M99
S
McLewis
silver
Great Leader Sprucenuce
21 posters

Page 10 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 37  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Post by McLewis Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:24 pm

I'm still getting used to AEW and don't really know much about most of the wrestlers who are not former WWE.

The women's division needs some work though. WWE are light years ahead of them in that regard.

The lack of promos and storyline stuff is weird, but I don't think it takes away from the show at this point, but again I just don't know enough of these stars well enough to say that for sure. Just a feeling at this point. I've liked what I've seen by and large.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:28 pm

They're not trying to compete with WWE, that's delusional expectations.

As shite as the WWE product is the reality is they got Fox to pay over a Billion Dollars for Smackdown rights.

They're living in different worlds, as long as they provide an alternative (for fans and wrestlers alike) which they already are then they've been a success.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:35 pm

Oh I don't disagree at all. Just haven't been particularly impressed with the quality of AEW's women matches I've seen so far, which is admittedly a sum total of 2, so take that as you will.

It will improve, I'm sure though.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:37 pm

McLewis wrote:Oh I don't disagree at all. Just haven't been particularly impressed with the quality of AEW's women matches I've seen so far, which is admittedly a sum total of 2, so take that as you will.

It will improve, I'm sure though.

Should of quoted, that was a response to MT.

My fault.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:50 pm

Honestly, I've only come across impressed with one segment in AEW which was the Jericho promo and that was fantastic. Jack Hager's debut + the Mox-Omega table spot was cool too.

Aside from that the rest of the show has me saying meh. There's just too much wrestling going on. In 4 hours of airtime, there's only been one in-ring promo. Jimmy Havoc cutting a lame promo 30 seconds before his match doesn't count.

There's no need to have as many wrestling matches as they do. They need more character segments. Introduce us to the new roster. Let them cut promos. Let them air out their motivations. Tell me who they are and why I should care!

I look at the Mox-Omega feud and I'm just like why have they not given Mox a live mic yet?

Instead of having a match with Spears last week, Mox should've given his response to that promo and why he's going to make Kenny's life a living hell.

Instead, he beats Spears and then Pac gets involved making the feud a complicated clusterfuck.

MJF is one of the best characters in wrestling and he has a hilarious background story as to why he's in the position he is but they probably won't even mention it. MJF saved Cody last week, but what are the chances he even cuts a promo and mentions why he's so close to Cody?

The thing is AEW does all this character exploration on their youtube videos when in reality they should be doing it on TV instead. Make interesting storylines and build heat through them using both promos and brawling segments then have them face off in the PPV's.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:03 pm

Lol who is this jabroni?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:42 pm

The guy you said was good a year or so ago when you watched one of his matches hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:43 pm

wow time flies

is he still good?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:45 pm

I mean he's a good wrestler who has exciting matches but is given no room to develop further than that.

You know like every WWE guy because the product is absolute trash tier.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:21 pm

-Austin on AEW : God damn it's some good stuff ya know? I'm watching at 316 Gimmick street and i feel like a kid again watching with a smile on my face from ear to ear *laughs*. It's refreshing to see wrestling be fun again.... Sure it's got a few things here and there that could be adjusted but damn three shows in and i think its great. Great for the fans and the boys and gals of professional wrestling'!

- Austin on Moxley: You know what? Jon Moxley radiates Pro Wrestler and in 2019 that's some good. Moxley walking away from the federation was the best thing he could've done for his career and he's been lighting the wrestling world on fire ever since. AEW is lucky to have him because he would be my top draft pick in all of pro wrestling. I'm hoping they highlight him and god damn i can't help myself but see shades of myself in him. Kid's got a fire lit under him and hes gonna show everyone just who the hell he is and i love it.

Real recognize real.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:11 pm

CM Punk when asked about AEW vs. WWE:

Yeah. I think AEW needs to focus on themselves and stop talking about WWE. Cody and The Young Bucks and Kenny Omega, Jon Moxley, all those guys have something great going on. I just think it lessens and cheapens what they are doing when they constantly attack WWE. There hasn't been an alternative to WWE in so very long, and I think they do a disservice to themselves when they're trying to be the alternative but constantly bring up WWE. But I understand, when people ask you the questions during the interviews you have to answer them. But that's just part of life. You have to learn how to navigate that. I would like them to just try to focus on their product and building it up and making it better. I think that would benefit all the fans.

He's 100% right honestly. AEW needs to let the brand and the wrestling do their talking. As much as I'm amused when they remind the crowd how things are different than in WWE in order to get a pop, it takes away from the immersion built up during the show. They need to just do their thing and focus on that. Everything else will fall into place given where WWE is from a narrative perspective right now.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:20 pm

AEW viewers have fallen to 900k this week. They really need to stop having one promo segment per show and like 6 matches. There was no need to have a Omega vs Janela and Young Bucks vs Best Friends match for instance. Fill that time with promos instead. Its ridiculous that people like Moxley, PAC and Omega are instead cutting promos on Being The Elite and AEW Dark instead of on TV. So many people have not cut a single promo on TV yet. For instance the Best Friends are a hilarious duo whose humor is very much in line with Adult Swim shows, but all they are having are matches and no other way to showcase their personalities.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:07 pm

Yeah I still don't know how I feel about the lack of promos on the AEW shows. I like the focus on the wrestling, but given I see this as entertainment in the vein of reality TV in some ways, it's tough to really invest emotion in the characters if there isn't much of a narrative behind it.

It just feels like a bunch of wrestling matches back to back for 2 hours. WWE's narratives may be laughably bad most of the time, but they endear the wrestlers to the fans. It's an important part of the business honestly.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:15 pm

I never really watched him before WWE so this is the best promo i've seen him cut by a considerable distance.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:11 pm

Can't wait for Connor to beat Khabib 10 years later in WWE.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:14 pm

lmaooooooo ^

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:33 pm

LMFAO Fury's entrance

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:53 pm

M99 wrote:AEW viewers have fallen to 900k this week. They really need to stop having one promo segment per show and like 6 matches. There was no need to have a Omega vs Janela and Young Bucks vs Best Friends match for instance. Fill that time with promos instead. Its ridiculous that people like Moxley, PAC and Omega are instead cutting promos on Being The Elite and AEW Dark instead of on TV. So many people have not cut a single promo on TV yet. For instance the Best Friends are a hilarious duo whose humor is very much in line with Adult Swim shows, but all they are having are matches and no other way to showcase their personalities.

AEW with their best show yet. Hopefully this is the balance going forward. That Mox promo ffs.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:55 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

I never really watched him before WWE so this is the best promo i've seen him cut by a considerable distance.

The PRINCE is back!

But really it’s no surprise he comes off so much better as a heel. His gimmick as a face was “I’m happy to be here, but if you get me angry I’ll paint my face (:”
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:17 am

I am in tears.

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:19 pm

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 10 Tumblr_ouwe7qFIb41tuenido4_250
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:30 pm

Anyone else catch Cody Rhodes' promo?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:01 pm

Stone Cold Jon Moxley. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:08 pm

Pretty lengthy but very good preview for Full Gear ( the Moxley and Omega package is specifically good )

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:27 am

They turned MJF too soon ffs.

Mox-Omega was insane though.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:27 am

The last 2 episodes of Dynamite were really good too.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 37  Next