futbol
Myesyats
eelir
43 posters

Page 19 of 36 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 36  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by alexjanosik Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:20 am

Aguero seems close. Not a good transfer imo. He has had a knee injury and at his age that is a career ender. Why sign him on a long contract? Much rather Depay than Aguero. Or no one at all.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:11 pm

I think at this stage, he would be used as the first forward off the bench and then starting games here and there.

Basically an upgrade on the role Braithwaite has.

I believe this move keeps Messi happier than signing Depay and for better or worse, this was important in the decision.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:05 pm

The Franchise wrote:I think at this stage, he would be used as the first forward off the bench and then starting games here and there.

Basically an upgrade on the role Braithwaite has.

I believe this move keeps Messi happier than signing Depay and for better or worse, this was important in the decision.

Why should we sign players to keep Messi happy? I dont like the signing for a few reasons. We are trying to move away from the old guard. Why sign another amigo to keep Messi happy?
He is not going to be a starter, will be on huge wages and we will be looking to move him on in a year. Just like the other oldies we signed who were just looking for their big fat retirement contract.
Coming off a season long knee injury, I am not even sure Aguero would be useful from a playing standpoint. Even in a sub role.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:15 pm

Also, Aguero is not a Koeman signing. He wants Depay. If the board brings Aguero to keep Messi happy, Koeman would just put him on the bench for an entire year. Like Pjanic, Puig etc.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:55 pm

He'll be injured all the time so no need to bench him
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:34 am

Who cares, it's a free transfer right? It's not like we can afford anyone better anyway. Depay is average so not overly excited about that prospect either.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:51 am

Myesyats wrote:Who cares, it's a free transfer right? It's not like we can afford anyone better anyway. Depay is average so not overly excited about that prospect either.

Free yes. But we have a wage problem and a mobility problem up front. A 33 year old Aguero with shot knees helps with neither.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:02 pm

alexjanosik wrote:

Why should we sign players to keep Messi happy? I dont like the signing for a few reasons. We are trying to move away from the old guard. Why sign another amigo to keep Messi happy?
He is not going to be a starter, will be on huge wages and we will be looking to move him on in a year. Just like the other oldies we signed who were just looking for their big fat retirement contract.
Coming off a season long knee injury, I am not even sure Aguero would be useful from a playing standpoint. Even in a sub role.

We should not. But as they see Messi as the priority, I cant say I am surprised Aguero was selected over Deapy.

You make a good point, that it doesnt matter if Koeman gives Kun the Pjanic treatment.

But I think Aguero has slightly more in the tank than you do and unlike say Pjanic who is absolutely unplayable at times I could fathom Aguero doing what Braithwaite does except better.

I agree with your concerns especially regarding wages. Hopefully, it would be strongly linked number of games played.

I also would not disregard Depay as many have. I think he is a very good player, he is physically very good and doesnt rely on precise service the way Aguero would. Straight up as a free transfer and forgetting about Messi and so on, I could be convinced Depay makes alot more sense.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:10 pm

If Aguero is fit and motivated, Im sure he will be good for sure, at least when we cannot afford an expensive buy, he would be a huge asset for us next season simply becos we basically have no CF. Despite being good friends with Messi, on the pitch with Argentina I dont see them very impressive together though? Anyway, gladly have him for free if we can pay his salary.

Surprised Pep and Man C let him go so quickly, pretty ruthless, considering him being a Man C legend, and just bad luck with injury, its not like Man C are loaded with his replacement, just Jesus, who is hot and cold, and just the simple fact that Pep likes to play no striker Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:42 am

I think it is more of a the player not wanting to renew type situation rather than the club not wanting him to stay re Aguero.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:33 am

Myesyats wrote:I think it is more of a the player not wanting to renew type situation rather than the club not wanting him to stay re Aguero.

Didnt know that, I guess he wants regular football, and Pep clearly dont prefer him anymore. Being at a club like Man C for most ppl would be happy. I guess its like situation with Thiago and Alaba at Bayern then, they could be comfortable but they dont wanna be Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:49 am

Pep all but confirmed Eric Garcia is coming to Barca today
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:42 am

Not impressed. Not the profile we need.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:25 pm

I wont judge until I see him actually play for us but ultimately as a bench option he should be fine, as a free transfer especially
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:45 pm

The "concern" I have really isnt his quality. What I am interested in is he has always played either in the back 4, or in the center of the back 3. In the center of the back 3 we are already full of options, Pique, Araujo and De Jong who obviously breaks the mold completely in this position.

So, is Garcia going to play there? I doubt it.

More than likely, he will be competing with Mingueza for the right defender role of the 3. Does he has the type of mobility Mingueza does? Question mark which we have to wait and see.

Back 4, we have plenty of options for the right foot CB so doesnt fill a void there either.

We need a left defender if anything. Lenglet has rebounded well since his gaffs but he has to prove alot more to win me over personally. Those big games is where we see him at his worst and obviously Umtiti nor Firpo are considered serious alternatives.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat May 15, 2021 6:06 am

According to mundo deportivo we are selling 14 players . Will be a fun summer
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat May 15, 2021 8:38 am

Hopefully all of the old guard are shown the door. The likes of Messi, Busquets, Pique, Alba, Mats, Coutinho , Umtiti all need to be shown the door.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat May 15, 2021 2:07 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Hopefully all of the old guard are shown the door. The likes of Messi, Busquets, Pique, Alba, Mats, Coutinho , Umtiti all need to be shown the door.

Why ter Stegen? Has he not been good and consistent? Explain if you would
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat May 15, 2021 7:07 pm

Arq, basically Alex would like all the youngsters to play, and Messi is always bad for the team Very Happy

Seriously though, Alba is another so under appreciated. Hes not perfect defensively, but energy, work rate, and of course in attack he still offers so much? Definitely lucky we got him for so long. Otherwise we be seeing Firpo or Roberto in LB loool...

These rumours are mostly fake anyway, local papers looking to sell stories as usual.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun May 16, 2021 5:30 am

MD is awful. We were supposed to have a summer like that already and nothing happened although we need a deep reconstruction from top to bottom. And even then it's not going to be 14 players for sure.... 7 max. We can't afford to replace everyone.

Lets see... I'd bet on Braithwaite, Umtiti, Pjanic, Firpo, S.Roberto, Coutinho. The rest are tough to predict, guys like Pique or Busquets don't seem keen on leaving as they are obviously comfortable here... possibly even too comfortable. Obesenel Mehssi is a mystery as per usual. Alba can still be useful unlike Busquets or Pique.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun May 16, 2021 8:25 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:Hopefully all of the old guard are shown the door. The likes of Messi, Busquets, Pique, Alba, Mats, Coutinho , Umtiti all need to be shown the door.

Why ter Stegen? Has he not been good and consistent? Explain if you would

He is good and his distribution is world class. Wont find anyone better. However, I want him gone for 2 reasons. He is pathetic in the air and gets woefully exposed on setpieces and corners. We are pathetic when defending set pieces. As such, we need a keeper who is dominant in the air and can claim balls in the box. Mats stays rooted to his spot.
Secondly, like all of the seniors in the team, Mats is mentally weak and crumbles under pressure. Like the seniors like Messi, Pique, Busquets; Mats too has been found wanting and gone into hiding during tough situations.
In short, if we are to get back to being competitive; need to get rid of all of the mentally weak seniors and that includes Mats.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon May 17, 2021 5:05 am

So we will let all those senior players go including Ter Stegen so we have field out a young La Masia GK who can hopefully dominate the air and be mentally strong like Mingueza and Araujo? Ok.... sorry to break it to u, but thats gonna leave us in mid table lol. Its a good thing to be mentally tough, but if the other areas of your game arent good enough, its useless/
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue May 18, 2021 2:12 pm

Mundo deportivo wrote:The club feel it's necessary to talk with some of the heavyweights in the dressing room about their situation in the team. Thus, Laporta plans to sit down with players like Roberto, Busquets and Piqué to talk about lowering their wages or agree on a honorable departure.

The club will also meet with Griezmann. It's considered that his wages are too high for the performances he's showing. Barça haven't yet made a final decision on his future.

Is it finally the season we git rid of Busquets and Roberto? It's been 5 years overdue.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue May 18, 2021 2:48 pm

How is Busi being mentioned before the likes of Alba and Lenglet?

The last 6-8 games alone he has been one of our 2-3 best players and generally speaking, he has done well this season individually.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 18, 2021 3:14 pm

I've been too busy to watch any football in the past 4 months, so speaking out of complete ignorance here, but does 6-8 good games really make up for 5 years of frustrating performances? Not to mention he's 32. Definitely time for a move.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Tue May 18, 2021 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue May 18, 2021 3:22 pm

No it doesnt, but those frustrating performances are largely collective and not of his own making in my opinion.

We know exactly what Busi is like. If the spaces are large, he will suffer. He cannot defend open spaces in transition. That is today, 5 years ago or 12 years ago. If we are organized and he closes small spaces, he's defensively as good as it gets.

When we have been organized (example, the first half a dozen matches post switching to 3 defenders and wingbacks) we suffered no transitions (even against PSG) and he looked as good as he always has been and generally from then until now he has looked like his old self.

I think we need an able replacement (which Pjanic was supposed to be I presume), no doubt about that. But there is a reason he has played 15 or so games in a row without a break. We dont have anyone anywhere near his level and I dont think we can find one on the market.

Whereas players like Roberto, Lenglet, Alba and others, easily replaced by superior players who I could name without given much thought at all.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 36 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 36  Next