to us personally to greet us on the first day and took time to personally thank us one by one when they wrapped up recording.

The word is his fee was actually manageable and the need for a Star Talent came from outside CDPR. The execs complied, because who the f*** knows? It sucks.

Our original Johnny was heavily inspired by David Hayter's Solid Snake from the first MGS and believe it or not, Cillian Murphy

There was a whole AI routine with minor gang violence in those areas. Stuff you could sit back and watch unfold or directly influence. There was also a lot of drug use with kids that eventually got cut due to inside censorship. There were priests and hare krishna side arcs that got cut due to censorship. Miles wrote a sidequest where a Max Tac officer offed himself and you could take its place but it created such a complex detour from everything tonally that it got cut as well. I hope it comes back, because it felt amazing to get into their headquarters and hack s***. You'd see the police trying to operate and breaking down mid-arrest due to your shenanigans.

Might sound weird, but the disaster launch was actually something beneficial, from our perspective. A cold shower sets priorities straight and so we're able to resume work on what was originally intended without having those f***ers breathing down our necks to publish.

I believe it was due to miscommunication and leads not setting goals like they should. The game was jumbled together for 2019's E3. The last dev comp before the scrap was 160Gb alone. There should be some whistleblowing in the coming weeks if the step downs

Series X was a mere rewrite of code and load orders. Next-gen's architecture is actually very good for ports. It's company policy to release when a game runs without debug hitches and the reason why it did baffles me and is the reason why I started this thread. It's a mix of hubris and deep incompetence from some big names around here. I'm going home for the holidays and really thinking about my friends who will be in the office for the next couple months redoing scrapped work without being able to say "I f***ING TOLD YOU!!! This is your fault, Boss". Next E3 will be bizarre for CDPR, I bet.

We've scrapped two whole arcs because the mission cleaned a save due to a bug with character placement. We've also scrapped a big portion of the underground and sewers because of bugs. Night City had three different types of cab besides Villefort and drivers would hold whole conversations and give quests. That also had to be scrapped.

Police pathfinding script worked wonderfully until somebody screwed the pooch. All I know it is already being fixed. It was a major oversight, of course.

Morgan Blackhand's backstory and a nod to the Coporate Wars. The DLC's will add a lot to the crazy and cool ideas Mike gave us when we began briefing the project. You guys should have the complete game by the end of next year, if everything goes well. I really gotta go now. Take care."
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:17 pm

Sounds like someone extremely low in ranking in the company. A lot of it sounds fan service so not sure how believable it is.

But i think we all expected the game to be a lot better in 6-10 months. But I honestly can't see them re-write AI from scratch. It's essentially remaking the game and there is no business in that. They should fix most of the bugs and start making TW4 imo
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:23 pm

Whether or not this guy is legit should be easily confirmed by whether or not we eventually get the «cut content» that he refers to. Unless, he simply found traces of it in the PC files.

That said, I had a strong feeling that content had been removed from the game. I never got that odd feeling of something being missing from The Witcher 3. Even in some of the optional content, I felt like there was supposed to be more, but it just ended abruptly or a bit anti-climatically instead.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:41 pm

Reads like fanfic
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:22 pm

I just wrapped up my ending, no spoils but I'm definitely going to go back and try the others, made some tactical saves, mostly interested to see how much is illusion of choice because some of the directions I could go seemed pretty different and the route I did take had several big choices too

pretty impressive if the other routes differ a lot

more than satisfied from a gameplay perspective, but lets just say narratively didn't leave me with those same gud vibes vanilla TW3 did

but that's due to my choices

solid 8/10 at least though IMO

Open World is trash, adds nothing, exploration is mediocre at best, narrative and the core characters are 9.5/10 and hard carry the experience
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:03 pm

Guess we all called it?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:27 pm

That was the far more likely truth, to be fair lol
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:08 am

Down another 5% to -44%, or -4,4B$, and two class actions looming around. Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:12 pm

So much for the "they did it to appease the investors"

They did it to appease the "fans" that were sending them death threats.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:19 pm

Yes they did it to appease investors, pretty much everytime buggy game release is forced from top. But they couldn't just predict the clusterfuck the state of the game then created.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:49 am

Inside Cyberpunk 2077's Disastrous Rollout by Jason Schreier

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2021-01-16/cyberpunk-2077-what-caused-the-video-game-s-disastrous-rollout?__twitter_impression=true
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:29 am

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:45 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:So much for the "they did it to appease the investors"

They did it to appease the "fans" that were sending them death threats.

It's both honestly, either way quite clearly the game was rushed out of the door due to poor management.

Regardless of what the reasons were, I've played 3 CDPR games in my life; 2 of them i greatly enjoyed and 1 of them is my personal GOAT so i genuinely hope they figure out what went wrong and it never happens again.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:59 pm

Reading Bloomberg, looks like arrogance from Witcher 3 + execs demanding 2020 release (when devs estimated the game to be ready on 2022) + plan to double dip on old gen/current gen led to this.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum: