Unique
McLewis
39 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Unique Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:08 pm

Young Kaz wrote:
Unique wrote:b silva and alli were both making a joke we all know that but a serious question here why is it that people can take a racist joke from there favorite stand up comic but anyone that is not a stand up makes a racist joke and people lose there shit. like we have people in this thread that think the joke from silva and alli is way out of line but if you pop over to the best comiedian thread the same people are fans of comeidians that make loads of racist jokes i dont understand that tbh.

Theres not a damn thing funny about the Corona Virus.

And Ive seen worse. I have seen videos of weeping children having to follow the bodies of their parents to crematorium because people are scared of it spreading.

Alli is gonna have to eat a ban behind this.
terrorist attacks kids getting shot in america black people getting killed by police in america is not funny on a serious note but people laugh at comics all the time when they make jokes about it. the only jokes i find offensive are jokes about disabled people. everyone else is fair game imo.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:12 pm

Unique wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:
Unique wrote:b silva and alli were both making a joke we all know that but a serious question here why is it that people can take a racist joke from there favorite stand up comic but anyone that is not a stand up makes a racist joke and people lose there shit. like we have people in this thread that think the joke from silva and alli is way out of line but if you pop over to the best comiedian thread the same people are fans of comeidians that make loads of racist jokes i dont understand that tbh.

And Ive seen worse. I have seen videos of weeping children having to follow the bodies of their parents to crematorium because people are scared of it spreading.

terrorist attacks kids getting shot in america black people getting killed by police in america is not funny on a serious note but people laugh at comics all the time when they make jokes about it. the only jokes i find offensive are jokes about disabled people. everyone else is fair game imo.

Alli is a footballer, not a comic.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:19 pm

Young Kaz wrote:
Unique wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

so its not the joke you find offensive but the person that makes the joke.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:23 pm

Given the nature of the virus, and how secretive the Chinese government is withholding information many around the world are becoming paranoid regarding the spread the last thing we need is a full blown paranoia. This is poor in taste and quite reckless.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:26 pm

i think chris rock is one of the best but what do you think of this clip. i think its funny but on a serious note it is very insulting to black people. chris rock has made millions from stuff like this but if alli had said this stuff on twitter the forum would go crazy why is that.

Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:29 pm

Blue wrote:Given the nature of the virus, and how secretive the Chinese government is withholding information many around the world are becoming paranoid regarding the spread the last thing we need is a full blown paranoia. This is poor in taste and quite reckless.
but how dumb do you have to be if you dont know the difference between a joke and spreading lies and fear about a virus. i mean if you are that dumb then a virus and racism is the least of your problems.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:37 pm

Unique wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:
Unique wrote: terrorist attacks kids getting shot in america black people getting killed by police in america is not funny on a serious note but people laugh at comics all the time when they make jokes about it. the only jokes i find offensive are jokes about disabled people. everyone else is fair game imo.

so its not the joke you find offensive but the person that makes the joke.

Both actually

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:37 pm

Unique wrote:i think chris rock is one of the best but what do you think of this clip. i think its funny but on a serious note it is very insulting to black people. chris rock has made millions from stuff like this but if alli had said this stuff on twitter the forum would go crazy why is that.

People are dying. Why are you posting 30 year old videos of an american comedian?

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:42 pm

Young Kaz wrote:
Unique wrote:i think chris rock is one of the best but what do you think of this clip. i think its funny but on a serious note it is very insulting to black people. chris rock has made millions from stuff like this but if alli had said this stuff on twitter the forum would go crazy why is that.

People are dying. Why are you posting 30 year old videos of an american comedian?
people are always dying. over 60,000 died from flu last year so far 800 have died from corona lets put this into perspective.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:49 pm

Unique wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

people are always dying. over 60,000 died from flu last year so far 800 have died from corona lets put this into perspective.

Yeah people are getting beat and mistreated by people like Dele over the fly..why is that?

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:14 pm

Young Kaz wrote:
Unique wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

Yeah people are getting beat and mistreated by people like Dele over the fly..why is that?
Dele aint beat or mistreat anyone bro. he made a joke. its not like he went up to chinese people and said the power of christ compels you. chinese people are getting mistreated and beat by other chinese people not by spurs players. lets face it buddy japanese people are treating chinese people far worst than dele alli is treating them. the guy made a joke thats all. he is not on twitter telling people to stay away from orientals is he. people saying the guy should be banned from football are a joke themselves. just take a chill pill man. Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:31 pm

@betty i bet if the stereotype jokes were about asians having a big pecker you would be happy. Very Happy you would be on here saying fuck yeah us asians are the world champions of helicopter dick. we are so good at helicopter dick we can tie a toothbrush to our dick get that copter dick going and shine our shoes and brush our teeth at the same time. eco smile then it will dawn on you that you are 6 inches tall and you are back where you started rofl rofl rofl

im just joking with you bro. give me a fist bump :wub: :wub:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:11 pm

To be perfectly honest, Unique, I doubt even Chris Rock would've gotten away with saying what Alli said today. That video you linked was from a very different time.

Comedians don't get away half the stuff they used to get away with even a decade ago. Look at the uproar against Dave Chappelle and Kevin Hart for the stuff they've said recently. Maybe that's not fair. One can decry how PC everything is, but that is the reality of now.

Given that Alli doesn't get paid to make jokes, let alone racist ones, I don't think the 2 are comparable.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:30 pm

Though to be fair to society's snowflakeyness, the "uproar" against Chappelle was very quiet, and we mostly heard about it due to Chappelle himself complaining about it, and Kevin Hart barely made a joke, he basically just said something homophobic and forgot to attach a joke to it.

There's still incredibly offensive standup, and the outrage caused by it is basically at the same level it's always been.
If you're not currently doing a comedy routine, but just unpromptedly being racist, you're maybe just saying something racist. Just like Kevin Hart could've embedded his joke about beating his theoretically gay kid into a routine about himself being a terrible dad, or reactionary, or whatever, and it would've been fine, randomly tweeting out you'd hit your kid for being gay might be funny to some, but it's not really a joke.

Chappelle is still doing perfectly fine for example, and while he does joke about race, and LGBT people, it's hardly unreflective, or mean-spirited if you actually listen to the entire set. He might be annoyed, but he's neither cancelled, nor blacklisted, nor broke.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:40 pm

Racism is the most inclusive group ever. Its less talk and more action. You don't see Racists identifying as racists, writing blogs about them feeling the racism inside.

No, they just wake up in the morning, do racist shite everyday, with commitment and now look how far their movement has come.

They are running America, they are running Britain, they are running Brazil, Turkey, Malaysia, India.

Well done racists, I say well done racists. And no *halts clapping*, the best thing about racism is anyone can be a racist.

They let you in, irrespective your income group, job, sexual preference, nationality.

Racism is a very inclusive movement guys.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:48 pm

I totally read that in Clayton Bigsby's voice.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:54 pm

McLewis wrote:To be perfectly honest, Unique, I doubt even Chris Rock would've gotten away with saying what Alli said today. That video you linked was from a very different time.

Comedians don't get away half the stuff they used to get away with even a decade ago. Look at the uproar against Dave Chappelle and Kevin Hart for the stuff they've said recently. Maybe that's not fair. One can decry how PC everything is, but that is the reality of now.

Given that Alli doesn't get paid to make jokes, let alone racist ones, I don't think the 2 are comparable.

Comedians get away with everything these days. In the 50s and 60s things were so PC they literally sent you to jail for making indecent jokes. In the 80s TV channels wouldn't air your show if it had a "bad word" in it. People will complain, as always, but things have never been less PC than today.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:12 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
McLewis wrote:To be perfectly honest, Unique, I doubt even Chris Rock would've gotten away with saying what Alli said today. That video you linked was from a very different time.

Comedians get away with everything these days. In the 50s and 60s things were so PC they literally sent you to jail for making indecent jokes. In the 80s TV channels wouldn't air your show if it had a "bad word" in it. People will complain, as always, but things have never been less PC than today.

I dont know about that.

Shows like All in the family,The Jeffersons, and Sanford and son pushed the limit and wouldnt be anywhere near network tv today. George Jefferson literally made fun of his british neighbor for being gay(not even gay...just having an accent that george considered gay)

and lets not even go to sanford and son:

Whens the last time you heard the n word uncensored on network tv? Laughing

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:34 pm

But that's just because the N-word was considered perfectly fine back then, you couldn't say "shit" in the same show you could drop an N-bomb.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:59 pm

So a few racist incidents over the weekend in football and a stark contrast to how they were handled.

Let's examine what happened to Moussa Marega in Portugal with his Porto side's match with Vitoria:

Here's the background: He had been getting racially abused since apparently the warm up (according to coach Sergio Conceicao) and it continued throughout the game, with apparently teeth being thrown at him. He scored Porto's eventual winner in the 60th minute and celebrated in front of the Vitoria Guimaraes fans by pointing at his skin. The referee gave him a yellow card for it. When the monkey chants began, he decided to walk off the pitch and was stopped repeatedly by his teammates. Conceicao spoke with him, calming him down and trying to understand what happened. When Marega told him, Conceicao subbed him off. Conceicao later gave an emotional press conference, after lambasting Vitoria's fans, and passionately defended Marega. Marega later posted on Instagram condemning the abuse and thanking his team for their support. Porto, Vitoria, and Liga Portugal all condemned the abuse as well. Porto sent messages of support to Marega while Vitoria and the league vowed to investigate the incident.

My take: Hasn't changed much on situations like this. No player is under any obligation to continue playing a football match under the conditions Marega was in. He was well within his rights to walk off and his teammates should not have tried to stop him. They should've joined him. Conceicao's handling of this was excellent. That's the leadership needed in situations like this. The referee needs to get in trouble here. He didn't follow UEFA's 3 step process and even yellow carded Marega as well. Incredible stuff. He needs education and a ban.

-------------------------------------------------

And then there's what happened to Leroy Kwadwo of Wuerzburger Kickers' in Germany in a 3rd division game with Preussen Munster.

Basically: In the closing stages of the game, a fan in the main stand of Preussen Munster's stadium hurled racist abuse at Kwadwo. He was promptly identified by other fans and was ejected from the stadium. He was also later arrested. Match officials as well as players and staff from both sides comforted Kwadwo and fans all over the stadium chanted "Nazis out". They applauded him as he left the pitch.

Kwado spoke out against the abuse he received and also thanked everyone for the support as well. Preussen Munster's president also spoke out in support for Kwadwo and said "You are one of us". It should be pointed out that multiple sources reporting this incident have identified Kwadwo as Ghanaian, however he is actually German-born with Ghanaian immigrant parents.

My take: Amazing, but unsurprising response from German football fans, clubs and local police. They continue to be continental leaders in how racism is fought. This is the level of committment that should be expected in all leagues.

-----------------------------

And then there's the below incident in non-league English football.

Source: https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/sport/18238680.atherstone-town-fans-accused-racism-week-worcester-complaint/

Apparently fans of Atherstone Town were observed racially abusing the keeper of opponents Stafford Town. The game was paused by the ref, who sent 2 officials into the stands to tell the identified section of fans to stop the abuse. The game resumed and ended without further incident. Afterwards, Atherstone's owner announced that an investigation was done and the racist fans identified and issued lifetime bans. This came too late for the club's coach and secretary, who both resigned citing not wanting to be associated with a club with racist fans, given this was the 2nd racist incident in a week.

My take: While the club took the right steps to ban these fans swiftly, I don't think the whole story is being reported. A coach and secratary don't resign over 2 incidents spanning a week. That would indicate a more ingrained racism within the fanbase of this club, which means its response is more anemic than it first appears. There's either a lack of true will to stamp out this behavior or a lack of knowledge on how to do it. Either way, losing 2 employees in this way indicates deeper issues with this club's leadership.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:07 pm

It is no secret to me that the racism being seen in Italy, Spain also exists in Portugal. It's the same ignorance and anemic responses from the authorities that allow it to continue to happen.

What the responses to racism from the Kwadwo and Atherstone incidents tell me is that it can be addressed far more aggressively and with far more precision when there is a will to do. That will does not appear to exist in Italy, Spain or Portugal who seem content to wring their hands, shrug their shoulders and offer platitudes while Germany literally has these idiots arrested.

I truly believe black players should not be going to these countries to play their football. They should go to countries, like Germany and England (to an extent), who will actually take meaningful action. It's complicated I suppose. Money is obvious a huge motivator on all sides here.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:53 pm

McLewis wrote:

I truly believe black players should not be going to these countries to play their football. They should go to countries, like Germany and England (to an extent), who will actually take meaningful action. It's complicated I suppose. Money is obvious a huge motivator on all sides here.

Honestly I have got to a point where I dont fuck with Europe at all.

America, as racist as it is, is a beast I can deal with. I know where NOT to go as a person of color in America. I know which circles not to find myself in. In Europe its a completely different beast.

As many problems as we have that throwing fruit, and chimp stuff is enough to get you stomped out, literally, in 99.9% of Sporting arenas here and the .9% of places where it wont you will be apprehended by authorities and thrown out and banned when called on it. The frequency in which this can happen over there is something out of 1950's books. Its antiquated and disgusting. One of the reasons why I look like the bad guy when sweets wants to go on vacation in Europe and I push back hard on her. I can handle racism. I grew up in an environment where it happened, and you learn to deal. She has not, and it would be something that would fundamentally change her if it did happen and I dont want to see her go through it. She has her heart on Paris 2020, and I really dont want to do it with this corona shit going on, but I might just have to bite the bullet and do it with her. The jerk in the me wants to be i told you so if something happens, but that wouldnt even solve anything.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:30 pm

I had planned to take a trip to Greece a couple years back to cross seeing it off my bucket list. Then I read the news story about Bakari Henderson, a black American student, getting beat to death outside a restaurant. All over him taking a selfie with the waitress, who is Serbian. This apparently pissed off 7 Serb guys, 1 Greek and a British guy of Serbian descent who reportedly quipped "Why take the selfie with the black guy when there's all these Serbs here?" . One of them hit Henderson and he fought back. He then fled the restaurant, was chased by a mob of these guys, and was beaten to death in 30 seconds. Videos captured them celebrating the beating with high-fives.

All 9 were acquitted of murder and instead got lighter sentences with the longest being 15 years. All of them claimed that they didn't intend to kill Henderson. The judge apparently believed them.

I love Greek history and Greek mythology, but not enough to risk my life for either.

EDIT: Apparently as of January, a 2nd trial might happen, a rarity in Greek law I'm gathering. 3 of the 9 were completely acquitted and won't be retried, but 6 will be. I hope they get it right this time.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:49 pm

McLewis wrote:I had planned to take a trip to Greece a couple years back to cross seeing it off my bucket list. Then I read the news story about Bakari Henderson, a black American student, getting beat to death outside a restaurant. All over him taking a selfie with the waitress, who is Serbian. This apparently pissed off 7 Serb guys, 1 Greek and a British guy of Serbian descent who reportedly quipped "Why take the selfie with the black guy when there's all these Serbs here?" . One of them hit Henderson and he fought back. He then fled the restaurant, was chased by a mob of these guys, and was beaten to death in 30 seconds. Videos captured them celebrating the beating with high-fives.

All 9 were acquitted of murder and instead got lighter sentences with the longest being 15 years. All of them claimed that they didn't intend to kill Henderson. The judge apparently believed them.

I love Greek history and Greek mythology, but not enough to risk my life for either.

EDIT: Apparently as of January, a 2nd trial might happen, a rarity in Greek law I'm gathering. 3 of the 9 were completely acquitted and won't be retried, but 6 will be. I hope they get it right this time.
you live in one of the most dangerous citys on earth europe is a cake walk. Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:00 pm

Unique wrote:
McLewis wrote:I had planned to take a trip to Greece a couple years back to cross seeing it off my bucket list. Then I read the news story about Bakari Henderson, a black American student, getting beat to death outside a restaurant. All over him taking a selfie with the waitress, who is Serbian. This apparently pissed off 7 Serb guys, 1 Greek and a British guy of Serbian descent who reportedly quipped "Why take the selfie with the black guy when there's all these Serbs here?" . One of them hit Henderson and he fought back. He then fled the restaurant, was chased by a mob of these guys, and was beaten to death in 30 seconds. Videos captured them celebrating the beating with high-fives.

you live in one of the most dangerous citys on earth europe is a cake walk. Very Happy

Detroit has a lot of crime due to robberies, theft and murder with guns. Getting beat to death in public by a mob is unheard of here. It's unheard of in virtually all American cities. Having lived in this area for almost 10 years, I know where I can go in this area to avoid trouble. When tourists come to the city, it's pretty easy to see where the no-go zones are. That is not the case in Greece, which is an archipelago. So this guy likely didn't know that the Greek island he was on had a reputation for hooliganism, hard-partying and fighting. And even if he had, no one should be getting away with racially motivated mob beatings. The 5 years most of those guys got was nothing. It's no real secret that Eastern Europeans have a tendency towards viewing the "other" with hostility. Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Montenegro, Kosovo....these are some super homogeneous countries. Racism is to be expected as a result.

That man's family deserve more justice than that. Surely you can agree with that, can't you?
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:12 pm

McLewis wrote:
Unique wrote:

Detroit has a lot of crime due to robberies, theft and murder with guns. Getting beat to death in public by a mob is unheard of here. It's unheard of in virtually all American cities. Having lived in this area for almost 10 years, I know where I can go in this area to avoid trouble. When tourists come to the city, it's pretty easy to see where the no-go zones are. That is not the case in Greece, which is an archipelago. So this guy likely didn't know that the Greek island he was on had a reputation for hooliganism, hard-partying and fighting. And even if he had, no one should be getting away with racially motivated mob beatings. The 5 years most of those guys got was nothing. It's no real secret that Eastern Europeans have a tendency towards viewing the "other" with hostility. Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Montenegro, Kosovo....these are some super homogeneous countries. Racism is to be expected as a result.

That man's family deserve more justice than that. Surely you can agree with that, can't you?
i agree with all of that but thats not the point im making. my point is you have 50 times more chance of getting killed where you live now than you do going to a tourist area in europe. what im trying to say is black americans getting beaten to death in europe is very very rare so dont be put off or scared to come to europe by storys like that.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next