Luca
El Gunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Freeza
RealGunner
15 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:00 pm

Freeza wrote:Has already calmed down

Not based on what I've seen lol, although I don't know how bad it was in pre season.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:19 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Not based on what I've seen lol, although I don't know how bad it was in pre season.

All Lakers pre season games both teams were in the bonus every quarter after 3 minutes because of it.

Have only seen 1 or 2 calls like that in the regular season games.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:44 pm

Freeza wrote:

All Lakers pre season games both teams were in the bonus every quarter after 3 minutes because of it.

Have only seen 1 or 2 calls like that in the regular season games.

Fair enough, if that's the case it gives me hope tbh. I think it's a good idea but would like a little more fine tuning done.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:13 am

I mean, no one likes a low scoring game in the 80's or 90's of points, where teams can't shoot for crap or something.

But like, a healthy scoreline of 114-109 or something, or even 105-98 is perfect for me.

High scoring games are annoying. I want defense to be played and it's tiring to watch teams run back and forth and launch up a 3 pointer 5 seconds into the shot clock every possession. Honestly it's an eyesore to me. Houston are unwatchable.

The playoffs slow the game down a bit and teams play harder defense and scores go down as a result. The speed that playoff games are played at is my ideal.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:18 am

High scoring doesn’t mean no defense though.

Offensive rating is the only way to compare how easy it is to score for teams.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:19 am

CBarca wrote:I mean, no one likes a low scoring game in the 80's or 90's of points, where teams can't shoot for crap or something.

But like, a healthy scoreline of 114-109 or something, or even 105-98 is perfect for me.

High scoring games are annoying. I want defense to be played and it's tiring to watch teams run back and forth and launch up a 3 pointer 5 seconds into the shot clock every possession. Honestly it's an eyesore to me. Houston are unwatchable.

The playoffs slow the game down a bit and teams play harder defense and scores go down as a result. The speed that playoff games are played at is my ideal.

While I agree I don't think it's that black and white. For example we are averaging 140 points through the first two games.

But we aren't chucking up shots, we are moving/pushing the ball with pace, exploiting mismatches and mostly getting really easy looks.

I think high scoring games can be entertaining depending on the style of play, just chucking up shots isn't entertaining but playing how Golden State do when Curry is in full flow is.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:38 am

I for one think Houston are unwatchable. Just because of the style. They’re actually making me like GSW again.

Not a fan of watching iso ball. It’s kind of perverse and no system stuff
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:43 am

That's what I mean, it purely comes to style IMO. Man Too could score 130 goals a season and they'd still send me to sleep.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:44 am

Russ Proud

11-4-4 after one quarter back from an injury, man is a freak.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:04 am

CBarca wrote:I mean, no one likes a low scoring game in the 80's or 90's of points, where teams can't shoot for crap or something.

While I agree I don't think it's that black and white. For example we are averaging 140 points through the first two games.

But we aren't chucking up shots, we are moving/pushing the ball with pace, exploiting mismatches and mostly getting really easy looks.

I think high scoring games can be entertaining depending on the style of play, just chucking up shots isn't entertaining but playing how Golden State do when Curry is in full flow is.

Yeah you're absolutely right. There is a big difference to me in the way Golden State play and Houston play, and I do enjoy watching GS play.

I'm not trying to say that high scoring games mean bad defense or chucking up shots but rather that in high scoring games the pace is too fast for me and I do think there is a tendency for those games to incorporate more shot chucking or bad defense than a lower scoring game. This my preference.

But no, obviously it's more nuanced. Obviously the opposite isn't necessarily true either. I've seen low scoring games with a lot of chucking and ugly play.

I'm just speaking about my preference and on the tendency of a high or low scoring game to look a certain way.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:31 am

*trying not to overreact*
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:08 am

Funny how we only scored 149 against Sacramento because it's the Kings when OKC lost to them and Utah only scraped by in the final minute.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:33 am

Someone here said Orlando is terrible, they're beating Celtics with a little under a minute to go.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:48 am

Luke Walton is terrible
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:53 am

Three years and no offense installed

Brilliant basketball mind

LeBron do your thing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:00 am

Lonzo already better than LeBron

I feel vindicated
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:05 am

TFW Lance Stephenson is your second best player
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:32 am

Convince me KCP isn't just Lucas Vazquez in disguise
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:59 am

Imagine being DeMar...

Being depressed

Getting traded far away from LeBron

And now this
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:14 am

Khris Middleton is an all star.

He was last year.

Why so much disrespect?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:20 am

Kill me...

Fire Luke Walton now... I'm done with that f'ing idiot
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:29 am

38 - 26 in free throws once again.

Gotta love it
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:40 am

CBarca wrote:Khris Middleton is an all star.

He was last year.

Why so much disrespect?

He probably will be this year but last year he wasn't lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:58 pm

Watched the Lakers v Spurs game coz woke up at silly o'clock and couldn't get sleep. How did the Lakers let their C and PF situation get so bad? They had no post-up game whatsoever. Just driving to the basket or shooting threes all game long.

Also, who was it that told me during the draft that Lavine was a bad pick? Ya'll been sleeping, sleeping I say!

Just too bad the rest of this Bulls team are crap.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:36 pm

Art Morte wrote:Watched the Lakers v Spurs game coz woke up at silly o'clock and couldn't get sleep. How did the Lakers let their C and PF situation get so bad? They had no post-up game whatsoever. Just driving to the basket or shooting threes all game long.

Also, who was it that told me during the draft that Lavine was a bad pick? Ya'll been sleeping, sleeping I say!

Just too bad the rest of this Bulls team are crap.

How is our PF situation bad? We've got LeBron there. No need to ever take a post up really when you can drive as welll as we can.

Also McGee is good. And J Williams did a great job when he came on.

Luke Walton playing Zubac and KCP the amount of minutes he is is just straight negligence. Don't know what he's seeing in them that no one else seems to be.

Zubac in 4 minutes got 5 fouls and let Aldridge score 14 points on him. How a coach can let it get that far is ridiculous to me.

Also Josh Hart is probably the guy the refs hate the most. Can't get a call to save his life.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:54 pm

Freeza wrote:Imagine being DeMar...

Being depressed

Getting traded far away from LeBron

And now this

I think he feels pretty good right now Proud

Freeza. Can y’all win a game? Thanks

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next