Swanhends
poolsupporter
andiii
Great Leader Sprucenuce
lenear1030
51 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Joey Barton Appreciation Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Joey Barton Appreciation Thread

Post by Lex Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:11 pm

Mole, no-one blamed the ref for our inability to win the game today

Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Joey Barton Appreciation Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Joey Barton Appreciation Thread

Post by Eman Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:04 am

I actually thought the referee was fair for the majority of the game, but when shit hit the fan he appeared to panic. GyansDancingBoots said in the Arsenal section earlier that TalkSport had reported the referees' headsets stopped working near the end of the match due to the batteries losing power, so this may have affected his ability to keep control Neutral. Replays actually suggest he wasn't looking when the Gervinho incident started, so this combined with difficult communications might have affected his decision making.

Regardless, I think the majority of us Arsenal fans consider Song lucky not to get sent off. I thought Gervinho was fouled and then attacked, and clearly some of the non-Arsenal fans think he dove, but while I respect your viewpoints, the generalized criticism and hatred of all Arsenal fans by a few of the posters in this thread (not Mole) is ridiculous. I would ask if you were trolling, but I know you are not. Just because you disagree with us doesn't make us 'bias' or 'liars.'
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:08 am

Remember what Crapello was saying.. "Barton is dangerous"..
Again he proves it..
He is a psycho.. He needs rehabilitation first.. We cant allow criminals in the field...
& i dont think Gervinho dived.. It was clear in the replay..
Some may admit fairness by saying Song should have sent off which is correct..
But thats not a reason to explain Bartons actions...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:26 am

Wrong man got sent off. Song and Barton should of seen red, not Gervinho. Gervinho didn't do anything to warrant Barton to sexually harass him in public. It's not like he went chasing the referee for the PK...

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:28 am

"Merely called out a fellow professional for blatantly cheating. Everyone hates cheats," Barton tweeted.

What a frakking punk, who is the real cheater here.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:30 am

^
1. convicted twice on charges of violence

2. 5/20/2008 - sentenced to six months imprisonment for common assault and affray

3. 8/1/2008 - body harm to former teammate Ousmane Dabo

4. 11/10/2010 - Full Punch to Pederson and only get yellow card

5. 12/11/2010 - direct homophobic remarks to Fernando Torres

6.2/5/2011 - Full Tackle on Diaby which result a full grab in the neck

7. 8/13/11 Gervinho red card

Stolen from a YT comment. Seems reliable, bar the homophobic remarks to 'Nando.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:46 am

On the incident between Gervinho and Barton.

There was slight contact on Gervinho, not enough to fall down, but enough to suggest the possibility of tripping or losing foot.

Barto then goes and drags Gervinho by his shirt from the back and pulls him around. If not for his teammates Barton would have probably broke the guys neck.
What beastly attitude. A straight Red IMO. Gervinho so called slap landed by mistake on Barton's face, and the way he collapsed is hilarious. Yellow for Gervinho for retaliation.

Song's was a red as well.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:53 am

Lord Spencer wrote:On the incident between Gervinho and Barton.

There was slight contact on Gervinho, not enough to fall down, but enough to suggest the possibility of tripping or losing foot.

Barto then goes and drags Gervinho by his shirt from the back and pulls him around. If not for his teammates Barton would have probably broke the guys neck.
What beastly attitude. A straight Red IMO. Gervinho so called slap landed by mistake on Barton's face, and the way he collapsed is hilarious. Yellow for Gervinho for retaliation.

Song's was a red as well.

Yes Song should have been red carded, but what Barton did is just crazy, the guy is straight up a bitch.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:18 am

Barton and Gervinho should both have been red carded.

But hey, look at it this way: The game was looking like a draw in any case and this was a nicely spicy start to the seasons of these two teams :geek:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:21 am

What Song did was as disgraceful as Barton and all 3 deserved red card imo
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:44 am

BeautifulGame wrote:What Song did was as disgraceful as Barton and all 3 deserved red card imo

Trust me, Wenger must have body slammed him with the help of couple of other players for doing that. Very Happy
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:47 am

Man i'm starting to think that the refs aren't giving him reds coz they're too scared of him......
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by drakefyre Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:01 am

I dont think most Arsenal fans are too worried abt the result , these are turbulent times for the club , and all most expect in the first two weeks is going thru the playoffs . In fact , I can remember a few posts in the Arsenal section which said they wouldnt be too disappointed with Europa league either .

What pisses me of really is ... Gervinho will now miss 3 games . Song will miss 3 games after the review . While Barton , has just a yellow . And no this is not the first time this has happened , the exact same thing happened last season .

And to all those who say Barton is being unfairly criticized , he has a history of similar offences . I mean , the only reason people concluded Gervinho dived even before watching the replay was bcos he dived earlier in the match . It's ironic if the same people say Barton is being crucified because of something that happened in the past .

drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeHunt Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:11 am

oh yay another diver in the EPL. i hope that red card was for the dive and not the slap to the face and f&%*$ barton for taking it like a busquets. he's meant to have a tough guy image. but i don't see anything wrong with the way barton manhandled gervinho. that's exactly how divers should be treated.

MikeHunt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by gkamtu Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:39 am

what happen to gerv is he still in the game or he will change after this card cause he knows to play....
gkamtu
gkamtu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:56 pm

I think Barton deserved a red, gervinho too possibly. But really, Barton's overeacted in a violent manner IMO.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:00 pm

Senor Penguin wrote:
bhends wrote:
imalegend wrote:most arsenal fans if not all admit.....Song deserves a red card and that gervinho did too..but we are talking about Barton here....

he himself just wrote it's that diving is a disgrace and that your a cheat if you blatantly con the ref....which he himself did....

btw he said himself admitted he went down easily...

@henrywinter @RobbieSavage8 I went down easy, no doubt. Still cant raise ur hands. Agree or not?
20 minutes ago

I think you're misunderstanding him...

Going down easily is not blatantly conning the ref...Barton himself said on twitter "If theres contact go down"
There was contact.....he went down. It's basically the Busquets mentality....Did Motta hit him in the face? Yes....Was it enough to make him fall down and roll around covering his face? Hell fking no....But Busquets did it to draw the refs attention to the fact that it happened

I'm not saying thats okay or thats the right thing to do (I'm against it, personally) but thats what Barton is using as his defense

Blatantly conning the ref is the literal definition of diving: going to ground with no contact in order to gain an advantage
Busquets could get kicked in the balls and he'd still be clutching his face. He has a serious case of referred itch.

Busquets just wanted to be loved!

Is that too much to ask!
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:02 pm

MikeHunt wrote:oh yay another diver in the EPL. i hope that red card was for the dive and not the slap to the face and f&%*$ barton for taking it like a busquets. he's meant to have a tough guy image. but i don't see anything wrong with the way barton manhandled gervinho. that's exactly how divers should be treated.

Your name suits you perfectly...

And he didnt dive you dimwit

Gervinho did exactly as Barton did, there was contact(minimal) from Tiote(i think tht was the player) , so why shouldnt he go down?

Last edited by AnJl on Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:03 pm

You know, it could have gone

yellow for diving and a yellow for violence for Gervinho.

yellow for Barton for violence.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:30 pm

Worst part isn't so much the result itself, but as a few have said Arsenal will now miss Gervinho and possibly Song too for a crucial run of EPL games which includes games against Liverpool and Man Utd. Meanwhile, Barton appears to have gotten away with nothing. That is unfair punishment given the actual events that took place.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeHunt Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:33 pm

AnJl wrote:
MikeHunt wrote:oh yay another diver in the EPL. i hope that red card was for the dive and not the slap to the face and f&%*$ barton for taking it like a busquets. he's meant to have a tough guy image. but i don't see anything wrong with the way barton manhandled gervinho. that's exactly how divers should be treated.

Your name suits you perfectly...

And he didnt dive you dimwit

Gervinho did exactly as Barton did, there was contact(minimal) from Tiote(i think tht was the player) , so why shouldnt he go down?

oh so contact equals a foul these days? even if its not enough to actually enough to force somebody down, if the player feels contact they have the right to go down? what a load of rubbish. tiote's physical actions should decide whether gervinho should fall down or not. gervinho should not be thinking in his head "when's the right time to go down". if tiote misses the ball completely and there's enough physical force to pull down gervinho's body down, then he will trip over and the ref will decide whether its a foul or not. as for gervinho's he should always be trying to stay on his feet and play football. what gervinho did is still simulation and it's cheating.

MikeHunt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:36 pm

Nobody gets a straight red for diving. It has never happened in the history of the sport. Gervinho was sent off for Barton acting like a vagina
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:48 am

“I can’t take responsibility for what Gervinho did," Barton told BBC Radio 5 Live . "I did go downeasily, I’ve been hit harder by people at school, but that’s notto make what he did right. He raised his hands; we all know the rules about that. I have made a meal of it.”
he admits he is a cheater and criminal right from his childhood..?Laughing
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:15 pm

So, Song charged by the FA for "violent conduct" Barton gets off with a yellow

Lord, give me the strength to endure this season of gimpy officiating and twat footballers
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:34 pm

I give thee the strength Very Happy

But on topic, if it was a dive, Gervinho would get a three or two game ban.

Barton would get the same, the way he manhandled Gervinho was just wrong.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:20 am

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton
@
@Joey7Barton thanks mate
27 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

he just thanked himself Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next