+2
Hapless_Hans
Zagadka
6 posters

Go down

Chelsea, Man City, Bayern, Liverpool Empty Chelsea, Man City, Bayern, Liverpool

Post by Zagadka Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:17 pm

Simple:

If you have $50,000 to bet, given 10/1 odds that this year's CL winner won't be a team other than those 4....would you take it ?

Just feels like they are heads and shoulders ahead of any team in Europe....should be the Semi-final providing they avoid each other in the quarters
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Chelsea, Man City, Bayern, Liverpool Empty Re: Chelsea, Man City, Bayern, Liverpool

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:47 am

10/1 odds means that you win very little even if you win the bet. While you still lose all of it if they don't. So no, not worth the risk.

You need to give us some more attractive odds if you want to get your career as bookie off the ground
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Chelsea, Man City, Bayern, Liverpool Empty Re: Chelsea, Man City, Bayern, Liverpool

Post by Kaladin Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:30 am

Out of those 4, i would place City, Chelsea and Liverpool as teams with the best chances

Bayern get whooped by FC Rotweiler every other week, just look at the past couple of games in the Bundesliga for them.

Chelsea have the burden of succeeding Real in winning consecutive CLs so i think they're out.

Pep has been chasing the CL for the past 10 years, so he's out

Liverpool with the form Salah has been in, is the strongest team i believe.

But CL isn't played on paper, its all about luck and teams/players hitting peaks/troughs in the right moments, for all we know some other team might emerge later on the season and become a force. Its early days still, but if we're judging off of group stages, Liverpool are 15 points, already seeded, with 15 goals forced and 5 goals allowed.

The same with Bayern, but Bayern is in a group with 13th placed Barca team, and fodder. Liverpool are in a group of death and whooping teams.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:46 pm

Whichever of these teams is performing the best around Feb or march. Usually whoever is performing really well this early burn out towards the later stages In the season regarding champions. Real use to start horribly but by Feb/march the became world beaters in the tourney

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:05 pm

After this thread I'll take those odds

Would never gamble 50k away like that tho
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:26 pm

so to actually answer Zagadka's question...
PSG is obviously the easy answer i guess. Then there's also EuroMax and Juve. Peeping at the CL group tables i see Ajax is 5 out of 5, maybe if the knockout stage draws go their way and they get some surprising wins here and there like they did few years ago they could do it. Or perhaps the Ragnick/United revival turns out legit like Tuchel/Chelsea last season.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down