Myesyats
titosantill
BarcaLearning
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Barca's next manager Empty Barca's next manager

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:59 pm

We all know how bad Barca's been playing for many months now, and its more luck and Messi + Suarez magic that somehow we are still top of the league and in CL, truly a wonder in itself Laughing I am reading now that the club finally seem to be wary and are thinking about firing him if the performances and results continue like this - which I think will more likely than not, since its clear hes incapable of bringing anything new to us. So Im just wanting to discuss update now who would be considered to replace him if he does go soon? I just know Koeman is one of the main guys thats been mentioned most.

We are playing so slow, and the game has really evolved beyond us in the last couple of years or so, any team thats defensively organised enough and can beat us tempo wise and attacking us with pace we cannot handle. Even teams previously levels below are matching us in games so often, it is quite sad to see lol.

I have realised completely now that one of EV's biggest flaws atm, is I think he lets the players too much freedom and to do their thing, both on and off the field, so much as I actually think the best thing could be like what Pep did when he took over - to get rid of the big names or their influences in a way, and to being back discipline and drive to the team. Someone like Allegri can do this, but his style of football is completely unsuitable for Barca, so ideally it would be someone who has a bit of both - discipline as well as attacking football which is always the Barca way. Who in the world can bring this to Barca? Koeman? Im sure there are other better candidates now there?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Barca's next manager Empty Re: Barca's next manager

Post by titosantill Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:02 pm

You already know the answer. Seems like a job for the translator aka mourinho lol
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:54 pm

Allegri or Ancelotti I think. Time to hire a real coach for once because another Valverde or Tata Martino won't cut it.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:16 pm

Kovac is available
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:22 pm

Santiago 'El Indiecito' Solari is available too.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:26 pm

danyjr wrote:Santiago 'El Indiecito' Solari is available too.

Harde passa.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:32 pm

In order of preference:

• Guardiola (even though not quite available, he's nearing his expiry date at City)
  • Pochettino (will be leaving at the end of this season)
  • Allegri (free agent)
  • Ten Hag (even though not available, the Barça job is too big for him to refuse. May not cope well with a star-ridden team however)
  • Gallardo (will swim from Buenos Aires to Barcelona to have this job, although a small team coach)

And definitely stay away from Ancelotti and Koeman. Carlo is finished and Koeman is just overrated (and a beta). You're better off with Mourinho than these two cucks.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:37 pm

Giampaolo is available.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:05 pm

In fact, with the way things are going, Pioli will be available soon too.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:38 pm

Claudio Borghi (Chilean-Argentine football manager): "Marcelo Gallardo will become Barcelona's coach in December. It's information that I have obtained from a very direct source." [cdf via tnt sports]

Rolling Eyes
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:39 am

Cant my post I made last night, strange... anyway, in short, Allegri and Ancelotti are good managers but not suitable to our style and what we need right now. Poch is overrated. Pep I dont think will be leaving Man C anytime soon. Kovac Im still not sure about, his Bayern were inconsistent.

BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:54 am

Well if Barca needs an authoritarian Mou has been clamouring for a job since he was given his P45. But but if they want to steady the ship, I am sure Solari could take time out of his busy schedule to lend a hand Proud
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:22 am

BarcaLearning wrote:Cant my post I made last night, strange... anyway, in short, Allegri and Ancelotti are good managers but not suitable to our style

What is our style? I don't think we even have a style anymore!!

Wenger just said couple days ago: "Barca play like they're in a crisis!"
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:53 am

If they want to go the hipster role like they did in 2008 with Guardiola they can hire Xabi Alonso. In summer 2020 he would have the same amount of experience as Pep did in 2008.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:03 am

And last but not least.

Pippo.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:18 am

So we just gonna ignore the legend that is Sam Allardyce huh. Alright.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:07 pm

Doc wrote:So we just gonna ignore the legend that is Sam Allardyce huh. Alright.
or, or, that wonderful legend that Alan Pardew is.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:04 pm

Tbh Im not even sure what our style should be anymore, I know for sure though tradtionally speaking Barca would always play attacking attractive football. Im not gonna go way back to Cruyff's playing time in the 70s or whatever, thats way too long ago. Pep pulled it off a decade ago, but I doubt thats gonna work anymore in todays game, at least we dont have the players to pull it off anymore thats clear. Formation wise I always know its been 4-3-3 for years which is very enjoyable to watch since its very attacking and exciting, but nowadays I guess thats not too important since many teams are able to switch to different ones being quite flexible, but I hope that would be our 'base'.

We have had many years now where our managers mix things up a lot especially with Enrique and than EV where we have gone a long way from Pep's style, to make do and play according with what players we have had.

So Im not sure whether the next manager will continue this way as in not sticking to one style, or he will be one to implement his own style (I know for sure though Barca fans do not want defensive/negative type styles from Mou or Allegri etc. so I think that wont be considered), or one where he will try to get back to Cruyff's way more.

As I write Im actually getting to understand more Real fans feelings about Zidane's style actually, or other fans who focuses more about their teams style rather than result. I used to always think result above all else, but come to think of it, I just cant imagine watching Barca playing negative if we hired Allegri or something.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:11 pm

Xabi Alonso, Xavi, or Raul being mentioned by some to take over Real at some point soon. I dont know how ready these ppl are to take on such a huge job so soon after they just retired from playing, I have no idea how for example Lampard can be doing so well already at managing Chelsea. Look at countless other recent former players who have failed miserably at their first jobs.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:27 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Xabi Alonso, Xavi, or Raul being mentioned by some to take over Real at some point soon. I dont know how ready these ppl are to take on such a huge job so soon after they just retired from playing, I have no idea how for example Lampard can be doing so well already at managing Chelsea. Look at countless other recent former players who have failed miserably at their first jobs.

This is just my opinion, but Jorginho might just be the most underrated player I can think of, and I believe People on here underrate Kovacic as well - although, I think it's fair to argue that he's not quite exceptional, he's versatile and can be very useful when played to his strengths. Hell, I think Madrid fans underrate how well he did when tasked to mark Messi that one time. He may have ultimately failed at it, but he kept in-form Messi mostly quiet up until the decisive goal in that match. And that's despite him playing in a role he's not comfortable With.

Chelsea have their weaknesses, and in defence particularly, but they have a very good midfield. What they sorely lacked last season was a goalscorer, and they certainly have that now. I don't know what role Lampard has played in the emergence of Tammy Abraham and Mason Mount, but those two have conveniently filled the offensive holes that were so apparent under Sarri and even Pulisic adds a directness that was absent when Eden Hazard was playing. I personally can't tell if Lampard's doing anything worth mentioning, nor do I expect first time coaches at this level to do so, especially not in such a short amount of time, but if Tammy and Mason are performing the way they are thanks to him, then he's clearly doing good things.

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:09 pm

danyjr wrote:In order of preference:

• Guardiola (even though not quite available, he's nearing his expiry date at City)
  • Pochettino (will be leaving at the end of this season)
  • Allegri (free agent)
  • Ten Hag (even though not available, the Barça job is too big for him to refuse. May not cope well with a star-ridden team however)
  • Gallardo (will swim from Buenos Aires to Barcelona to have this job, although a small team coach)

And definitely stay away from Ancelotti and Koeman. Carlo is finished and Koeman is just overrated (and a beta). You're better off with Mourinho than these two cucks.

Unbelievable salt Laughing Just get over it man, perhaps as you watch him win another Libertadores final :coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:24 pm

It does not really matter, our squad can't play any other way. We have 2 slow over 30 year old forwards and 2 slow centerbacks. With Alba on the decline and his injury problems this season we also lose that one last piece of pace. Many key players that are old and won everything not playing with any kind of passion anymore. It's so sweet that Barca fans think some Tata Mk2 from Argentina will come in and this team will play in style again.

We don't have those elite players anymore. Last time we won the treble we still had Neymar, Alves, Iniesta, Mascherano and Suarez and Messi were not 32. That team was like 3 tiers above the current Barca and even then it had its flaws (too top heavy, midfield not dominant enough). Lucho almost lost his job in his first 6 months and in his 3rd season got called all sorts of names by the Internet communities.

Fast forward a couple of years and Valverde must do better than domestic double and league title + CL SF with 30+ year old Pique, Busquets, Rakitic, Messi, Suarez and retired Iniesta and Alves. Okay.

We will all see soon enough, this will be Valverde's last season anyway, whether until winter or summer.

I swear 90 % of the fanbase started watching football from 2008 onwards and believe that's Barca's norm forever.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:55 pm

Gee Junior, you sound a lot like Nick!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:03 pm

I am Nick's troll account for the Barça section. Need to keep my reputation Bill :coffee:
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:18 pm

Managing Barca has been playing Football Manager on easy mode this past decade, next guy has hard work ahead.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next