Warrior
Art Morte
El Gunner
The Franchise
Great Leader Sprucenuce
18 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 24, 2021 12:25 pm

There was always gonna be a drop off with AD, man was shooting jumpers like KD in the bubble lol.

It's the most out of nowhere jump I've ever seen lol.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 24, 2021 12:26 pm

To give you an idea what I'm talking about from Twitter.

AD's jump shooting in last year's playoffs remains one of the most amazing "out of nowhere" shooting runs we've seen. His recent regular season FG% on long 2s & 3s (per @bball_ref):

18-19: 34.1% / 33.1%
19-20: 32.2% / 33.0%
20-21: 32.1% / 26.2%

2020 Playoffs: 55.2% / 38.3%
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon May 24, 2021 12:36 pm

I didnt watch the game, but for Bam and Butler to shoot that bad from he field and it still come down to a last second shot is not encouraging for the Bucks.

Butler will play better, I dont understand the slander he got reading through these pages. The man is a gamer and no doubt will come up big in this series.

I watched the Lakers - Suns aswell as the Clippers - Mavs.

I am sure he will play better, but please lets never mention AD in the same breath as Tim Duncan ever again. This man is so passive its ridiculous. At least grab some damn rebounds.

Lebron looks older every time I watch him, getting blocked and denied more frequently than ever, but I think if he gets aggressive, he will be able to get his points.

CP3 as unreliable as ever, already injured and basically a liability out there. Booker going to have to go above and beyond expectations but the Lakers are doing a good job doubling and getting the ball out his hands. I dont know if the others can keep making plays, but if they cant, Lakers will win.

Luka is just another level, his shot making is obviously amazing but I liked how he didnt force anything in the clutch and let guys like Brunson and Hardaway make plays for themselves.

Rondo is doing his thing but he may not be enough. Morris played good defence for the most part, George had a better second half and Leonard was Leonard but there is still something missing for sure. They could have stole the game if Morris didnt miss 2 FT's to bring the game level, but they couldnt get anything going after that.

KP needs to play better. The refs are letting him get fouled every time he touches the ball and this isnt helping, but he has to find a way to score. All this talk about him not needing a post game is foolish. He should be catching it in the mid post and shooting over everyone, especially when they got guys like Morris on him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon May 24, 2021 12:43 pm

someone on Twitter said Luka's game is made for playoff basketball... slower pace, back and forth clutch basketball that requires high IQ plays... i can't agree more
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon May 24, 2021 1:01 pm

100% agree on that.

He is a master of all 3 areas of scoring. He doesnt have to get all the way to the rim, doesnt have to be on fire from the outside, he can get into that mid range (without relying solely on hitting the difficult shots) and score on pull ups, pivots to fadeway, floaters/push shots from that 6-10 foot range or draw fouls.

Add in the passing and everything else...its over. Just need better pieces around him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon May 24, 2021 1:52 pm

Art Morte wrote:Hot take #1: Lebron is finally done as a superstar caliber player. The ankle injury sealed it; he probably hasn't fully recovered from it and next season will be his worst.

Hot take #2: AD got too complacent after winning a ring, has probably slacked off a little and hasn't been as good as he should be all season long.

Suns in 5.

:coffee:

More injured than complacent. Can't really say someone has slacked off when they've not been able to do any training the entire off season.

Then he came in the season out of shape and it clearly showed, which is why we should've brought him in later to start the season when he was clearly not fit.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon May 24, 2021 2:42 pm

I've expected this tbh.

Lakers in six anyway. Suns will maybe take a 2-0 lead before the Lakers get it together.

Phoenix is a very well coached team with a lot of chemistry going around, however the Lakers are still a class above, which I believe will start translating to the pitch soon. Hopefully.

That's counting on AD finally waking the fuck up and Lebron getting some more minutes in his legs.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon May 24, 2021 7:14 pm

Did you actually watch the game Vibe?
the only way i see Lakers winning 4 in a row vs Suns is if CP3 is compromised for the rest of the series
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon May 24, 2021 10:03 pm

No, I've reached that level of knowledge and understanding that I don't watch games anymore.

I didn't even check the score, I just knew Suns won.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon May 24, 2021 10:46 pm

El Gunner wrote:Did you actually watch the game Vibe?
the only way i see Lakers winning 4 in a row vs Suns is if CP3 is compromised for the rest of the series

Or just if LeBron and AD some combine for more than 31 points. Should be doable.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue May 25, 2021 1:08 am

I was about to post our 3Pt shooting stats in response to Dani when he was talking about Butler shooting so poorly bodes badly for the bucks, but this game will suffice. We have equaled our total 3PM from Game 1.

Obviously this will cool down and there is a lot of game to play, and we're red hot to start. But suffice to say that Miami were more than lucky that we had our worst shooting game of the season in game 1, and yet we still managed to win somehow.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue May 25, 2021 1:10 am

Refs are already fucking us too with Middleton fouls and moving screens
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue May 25, 2021 1:20 am

Miami Laughing
Bam Laughing
Herro Laughing
not only missing shots, but missing short which means they're missing in the worst possible way Laughing

been said these boys overachieved in the bubble
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue May 25, 2021 1:25 am

Bucks have had enough lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue May 25, 2021 1:27 am

My biggest issue with Bucks in game 1 is they never got out in transition and and there was very little ball movement.

It's the main reason they only had 12 uncontested 3 point attempts in game 1 and also coincidentally it's much better today where they can't miss.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue May 25, 2021 1:30 am

I hate playing the heat. I said this earlier. The entirety of their team is built around moving screens, flailing, playing the refs, and spamming 3 point shots.

Just like I said before, it's why despite the fact that I like the players, the team is fundamentally unlikeable.

EDIT: Even assuming we win this game and go up 2-0, this is still a series. Biggest reason why? Although we're blowing them out right now, they have 24 free throws to our 13. We've got more points in the paint though, it's not like we're refusing to shoot the 2
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue May 25, 2021 4:15 am

A lot of series left to go, but Butler follows up his G1 performance with a 4-10 , 2-4 FT, 10 point game 2

Super passive, too. Maybe he knew the Heat weren't getting back in it and was going through the motions (I doubt it, Jimmy doesn't do that). However, the guy is getting swallowed up and spit out by Giannis so far.

You have to assume he gets better
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue May 25, 2021 5:22 am

The Bucks are the better team, not surprising that they're 2-0 up.

Butler used to be an OK three-point-shooter, but his 3-ball has gone to shit in Miami (enjoying the Florida life too much?) and if he's lost a bit of quickness now and can't take on players off the dribble, he's finished as a top player. And if Butler can't drive through the defense the Heat become too easy to defend against since they have no penetration. Nunn probably the only other player who can take on defenders off the dribble, the rest of their back court are either three-ballers or almost retired guys.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue May 25, 2021 11:13 am

they probably come out blazing and take game 3, but then Bucks put the clamps back on them in game 4 and wrap up the series in game 5

good response by Nuggets, as i expected that series could go 7 games... always been a fan of Monte Morris and his scoring ability, he was a solid boost for them coming back from injury

if the Blazers go out round 1 surely Dame has to reconsider his future, or CJ is traded for another star...?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue May 25, 2021 11:57 am

2 games in and Butler is finished? Meanwhile last playoffs in the same conditions he was cooking everyone?

Damn, yall are harsh.

Bad start for the Heat and they are certainly in alot of trouble.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue May 25, 2021 12:01 pm

CBarca wrote:I was about to post our 3Pt shooting stats in response to Dani when he was talking about Butler shooting so poorly bodes badly for the bucks, but this game will suffice. We have equaled our total 3PM from Game 1.

Obviously this will cool down and there is a lot of game to play, and we're red hot to start. But suffice to say that Miami were more than lucky that we had our worst shooting game of the season in game 1, and yet we still managed to win somehow.

2 extremes, one really bad outside shooting performance and one really great one.

Dont think you can say the Heat were lucky in game 1, both teams could shoot better but surely the Butler and Bam numbers (plus invisibility of Hero) are a bigger downside than the Bucks hitting jumpers.

My point was and still is, the Heat are playing so badly, it would be shocking if they didnt improve and play better. If the game is close with the Heat playing this bad, with a bigger margin for improvement you'd expect the Heat to be right there in the series.

Obviously in game 2, the Bucks wrapped the game up inside the first 12 minutes so its irrelevant.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue May 25, 2021 12:18 pm

The Franchise wrote:2 games in and Butler is finished? Meanwhile last playoffs in the same conditions he was cooking everyone?

Damn, yall are harsh.

The bubble was very easy for the players mentally, despite every single player saying the opposite.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue May 25, 2021 12:19 pm

Right, but to be clear my point was that you were ignoring that we were shooting under 20% on open and wide open 3's. With knockdown shooters. Anything you can say about Heat needing to improve and margin of improvement could be said about the Bucks.

Put this way: Bucks shot 41% from 3 and won by 34 (Heat shot 25%). In G1 bucks shot 14% while Heat shot 40%, Bucks won by two.

Heat need more than improvement right about now. Spoelstra has to prove he can do what Bud couldn't do last playoffs: save a team that's in free fall.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue May 25, 2021 12:23 pm

For the record, I'm not calling the series over, I'm just disputing your claim
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue May 25, 2021 1:44 pm

Freeza wrote:
The Franchise wrote:2 games in and Butler is finished? Meanwhile last playoffs in the same conditions he was cooking everyone?

Damn, yall are harsh.

The bubble was very easy for the players mentally, despite every single player saying the opposite.

You think Butler falls into this?

I think Butler is legit, bubble or not.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue May 25, 2021 1:47 pm

Damn, yall are harsh.

Butler & Miami pretty much coasted through the regular season (so that's a bad evaluation basis) and two games into the playoffs Butler's been bad. I can only call it how I see it. Either he improves or I will continue to question whether he can be the main guy any longer.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next