Go down

Thomas Tuchel at Chelsea - Page 2 Empty Re: Thomas Tuchel at Chelsea

Post by Helmer Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:33 pm

Kick wrote:His man management is apparently better than Lampard's Laughing

If reports are to be believed:
Lampard didn't talk to out of favour players about why they didn't play
Lampard gave confusing instructions to players
Rudi, Alonso, Jorgi all wanted him out.

Tuchel spoke to Jorgi, Kova and Kante within days of arriving, telling them he would rotate them depending on the situation.
Mount, James, Havertz and Silva have all come out and said how much they are enjoying working with him and how well he is communicating.

I honestly think, like any top manager, he's going to clash with some people, because every top club has big personalities, and big personalities don't back down. So you'll get clashes anywhere.

I was honestly so disappointed with this. I always hoped that Lampard will be a true professional manager and will leave a mark on Chelsea, do something meaningful. But it seemed like he had too many personal agendas. I can be completely wrong though. One mate interpreted this for me when I discussed with him.

I was hoping we will get to see some great rivalry in EPL, in terms of Lampard, Gerrard or even Rooney being at the top clubs.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:57 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

Tuchel spoke to Jorgi, Kova and Kante within days of arriving, telling them he would rotate them depending on the situation.
Mount, James, Havertz and Silva have all come out and said how much they are enjoying working with him and how well he is communicating.

I honestly think, like any top manager, he's going to clash with some people, because every top club has big personalities, and big personalities don't back down. So you'll get clashes anywhere.

I'm just surprised at how poor Lampard turned out to be at man management, honestly

We don't even need reports, we could sense it in his interviews
I am too. Thought it would be one of his strong points.

Maybe the job was just too soon for him?

Helmer wrote:

I was honestly so disappointed with this. I always hoped that Lampard will be a true professional manager and will leave a mark on Chelsea, do something meaningful. But it seemed like he had too many personal agendas. I can be completely wrong though. One mate interpreted this for me when I discussed with him.

I was hoping we will get to see some great rivalry in EPL, in terms of Lampard, Gerrard or even Rooney being at the top clubs.

He's my favourite player of all time, so I had hoped for more from him.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:00 pm

He was literally the German version of Antonio Conte when it came to his relationship with management at PSG... he kept second-guessing them in public! Also, he let Neymar just take over with whatever he wanted to do. Neymar, as wonderful a player as he is, is not a leader, does not have discipline, is a poor role model, and most definitely SHOULD NOT be left to his own devices. Like most Brazilians, he parties like a madman.

I will add that PSG management is also a joke for letting Neymar do whatever the f he wanted too. It's not all on Tuchel.

My beef has nothing to do with all of that. Honestly, it was the quality of football. Tuchel's PSG were awful to watch. Such a shame given the talent... he just couldn't make it work cohesively.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:49 am

Kick it was his first time in top-flight after coaching Derby for a short stint and all thing considered he did well. And did not aim for immediate results but long term which anyone must respect. Sadly, Chelsea board do not seem to aim for that and expected him to perform with newly bought players, two big ones who have produced close to nothing.

Tuchel was bound to succeed in Chelsea on that note. Conte indeed is a good comparison but as mentioned, similar to Pep, he sees players as a means to the ends and as pieces on a chess board rather than humans and his leadership is poor, tactical nous aside.

His PSG were awful though yes. Close to nothing of merit to say about them.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:58 am

PSG were pretty poor defensively, maybe its just their players, but really surprised Tuchel how much better defensively improved Chelsea has been ever since he arrived, and b4 that Dortmund also were good defensively. Maybe Tuchel is just having his luck with the current players or hes evolved?

English players have never been famous for being tactically superior or even competent by the showing of Neville and Lampard Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:07 am

New manager bounce lasts maximum up to six months. I will judge him from next season :coffee:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:46 pm

M99 wrote:New manager bounce lasts maximum up to six months. I will judge him from next season :coffee:

Its like people never learn. Same story over & over again with new managers. Ehhh....
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed May 05, 2021 5:46 pm

King. :bow:
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed May 05, 2021 6:03 pm

In four months at Chelsea, Thomas Tuchel has now beaten Zinedine Zidane, Pep Guardiola, Jurgen Klopp, Diego Simeone (X2), José Mourinho and Carlo Ancelotti! And without conceding a single goal either in those seven matches
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed May 05, 2021 6:12 pm

Did that defense struggle before Lampard's exit, too?

Obviously it struggled last year, but they went and got Thiago Silva. Did the defense still struggle after Thiago Silva, pre-Tuchel?

Regardless, he's been very impressive...and I don't think anyone was expecting the defensive solidity that he's brought to Chelsea.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed May 05, 2021 6:13 pm

Urban was right all along, RG wrong
we should have gone for Tuchel

Thomas Tuchel at Chelsea - Page 2 Tenor
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed May 05, 2021 6:36 pm

Really surprised since I didnt see all that at his PSG and Dortmund days as that speical and thought he was overhyped. Strange especially those two teams werent good at all defensively.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed May 05, 2021 7:03 pm

Casciavit wrote:In four months at Chelsea, Thomas Tuchel has now beaten Zinedine Zidane, Pep Guardiola, Jurgen Klopp, Diego Simeone (X2), José Mourinho and Carlo Ancelotti! And without conceding a single goal either in those seven matches

He faced Zidane twice and he did conceed in one of those.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Wed May 05, 2021 7:24 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:
Casciavit wrote:In four months at Chelsea, Thomas Tuchel has now beaten Zinedine Zidane, Pep Guardiola, Jurgen Klopp, Diego Simeone (X2), José Mourinho and Carlo Ancelotti! And without conceding a single goal either in those seven matches

Thomas Tuchel done great but that match against City B teams isn't that impressive. Only 3 starters that started against PSG played in that FA Cup semis for City. Compared to 8 players that started tonight for Chelsea. So pretty much City B-team vs Chelsea A-teams + Kepa Laughing
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu May 06, 2021 8:57 am

Interesting. I believe he has a really good record against the other bald fraud too?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 06, 2021 11:21 am

nasir6371 wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:

Thomas Tuchel done great but that match against City B teams isn't that impressive. Only 3 starters that started against PSG played in that FA Cup semis for City. Compared to 8 players that started tonight for Chelsea. So pretty much City B-team vs Chelsea A-teams + Kepa Laughing

Casciavit wrote: I'll have to watch the match on the weekend to make a better judgment, but based on the match against City's B team Chelsea looked very dangerous.

"City's B-team"

Steffen, Cancelo, Dias, Laporte, Mendy, Rodrigo, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Torres, Sterling, Jesus.

GTFO man Laughing

More than half a billion €€ in transfer fees in that team

Dias 70m €
Cancelo 65m €
Laporte 65m €
Mendy 60m €
Rodri 63m €
De Bruyne 76m €
Sterling 65m €
Fernandinho 40m €
Jesus 32m €
Torres 30m €
Even Steffen cost 7m lmao

City are an embarrassment and so are their fans
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu May 06, 2021 12:16 pm

What are you on about? That's there bench lineup. Yeah they have a bench worth 500M deal with it and stop crying about it. Nobody is saying it was a weak team, it's just not a fair representation on who would be playing in the finals.

Only 3 of those players would start the finals. Nobody said it was their youth team playing either. Just their bench players.

Ederson; Walker, Dias, Stones, Zinchenko; Rodri, Bernardo, Gundogan; Mahrez, KDB, Foden is the lineup that would be starting the finals and is the lineup that has played all the big games this season. Only 3 of those players played in the FA cup and they played a 4-4-2. So yeah, I'll wait to see on the weekend if he starts with his first eleven to see how City might cope with Chelsea in the finals instead.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Thu May 06, 2021 12:22 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
nasir6371 wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:

Casciavit wrote: I'll have to watch the match on the weekend to make a better judgment, but based on the match against City's B team Chelsea looked very dangerous.

"City's B-team"

Steffen, Cancelo, Dias, Laporte, Mendy, Rodrigo, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Torres, Sterling, Jesus.

GTFO man Laughing

More than half a billion €€ in transfer fees in that team

Dias 70m €
Cancelo 65m €
Laporte 65m €
Mendy 60m €
Rodri 63m €
De Bruyne 76m €
Sterling 65m €
Fernandinho 40m €
Jesus 32m €
Torres 30m €
Even Steffen cost 7m lmao

City are an embarrassment and so are their fans

"City are an embarrassment and so are their fans" Laughing Proud

He rested his starters vs Chelsea. Just cause our bench is better than other teams where they start Academy players if a starter is rested or injured, in Bayern's case starting Jamal Musiala for Lewa.

Nothing a City fan needs to be embarrassed about, just facts. Never shied from any criticism in regards to spending at City. Only a weak minded person would feel such embarrassment. City isn't Poverty club or Pretends to be on a la Bayern. And our backups/B-team will probably start for a lot of teams. It is what it is :coffee:

Maybe I should have said Backups instead of B-team. Some football cultures may refer to B-team as the actual youth team in City's case the Man City EDS team.
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2