Firenze
The Demon of Carthage
Art Morte
Valkyrja
RealGunner
41 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons

Post by Mamad Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:35 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Mamad wrote:
Firenze wrote:

for Juve IMO, unless Sarri wins the CL

Pep won't coach a team with CR in it.

why not?

Pep wants all his players to be hard workers, press, certain movement of the ball, etc. Ronaldo doesn't do that. the team plays for Ronaldo.

Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:38 pm

I think he'd accommodate Cristiano no problem. And I would imagine Cristiano would be determined and motivated to please Pep, too.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:01 pm

when milan was imposed ban in competition and they appeal at CAS and won to be reinstated, i read somewhere that UEFA allowed back in but didnt entitled milan of money for participation...

that true right? i couldnt find that article.. i do know if i recall correctly that milan wanted to appeal for those financial rewards for participation too and it got so ugly but after previous owner left, we repaird relationship with UEFA by voluntarily agreeing to not participate in european competition and have our finances in order by 2020/2021.

so if mancity gets back in if they win the all appeal... they are still entitled to money ?

i mean money is no object to city but.... if anyone is well versed on this financial ruling...

Last edited by JespSwe on Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:04 pm

https://www.espn.com/soccer/ac-milan/story/3678670/ac-milan-to-have-europa-league-prize-money-withheld-by-uefa-president

ah found it...
so if mancity even if they gets back via CAS... UEFA will still have rights to i guess not entitle them financially...

the shitstorm we had to go through with UEFA ; but we have now repaired that relationship with UEFA by only spending under allowances without breaching rules...

hence lot of sales... not many buys this jan...

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:40 pm

If man city get out of the ban then what's the point of ffp rules. Might as well scrap it all together
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:07 am

Unique wrote:If man city get out of the ban then what's the point of ffp rules. Might as well scrap it all together

lol thats the thing...
city has some very powerful connection so who knows...

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:09 am

I hope psg falls soon after, about time FFP showed some teeth

That said I think in the end City will win at either appeals or in court
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:31 am

What would even be City's argument on appeals or in court defending their actions?
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:43 am

well according to UEFA statement mancity has not been cooperating during the investigation to disclose intel to their inquiry... so wonder what defensive argument would be...

also just heard that even if CAS rules in favor of UEFA procecution, if City are totally convinced of their innocence they could bring the case even further in swiss court. this could be a very damaging relationship between UEFA and the club

though i also think that CAS might just do mancity in their favor... just like BarrileteCosmico said

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:45 am

also i didnt know that UEFA and CAS ruling on this matter will also lead to EPL sanctioning mancity if they are found guilty with points...

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:23 am

Anyone thinking this won't be overturned by the hand of the Wahabi owners is naive or too hopeful. We know how this goes.

Pep will most definitely leave as he clearly has been leaning to it but I don't see him going to Juve if at all given it will not present a challenge to him despite the Serie A teams giving more competition now.

I see a return to Barça after a one year hiatus.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:37 am

I can definitely imagine Pep replacing Tuchel at PSG. Obviously, I don’t know what he values in a potential job, or what his thoughts are on his future, but I would assume he’d want to coach a club that already has established stars and a sizeable budget for him to bring in his desired type of players, in order to add his own identity to the team.

Barca would be an alternative, but that seems like more of a risky job, considering Messi’s increasing age, not to mention the gradual decline of Suarez, and a team that are in need of a few squad replacements in general. It’s also a club, as well as a country where he’s achieved everything, already. No matter how I look at it, PSG seems like the most ready-made team for him, and I get the impression that Tuchel is becoming increasingly unpopular at the club.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:20 am

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:25 am

All we need is the unavailability of top managers at that very month when Pep leaves and this club will go back to midtabling within 2 years.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:09 am

Pochettino is available, and it's not like he would have more Champions League football at Man United.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:15 am

Wish that City fan we had would return and apologize when I questioned City’s financial doping. He was very sure that City were actually making all that money Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:16 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Wish that City fan we had would return and apologize when I questioned City’s financial doping. He was very sure that City were actually making all that money Laughing

And he wouldn't say differently now. Do you think there's any City fans who feel remorseful because of an UEFA ruling?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:23 am

urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:27 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:Wish that City fan we had would return and apologize when I questioned City’s financial doping. He was very sure that City were actually making all that money Laughing

And he wouldn't say differently now. Do you think there's any City fans who feel remorseful because of an UEFA ruling?

True, if these people put up excuses then, I imagine they’ll double down now.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:29 am

urbaNRoots wrote:This thread smh, all of you who celebrated City should stand up and apologize tbh.

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t42003-manchester-city-achieve-historic-domestic-treble-quadruple?highlight=Manchester+City

looking at you, @Great Leader Sprucenuce hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:29 am

About time hey. All this time it looked as if FFP rules were just there for the fun of it.

Art Morte wrote:
All that said and while I think FFP is a good thing... Does football / CL win from City being banned for two years?

what has Man City contributed to European football that they'll be such a huge miss for two years Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:08 am

A sweet sweet respite from the the past week

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:17 am

urbaNRoots wrote:This thread smh, all of you who celebrated City should stand up and apologize tbh.

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t42003-manchester-city-achieve-historic-domestic-treble-quadruple?highlight=Manchester+City

Shouldnt ffp look at the other team from Manchester too? Their net spend is in close proximity to City's and they havent won jack shit for years.

Liverpool earned their current position the hard way, without sheikhs and over many years so their books are balanced. Admirable nowadays
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:51 am

Mamad wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
Mamad wrote:

Pep won't coach a team with CR in it.

why not?

Pep wants all his players to be hard workers, press, certain movement of the ball, etc. Ronaldo doesn't do that. the team plays for Ronaldo.

I agree
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:07 am

foooooooooooooooooooookrf yeah banana
at least it has come this far. I am sure one day, UEFA will have even better control over this shit.
But I think in the end City might get away with this. But just in case, let's imagine, just in case... ... will all the top players start leaving City. That would be a dream day if the likes of Arsenal, ManUtd, Chelsea or even Leicester or Liverpool each sign one or two players from the current City squad and burry the oil club for good and forever Proud

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:42 am

As far as financial doping is concerned, the damage has been done. This ruling isn't the end of City as a force. Far from it, actually.

All this might do is force City to limit their losses, which may require sales. However, City can sell players such as Douglas Luiz, somebody who has never played for them but spent time in the City "network", for £15m to Aston Villa. A handful of these sales can cover the cost of a first team signing.

Currently, City also have a strong financial base thanks to gate receipts (5th highest average attendance in the PL), regularly appearing in the Champions League, and the PL/CL TV money. If City wanted to, they could probably negotiate "normal"commercial deals as well, and be on par with other top clubs. So even if they start limiting their losses, their financial power is still considerable.

This is unlikely to damage their recruiting power as well, as City will still compete for the PL and still pay very well.

Ultimately, they've gotten the boost that was needed to get them at this level. Now, the numerous self-perpetuating systems in place at the top level will keep them there.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next