Perucho21
Casciavit
Mamad
Robespierre
37 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Who will progress?

UCL Ro16 2021/22 | PSG vs  Real Madrid - Page 8 Vote_lcap40%UCL Ro16 2021/22 | PSG vs  Real Madrid - Page 8 Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 4 ]
UCL Ro16 2021/22 | PSG vs  Real Madrid - Page 8 Vote_lcap60%UCL Ro16 2021/22 | PSG vs  Real Madrid - Page 8 Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 10

UCL Ro16 2021/22 | PSG vs  Real Madrid - Page 8 Empty Re: UCL Ro16 2021/22 | PSG vs Real Madrid

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:04 am

Where is Liverpool's bid for Asensio ffs or Arsenal do us another solid

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

UCL Ro16 2021/22 | PSG vs  Real Madrid - Page 8 Empty Re: UCL Ro16 2021/22 | PSG vs Real Madrid

Post by Doc Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:34 am

Well, as much as honestly love the man that is Carlo, I fucking hate the fact that there is legit data that supports the following:
a) a player coming back from injury should not play in a high pressure match (Kroos)
b) Asensio provides nothing in matches where the opposition is just a tad big challenging

And like the typical, born and bred Serie A manager that he is, went with the tried and trusted Kroos and Asensio pick. Sigh, Arq, talk to the man please.

I genuinely loved this match. Enjoyed Mbappe's performance as he tormented the fuck out of our right side though I dare say, he needs to start utilising his skill and focus less on speed as La Liga is more about playing in tight spaces (yes, I said La Liga, shit). Parades and Verrati were also good today, well, had a good first half while Messi was, well, decent I suppose. Also thought Haikimi was doing very well vs Vini and of course, nothing was wrong with Marquinhos performance. Until...

Donnarumma. Dollarrumma. A keeper that has never been known for his neat footwork decided to showcase said lack of skill and footwork in the best possible way and I am so happy that it was never called a foul as it was absolutely dumb of him. You're a keeper, clear your ball outta there.

That lovely moment changed the entire match. Messi's decent output went to naught, Neymar's brief moment of passing for the assist went to, well, no moments really. Parades and Verrati's influenced waned immensely and of course, individual errors kept pilling up.

While PSG was bottling it, Benzema and Modric showed why they are legit Madrid legends. Vini started to get past his man and Militao, Alaba and the rest of the lads let their experience do the talking on the field. Sigh, I really would be remembering this one for a long while, no lie.

Hope we get Liverpool again so I can see Vini vs Trent, that should be fun.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:28 am

What a collapse again by PSG, geez, lol, pretty sad stuff, historic failure again. PSG deserve nothing less, HUMILIATION!

Firstly Navas > Dourarumma n thats been the case always. They decide to force it while Navas dont deserve to get dropped... although same thing can be said with Real though Razz

Defense still a joke at times... dont rate Marquinhos, never have, he had a bad game.

Although the balance of the team was never gonna be right, n just defending with 7 players with the front 3, is always worrying n will concede goals, unless the front 3 does enough to tie up the opposition up front, which Mbappe did, but Messi n Neymar didnt, hugely disappointing. Instead they started time wasting with 30mins to go, really was pathetic.

Mentality Real are just great in the CL, goes to show experience n believe matters in this comp. Same things happened during those Zidane runs, they struggled but kept fighting n won in the end.

Oh well, I dunno where PSG gonna go from here, no Mbappe means will be even further from the CL potential next yr Razz

Now pls have Bayern or Man C knock Real out pls next Razz I will not be able to stand ANOTHER Real CL win.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:45 am

Casciavit wrote:
FennecFox7 wrote:Well there’s no question messi didn’t cause the loss. That’s definitely not his fault and I agree with your thoughts. I just believe he should’ve went to a team that emphasizes his strengths. City can cover for his lack of pressing, for example. But he easily could’ve won the tie if he was at his best, some of his moves were promising but he doesn’t have the physicality to pull them off anymore

Lacks explosion to get into higher areas when starting from deep and PSG don't have any patterns to get him into those areas.

I think defensively this was the hardest he worked in a long time. When was the last time you saw him defending at the edge of his own box? Laughing

PSG is an awful side tactically. He's part of the problem but Poch doesn't help matters.

Spot on... I guess there are few coaches today who can turn things around for PSG... the last few havent been able to more or less. Hard work ahead for Leonardo. Prolly needs to bring in someone who can instill more discipline n mentality into these stars, but usually means less freedom n entertaining football? Who knows...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:22 am

Proud of the team. It would've been very disappointing if we had gotten knocked out at the round of 16.

Benzema and Modric with a stellar performance.

No idea why Asensio keeps on getting selected though. He offers close to nothing overall.

This team has many weaknesses so I don't expect them to win the CL, but I hope they go as far as possible in the competition.

Congrats to Madrid. Their victory is fully deserved.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:21 am

No coincidence that the game completely changed when Kroos came off
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:25 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:No coincidence that the game completely changed when Kroos came off
He has won more CL titles with Madrid than Bayern have won since he was born.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:11 am

People talk about Messi but what about the ashes of Ramos. I recall an interview with Perez laughing he said PSG think they bought world-class player but i know he is done. Many PSG fans thought was the missing piece Laughing well he sure is missing

And they lose Mbappé next year for sure. How is this even in question. Was asking out before this mess of a season imagine what he thinks now.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:19 am

Going to be honest, I forgot about Ramos at PSG.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:49 am

Kroos was rushed back from an injury. I think every Madridista could've predicted this. Last season Ramos and Mendy were rushed back against Chelsea. Benz was rushed back against QSG in the 1st leg. None of them played good in those matches
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:30 pm

Nishankly wrote:
FennecFox7 wrote:So respond to my comment and be direct with your thoughts, that’s what mature people do. Clearly, mbappe was PSG’s best player over two ties. Do you disagree, and why? Only veratti was comparable

I responded to this game as you mentioned in your earlier post. For this game, Mbappe was nothing more than a Adama Traore for a counter attacking team. Sure, he beat a man occasionally, won a yellow well done, and scored a goal which was jammy at best due to shit keeping but it was not outstanding and in comparison Vinicius who's team was playing from behind, not keeping the ball at home, Vinicius did much more than Mbappe.

I am 100% sure he created more key chances, more dribbles, and he obviously played a key part in all 3 key goals. Mbappe who is supposed to 100 times the player did nothing outside kicking a ball and running at it all game. Verrati was the only one in that side this game who was decent the time he played.

Well first off, Adama is a completely different player to
Mbappe and has a fundamentally different style. He whips crosses in.

Mbappe was playing against a high line defense. Why wouldn’t you kick and run against them? Or make runs in behind? Off the ball movement is crucial. It’s strange you’re downplaying this, perhaps you have some sort of agenda, anyhow, from a decision making standpoint Mbappe did everything right, this is what’s important.

Except the service to him was not too great, particularly because Neymar tried to do his hero act and not pass the ball to him or Messi.

No one is arguing vini didn’t play well, he was great. Why are you comparing the two players?

Key passes, key dribbles, I don’t care about stats, you can go to Reddit or something for that, the eye test is what I care about, and his decision making was spot on every single time. That was a beautifully taken goal towards the near post. Veratti was great but he as well got overrun eventually, so still not good as Mbappe.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:33 pm

It's no secret that PSG's fanbase is to me when of the most annoying in the world.  So to see their faces quickly go from a state of ecstatic euphoria to complete, crushing darkness is priceless.

It's like even the Gods of football got annoyed by their arrogance and went "Let's give them something to make them shut the fuck up"  rofl
https://fb.watch/bFJzqSoE6D/
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:38 pm

For reference, Verratti was only overrun after Paredas was sunned off and suddenly was isolated in midfield, Poch's subs were mind-boggling and he was better off risking a red than sending in an idiotic DM in his place. Basically ceded control of the MF.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:53 pm

Amazing game that made up for the trash first leg. I was hoping it would go to extra time because of how good it was. I didn't want it to end.

The second Mbappe goal that was offside where he dribbles Courtois reminded me of Ronaldo Fenomeno. A work of art.

I genuinely don't understand how people don't think that was a foul on Donnarumma. I guess the refs, just like the rest of us, wanted to see if PSG would collapse again.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:39 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:For reference, Verratti was only overrun after Paredas was sunned off and suddenly was isolated in midfield, Poch's subs were mind-boggling and he was better off risking a red than sending in an idiotic DM in his place. Basically ceded control of the MF.
Thing is Paredes was 100% getting a red. In fact he almost got one for a needless foul earlier.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:44 pm

Paredes straight up murdered benzema and got no card, because benzema isn’t a diving cheater and didn’t excessively complain
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:42 pm

That's why players dive
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:55 pm

Dembele best Galatasaray player tonight
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:57 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Dembele best Galatasaray player tonight
Wrong thread?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:44 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:No coincidence that the game completely changed when Kroos came off

Funny thing is I thought he was fine for the first 20 minutes but he couldn't keep up after that.

Either way my opinion doesn't change. We just need the energy and athleticism Fede and Camavinga provide. Kroos can't do that
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad31 Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:18 pm

Kroos clearly wasn't fit no one is mentioning that let me guess doesn't fit the narrative? Same for camavinga got a lot of minutes and in those games were alot of draws and loses doesn't fit the narrative? athletic dynamic shit so funny like its all that matter, didn't people want to replace kroos with Pogba for that same reason? Typical casual view of football from rm fans like usual, I like camavinga like anybody else you can praise a player without constantly trying to take a dig, once kroos is fit he will play at his usual level and you lot will fake happy for him, cause all rm fans know to do it fake it and act like they knew all along.

This game was a deserved win psg could've finished the team off in the first leg, after carlo set the team up so horribly, got lucky and benzema saved him in the end.

I really like how vini has came along, he has learned to play balanced not everything is about trying to score flukey goals, something asensio will never learn cause that the cr model, does fck all in the game just try to score lucky shots, can't wait until that mentally leaves the team for good, once asensio was subbed no more passengers were left on the pitch, the team could fully go for it.

The team has a lot of good young players after the dead wood leaves the team this summer, hope the club scout the proper replacement instead of looking for another hazard, more young would be great as long as their still veteran leadership in the squad for a season or two.

I'm not sure if the team can win the CL but I believe they can have a great chance if carlo, actually tries to rotate the players and try different mix of players, one of kroos or modric should play not both every week cause they gonna get burned out or injured.

Chad31
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:03 am

Fede cant control the play at all so once Kroos retires more like Camavinga replaces him in that role? Or Real get an addition?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:39 pm

Heads were turning at psg signings but turns out they're all shit Laughing

UCL Ro16 2021/22 | PSG vs  Real Madrid - Page 8 E8xWmwuWUAAQDzL
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:01 pm

Ramos and Messi were just names. Ramos was probably needed as his leadership qualities are what could've saved them from Wednesdays debacle. But at his age and the wages he was getting, was it really worth the risk? Ramos is bearing the brunt of years of abusing painkillers. The guy was playing injured for years and these injuries finally caught up to him. Perez probably knew that hence only wanting to risk a season at a time

Hakimi was on paper a quality signing. He did really well at both Dortmund and Inter. However, a few days into his PSG career he had an interview were he said his dream was to go back and succeed at RM. If your heart isn't in it from the start what hope is there. He did really well in the league when QSG were plsying with 3 at the back if I am not mistaken. He is a wingback not a tradional RB. Poch's formation change really did him in

Dollarumma was too good a deal to pass up on. But Keylord getting shafted yet again after his superhuman form last season must sting. CL is not a competition you play an inexperienced Dollarumma in when you have CL winner Keylord in yout team.

Wijnaldum was probably bought to one up Barca. No thought behind that transfer whatsover and then you have CL flop Messi bought for his name.

QSG's problem is the amount of power they gave Neymar. I'd kill to see all the clauses in his contract. They put him above their team

Another one of their problem is the faction in their team between the SA players and the rest. They don't have eachothers backs and you could see that clearly in last Wednesdays game
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum