BarrileteCosmico
McLewis
32 posters

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Go down

The US Politics Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The US Politics Thread

Post by Myesyats Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:29 am

anyone know when is trumps healthcare plan coming??? cant wait

hoping this year is the year The US Politics Thread - Page 3 Crossed-fingers_1f91e

The US Politics Thread - Page 3 DFBCqQ_XgAAfBfb

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:46 am

God, the right's obsession with human trafficking is hilarious.

Don't get me wrong: horrible issue that we should always be trying our best to stamp out.

However, it's all too often co-opted by the right as a way to show they care about a social issue, as opposed to trying to make a difference in racism, unemployment, housing, urban development, food security etc
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:09 am

Well in politics often times it's not about who you are but who you say you are and whether enough people believe you. That's populism isnt it, in some sense

Obviously republicans rigged the game in their favor so Dems should finally exercise their power and get rid of the freaking electoral college. So far it seems like republicans still have a lot of control even though they lost it all and the path for Dems to push them aside is very straightforward and laid out by ridding the country of outdated mechanisms.

Also its probably the right that indulges in trafficking themselves so they want to project that onto someone else. Typical KGB tactics, accuse the opposition of exactly what you're doing yourself
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:37 am

Myesyats wrote:Well in politics often times it's not about who you are but who you say you are and whether enough people believe you. That's populism isnt it, in some sense

Obviously republicans rigged the game in their favor so Dems should finally exercise their power and get rid of the freaking electoral college. So far it seems like republicans still have a lot of control even though they lost it all and the path for Dems to push them aside is very straightforward and laid out by ridding the country of outdated mechanisms.

Also its probably the right that indulges in trafficking themselves so they want to project that onto someone else. Typical KGB tactics, accuse the opposition of exactly what you're doing yourself

That reminds me of this article I read, where someone was in distress because an Indian clothing company had a logo that he or she thought looked like a woman spreading her legs hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:35 pm

Yeah sure these "snowflakes" nowadays are usually terrible and miserable people but they want to create a public image of themselves as if they're somehow so generous and whatnot.

Their intentions are good but as we all know good intentions don't always produce good results.

I prefer this however to intentionally being harmful and peddling conspiracies like right wing nutjobs do. Being a snowflake is annoying but it doesnt harm anyone really
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:46 pm

The intentions aren't always good. Sometimes, people just want to get attention or praise for doing something on someone else's behalf. With social media, that's possible.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:53 pm

Sure that's true. The thing about social media is that such trivial things are swiftly reported any people quickly pick up on that. But its so irrelevant that you don't remember about it the next day

IMO the company didnt have to change the logo and nothing would have happened to them in terms of sales or image. If i were the CEO i would take that snowflake to court and make them prove the exact way in which the logo itself is provocative or suggestive or whatever. To me it does look a little like a woman wearing pink socks and the fact that its for a clothing company does seem kinda sus but would anyone be able to make a case for that in a court of law? doubt
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:43 pm

Read a crazy stat today, apparently since the election 28 states have introduced legislation to curb voting access rights. Including PA, GA and TX and other red states in danger of turning blue.

If you can't beat them... stop them from voting? It's not really surprising, but you'd think they'd be a little less blatant about it.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:27 pm

How can they restrict a citizen's access to vote? There's no way to do that where i live you just go to the polling station on the day, what else could there be to it?

also what would it take to get rid of the electoral college? do you need any rpublican votes if Kamala is the tiebreaker?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:52 pm

Myesyats wrote:How can they restrict a citizen's access to vote? There's no way to do that where i live you just go to the polling station on the day, what else could there be to it?

also what would it take to get rid of the electoral college? do you need any rpublican votes if Kamala is the tiebreaker?

They can and already do restrict the access to vote with disturbing ease. The go-to move is to restrict the number of voting centers, which creates long lines of voters. This alone can discourage people from trying to vote as it forces them to put more effort into it when it is often extremely easy and convenient in GOP-friendly areas. If a person's job is in danger because they have to wait in line and be late for work in order to vote, they will choose their job (and livelihood) over voting pretty much everytime. This is exactly what the GOP wants. Another method is "voter ID", which basically forces people to have a specific piece of documentation in order to vote. This sounds sensible, but is often difficult to obtain, especially for folks who do not have permanent addresses or are part of the gig economy. These folks often tend to vote Democrat, which is why you see "voter ID" talked about by GOP in those places more often than not.

As for getting rid of the electoral college, not only would it likely have to survive a challenge in the Supreme Court, it would also require a constitutional amendment, which requires at least 2/3s of Congress (both chambers) to pass as well as a President brave enough to sign that amendment into law. It's an extremely difficult feat and requires way too many planets to align for it to be a realistic goal.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:15 pm

Now this is quite depressing....
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:53 am

Dems have proposed a law to address it, although of course Republicans have threatened to filibuster it
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:48 am

This still applies. Cash and good PR > intellect and suitability for the job.

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:06 pm

The US Politics Thread - Page 3 KthaCYJ_d

They were advertising this.

2k, not 1400.

Also,

so from 99k to 50k.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:22 pm

and Also I must reiterate(for Hans Very Happy ) I make WELL over the income limit so I am not getting anything nor did I plan on getting anything. The fact of the matter is they promised a 2k check to us(in georgia specifically) if we got out and made sure Ossof and Warnock won.

A 1400$ check is BULLSHIT
Lowering the income limit for the checks so people who got 600 wont even get the extra 1400 is BULLSHIT

Im a democrat and will remain one and vote against republicans out of spite. The people who pushed us over in Georgia, in Arizona? They wont do the same. 2022 will be a landslide back in their favor.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:24 pm

Anyone mention how AOC was caught lying (again)? Laughing She's so desperate to be a victim.
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:25 pm

Young Kaz wrote:]Im a democrat and will remain one and vote against republicans out of spite
That's what they're banking on Laughing Laughing Laughing And then you wonder why nothing ever changes lol
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:31 pm

Lex wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:]Im a democrat and will remain one and vote against republicans out of spite
That's what they're banking on Laughing Laughing Laughing And then you wonder why nothing ever changes lol

Hey man, Im japanese who else im going to vote for?

The white supremacists in the democrat party at least tries to hide their hatred for my kind.

The republican wakes up in the morning and only stops cursing the yellow man to curse the black man. rofl

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:04 pm

Young Kaz wrote:and Also I must reiterate(for Hans Very Happy ) I make WELL over the income limit so I am not getting anything nor did I plan on getting anything. The fact of the matter is they promised a 2k check to us(in georgia specifically) if we got out and made sure Ossof and Warnock won.

Lowering the income limit for the checks so people who got 600 wont even get the extra 1400 is BULLSHIT

Im a democrat and will remain one and vote against republicans out of spite. The people who pushed us over in Georgia, in Arizona? They wont do the same.  2022 will be a landslide back in their favor.

At first I felt that the blowback on this was a little too heavy. We had just gotten $600 checks, and I think public opinion has shifted to the idea that not everyone needs to be getting the stimulus checks, and we can target it to help those most in need better.

I still think public opinion feels the way of the latter and I do as well, but I have shifted my opinion in thinking and this is an early blunder by the Dems, as expected. I just hope to hell that they didn't lower it to $1400 because they thought they could get bipartisan support, because GOP has shown they don't give a fuck as much now as ever.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:41 pm

CBarca wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:and Also I must reiterate(for Hans Very Happy ) I make WELL over the income limit so I am not getting anything nor did I plan on getting anything. The fact of the matter is they promised a 2k check to us(in georgia specifically) if we got out and made sure Ossof and Warnock won.

Im a democrat and will remain one and vote against republicans out of spite. The people who pushed us over in Georgia, in Arizona? They wont do the same.  2022 will be a landslide back in their favor.

At first I felt that the blowback on this was a little too heavy. We had just gotten $600 checks, and I think public opinion has shifted to the idea that not everyone needs to be getting the stimulus checks, and we can target it to help those most in need better.

I still think public opinion feels the way of the latter and I do as well, but I have shifted my opinion in thinking and this is an early blunder by the Dems, as expected. I just hope to hell that they didn't lower it to $1400 because they thought they could get bipartisan support, because GOP has shown they don't give a fuck as much now as ever.

and its the easiest slam dunk they could have on republicans.

Promise 2k
Give 2k

If we dont get 2k passed call out the democrats who broke that killed it(Manchin).

Anything less is a fumble.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:54 pm

I can't even imagine that rogue democrats are against it. What politician doesn't love giving their constituents money?

Honestly a very perplexing crisis.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:21 pm

Young Kaz wrote:and Also I must reiterate(for Hans Very Happy ) I make WELL over the income limit so I am not getting anything nor did I plan on getting anything.

Can you send me some? I'm kind of poor. (Trying to win the lottery but it's a long shot). PayPal maybe? That would be awesome Thumbs up

But then I remember, you US guys have all kind of mortgages, credit card debt, student loans to pay back, I mean I'm sure you've bought a house or some nonsense, so you need to earn WELL above to keep above and so I guess never mind
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:29 pm

Lex wrote:Anyone mention how AOC was caught lying (again)? Laughing She's so desperate to be a victim.

She didnt

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-afs:Content:9953835664

Its worrying to see the American nazi party rise up and distort reality.

Truth is the greatest enemy of the state -Joseph Goebbels
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:48 pm

What did AOC supposedly lie about?

Is it the thing that Myesyats posted?
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:23 pm

they're suggesting she lied about her whereabouts on the 6th.

clutching at straws and projecting because she didn't but a lie repeated a 1000 times becomes truth.

shaming the victim because they've no souls and trying to discredit the severity of the insurrection by making up these little lies and basically trying to say "it wasn't that bad" even though several people died
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:18 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:and Also I must reiterate(for Hans Very Happy ) I make WELL over the income limit so I am not getting anything nor did I plan on getting anything.

Can you send me some? I'm kind of poor. (Trying to win the lottery but it's a long shot). PayPal maybe? That would be awesome Thumbs up

But then I remember, you US guys have all kind of mortgages, credit card debt, student loans to pay back, I mean I'm sure you've bought a house or some nonsense, so you need to earn WELL above to keep above and so I guess never mind

Yeah, well. Thats life.

And no I didnt buy a house.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next