S
VivaStPauli
RealGunner
Myesyats
Robespierre
37 posters

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Which teams will go through ? ( Choose 2, please)

EURO 2020 - Group F - Page 14 Vote_lcap0%EURO 2020 - Group F - Page 14 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
EURO 2020 - Group F - Page 14 Vote_lcap30%EURO 2020 - Group F - Page 14 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]
EURO 2020 - Group F - Page 14 Vote_lcap40%EURO 2020 - Group F - Page 14 Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 4 ]
EURO 2020 - Group F - Page 14 Vote_lcap30%EURO 2020 - Group F - Page 14 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 10

EURO 2020 - Group F - Page 14 Empty Re: EURO 2020 - Group F

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jun 2021, 23:02

Superstone Mariomintsch wrote:
elfmeter wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:I mean, just put on the Bayern players, it shouldn't be too hard

Well maybe, but not Sane,never seen him have a good game for Germany or for bayern for that matter. As bad as this German team is, they probably will beat the Limeys

Goretzka, Muller, Musiala, and Coman on the other game all have done well coming on. Bayern indeed have the strongest squad. But Sane, he's just terrible man. What a shame

i guess Sane has just yet to hit the gear
he is good but i dont think he likes this 3-4-1-2 ...with him needing to play wide as wingback

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed 23 Jun 2021, 23:02

Jesp I think its now France v Swiss, Germany v England, Porgual v Belgium, not 100% sure but something like that Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed 23 Jun 2021, 23:02

Caught the last 30 min of the Germany game.

Wasn't sure why Low didn't move Kimmich to RCB earlier considering how much space Ginter was given. Kimmichh's crossing from that half space area is elite. Not surprised a goal shortly followed once he made that adjustment. Sane playing RWB was pretty dumb too. He doesn't have a right foot. If he's going to play he needs to be shoved to the left touchline until he recovers his form. That last minute pass summed it up. Awful stuff lately from him.

Whenever Goretzka gets the ball at the edge of the box you just have a feeling it's a goal. He rips them in. He needs to be starting.

Germany struggled getting past Hungary's 5 man defense. With more teams defending like that I expect the next evolution to combat it being a 3-1-6. Naglesmann's already doing that.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jun 2021, 23:02

elfmeter wrote:Sane could have won the group for them in the end minutes, but kicks the ball a mile away instead.
I agree, Hungaria deserve better from this, too bad for them.

indeed he had this massive chance free with no pressure and also his team mates with defenders behind them ... that was a bit of a mess from him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jun 2021, 23:04

BarcaLearning wrote:Jesp I think its now France v Swiss, Germany v England, Porgual v Belgium, not 100% sure but something like that Razz

lol Spicy... i like it .... !
cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed 23 Jun 2021, 23:04

Both France and Portugal was happy with the draw in the final 10 mins.

Cowardice by Santos especially, he could have gotten Switzerland instead of Belgium if he went for the win.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed 23 Jun 2021, 23:05

Jesp wrote:massive respect for Hungarians! incredible team .. just undeservedly went home. they deserve to go far in this tournament ..

Hungary were absolutely brilliant with their warrior-like display. They were much better than Turkey, Russia, Macedonia, Scotland, Poland, and some of the 3rd placed teams. It's a cruel fate for them to be in this group. Majority thought they wouldn't get anything from this group, but if they didn't have the late collapse against Portugal (and today) they would've deservedly go through the group.

Whew! What a great last day of the group stage! And yeah, England plays Germany
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed 23 Jun 2021, 23:07

BarcaLearning wrote:Jesp I think its now France v Swiss, Germany v England, Porgual v Belgium, not 100% sure but something like that Razz

Yes, I think that's the correct matchup BarcaLearning Razz
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed 23 Jun 2021, 23:07

man like Koundé
EURO 2020 - Group F - Page 14 200.gif?cid=85b9463dr7jp4tsm9aazqolpajil4kyydu5srywdmbwyes1b&rid=200
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jun 2021, 23:08

Casciavit wrote:Caught the last 30 min of the Germany game.

Wasn't sure why Low didn't move Kimmich to RCB earlier considering how much space Ginter was given. Kimmichh's crossing from that half space area is elite. Not surprised a goal shortly followed once he made that adjustment. Sane playing RWB was pretty dumb too. He doesn't have a right foot. If he's going to play he needs to be shoved to the left touchline until he recovers his form. That last minute pass summed it up. Awful stuff lately from him.

Whenever Goretzka gets the ball at the edge of the box you just have a feeling it's a goal. He rips them in. He needs to be starting.

Germany struggled getting past Hungary's 5 man defense. With more teams defending like that I expect the next evolution to combat it being a 3-1-6. Naglesmann's already doing that.

on Sane for sure! he just didnt enjoy that position .. he should have played more in the left ... actually he doesnt seems to like that 3-4-1-2.
and i agree with gorezka too but didnt he had some injury issues at bayern hence they didnt want to like risk bringing him too early on?

anyway gorezka is unbelieveable there.
on gosens... ur on point where hungarians played 5 man defense and widened so much to the extent that gosens was not thate effective

but i am expecting against England them to be more open! this will give Germans better chance to operate

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed 23 Jun 2021, 23:08

Portugal v Belgium should be fire
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jun 2021, 23:13

Jesp wrote:massive respect for Hungarians! incredible team .. just undeservedly went home. they deserve to go far in this tournament ..

Hungary were absolutely brilliant with their warrior-like display. They were much better than Turkey, Russia, Macedonia, Scotland, Poland, and some of the 3rd placed teams. It's a cruel fate for them to be in this group. Majority thought they wouldn't get anything from this group, but if they didn't have the late collapse against Portugal (and today) they would've deservedly go through the group.

oh yea... absolutely! i agree they were way better than the teams u mentioned above. also they were missing domenec sobozlai who has this quality to become future hungarian superstar. incredibly unlucky to be drawn in this group indeed... but like u said they fought against top tier teams and really almost got through.

the late portugal goals probably was a reason but for sure they played better against germany! i seriously didnt expect this.
it was not just parking everyone at the back but the way with confidence they could bring the ball forward was so goood ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed 23 Jun 2021, 23:14

Jesp wrote:

on Sane for sure! he just didnt enjoy that position .. he should have played more in the left ... actually he doesnt seems to like that 3-4-1-2.
and i agree with gorezka too but didnt he had some injury issues at bayern hence they didnt want to like risk bringing him too early on?

on gosens... ur on point where hungarians played 5 man defense and widened so much to the extent that gosens was not thate effective

but i am expecting against England them to be more open! this will give Germans better chance to operate

Him not enjoying that position shouldn't excuse that terrible delivery. Yes it was his weaker foot, but simple low cross should be doable, instead he hit it so high and far like that?
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jun 2021, 23:17

Jesp wrote:

Him not enjoying that position shouldn't excuse that terrible delivery. Yes it was his weaker foot, but simple low cross should be doable, instead he hit it so high and far like that?

yea that was a mess from Sane with two additional forwards joining alongside him for support he should have just passed instead of taking aim .
lets hope we get to see Sane that we saw at mancity against England! he got this

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed 23 Jun 2021, 23:17

I hadnt watched Hungary at all, guess its just personal preference for the big name teams more and the fact that the bigger match ups are just too good to miss. Anyway, interesting how teams adjust themselves according to the situation they face. Im sure they have had to raise their game to avoid humiliation and the fact they done that and actually pushed Germany all the way making this group so enjoyable is really great credit to them.

Some teams in previous tournaments get drubbed x-0 for 3 games and go home with no positives.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed 23 Jun 2021, 23:19

Sane is a weird, whenever I watch him for Bayern I think he seems fine personally, but clearly he lacks chemistry with his teammates, and so appears same for NT so definitely need a lot of work for him on this important side of the game, cant be too individualistic nowadays.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jun 2021, 23:20

BarcaLearning wrote:I hadnt watched Hungary at all, guess its just personal preference for the big name teams more and the fact that the bigger match ups are just too good to miss. Anyway, interesting how teams adjust themselves according to the situation they face. Im sure they have had to raise their game to avoid humiliation and the fact they done that and actually pushed Germany all the way making this group so enjoyable is really great credit to them.

Some teams in previous tournaments get drubbed x-0 for 3 games and go home with no positives.

no one in that group probably expected Hungarians to be this good lol. not even after portgual scored late on or even against france . they were definitely the team who did better against them. Germany nearly lost this game tbh... they even hit the post on freekick late on

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed 23 Jun 2021, 23:21

Jesp wrote:

oh yea... absolutely! i agree they were way better than the teams u mentioned above. also they were missing domenec sobozlai who has this quality to become future hungarian superstar. incredibly unlucky to be drawn in this group indeed... but like u said they fought against top tier teams and really almost got through.

the late portugal goals probably was a reason but for sure they played better against germany! i seriously didnt expect this.
it was not just parking everyone at the back but the way with confidence they could bring the ball forward was so goood ...

Yeah I think almost nobody expected them to perform this well. They defended valiantly and they actually attacked well, creating dangers when they went forward. People picked Turkey and Ukraine as the dark horse, but they didn't perform and fight as well as Hungary. And yeah withouth their main star Dominik Szoboszlai. They should look forward to Qatar next year if they can keep up these performances
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jun 2021, 23:22

BarcaLearning wrote:Sane is a weird, whenever I watch him for Bayern I think he seems fine personally, but clearly he lacks chemistry with his teammates, and so appears same for NT so definitely need a lot of work for him on this important side of the game, cant be too individualistic nowadays.

i expect Germans to get better though. i mean they play well but they were really made to work hard. nowadays lot of teams are transitioning to 3 man defense with wide players alongside midfield so Germany team feels to be in a bit of a learning phase on this one. its just what i think i think they can do better

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu 24 Jun 2021, 00:39

Holy shit Löw is a shit coach.

After Sané not performing for an entire match, Löw takes off Havertz, Gnabry, Gündogan (ok, injured), Ginter, Gosens and leaves on Sané?
OMG.

I'm just glad we're meeting England, the only team with a manager just as insane.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu 24 Jun 2021, 00:41

Yeah Hungary deserve that shoutout tbh. The draw vs France not really a fluke at all the way I see it and Portugal legit struggled with them even tho the scoreline didn't reflect that.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu 24 Jun 2021, 01:10

VivaStPauli wrote:Holy shit Löw is a shit coach.

After Sané not performing for an entire match, Löw takes off Havertz, Gnabry, Gündogan (ok, injured), Ginter, Gosens and leaves on Sané?
OMG.

I'm just glad we're meeting England, the only team with a manager just as insane.

Agreed.... wtf is Sane even doing. Such a nothing player and a waste of space, truly
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu 24 Jun 2021, 02:12

Typical France group phase. Playing to qualify and not really worrying about style at all. DD has to make a couple of adjustment though:

- Lucas Digne is out of the Euro with injury and Hernandez is hobbled. Rabiot to the rescue as a LB lol.

- Lemar needs to play ahead of Tolisso. Tolisso is quasi useless out there in that position

- I really hate how conservative every action is. Instead of using the talent advantage and taking on the opponent... every pass is safe. Every movement is designed to make sure there are no defensive gaps if we lose the ball. It's slow and laborious for no reason.

Anyhow, I fully expect us to beat Switzerland and the winner of Spain/Croatia. The semis will be interesting though.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu 24 Jun 2021, 02:56

Couldve used Theo Hernandez as a backup too honestly. Im surprised he isn't on the team. Also surprised Laporte was never included after all this time. Never thought I'd see him play for Spain.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Thu 24 Jun 2021, 04:54

VivaStPauli wrote:Holy shit Löw is a shit coach.

OMG.

Laughing I get your disdain for Löw, but we need to understand the situation when he's making those subs. He subbed Gündogan who's injured with Goretzka who later saved the day, Goretzka was always going to come on anyway. Then he subbed Havertz and Gnabry who are tired after featuring majorly in the first 2 games with Muller and Werner, the more experienced attackers, with plenty of minutes still left. Then when losing 1 goal behind in the latter stages, he subbed Ginter and Gosens with Musiala and Volland, attacking substitutions.

In hindsight, you might think why didn't he sub Sane instead of Havertz or Gnabry. It's because Sane is fresher and there're still time to rectify his mistakes. If he then scored, assisted or played well, he will be forgiven. But he didn't take the chance and the confidence given, and I think that's mainly Sane's fault, not Löw's.

Southgate is quite different, my stance on him is quite neutral, but so far he's very conservative and didn't utilize his bench maximally, in that he's not going to make the attacking substitutions that Löw makes. And he will bring on player in later minutes in the game
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu 24 Jun 2021, 11:46

How dare you bring a measured approach to my angry rant?
I was enjoying all that  rage!

On a more serious note, Sané was so obviously bad though he should've been off. Could've let Gnabry play through, he didn't seem exhausted, just had an unlucky night.

More to the point: Hungary adjusted well to the German wing-backs and marked Kimmich and Gosens throughout - this resulted in LOADS of space down the middle, which Sané was just incapable of utilizing because... Honestly I don't know why. If Löw had brought any change to actually punish Hungary for giving up the middle of the pitch, it would've been a very different game, and I cannot fathom how inept of a manager you have to be to not see that.

Edit: I know he at least tried in the end with switching Sané to the wing, but that was way too late, he should've done it at the half-time whistle at the latest.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next