Mbappe is the biggest fraud in football today.

+51
Winter is Coming
McAgger
El Gunner
elitedam
AlphaBeast
Mamad
Casciavit
S
Perucho21
futbol_bill
Bankz
zigra
The Demon of Carthage
The Madrid One
danyjr
mr-r34
frbenzema2014
Robespierre
Harmonica
FennecFox7
BarcaLearning
jibers
chad4401
Valkyrja
sportsczy
Mr Nick09
halamadrid2
CBarca
BarrileteCosmico
Lucifer
titosantill
farfan
Myesyats
Hapless_Hans
adun101
BORUSSIA!!
M99
Arquitecto
Thimmy
BusterLfc
Kaladin
Art Morte
rincon
Unique
RealGunner
Beautiful Football
Firenze
Doc
futbol
urbaNRoots
Great Leader Sprucenuce
55 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Mbappe is the biggest fraud in football today. - Page 7 Empty Re: Mbappe is the biggest fraud in football today.

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:52 am

sportsczy wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
Unique wrote:let klopp have this player for 2 years and he would be the best player in the world.
Zidane will take care of that. you handle Minamono
who has zidane turned into a world beater? valverde? too early imo

Let's see... Casemiro, Benzema, Marcelo (last two were more recovery cases). He made Isco useful during his first term too... that one looks like a hard one this time around. Valverde although it's too early. He's working on Rodrygo.

Marcelo was always amongst the best in his position and Benzema was always going to improve without CR...

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Mbappe is the biggest fraud in football today. - Page 7 Empty Re: Mbappe is the biggest fraud in football today.

Post by Valkyrja Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:52 am

farfan wrote:What exactly is the argument for Ronaldo 2003-2006 being the better talent? hmm Other than some subjective assessment of "talent", I just don't see how you can make that case.

are human eyes an argument ? what CR could do with a football is beyond what Mbappe can dream of doing and I’m not joking
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:46 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
farfan wrote:What exactly is the argument for Ronaldo 2003-2006 being the better talent? hmm Other than some subjective assessment of "talent", I just don't see how you can make that case.

are human eyes an argument ? what CR could do with a football is beyond what Mbappe can dream of doing and I’m not joking

LOOOL

You can tell those that did not watch united regularly back then.

Fffs Rooney was seen as the bigger talent before 06/07.

What exactly could CR do wit a football that is beyond what Mbappe is doing now back then? Pointless step overs? Mbappe is a better player now than every iteration of CR and depending on how it goes this season could actually surpass CRs 06/07 season.

Again, Ronaldo was seen as a show pony with no end product and he frustrated both the fans and his teammates. I mean him running and ball hogging led to RvN falling out with him. His game improved when he stopped doing his useless dribbling.

Give the current Mbappe the space that CR had in the prem back then and he would kill the premier league. The standard of the EPL and football is generally much higher than it was back then.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:58 pm

No matter how many times you write that Ronaldo was seen as a show pony with no end product, it wont make it true. Ronaldo was seen as a massive talent and next superstar by anyone who saw him.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:01 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
Unique wrote:let klopp have this player for 2 years and he would be the best player in the world.
Zidane will take care of that. you handle Minamono
who has zidane turned into a world beater? valverde? too early imo
hummm no one really, but who cares? MBAPPE is already a made man
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:24 pm

Jobbers doesn’t care about Ronaldo. He even defended him once hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:29 pm

Rooney was never a better talent than Ronaldo, that's complete madness. He matured at a younger age just like Mbappe but how on earth does that make either of these two bigger talents than Ronaldo. Ridiculous and easily the worst post of the year.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:36 pm

I love Mbappe and I would jump at the chance of signing him without hesitation. However, the claim that he's a bigger talent than Ronaldo or even equal to him is ridiculous.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:52 pm

rincon wrote:No matter how many times you write that Ronaldo was seen as a show pony with no end product, it wont make it true. Ronaldo was seen as a massive talent and next superstar by anyone who saw him.

The whole argument here is that Mbappe is inferior to Ronaldo at the same age which is utter BS. He was seen as a massive talent that would not achieve his potential because of his attitude on the field. hell even his teamates like Rio, Scholes and Vidic have come out and said it in interviews, but I guess I'll take your wird for it.

When Valk is saying Mbappe can only dream of doing what Ronaldo did I have to respond as someone who watched every single game that Ronaldo played at United.

zigra wrote:Rooney was never a better talent than Ronaldo, that's complete madness. He matured at a younger age just like Mbappe but how on earth does that make either of these two bigger talents than Ronaldo. Ridiculous and easily the worst post of the year.

Emphasis on "was seen". Can you read? Obviously Ronaldo has left him in the dust and is an all time player now. I'm talking about back then. I highly doubt most of the people here were following United week in week out back then.

The Demon of Carthage wrote:I love Mbappe and I would jump at the chance of signing him without hesitation. However, the claim that he's a bigger talent than Ronaldo or even equal to him is ridiculous.

The argument is that Mbappe is superior to Ronaldo at the same age which cannot be disputed by anyone who watched both of them regularly. The word Talent here means zilch to me. I'm talking about performance. Obviously Ronaldo hit another level but we are comparing them age for age not peak for peak. Peak for Peak Ronaldo is only surpassed by Messi in this era (arguable to some).

Mbappe at 18-20 is superior to Ronaldo from 18-20. That is all
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:58 pm

Again, a lot of pearl-clutching and still no substantial arguments for why we should rate 2003-2006 Ronaldo as the better player. hmm

farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:01 pm

jibers wrote:
Mbappe at 18-20 is superior to Ronaldo from 18-20. That is all

It's like they deliberately shift the discussion to current Mbappé vs current Ronaldo.

I'm supposed to believe the goof with the 90's haircut who finished his first two seasons at Man U with 0 CL goals and single-digit goal tally in the league is better than current Mbappé? GTFO.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:10 pm

jibers wrote: The word Talent here means zilch to me. I'm talking about performance.

Amen.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:17 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
jibers wrote: The word Talent here means zilch to me. I'm talking about performance.

Amen.

And yet, you’re a big fan of Dembele and Pogba hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:47 pm

I dont see how mbappe vs cristiano at 18-20 is even a debate or a fair comparison. There's no debate to be had tbh. How old was mbappe when him and Monaco wuz winning a league that had psg in it? Mbappe vs R9 at that age is a more reasonable debate. Mbappe put everyone on notice after that Monaco season, like he put the football world on notice immediately.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:05 pm

I'm inclined to agree with jibers after he clarified what he meant. Ronaldo at Mbappe's age was more focused on putting on a show instead of playing for the team. His primary concern was to beat and humiliate defenders and as a result he would lose the ball a lot and his end product was almost nonexistant. He was very frustrating to watch.

With that being said, I don't think Mbappe will ever become as good as Ronaldo. He may have peaked earlier but Ronaldo's peak and consistency are god level and, just like jibers pointed out, are only matched and surpassed by Messi.

I also don't think he'll ever be able to replicate Ronaldo's numbers or have the sort of impact the Portuguese has made in world football.

And so, if I had the choice to invest in either a 18-year old Mbappe or a 18-year old Ronaldo knowing fully well that Mbappe looks slightly more promising in the same age bracket, I would go for Ronaldo without a blink.

We all know now the sort of monster he became later, and as much as I love Mbappe, I don't think he'll ever get close to being that.

It's a bald statement for a player Who's widely seen as a generational one, I know. But Ronaldo in my opinion is a different beast.

I could be wrong, time will tell.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:21 pm

jibers wrote:
zigra wrote:Rooney was never a better talent than Ronaldo, that's complete madness. He matured at a younger age just like Mbappe but how on earth does that make either of these two bigger talents than Ronaldo. Ridiculous and easily the worst post of the year.

Emphasis on "was seen". Can you read? Obviously Ronaldo has left him in the dust and is an all time player now. I'm talking about back then. I highly doubt most of the people here were following United week in week out back then.

Rooney was seen as a better talent by clueless clowns only though :coffee: His natural talent was never close to that of our beloved Kommander. Of course people who don't really understand football seem to think that being a better player at the same age automatically makes you a better talent. But the only reason Rooney was (and Mbappe is) better than a young Ronaldo was because the latter still had to mature.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:00 pm

What are people even arguing here? Mbappe at Ronaldo’s age basically smokes Ronaldo and then some. Yes, mbappe might not really be an eye candy or all that much of an exciting player to watch but performance wise? Man tears Ronaldo apart like an action movie scene ffs.... keyword here is ‘At the same age’.

That being said, peaking early equally means absolute zilch whatsoever in football and mbappe might still be at this level or maybe even regress for all we care. Let’s not act like he’s ever going to be as good as prime  Ronaldo. Aguero, Rooney, Robinho, Adriano, Torres, and Owen were busy doing their age mates dirty as teenagers so that means nothing.. I feel everyone is milking this mbappe’s age thing for far too long.

What I think valk is saying is that If mbappe was 25, nobody will watch him like this and say ‘omg I want that playaaaaa bloody hell’ but you could definitely make that case for Ronaldo at a young age. Though I might still be wrong on what he really means but that’s what I understood.

My honest opinion of mbappe is that while he’s the best youngster in the world today, he’s really nothing too special outside of what he’s doing for ‘his age’ tbh. Put mbappe in the body of a 26 year old and what he’s doing would be considered normal but put a 31 year old benzema’s performance this year in the body of a 20 year old and you’ll have people thinking he’s some generational talent tbh. Mbappe feels too limited in his skillset and what he has aren’t things that can be improved that much upon.

PS mbappe has absolutely nothing on Henry.. and I mean nothing whatsoever. He’s basically a poor mans henry without the technical ability and big game presence (for now).

Man barely even has any single impressive non tap-in goals, which is the bread and butter of every teenage sensation ffs Laughing

Last edited by Bankz on Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:06 pm

Bankz wrote:What are people even arguing here? Mbappe at Ronaldo’s age basically smokes Ronaldo and then some. Yes, mbappe might not really be an eye candy or all that much of an exciting player to watch but performance wise? Man tears Ronaldo apart like an action movie scene ffs.... keyword here is ‘At the same age’.

That being said, peaking early equally means absolute zilch whatsoever in football and mbappe might still be at this level or maybe even regress for all we care. Let’s not act like he’s ever going to be as good as prime  Ronaldo. Aguero, Rooney, Robinho, Adriano, Torres, and Owen were busy doing their age mates dirty as teenagers so that means nothing.. I feel everyone is milking this mbappe’s age thing for far too long.

What I think valk is saying is that If mbappe was 25, nobody will watch him like this and say ‘omg I want that playaaaaa bloody hell’ but you could definitely make that case for Ronaldo at a young age. Though I might still be wrong on what he really means but that’s what I understood.

My honest opinion of mbappe is that while he’s the best youngster in the world today, he’s really nothing too special outside of what he’s doing for ‘his age’ tbh. He feels too limited in his skillset and what he has, aren’t things that can be improved that much upon. Put mbappe in the body of a 26 year old and what he’s doing would be considered normal but put a 31 year old benzema’s performance this year in the body of a 20 year old and you’ll have people thinking he’s some generational talent tbh.

PS mbappe has absolutely nothing on Henry.. and I mean nothing whatsoever.

bankz ffs Proud

Disagree on the bolded part.

How is his skillset limited?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:34 pm

Who exactly is arguing that teenage Ronaldo was better than teenage Mbappe? And what point is there to either side of that argument? scratch Has Chad taken over this forum? Is our next course of action to bring a future soldier back in time, in order to prevent mankind’s impending doom at the hands of Isco?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:02 pm

Bankz wrote:What are people even arguing here? Mbappe at Ronaldo’s age basically smokes Ronaldo and then some. Yes, mbappe might not really be an eye candy or all that much of an exciting player to watch but performance wise? Man tears Ronaldo apart like an action movie scene ffs.... keyword here is ‘At the same age’.

My honest opinion of mbappe is that while he’s the best youngster in the world today, he’s really nothing too special outside of what he’s doing for ‘his age’ tbh. Put mbappe in the body of a 26 year old and what he’s doing would be considered normal but put a 31 year old benzema’s performance this year in the body of a 20 year old and you’ll have people thinking he’s some generational talent tbh. Mbappe feels too limited in his skillset and what he has aren’t things that can be improved that much upon.

PS mbappe has absolutely nothing on Henry.. and I mean nothing whatsoever. He’s basically a poor mans henry without the technical ability and big game presence (for now).

Man barely even has any single impressive non tap-in goals, which is the bread and butter of every teenage sensation ffs Laughing

exactly what i’m saying

where’s that left foot ? can he head the ball ? score from distance ? leave players in the dust with skill and technique ? i haven’t seen him do that yet

Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:07 pm

Thimmy wrote:Who exactly is arguing that teenage Ronaldo was better than teenage Mbappe? And what point is there to either side of that argument? scratch Has Chad taken over this forum? Is our next course of action to bring a future soldier back in time, in order to prevent mankind’s impending doom at the hands of Isco?

Is this a serious question? Laughing Valkyrja for starters, and all the others who disagreed with Jibers.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:22 pm

Are we just gonna ignore in what league MWalcottbe is playing in?

Nicolas Pepe last season in Ligue Uber Eats: 22 goals. So far at Arsenal halfway through the season? 2 goals. Laughing

Depay at United: 7 goals in 2 years. Now in Ligue Uber Eats 1: 9 goals in 12 games. Laughing

Even washed up Di Maria is hitting double digit numbers like an elite striker. Laughing

In a real league without being on the team that is 59382039 times as rich as the 2nd best team, he would score 15 goals a season and be seen as a Sterling level talent at best with pace and little else to his game.

Pipe down now with the nonsense comparisons. I don't see any headlines week in week out how he destroys opponents with skill other than scoring tap ins against part time baguette bakers.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:35 pm

For the Mbappe vs Cristiano debate

If one's question who I found to be more talented at 20, it's Cristiano. Not even gonna bother with the details because that's not even necessary. If one's question is who has done more at 20, it's obviously Mbappe. Forget trophies, Mbappe really entered the fray in grand fashion and continues to put in serious numbers each season. Cristiano "only" started to get into his now legendary form when he turned 21 (06/07) season (technically it was 20 going to 21 but let's just say 21).

As for Rooney being more talented, lol. Ok. We just making stuff up as we getting older it seems.

Here's another thing that seems to be ignored: league. Mbappe plays in a pretty mediocre league with an extremely stacked team. Twice. Yes, Monaco was pretty good. Cristiano, from 2003 - 2006 had to not only adapt to a whole new league but a whole country and a Utd side that wasn't necessarily as good as one might think.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:36 pm

futbol wrote:Are we just gonna ignore in what league MWalcottbe is playing in?

Nicolas Pepe last season in Ligue Uber Eats: 22 goals. So far at Arsenal halfway through the season? 2 goals. Laughing

Depay at United: 7 goals in 2 years. Now in Ligue Uber Eats 1: 9 goals in 12 games. Laughing

Even washed up Di Maria is hitting double digit numbers like an elite striker. Laughing

In a real league without being on the team that is 59382039 times as rich as the 2nd best team, he would score 15 goals a season and be seen as a Sterling level talent at best with pace and little else to his game.

Pipe down now with the nonsense comparisons. I don't see any headlines week in week out how he destroys opponents with skill other than scoring tap ins against part time baguette bakers.

Omg, thank you. I was wondering if ANYONE was gonna mention the league in which Mbappe plays in.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:42 pm

Doc wrote:
futbol wrote:Are we just gonna ignore in what league MWalcottbe is playing in?

Omg, thank you. I was wondering if ANYONE was gonna mention the league in which Mbappe plays in.

No problem, friend, I'm here to disclose the unknown details.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:51 pm

Doc wrote:I was wondering if ANYONE was gonna mention the league in which Mbappe plays in.

Thanks for the laugh brother Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next