Thimmy
rincon
Warrior
Myesyats
66 posters

Page 16 of 34 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Go down

Where will Messi go?

Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 16 Vote_lcap18%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 16 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 6 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 16 Vote_lcap9%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 16 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 16 Vote_lcap0%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 16 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 16 Vote_lcap0%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 16 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 16 Vote_lcap3%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 16 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 16 Vote_lcap38%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 16 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 13 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 16 Vote_lcap9%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 16 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 16 Vote_lcap3%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 16 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 16 Vote_lcap6%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 16 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 16 Vote_lcap6%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 16 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 16 Vote_lcap8%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 16 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 34

Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 16 Empty Re: Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:34 pm

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20200829/483172425911/messi-no-se-presentara-manana-a-los-tests-pcr-e-insiste-en-irse.html

Messi is not showing up for the medical tests tomorrow... he's decided to go nuclear.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 16 Empty Re: Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:39 pm

Luca wrote:Force majeure is a standard clause in most contracts. It has to do with frustration usually (I.e. the contract can’t be performed because of event XX). There will be a lot of covid related litigation probably in the next couple years on that issue

Not really the case there as leagues are still going on.

If anything this would be a clause that teams like Barca or who ever would rely on it leagues were cancelled and they didn’t want to pay their players anymore

In the US, they're applying it to deadlines and contract terms... i.e. people are saying that their notice requirements should be waved in rental/lease agreements and that a 30-day notice is sufficient to break a contract.

People didn't realize a moratorium didn't mean forgiveness. So they didn't pay rent/lease for months. Now that the moratoriums are about to expire, they face eviction and lawsuits... and lawyers are trying to minimize their liability.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:43 pm

Isnt force majeure used in cases where one party can't fulfill their contract for unforeseen reasons? i dont see where there is a direct application to messi's contract here. i would love to hear the argument here, because i dont see how Covid stopped Messi from telling his club he wanted to leave by activating the clause in his contract. He is gonna argue that he was waiting for sporting results but he could still have made that decision by the date in his contract. It's not like he was in a coma and he missed it.

Also, none of those clubs is going to risk being liable for 700 millions. because as you said, if messi leaves and loses in arbitration, he is going to have to pay for a massive sum of money, maybe not the full amount but a huge piece of it. I am pretty sure there was a precedent in a smaller club in Spain already where a player left his club to join them, and then lost in arbitration and got on the hook for huge sums.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:47 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Luca wrote:Force majeure is a standard clause in most contracts. It has to do with frustration usually (I.e. the contract can’t be performed because of event XX). There will be a lot of covid related litigation probably in the next couple years on that issue

Not really the case there as leagues are still going on.

If anything this would be a clause that teams like Barca or who ever would rely on it leagues were cancelled and they didn’t want to pay their players anymore

In the US, they're applying it to deadlines and contract terms... i.e. people are saying that their notice requirements should be waved in rental/lease agreements and that a 30-day notice is sufficient to break a contract.

People didn't realize a moratorium didn't mean forgiveness. So they didn't pay rent/lease for months. Now that the moratoriums are about to expire, they face eviction and lawsuits... and lawyers are trying to minimize their liability.

Yeah it’s used for that too. Seeing it a lot for delays in construction projects too (avoid paying for delays for project completion due to COVID).

Seeing the same stuff in Canada

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:00 pm

sportsczy wrote:https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20200829/483172425911/messi-no-se-presentara-manana-a-los-tests-pcr-e-insiste-en-irse.html

Messi is not showing up for the medical tests tomorrow... he's decided to go nuclear.
How much more nuclear can you get than the burofax? Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:03 pm

Not showing up for training is a normal position to take for Messi. he seen a burofax to the claim, document with legal value, to invoke a clause in his contract that he is losing. Not showing up for training is in line with that position.

The validity of his use of the clause is what is being discussed. If you think about it, going from sending the burofax invoking that clause to asking barca to "negotiate" an exit, suggests a weakening position. It's like robbing a store with a gun and then asking if you can pay for what you took
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:37 pm

It's actually Messi being smart. The board has to get out of this without losing face... so you extend an olive branch, the board can look like it got something extra and you settle for a number. My guess: 100 mil.

Last thing Messi or Barca need is a lawsuit. As soon as Messi decides where he wants to go, watch how quickly all this gets settled. Mark my words.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:46 am

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:47 am

Also, according to Cadena Ser, there is no 700 millions clause in Messi last year of contract. This means that they have to negotiate a deal and if it comes to it, then a judge will set the price BUT Messi will be leaving anyway. This is a game changer, Barto is fcked
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:52 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:

Well, there it is. Bartomeu is looking shockingly bad, worse with every piece of news.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:10 am

rincon wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:

Well, there it is. Bartomeu is looking shockingly bad, worse with every piece of news.
that's like a thief being caught in the act, Barto clearly saying that just before the start of the new season, which is now, Messi can decide to walk away, which he did.

What is all this grandstanding from barca for then? lol

The only logical explanation is that there is still a stipulated date by which he has to give the club his decision, and Barto is holding onto that.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:17 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:

CASE CLOSED

Messi walks for free
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:35 am

So pretty obvious Messi to City is basically official, by now.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:50 am

I would not say that Arq. If you look at my post above, i think there is a reason why Messi is not gone yet. Despite barto's words, there may be a date by which Messi has to communicate his decision to the club, and that's what we have been talking about in the past days.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:32 am

but but Messi clearly wants to make sure the club get compensated 100M

lol

done dealio

really looking forward to the PL next season

Last edited by Firenze on Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:35 am

Or simply that Messi does feel loyalty to the fans of Barca and the history of the establishment, the place he grew up and became the player and icon he is today... and would like to figure out a way for them to get something for his exit.  People can say that would have happened anywhere; I disagree.  For "Messi" to happen, you need a perfect combination of talent and circumstance.  Not saying it couldn't happen, but you can't assume it would have

Messi could just be a classy person.

For his legacy, Messi clearly does not want to leave Barca this way.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:50 am

Oh but no Sports, I think Messi intended to walk out of Barcafor free with no hassle Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:04 am

So let's now look at the Barca highest profile exits:

-  R9 - a mess
-  Figo - a mess
-  Neymar - a mess
-  Messi - a messi

See a trend lol
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:20 am

Firenze wrote:but but Messi clearly wants to make sure the club get compensated 100M

lol

done dealio

really looking forward to the PL next season

The amount of horse shit posts I have seen illustrating that on Barca centric forum(s) is ridiculous. Messi's love and admiration for Barcelona and their fans are so huge that he demanded an increase in his salary every (or every other) season (which was already huge btw) and is literally looking to get the fuck outta dodge for free. Oh and not too mention his camp more than likely strong armed the Barca board to defend him while he got found guilty for tax evasion.

The man is out for himself and I do not blame him. At all. Because with all I wrote, he gave everything he can possibly give to Barcelona and their fans. Gave them too much trophies to celebrate. Made the club tens of millions of dollars in just marketing alone, far less for prize money all while being their greatest player ever.

Also, I'm totally enjoying this clusterfuck Barcelona find themselves in. Beautiful stuff.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:29 am

There's no better personification of Cule rat culture than Messi leaving like this, incredibly fitting
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:16 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Really odd that no one has asked what Harmonica's stance on this will be.

Will he continue to support Barça or support City?

I'll say this, I'll watch every ManC game, and not many Barcelona ones.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:19 pm

So primarily a City fan
welcome to the GOAT league Harmonica Molenation
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:26 pm

Good to know when Pep gets knocked out again in the quarters next year, I will have Harmonica to help with damage control. That Lyon loss had me working PR overtime ffs.

Though I'm not sure if Harmonica has the same fire he once did. Why didn't you post a Bayern is on PED's thread? I was expecting Goretzka transformation pics dawg.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:31 pm

Number of things, summer happenings and a lot to do, and I've been sick of Barcelona lately. Although the PED accusation sounds viable.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:44 pm

Sounds like a great acquisition for the GOAT league community on GL

New feuds, new accusations/conspiracies plus Harmonica would have gone from bashing Arabs and oil money to becoming a Sheikh Mansour fanboy within a space of a few months. Insane stuff.

Unban Unique and ban him from the politics thread or something pls coz next season's gonna be lit
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:52 pm

Harmonica wrote:Number of things, summer happenings and a lot to do, and I've been sick of Barcelona lately. Although the PED accusation sounds viable.

These kind of pics have been blowing up over social media lol. Sane is going to come out looking like Cristiano by the end of next season. Come to think of it, a Castillejo loan move to Bayern is needed.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 34 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 34  Next