"It's Between City, United and Chelsea/Chelsea Are Strong Contenders" etc etc etc

+25
S
Doc
VanDeezNuts
aford92
MindGames7
Gil
Emaharg
Great Leader Sprucenuce
urbaNRoots
vizkosity
lszanto
McAgger
Kick
RealGunner
Real Kandahar
Le Samourai
Abramovich
Onyx
Arsenalfaithfull
Blue Barrett
Tomwin Lannister
jibers
StrugaRock
Swanhends
Lex
29 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

"It's Between City, United and Chelsea/Chelsea Are Strong Contenders" etc etc etc Empty "It's Between City, United and Chelsea/Chelsea Are Strong Contenders" etc etc etc

Post by Lex Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:01 am

Every website i go to, every forum and every blog, the same thing is being said. Chelsea look to challenge/Chelsea could win it/Chelsea look strong blah blah blah

Um.........wat? scratch

Their signings haven't exactly been shit-your-pants spectacular and their remaining team isn't anything to write home to mum about, either. Yet most believe the top three will comprise of both Mancs and the Chavs (in no particular order) scratch

So what makes Chelsea such big shots to challenge the Mancs? Cos, personally, i don't see it

Last edited by Lex on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

"It's Between City, United and Chelsea/Chelsea Are Strong Contenders" etc etc etc Empty Re: "It's Between City, United and Chelsea/Chelsea Are Strong Contenders" etc etc etc

Post by Swanhends Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:09 am

Because many people get hard-ons for expensive young players, even though they haven't done anything to deserve those kind of expectations yet
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

"It's Between City, United and Chelsea/Chelsea Are Strong Contenders" etc etc etc Empty Re: "It's Between City, United and Chelsea/Chelsea Are Strong Contenders" etc etc etc

Post by StrugaRock Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:13 am

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:Because many people get hard-ons for expensive young players, even though they haven't done anything to deserve those kind of expectations yet
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:13 am

The title is between city and United. The rest is up for grabs. Arsenal will still come third.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:14 am

Let us not forget Tottenham and their strike force of Defoe :bow:
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:21 am

TomJuve wrote:Let us not forget Tottenham and their strike force of Defoe :bow:

Defoe a one man wonder?? hmm
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:22 am

Still better than Juve's strike force :bow:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:23 am

jibers wrote:

Still better than Juve's strike force :bow:

It's true and I wouldn't dare disagree Razz

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:25 am

I smell a sig bet :coffee:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:26 am

I have a sigbet with RG but I don't remember what it was lol

Is that thread still around?
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:29 am

If I had to bet I would go for

1.United
2.City
3.Arsenal
4.Chelsea

I think the difference between 3 and 4 will be fairly narrow.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:40 am

I will donate money to this forum if united end up winning a trophy and we don't... ( 5 bucks at most) ... United fans willing to do the same should arsenal win a trophy and you don't?

Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:46 am

They have Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Torres, Ramires... actually I don't why they're favourites with just those players. Maybe if they signed Hulk or something.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:46 am

No one believes in Arsenal now with the loss of RVP, same could be said with Drogba too though. Either way City best squad and Utd got refs in pocket, mini league for final 2 CL spotssmaybe??
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:54 am

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:I will donate money to this forum if united end up winning a trophy and we don't... ( 5 bucks at most) ... United fans willing to do the same should arsenal win a trophy and you don't?

United have not been trophyless in a long time mate. You guys cant even win the carling cup. Stupid bet
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:11 am

The jury is still out on how ur mf will do. Scholes and carrick won't be able to keep it going for the entire year. The understudies have not developed enough to play in the 2 man midfield.

This would have not been a problem in the past - compensated by
You guys outscoring the opposition
Having the sturdiest defense

Ferdinand isn't getting younger .... And ur fullbacks are far from convincing. City IMO are better than any other team in the league by quite a distance. Which is why , me saying that Arsenal will win a trophy is just as credible as you saying united will win.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:13 am

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:The jury is still out on how ur mf will do. Scholes and carrick won't be able to keep it going for the entire year. The understudies have not developed enough to play in the 2 man midfield.

Ferdinand isn't getting younger .... And ur fullbacks are far from convincing. City IMO are better than any other team in the league by quite a distance. Which is why , me saying that Arsenal will win a trophy is just as credible as you saying united will win.
Very one-sided view, tbf.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:14 am

Hopefully Arsenal wins it.

Will be a sad day when all the Arsenal jokes stop, butbenough is enough, Wenger deserves a trophy.

Cazorla and Arteta will get it done for him :bow:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:18 am

They aren't contenders yet, as simple as that, they used their money on young players who can be future flops...

With that money, they could have signed Sahin, Ibra, and Van persie lol
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:18 am

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:I have a sigbet with RG but I don't remember what it was lol

Don't need a thread lol. bet was to PSG winning the title or not
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:19 am

All I'm saying is that united are undeservingly grouped with city as the front runners. But why? They haven't addressed their biggest problem during the off season, while teams below them have strengthened.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:25 am

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:The jury is still out on how ur mf will do. Scholes and carrick won't be able to keep it going for the entire year. The understudies have not developed enough to play in the 2 man midfield.

Trophy as in Carling cup, Fa cup or cl? We have more chances of winnig one of those than you ever will. Are you kidding me? United havent gone trophyless since 2006. WTF. Arsenal...are you kidding me. Arsenal are not in competition with United. You are a top 4 team. We are a top 2 possible champions. What rubbish.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:27 am

RealGunner wrote:
BhritanniaBhlue wrote:I have a sigbet with RG but I don't remember what it was lol

Don't need a thread lol. bet was to PSG winning the title or not

Oh good at least one of us remembers Laughing
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:27 am

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:All I'm saying is that united are undeservingly grouped with city as the front runners. But why? They haven't addressed their biggest problem during the off season, while teams below them have strengthened.

And the almighty city that beat us on goal difference without our best defender. What? They needed a last minute goal ion extra *bleep* time to take our title. Are you kidding me? Get a grip of reality. You putting our club on the same plane as Arsenal, is quite frankly embarrasing.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:44 am

But you failed to close down a 5 point lead with x amount of games left to Play, against an "un gelled" city team. Without your star defender? .... And apparently the only one who defended ... Seeing as you blame the loss of vidic as the only reason you choked.

If that isn't an indication to the decline of man u ( comparison to the man u of previous years) , then sure.... You are right upthere with city! Btw are u in on the bet then?
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next