who turned out to be the biggest fraud of last summer's transfer window ?

+21
DeletedUser#1
Gil
RealGunner
zigra
LeBéninois
Ganso
sportsczy
McAgger
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Doc
BarrileteCosmico
Robespierre
El Gunner
Glory
nasir6371
sumon_blue
rwo power
Abramovich
Art Morte
Kaladin
farfan
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

who turned out to be the biggest fraud of last summer's transfer window ? Empty who turned out to be the biggest fraud of last summer's transfer window ?

Post by farfan Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:07 am

who's the player that attracted so much hype and fanfare in the summer , only to flop big time after signing with his team ?

Mangala gets my vote .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

who turned out to be the biggest fraud of last summer's transfer window ? Empty Re: who turned out to be the biggest fraud of last summer's transfer window ?

Post by Kaladin Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:14 am

Markovic
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

who turned out to be the biggest fraud of last summer's transfer window ? Empty Re: who turned out to be the biggest fraud of last summer's transfer window ?

Post by Art Morte Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:16 am

Has Mangala flopped? I wouldn't say so, at least not yet.

Maybe Kagawa and Immobile?

Could you say Filipe Luis has flopped or not just getting games?

Luke Shaw?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:16 am

El Shaarawy wrote:Markovic

There wasn't that much hype about his signing, imo. He's looked better now, too.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:19 am

Luis is slowly getting more games so not him, I'd say Mangala hasn't performed to expected levels though. People were saying finally Kompany has a top CB next to him, but Demi >>>.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:19 am

Art Morte wrote:Maybe Kagawa and Immobile?
Dunno if you can say Kagawa and Immobile *flopped*. The whole Dortmund team were abysmal and they just fit in.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by sumon_blue Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:36 am

Lukaku Crying or Very sad
sumon_blue
sumon_blue
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:37 am

Mangala has not flopped, up until recently we had 4/5 clean sheets in a row with him starting in all of them. Issue is at 23yo he is prone to mistakes. Has all of the physical tool to be a great defender even better than Kompany on most. Mostly mental about when to come forward or to mark the attacker.

Issue is he is prone to mistake, Not Lovren.The talent is their anyone who watches for a couple game can see that. The Burnley game had more to do with Kolarov making his best Ronaldo impression and not tracking back leaving Mangala to cover the LCB and LB position by himself on half of Burnley's counters. Up until recently only Clichy was the available LB, so there were no issue of him not tracking back.
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:49 am

Forgot about Lovern or even Balotelli or Lukaku..
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:56 am

Lukaku is hardly a "new " recruit for everton .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sumon_blue Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:05 pm

Suarez(in term of scoring goals) Clubber
sumon_blue
sumon_blue
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sumon_blue Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:08 pm

farfan wrote:Lukaku is hardly a "new " recruit for everton .

Yes that's true. But the hype was too good.
sumon_blue
sumon_blue
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:06 pm

Art Morte wrote:Has Mangala flopped? I wouldn't say so, at least not yet.

Luke Shaw?

whaaat!! Shocked
he has been an awesome buy for us. Will develop into the best LB in the world in some 4-5 years time. Kid's an absolute beast.

and as far as Luiz, he is hardly playing. so cant say that.

where as Kagawa theres no fanfare and hype around him right now. Hardly a major transfer that was. The entire bvb team is struggling.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:13 pm

Mangala for me too. He was bought for how much again.?? rofl He must have put in decent performances but going by that whopping money they paid for him he has nowhere put in what is expected of him.

Lovren. At least the Pool faithfuls (in general) were making all sorts of noises before that deal went through even if the media and the rest of the lot werent. They apparently had scouted him thoroughly too. Proud

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:16 pm

Luke Shaw?

I agree with you, I wouldn't say Mangala has flopped, at least not yet.

Sometimes criticism can be a bit premature. Yes, he has totally deceived us with his piss poor decision making at times so far at City, but then the old adage comes in - it takes some time for some players to settle into a new team, new league.

As for Kagawa and Immobile.
As rwo said, Dortmund as a whole collective unit have been pretty disappointing so far. Immobile, I'm not sure if he was stat padding for Torino before joining Dortmund, someone will have to give me the numbers, but I think he has done pretty well from the few games that I've seen so far. He can and will only get better and become a more lethal striker imo.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:19 pm

El Gunner wrote:

Luke Shaw?

I agree with you, I wouldn't say Mangala has flopped, at least not yet.

Sometimes criticism can be a bit premature. Yes, he has totally deceived us with his piss poor decision making at times so far at City, but then the old adage comes in - it takes some time for some players to settle into a new team, new league.

hmm
thats a fair point. will wait in that case. but until now he hasnt at all justified that transfer fee.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:00 pm

Mangala for me
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:04 pm

Vermaelen & Lovren
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:26 pm

Lovren so far for me but I think this thread would be best after the season is over. Even my nomination can actually improve (very unlikely but still).
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:29 pm

It's far too early for this tbh, this time last year Negredo was a god and a few months later he was surplus to requirements.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:28 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Markovic

No even close ES

Was injured at the beginning of the season missed a month or so, came back and took a few months to adjust to a new country since he's only 20. And now he's been playing good ever since.

It doesn't help that he hasn't been given consistent game time by Rodgers either.

For us the two flops are Lovren and Balotelli. Probably the two worst buys of the summer.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:01 pm

Lovren has to be the one... he's crap, yet he's seasoned and in his prime years. There's nothing to hope for with this guy. He's had one good year in his entire career.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:22 pm

I haven't watched all of their games, but Managala has been trash every time I watched city this season.

suarez has been quite underwhelming, but it's understandable (considering the ban, Barca system, Messi etc)

Last edited by Ganso on Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:23 pm

How much did Mangala cost?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:44 pm

vermaleen , Lovren but in both cases it"s the clubs' fault . How do you pay that much for these players ...
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next