The US Politics Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The US Politics Thread

Post by El Gunner Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:43 pm

yes democracy is a joke/scam/illusion in general

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:14 pm

It has nothing to do with this ruling though, that somebody of Trump's stature actually faces or might face justice is proof that democracy actually works in this respect
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:59 pm

Looks like Trump is really ahead and they have to go extra steps to prevent him from winning.

The establishment does not want Trump because he's a president with more autonomy than any other candidate and more difficult to control.

Others policies and opinions are bought and secured long before by their campaign sponsors and employers. This is why you will generally see the mainstream against Trump. Been that way ever since he announced himself the first time.

Any other president is just a face and a mouth and Biden proves that so well, and he can't even do the mouth part.

Mainstream media throws everything at Trump, any scandal they could think of and it's constantly in the headlines, while Biden's dirty stuff is well known but hardly ever talked about. No one asks him anything in the media and he still messes it up because he's clearly degraded cognitively.

Practically everything about Trump that was used against him gets dismantled over time. Before he even started, it was on every channel how Trump is WW3 waiting to happen, and guess what, man led no wars. And since he left office the world seems on the brink of it all the time.

Though this is just an opinion of a man who hates politics and tries to know as little as possible.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:23 pm

Don't be naivete, Vibeson. These little skirmishes around the world are just pawns moving around the board. It rarely matters who is currently the face of the US' government, the game never stops behind the curtains, anything that happens on the surface is merely a distraction
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:11 pm

The Supreme Court will likely overturn this, which will just make them even more hypocritical than they already are.

On the off chance that they don't overturn this, more states are likely going to move to take Trump off the ballot as well. My state punted on this, which I found to be cowardly so I do give CO credit for not waffling or equivocating on this.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:48 am

It's unconstitutional... that's why it will get overturned by the Supreme Court. Trump hasn't been convicted lol.  At least with a conviction, you have a half-ass legal argument (that will get overturned because the lawsuits against him are bogus as well).

Just vote against him if you don't like him... none of these banana republic tactics of using the legal system to get rid of political opponents.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:42 am

sportsczy wrote:It's unconstitutional... that's why it will get overturned by the Supreme Court. Trump hasn't been convicted lol.  At least with a conviction, you have a half-ass legal argument (that will get overturned because the lawsuits against him are bogus as well).  

Just vote against him if you don't like him... none of these banana republic tactics of using the legal system to get rid of political opponents.

I think Democratic establishment is just afraid of Trump. they don't know how to stop him, they've been throwing everything at him for years but nothing sticks so they think barring him from running for president and using undemocratic (ironic) methods is their only option.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:41 pm

Pedram wrote:
sportsczy wrote:It's unconstitutional... that's why it will get overturned by the Supreme Court. Trump hasn't been convicted lol.  At least with a conviction, you have a half-ass legal argument (that will get overturned because the lawsuits against him are bogus as well).  

I think Democratic establishment is just afraid of Trump. they don't know how to stop him, they've been throwing everything at him for years but nothing sticks so they think barring him from running for president and using undemocratic (ironic) methods is their only option.

Ironically, if they would just leave him alone and the media stopped talking about him, he would have disappeared.  In January 2022, De Santis was literally tied with him for the Republican nomination.  But once the nonsense Jan 6 hearings, lawsuits, etc. happened, they made Trump into a martyr... so people are voting for him for two reasons:
-  Anger at the establishment for manipulating the law to try and illegally get rid of him
-  Fear of setting a precedent that make such tactics valid

He was about to go away.  Dumb democrats made him relevant again.

I would happily see both Trump and Biden go away.  But they are worse than cockroaches because of how the political game is being played.  

I want a President who has a vested interest in his decisions... not someone who is going to literally die on the job.  What a joke that these are our choices in the US.  I'm not voting for Trump in the primary.  Buf if it comes down to Trump v Biden for the presidency, what choice do I have?  Sad really. So everyone is clear, my president votes have been:

2020 - Biden (I regret)
2016 - Hillary (I would have regretted)
2012 - Obama
2008 - Obama
2004 - Bush 2 (I couldn't stand John Kerry)
2000 - Al Gore
1996 - Clinton
1992 - Bush 1
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:50 pm

sportsczy wrote:

I mean we did that in 2020 and the motherfucker incited a coup and insurrection that ended with 5 people dead. It's almost like we can't beat him using a system he doesn't respect.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:07 am

sportsczy wrote:
Pedram wrote:

Ironically, if they would just leave him alone and the media stopped talking about him, he would have disappeared.

I think you know why that won't happen: Money.

Trump makes the mainstream media corporations a shitload of money via ratings. Their anchors may be fed up having to talk about him, but I guarantee the shareholders aren't. He makes the Democrats a ton of money via fundraising. They have a vested interest in keeping him in the public eye as much as they can because they'll know he'll say some crazy shit which allows them to use it to ask (and often receive) more donations from voters.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:52 am

McLewis wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

I mean we did that in 2020 and the motherfucker incited a coup and insurrection that ended with 5 people dead. It's almost like we can't beat him using a system he doesn't respect.

how do you know for sure he was behind the insurrection?? because CNN says so?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:38 pm

El Gunner wrote:
McLewis wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

how do you know for sure he was behind the insurrection?? because CNN says so?

Yes he invented the "stop the steal" slogan..

First, he lied to his redneck supporters that the election was stolen and that, in fact, he won by a landslide. Then he urged his followers to "fight like hell" and "stop the steal" at all times ensuring that he will not concede defeat because Americans won't have a country anymore.

Those are his own exact quotes and while it is debatable whether he can be criminally prosecuted for that, politically he is 100% responsible for the insurrection

Without the "stolen election" rhetoric there is no riot, really a 5 year old can figure out as much, and it's because that doofus cannot democratically concede defeat because he is a manchild

And this rhetoric also undermines democracy at its core, because he lost in a democratic vote. Which also lays foundations for more violence in the future and gives unhinged and armed followers the license to not accept future election results
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:12 pm

I was on the Trump boat in 2016 and got off in 17 when I figured out his disingenuous side and not living up to his promises, and somehow being as ineffectual as Barack Obama, who also sucked just by the way. You can bring up Trumps merits because believe me doing business in the States was a dream under his tenure but by this point defending him is nearly pointless.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:42 pm

Arquitecto wrote:I was on the Trump boat in 2016 and got off in 17 when I figured out his disingenuous side and not living up to his promises, and somehow being as ineffectual as Barack Obama, who also sucked just by the way. You can bring up Trumps merits because believe me doing business in the States was a dream under his tenure but by this point defending him is nearly pointless.

Were you on the Trump boat back then purely because of what he could bring to the table from a business-perspective?
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:14 pm

Mainly it was him replacing failure that was ObamaCare with pre existing medical care conditions
Reducing taxes
Creating more jobs in opportunity for the American people
And actually regulating border control without it being a violent mess.
His only true success was how fun it made it for us business persons and that's it.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:08 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Mainly it was him replacing failure that was ObamaCare with pre existing medical care conditions
Reducing taxes
His only true success was how fun it made it for us business persons and that's it.

It's very weird that the ACA (Obamacare) is considered a failure when it remains relatively popular with the general public a decade after its creation.

You mentioned Trump made it "fun" for business-people.....but did you actually make as much money as you thought you would by supporting him? Did you make more? Less? I ask because there are quite a few folks that voted for him for singular reasons like this. Given all of the really awful shit that's happened on his watch, I'm really curious if that vote back in 2016 was worth winning on those singular issues.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:40 pm

McLewis wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
Reducing taxes

It's very weird that the ACA (Obamacare) is considered a failure when it remains relatively popular with the general public a decade after its creation.

You mentioned Trump made it "fun" for business-people.....but did you actually make as much money as you thought you would by supporting him? Did you make more? Less? I ask because there are quite a few folks that voted for him for singular reasons like this. Given all of the really awful shit that's happened on his watch, I'm really curious if that vote back in 2016 was worth winning on those singular issues.

I think Obamacare simply doesn't have the balance it needs to have and has a lot of strings attached that I just find baffling, and I have the reasons behind that but the main point is your question.

Look in 2016 I was a younger more extreme personality with such views that would also be prevalent here and often clashed with a Liberal mindset like RedO so my tunnel vision did enact me to vote for such reasons. I did not make as much as I expected but that could also due to be a multitude of reasons but also the money I made during his tenure I feel may have not also have had to do with what he provided. He did provide a more comfortable and free environment for business people that is for certain but I get what you are saying but at what cost?

If you spoke to me in 2016 Neal you'd not have me admit that Republicans such as Tucker and co. are quite simply BAD Faith artists and for the most part sexually stifled humourless cons.` On paper I lean right but I was turned off from it from 2017 to reform my views and admit a lot of what I believed in was simply just BS and emotionally if not driven by frustration, a sign of growth from me.

They just dont believe in what they say the Repubs and its not because they are smart they DO know what they are doing its just in bad faith.

There is a lot of double standard against Trump I will agree with ElG but he did not help himself and I cannot bring myself to vote for him in the coming election given he had his chance and made a clown of himself.

His election is the best in president history but his team be it Mattis etc it just turned out to be a disaster.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:55 pm

Thinking on it further its why the right spectrum of American politics annoys me more now. They pride themselves in old values and what is "right" but as it stands right-twitter is having a meltdown over some pine-up calendar.

There is such so much lack of self awareness in them and why they refuse to admit they were wrong about Donald because they made supporting him a fucking identity.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:17 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
McLewis wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
Reducing taxes

I think Obamacare simply doesn't have the balance it needs to have and has a lot of strings attached that I just find baffling, and I have the reasons behind that but the main point is your question.

Look in 2016 I was a younger more extreme personality with such views that would also be prevalent here and often clashed with a Liberal mindset like RedO so my tunnel vision did enact me to vote for such reasons. I did not make as much as I expected but that could also due to be a multitude of reasons but also the money I made during his tenure I feel may have not also have had to do with what he provided. He did provide a more comfortable and free environment for business people that is for certain but I get what you are saying but at what cost?

If you spoke to me in 2016 Neal you'd not have me admit that Republicans such as Tucker and co. are quite simply BAD Faith artists and for the most part sexually stifled humourless cons.` On paper I lean right but I was turned off from it from 2017 to reform my views and admit a lot of what I believed in was simply just BS and emotionally if not driven by frustration, a sign of growth from me.

They just dont believe in what they say the Repubs and its not because they are smart they DO know what they are doing its just in bad faith.

There is a lot of double standard against Trump I will agree with ElG but he did not help himself and I cannot bring myself to vote for him in the coming election given he had his chance and made a clown of himself.

His election is the best in president history but his team be it Mattis etc it just turned out to be a disaster.

Fair enough I suppose. Naturally, I don't consider his election to be anywhere near the best in history. Most surprising and/or shocking? Definitely. Most pivotal in recent memory? Certainly. Best or effective? Not even close. If anything, it was the most regressive in history.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:38 am

you people can debate and vote all you want, it doesn't matter coz your presidential candidates are just puppets
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:20 am

McLewis wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
McLewis wrote:

Fair enough I suppose. Naturally, I don't consider his election to be anywhere near the best in history. Most surprising and/or shocking? Definitely. Most pivotal in recent memory? Certainly. Best or effective? Not even close. If anything, it was the most regressive in history.

You must understand my context. For a man with no political history to come up and swoop all the candidates he did and in such dramatic fashion I cannot think of a more sensational election given we must admit it was fun to watch and he knew exactly what he is doing. Does not reflect on the man himself but it was quite the spectacle.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:53 am

Trump was the greatest US president in my lifetime purely because of the memes and outlandish shit he said. 2016-2019 was the last great time not just in American culture, but the entire world. We can all admit the vibes changed for the worse since Kobe died and the plandemic hit.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:55 am

El Gunner wrote:Trump was the greatest US president in my lifetime purely because of the memes and outlandish shit he said. 2016-2019 was the last great time not just in American culture, but the entire world. We can all admit the vibes changed for the worse since Kobe died and the plandemic hit.

I think it was mostly the pandemic, and not Kobe though Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:00 am

although i think we hit a slight timeline shift for the better when Curry won his long overdue finals MVP and Messi achieved destiny last year
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:31 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
McLewis wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
McLewis wrote:

You must understand my context. For a man with no political history to come up and swoop all the candidates he did and in such dramatic fashion I cannot think of a more sensational election given we must admit it was fun to watch and he knew exactly what he is doing. Does not reflect on the man himself but it was quite the spectacle.

I certainly understand the context. To those on the outside looking in, it certainly was a spectacle. For those Americans directly impacted by his policies, it was a lot less surreal and a lot more horrific.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:18 pm

By election I mean his election campaign, not his presidency for I did label him a clown above and for good reason.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next