CBarca
El Gunner
Warrior
Robespierre
Freeza
19 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 37 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 07 Mar 2021, 14:25

Yeah basically.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 37 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Art Morte Sun 07 Mar 2021, 14:46

Griffin's a total liability defensively, I think he will cost the Nets more points than score (if they do sign him).
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun 07 Mar 2021, 15:07

Dont you think gaurding the likes of Brook Lopez, Thompson/Theis and Mitchell Robison he will cause minimal issues? What they gonna do, light him up for 8 points and 4 rebounds?

Against Embiid, Adebayo and legit scorers..you just dont have him out there.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun 07 Mar 2021, 15:35

^^ cryin... i love how you included Brook Lopez in there, that'll sure get CB's panties in a bunch

you're overblowing the issue Art, Brooklyn are literally just signing him to give him a ring
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 07 Mar 2021, 15:38

Well with how Bucks play it's probably accurate lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun 07 Mar 2021, 15:49

Brook Lopez of some years ago would have put 30 on him.

This version shoots step back 3's. Sometimes the NBA doesnt make any sense.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun 07 Mar 2021, 17:42

Griffin will be murdered the moment he has to switch and on top of that he doesn't offer rim protection that the Nets could really do with given their guards aren't great defenders. Sure, he can guard a Theis or Robinson probably fine, but so could any PF/C in the league. Signing this version of Blake just isn't a smart move by a contender.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 07 Mar 2021, 22:07

I doubt he'll need to switch like that.

It's more likely KD or Harden will deal with things like that.

In general i don't think he'll be exploited to the level you seem to suspect.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon 08 Mar 2021, 17:44

Blake is a poor defender. But I cant see him giving them worse minutes than rookies like Claxton even when switched out on top.

What's the playoff rotation going to look like?

Kyrie, Harden, Harris, KD, Jordan.

Uncle Green, Luwawu-Cabarrot, Shamat and Blake.

Big playoff games are going to run 8 deep max and Blake may not even get off the bench if Uncle Green is doing what he been doing.

Yeah, just dont see how this impacts them either way.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon 08 Mar 2021, 18:14

^^you forgot Bruce Brown who's been killing it lately!
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon 08 Mar 2021, 19:26

That's right, I did.

Nets are set tbh, I dont see anyone stopping them at this point.

Maybe the Lakers because nobody matches up with AD but even so..who on that squad has anything for Harden and Kyrie?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon 08 Mar 2021, 23:29

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Well with how Bucks play it's probably accurate lol.

I mean with how we play it's accurate, yeah, Brook on offense is just not there anymore, and he's not supposed to be. It's his defense that is more concerning this year. But yeah Brook will give us 10 ppg and space the floor and that's all we ask, so I completely agree.

Putting Blake on the floor as a small ball 5 or something with Giannis on the floor is murder though, but I assume any minutes Blake would get come without Giannis on the floor. Or as a 4 with DJ at the 5 or something
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue 09 Mar 2021, 10:13

The Franchise wrote:That's right, I did.

Nets are set tbh, I dont see anyone stopping them at this point.

Maybe the Lakers because nobody matches up with AD but even so..who on that squad has anything for Harden and Kyrie?

Schröder and Caruso are great defenders and they can cause as much trouble for Harden and Kyrie as anyone. But no one can stop them when they're on.

Then again, no one can really stop LeBron and AD either. And Harrell somehow always finds double digit points.

Think it'll be a much more interesting finals than last year, if everyone stays healthy.

I can see injuries for both teams preventing this matchup.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue 09 Mar 2021, 17:31

Nah, I dont think they can. They are good and give their all but neither is real resistance. Transform Caruso annd Schroder into Lonzo/Smart/Holiday/Lu Dort and its a different story.

KD and Lebron are as wash. Every finals they play the numbers are basically the same and one is slightly better in a given series.

So its down to AD, who himself had a disappointing finals individually.

Your right it, injuries might prevent this match up and LA being together longer gives them more than a fair chance but talent for talent, Nets are better and it seems like they are figuring out quickly how the play together.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue 09 Mar 2021, 20:59

I’m curious as to how we’ve got the best defense in the league when all our players aren’t great defenders.

Frank Vogel must be the GOAT defensive coach then
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed 10 Mar 2021, 12:35

yea it's the system. It was also the cornerstone of y'alls success last season, Vogel has surpassed my expectations

Schroder and Caruso 1v1 stand no chance against Harden and Kyrie, come on man, that's just common sense Laughing they'll make them work for it, that's for sure, but that level of skill will always come up tops
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed 10 Mar 2021, 13:42

That’s what I wrote lol.

No team is better equipped at containing Kyrie and Harden than us. But no team can stop a superstar like Harden, except himself and clutch situations.

Kyrie has been established as him own worst enemy ages ago.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed 10 Mar 2021, 14:22

Kyrie his own worst enemy, how so? he has two other elite players beside him, so all he has to do is not get selfish and make his shots which he is very capable of doing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed 10 Mar 2021, 16:52

Yeah, Vogel has always had good principles on defence. He still believes in big men protecting the basket and they dont switch absolutely everything. Gave to give credit where its due on that end of the floor because as I said, the Lakers dont have elite defenders in any position other than AD.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed 10 Mar 2021, 17:23

That’s it. Vogel having the league’s best defense without an elite defender is absolute GOAT stuff.

Don’t agree with us not having elite defenders as it’s clearly wrong
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed 10 Mar 2021, 17:36

Well IDK, in this league you can be a top defence just being having size, effort an solid principles. Which you guys have. Many teams have had great defences without many elite individual defenders.

Boston was a great defensive team and really only had Perk and KG you'd class as elite.

Bulls had Deng and Noah and the rest were pretty average, yet still an elite team on defence.

Who outside AD is elite defender? Maybe im forgetting someone.

Gasol is too slow and immobile.

Trez, too small to check legit bigs.

Bron is good when he puts the effort in, but at his age you know he isnt going to give his all until the final 5 minutes.

Dennis and Kuzma have good moments here and there but come on, they are not elite defenders by any stretch.

KCP? Matthews?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed 10 Mar 2021, 20:42

LeBron and Caruso have been elite this season. And AD was subpar before the injury though still great.

Kuzma has been great and analytics back it up.

KCP and Dennis are really great too.

And our guards did a great job these past playoffs playi by against elite competition. Hell Wes Matthews was by far the best Jimmy Butler defender.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed 10 Mar 2021, 23:14

I will let other comment, I will say i disagree. None of them are elite defenders. they range from good to great on rare occassion.

I will comment on Kuzma though. I dont care what the analytics say, he is not a great defender. Those same numbers have the Lakers being a better defensive team with AD off the floor than on it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon 15 Mar 2021, 10:39

Steph absolutely torched Gobert last night rofl
also, it only took a rookie pick n roll from Mannion and Wiseman to leave him in no man's land... Freeza was right, let's secure the 8th seed and take down these pretenders
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon 15 Mar 2021, 14:24

When is Kerr gonna stop keepeing Wiseman glued to the bench FFS

I don't think he knows how to grow a 5 like Wiseman. Prefers a big who just rebounds and gives up the ball, Pachulia was perfect. In fact he criticized Wiseman for not getting enough boards Laughing
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 16 Mar 2021, 02:06

Of course we lose to Minnesota by 30 and then in the same week beat the Clippers by 20+.

This team is Schizophrenia the Basketball version.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next