Thimmy
rincon
Warrior
Myesyats
66 posters

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

Where will Messi go?

Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 33 Vote_lcap18%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 33 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 6 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 33 Vote_lcap9%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 33 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 33 Vote_lcap0%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 33 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 33 Vote_lcap0%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 33 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 33 Vote_lcap3%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 33 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 33 Vote_lcap38%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 33 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 13 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 33 Vote_lcap9%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 33 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 33 Vote_lcap3%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 33 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 33 Vote_lcap6%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 33 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 33 Vote_lcap6%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 33 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 33 Vote_lcap8%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 33 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 34

Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 33 Empty Re: Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:09 pm

I cant believe it if he comes... wow...

No manager has managed to play him n a front 3 so I guess this would mean Dembele playing LW with Lewand doing an even slower Suarez role? The FB would need to provide so much to compensate but we dont have an attacking RB as usual lol? Otherwise Balde would need to constantly being the LW if Dembele stays RW so Messi has players to actually play to, n then rest would have to defend a lot of ground if countered or we would have to be so good at pressing in order not to give opponents too many chances...

Dembele Lewand Messi

Balde De Jong Pedri Araujo/Gavi

Alonso Christensen Kounde

I guess its possible, n better than having Fati/Ferran instead Razz

BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 33 Empty Re: Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:53 pm

It's a peculiar situation because Laporta doesnt want to be known/remembered as the presi who let Messi go so this possible return means a lot to him on that level. On the other hand, he and the entire staff naturally want to have a team capable of competing in CL next season.

Those two things dont exactly cancel out each other, but Messi at the age of 35/36 seems like a luxury signing. It depends on what other movements will happen this summer, but we still need a top class DM and RB. Another striker to rotate with Lewa as well, ideally..

The club is working on 2/3 exits this week too. Wonder who those are. Kessie/Ansu/Ferran? Who knows.

The starting XI should be fine, but depth will still be lacking. It's hard not to be happy about Messi coming back, but on the other hand we were supposed to be starting our new era, but we're still stuck in the past.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:21 pm

It's literally one season, two at most. You're not competing in the CL next season, bud. Even 'Teta's Gunners would wipe the floor with you.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:43 pm

El Gunner wrote:It's literally one season, two at most. You're not competing in the CL next season, bud. Even 'Teta's Gunners would wipe the floor with you.

You wish Laughing

Couldnt even beat Sporting brudda. It's very likely we'll end up in the same group so we'll see lol
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:08 am

I heard Laporte say only THREE incoming players; Messi, Gundogan and Iñigo Martinez (lol all senior!). Rest of moves are to try to resolve financial balance! Bottom line, no bench strength!

But with the possibility of UEFA suspension, maybe it doesn’t matter. rofl
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:17 pm

Lewa Dembele
Messi
Pedri FDJ Gundagon Araujo
Martinez Christensen Kounde

with that set up i think that's good enough defense to try and make a CL run hmm Pedri can also play in Dembele's position and then Balde at LWB if you want more effort
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:40 pm

futbol_bill wrote:I heard Laporte say only THREE incoming players; Messi, Gundogan and Iñigo Martinez (lol all senior!). Rest of moves are to try to resolve financial balance! Bottom line, no bench strength!

But with the possibility of UEFA suspension, maybe it doesn’t matter. rofl

Laporta said none of that. They also have Carrasco on standby, and heavy interest in Cancelo/Zubimendi and others so they're definitely planning for more than 3 incomings.

There's pessimism around Messi today though, looks like it might not happen after all (part of me is relieved tbh)

Inigo should be announced today, so he can be registered without any departures it seems hmm
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:48 pm

La Liga officially green lighted Barca's viability plan so they can now send an official offer to Mehssi. We'll see.

Gundogan seems done, probably announced after the CL final. City will probably push for him to stay though
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:45 pm

Reports that he's set to join Inter Miami. I doubt he'll be loaned to Barca though
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:54 pm

Great news for you guys. Trust Xavi and continue his rebuild process.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:58 pm

That loan was discussed as for 6 months with a possible one year extension. The 6 months would not effect his playing time with Miami!

Basically, it’s easy money for Miami, Laporte gets his wish for positive news, and at a price be can afford, and gets to give Messi a proper sendoff. And has been discussed here, this isn’t for futbol reasons so the 12 month extension was never in the cards.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:56 pm

Myesyats wrote:Reports that he's set to join Inter Miami. I doubt he'll be loaned to Barca though
Laughing Barca were begging Messi to come, even got Tebas to look the other way and he's still not joining. Going to a club that was formed 3 years ago. Must be difficult....
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:29 pm

Can you blame him? Players like Kounde and Lewa joined without guarantees that they'll be registered on time.. Laporta already fucked over Messi once, and today they can send him an offer but still can't provide 100% guarantees which is a dealbreaker. The relationship is strained if not broken, and there's very little trust. Messi and his camp want to be 100% sure and currently everything at Barca is hanging by a thread

This is a win-win though, we can move on with the Xavibola project, the team will not be unbalanced and Messi will have a nice stay in Miami far away from Saudi and CR
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:41 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
Myesyats wrote:Reports that he's set to join Inter Miami. I doubt he'll be loaned to Barca though
Laughing Barca were begging Messi to come, even got Tebas to look the other way and he's still not joining. Going to a club that was formed 3 years ago. Must be difficult....
According to his dad Messi was willing to play for free, but Barca couldn't guarantee that they would be able to register him.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:44 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:
According to his dad Messi was willing to play for free, but Barca couldn't guarantee that they would be able to register him.
I have heard that line many times. Happened everytime Ramos was negotiating a contract, was going round saying he'd play for free while grabbing the club by the balls. Messi would never have played for free lol. He didn't dry out your banks out of the goodness of his heart, there likely would have been thousands of strings attached.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:12 pm

We need Inter Miami crest! :bow:
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:29 pm

Ffs... his boss will be Beckham of all ppl lol... sad shit... at least its better than Saudi, but tbh I dont ever watch MLS either Razz MLS fans must be over the moon though... n Im guessing he will carry them a long way... if they bring in more n become a team with a good defense n can score goal, will they rule the league?

Do MLS teams have good enough players n tactics to step old Messi? Although it also depends on how much effort he gives I guess or hes just there to enjoy life Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:34 pm

Harmonica wrote:We need Inter Miami crest! :bow:
Laughing can't wait for the Inter Miami gifs in the Messi thread, Harmonica Molenation
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:58 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:

The notion of either Jorge or Lionel Messi working for free or even taking the slightest pay cut is patently absurd Laughing They were always going to choose the best financial package and the Miami deal with its non-MLS financial incentives might turn out to be more lucrative than the Saudi offer.

Barça were never really in the race tbh.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:16 pm

He gets the best of both worlds by Messi's standpoint = gets paid an absurd amount of money when factoring in non-MLS incentives and stays highly marketable.  Saudi move would have eroded his marketability.

And the "not being able to register Messi" excuse is an explanation worthy of the current US government when talking to the American people.

Last edited by sportsczy on Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:16 pm

I'm not sure, the Saudi one was very hard to beat... but you and your family have to live in Saudi, with its very different culture, whereas Miami has a huge Argentine expat community and he would feel more at home.

And yeah, if I were Messi, I would've played for a reasonable fee at a top club able to win the Prem/Serie A just to add to my legend. It feels too soon for him to "retire" early.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:19 pm

BC... he doesn't move anymore.  Like at all.  And he's lost a substantial amount of pace.  He can show up for a month here and there... but he just can't sustain anything.  He's still fantastic with ball at feet and in tight spaces... but that's it.  

Forget the stats at PSG.  From a movement and defensive standpoint, his side of the pitch was just abused all the time by not so great teams frankly.   He couldn't even play for Pep now... he'd still need to move some.

MLS level is so much lower that he'll dominate.   There's very little quality.  I'd say the level is 2nd or 3rd division in the top 5 leagues in Europe.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:29 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
And yeah, if I were Messi, I would've played for a reasonable fee at a top club able to win the Prem/Serie A just to add to my legend. It feels too soon for him to "retire" early.

i think he is just saturated personally, thinking about his family now.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:30 pm

Myesyats wrote:Can you blame him? Players like Kounde and Lewa joined without guarantees that they'll be registered on time.. Laporta already fucked over Messi once, and today they can send him an offer but still can't provide 100% guarantees which is a dealbreaker. The relationship is strained if not broken, and there's very little trust. Messi and his camp want to be 100% sure and currently everything at Barca is hanging by a thread

This is a win-win though, we can move on with the Xavibola project, the team will not be unbalanced and Messi will have a nice stay in Miami far away from Saudi and CR

Laporte fucked Messi over ????? Because he couldn’t find a way to accommodate Messi horrendous salary???

It’s actually other way around. Messi fucked the Barca organization with his annual black mail demands for increased salary, so much so that Messi’s salary alone exceeded 70% of club’s income, and leaving literally nothing in club’s capacity for rest of squad!

Why you guys keep ignore his selfishness greed is beyond me.

In any event, the loan deal was a discussion between Beckham’s folks and Laporte and would not have been announced as part of the deal reached today. I suspect it still may happen, but it will just be for 6 months if it does happen.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:00 pm

What selfishness?

Messi and Barca agreed terms for ~23m euros. Not free, but certainly way below market for him and not a ridiculous or greedy amount.

The problem is that due to La Liga's agreement with Barca, Barca can't increase spending by more than 40% of income. So to free up that 23m they need to decrease existing salaries by 60m. That means selling a number of players.

So Barca told Messi something like "Hey we want to make this work, but we need the entire summer to offload players, and even then we can't guarantee we'll be able to sell enough" to which he responded something like "Not this shit again, screw it".

I don't think anyone screwed anyone over. It's just that Barca are not in a good financial spot right now. Clearly getting Messi would have been a win for Laporta, as he would bring in way more than 23m for us.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:01 pm

And why do you think Barca are in the financial shape they are? It is a bit of incompetence management and lot of Messi’s greed for annual blackmail demand for increased salary. Him and family and fanboys saying he was screwed by Barca is hypocritical!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next